Checking in on 1111

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Checking in on 1111

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie,
That is a strangely funny coincidence! :shock: We were kind of a crazy family, with learning to drive when we were eight, riding motorcycles and horses, skiing and snowmobiles! :roll It took me a while to realize my brother Bruce wasn't inventing new games to have fun, he was really trying to kill me! It's so sad to be the youngest and naive. When I was about five he tried to show me how the clutch of a car worked. I was a fast learner. The car ended up over the bank. We used to pull each other on a sled and see how many times we could roll the sled over before falling off. And there were the times I'd be on my skis holding a rope, being pulled behind the snowmobile. It was really exciting with a field of wire fencing! What helped with my skiing was riding in the back of the truck, keeping my balance when we went boony-hopping. I won if I didn't fall out.

Yeah, we were pretty much feral children, shooed out in the morning and let back in at night. Never a dull moment for our guides! That's probably why I'm a careful adult, how many times can you tempt fate?

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
roxiedog13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by roxiedog13 »

Seeker13 wrote:Roxie,
That is a strangely funny coincidence! :shock: We were kind of a crazy family, with learning to drive when we were eight, riding motorcycles and horses, skiing and snowmobiles! :roll It took me a while to realize my brother Bruce wasn't inventing new games to have fun, he was really trying to kill me! It's so sad to be the youngest and naive. When I was about five he tried to show me how the clutch of a car worked. I was a fast learner. The car ended up over the bank. We used to pull each other on a sled and see how many times we could roll the sled over before falling off. And there were the times I'd be on my skis holding a rope, being pulled behind the snowmobile. It was really exciting with a field of wire fencing! What helped with my skiing was riding in the back of the truck, keeping my balance when we went boony-hopping. I won if I didn't fall out.

Yeah, we were pretty much feral children, shooed out in the morning and let back in at night. Never a dull moment for our guides! That's probably why I'm a careful adult, how many times can you tempt fate?

Love,
Kim
You and I obviously grew up in the same era, learned from the school of hard knocks , my 5 brothers and 1 older sister, my teachers. We played tag like everyone else, though doing so on the top of the girders of a train trestle, hmmm maybe?
I would walk on my hands on top of a trestle 200 feet above the rocky river on a 2ft wide beam. The 6inch spanner beams were tricky to balance on. Scaling cliffs, climbing trees, ice pan vaulting and other dare devil exploits were the norm not
the exception. I had stilts that I could only get on from the roof of our porch. Thinking about it now, where in the world were our parents? I suppose either at work or working on more siblings I guess. :lol:

I learned to drive a car at 11, my father would let me take it on the country roads at 12 and by 13 was letting me drive it to school . If a 13yr old kid is seen driving a car now it would make international news. :shock:

Big brothers were there to throw you off the raft before you learned to swim, drag you behind the si-doo and cars btw. I've rode many car bumpers down town on icy roads that I care to admit, watch out for the raised manholes! :shock:

I left the house in the early morning and did not return less to feed or sleep, the great outdoors was the playground, no TV or video games. The one phone was the only communication to the real world and time on it was valued . Stay on the phone too long and you would learn quick enough the first lesson of HARD knock and that would be on the side of ones head.

I'm still a risk taker and I still love the great outdoors. Risks are a little more calculated and measured however, my two broken legs, broken arms, broken jaw, nose, fingers, ribs and sternum have , aaaaaah, have, aaaaaah, what was I saying, oh and many concussions have taught me a lot and that is...............what was I saying????? Just kidding. :roll I've learned to be a little more careful, but still having loads of fun. :bana: :bana:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie,
Oh, yeah! You must have been the kid that lived down the street! It's like a trip down memory lane. We had train tracks, but no trestle. While you were walking on your hands on the trestle we were tying bed sheets to our ankles and jumping off the garage roof! It got really windy at our house. I forgot about the stilts! Ours were made out of two-by-fours. They were probably easier to get on than yours because we were already headed down a steep hill. Our friends had a rope swing that was tied to an ancient oak tree. It sailed out over a deep drop off, we knew if someone fell off, or the rope broke we were dead. I was on our rope swing, when it snapped I flew into the top of an old cherry tree! I remember looking at the ground thinking, "I'm so high...yup this is gonna hurt." My older brothers considered my other bother and I as necessary components in their science experiments. Suffice it to say frogs and fire crackers... are not a good combination.

Except for a severe concussion and scalp wound when I was little, severed pinky finger(it was reattached), dislocated pinky finger, broken wrist, sprains, cuts, scrapes and SEVERAL broken toes I left the really bad injuries to my older brothers. When my little sister came along I was very protective... It's no wonder I became a child advocate!

Your parents probably had to get second jobs just to pay the medical bills!

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I am laughing and wide eyed in shock at the image of you two as kids and the escapades you got into. And my Dad thought I was a little rascal! :shock: I've got news for him! Well dang! I lived in a white padded room compared to you guys! :lol: Keep the stories coming...I'm loving it...But maybe we should have a disclaimer: "Kids and kid wannabies... Don' t try this at home! ;) These two have already tempted fate enough for all of North America and there are no more "get out of a dangerous situation free cards" left in the angel's pocket.
Love you both and glad you survived to talk about it. :kiss:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Seeker13 wrote:Roxie,
Oh, yeah! You must have been the kid that lived down the street! It's like a trip down memory lane. We had train tracks, but no trestle. While you were walking on your hands on the trestle we were tying bed sheets to our ankles and jumping off the garage roof! It got really windy at our house. I forgot about the stilts! Ours were made out of two-by-fours. They were probably easier to get on than yours because we were already headed down a steep hill. Our friends had a rope swing that was tied to an ancient oak tree. It sailed out over a deep drop off, we knew if someone fell off, or the rope broke we were dead. I was on our rope swing, when it snapped I flew into the top of an old cherry tree! I remember looking at the ground thinking, "I'm so high...yup this is gonna hurt." My older brothers considered my other bother and I as necessary components in their science experiments. Suffice it to say frogs and fire crackers... are not a good combination.

Except for a severe concussion and scalp wound when I was little, severed pinky finger(it was reattached), dislocated pinky finger, broken wrist, sprains, cuts, scrapes and SEVERAL broken toes I left the really bad injuries to my older brothers. When my little sister came along I was very protective... It's no wonder I became a child advocate!

Your parents probably had to get second jobs just to pay the medical bills!

Kim
Never tried the bed sheets on the ankles, aka bungy jumping. I did have the idea that a bed sheet would work wonderfully as a parachute or attached to a framework of stilt legs should work sufficiently as a hang glider. The hang glider worked reasonably well actually , certainly prevented a leg fracture . :lol: Our stilts were made from 2x2, much smaller but prone to sudden failure. I too grew up on the side of a mountain , not to much flat land in my city. With grades of up to 30 degrees I soon learned it was easier and less costly to fall up the hill, downhill was not desired. I might also add that the 2x2 I used for stilts was usually rejects from the local saw mill. Instead of straight uniform legs I usually had one gimpy dog leg on one side the other bowed in some fashion. One good thing though was the pieces were never cut into the shorter standard lengths . My stilts were always 15ft long and I normally anywhere from 6-9 feet above ground. For a 11 year old that was extremely high and hence why the fall downhill less than desired.
Now, the rope swing, I totally forgot about that one. My most fond memory of that was same as yours , tied to a large Oak tree and the swing out over a large embankment. One of our popular locations had a burned out home and car wreck below the swing. One bright sunny summer day one of the locals( shall I say not the sharpest tool in the shed) decided to carry a huge bolder in his arms, swing out and drop it on the car wreck. He did a most spectacular job except he let go of the rope instead of the rock. The rock still in arms he plummeted like a lawn dart, heavy side down of course and straight into said mangled car wreck. The carnage was huge, I think he broke more in that one rocky plunge than I did my entire life, too much to tell. Anyway, he did live, think he was a little smarter after that , and our good old Canadian medical system patched him up good. Good thing the medical was free, they were the poorest family I have ever known, literally lived in a tar paper shack.
Poor frogs didn't fair so well in my neighborhood either. Though a different method of torture , the inevitable outcome was the same . Instead of firecrackers we had a drinking straw, pellet guns and a pond, can you figure it out? I'll give you two hints, frog balloon and the expression tighter than a frog's ____s . I'll point out this was an observation, I never participated in this, ever, I truly respect nature too much but the story, well it was what it was.

This had been a great trip down memory lane or shall I say, memory of pain. :oops: Glad Sandy was along for the ride, hope she doesn't get too many ideas, she has been known to stand on her head from time to time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

I get the feeling I was abandoned after the frog story. :sorry: Just to set the record straight, that was others and even from a different town , certainly a different era too .

I'm the nature lover remember :bana:

See picture last fall during a fly in Salmon fishing trip with my son. The ducks were curious and swam really close to me. Later an Eagle showed up for a lunch of baby duckling but he never
did manage to catch one, their avoidance diving timing on this day was just too good.

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Roxie,
:) Awhhh I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to ignore this thread. It has been a busy and weird week. I know, I for one haven't abandoned you and no worries I did catch the fact that you didn't hurt any frogs. I have to laugh though, as a kid, I have "taken out ("POW!!!) kids who even thought they would try something of that nature. ;) :mrgreen: But no, I know you, in a weird funny kind of message board way, and I have seen many of your beautiful nature photos that so touch my heart as this one did above. I must admit, I haven't seen anything that beautiful in a very long time. You certainly haven't lost your touch. The animals would never draw near to you if you were not sensitive to their presence...respecting, awed, and appreciative of what you observe.
Anyway, it is late afternoon here and I have just gotten to the message board...but this photo... it really speaks to me, opening my heart to energies that bridge the gap between all life. Thank you for posting it. I have a feeling I will be returning to view it often. I just love it!!!
Have a great week end! :hithere
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Roxie,
Did you hear the crickets chirping? No abandonment or judgement here! Like Sandy, have been very busy,.. must admit it's always a little weird here. Actually tried leaving a post last night, was distracted, lost the whole thing and also ran out of time. As a preschool teacher I never worried to much about technology. As a small motel manager on the other hand, I've learned more about I phones, internet connections, wi-fi and satellite receivers than I ever cared to!

The photo is exquisite! Don't believe I've ever experienced a yellow sky such as the one you posted. My son took up fly fishing a few years ago he says there's nothing as relaxing as being alone on the water perfecting his technique. My dad was a huge hunter/fisherman. We tried a plethora of different game. I left all that to my brothers, never could eat something I'd seen alive before. My family always had to trick me with what we raised. That reminds me of a story! We had two black Angus cattle. One was the meanest animal I'd ever known and he was always escaping the pasture. One time my youngest brother and I were left home alone when the black demon escaped! We knew we would be in trouble if we didn't try to catch him. My brother gave me a 2x4, probably left over from our stilts. My response was, "Are you kidding me!" I was scared silly when of course the steer charged straight at me. I had to stand my ground, because there was no where to run. It was kind of like waiting for a pitch, my brother was shouting directions, I waited and,"WHACK!!!" I got him right between the eyes, he hit the ground stunned. Bruce put a rope around his neck and led a very humble black Angus demon back to the pasture. My hands stung, but I was alive! I'm an animal lover too, except if they're bent on killing me... Don't worry my 2x4 days are behind me...pretty sure.

Love,
Kim

roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote:Hi Roxie,
:) Awhhh I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to ignore this thread. It has been a busy and weird week. I know, I for one haven't abandoned you and no worries I did catch the fact that you didn't hurt any frogs. I have to laugh though, as a kid, I have "taken out ("POW!!!) kids who even thought they would try something of that nature. ;) :mrgreen: But no, I know you, in a weird funny kind of message board way, and I have seen many of your beautiful nature photos that so touch my heart as this one did above. I must admit, I haven't seen anything that beautiful in a very long time. You certainly haven't lost your touch. The animals would never draw near to you if you were not sensitive to their presence...respecting, awed, and appreciative of what you observe.
Anyway, it is late afternoon here and I have just gotten to the message board...but this photo... it really speaks to me, opening my heart to energies that bridge the gap between all life. Thank you for posting it. I have a feeling I will be returning to view it often. I just love it!!!
Have a great week end! :hithere
Love,
Sandy
Don't be sorry, just thought I might have crossed the line, everyone's busy living and life is indeed for the living . I didn't get a frog in my throat over it ;) and nobody croaked :lol: all is good :bana: .

Figured you would like that one when I saw it on my photbucket, exactly why I shared it. Watching the Eagle and the Ducks engage in nature was absolutely amazing, the good part being the Eagle did not get one on my watch.
I did manage to land two 10LB Atlantic Salmon within an hour that morning, that was the icing on the cake.
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Seeker13 wrote:Dear Roxie,
Did you hear the crickets chirping? No abandonment or judgement here! Like Sandy, have been very busy,.. must admit it's always a little weird here. Actually tried leaving a post last night, was distracted, lost the whole thing and also ran out of time. As a preschool teacher I never worried to much about technology. As a small motel manager on the other hand, I've learned more about I phones, internet connections, wi-fi and satellite receivers than I ever cared to!

The photo is exquisite! Don't believe I've ever experienced a yellow sky such as the one you posted. My son took up fly fishing a few years ago he says there's nothing as relaxing as being alone on the water perfecting his technique. My dad was a huge hunter/fisherman. We tried a plethora of different game. I left all that to my brothers, never could eat something I'd seen alive before. My family always had to trick me with what we raised. That reminds me of a story! We had two black Angus cattle. One was the meanest animal I'd ever known and he was always escaping the pasture. One time my youngest brother and I were left home alone when the black demon escaped! We knew we would be in trouble if we didn't try to catch him. My brother gave me a 2x4, probably left over from our stilts. My response was, "Are you kidding me!" I was scared silly when of course the steer charged straight at me. I had to stand my ground, because there was no where to run. It was kind of like waiting for a pitch, my brother was shouting directions, I waited and,"WHACK!!!" I got him right between the eyes, he hit the ground stunned. Bruce put a rope around his neck and led a very humble black Angus demon back to the pasture. My hands stung, but I was alive! I'm an animal lover too, except if they're bent on killing me... Don't worry my 2x4 days are behind me...pretty sure.

Love,
Kim
Nope I don't hear the crickets, probably because we don't have them this time of the year and the 18ft of snow so far this year could subdue their efforts to be heard. All this snow has me singing to the high heaven's but my noises are probably not as heart warming as are the crickets. :bomb

That picture was taken as the sun was rising, the colors almost true as was the gradient of colors. The Ducks certainly had me drop my fishing rod for a while, as did the sunrise. Hard not too when those moments present themselves and I always have a camera on hand, it is the first item for any outing.

Fly fishing on a river alone, even with a friend is probably the most wonderful , beautiful and relaxing thing a person can do. The air is so cool and rich you can drink it, the sounds of the water bubbling, the fish jumping and also the visual
aspect as I have shown is certainly a warm bowl of homemade soup for the soul . The catch if it does happen is fantastic , the trip is the food for your spirit .

Your stories are priceless, honest and real. I too have some Bull stories I have yet to tell. You certainly showed that black Angus a thing or too , most important, you managed to "Stear" him in the right direction. Sorry with the puns, I just can't let opportunities go by. :mrgreen:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

HI you two!
Kim, Your "meanest animal ever known story" would make Petra proud! LOL (Remember her Mr. Big Horns story on the Secret thread? :lol: ) You showed great bravery and fortitude standing there with your 2x4. I'm afraid "Mr. Black Angus" would still be roaming free if it was up to "ole spineless' here. :mrgreen:
(...and I'm still laughing over Roxie's puns :lol: )

Loved this...
Fly fishing on a river alone, even with a friend is probably the most wonderful , beautiful and relaxing thing a person can do. The air is so cool and rich you can drink it, the sounds of the water bubbling, the fish jumping and also the visual
aspect as I have shown is certainly a warm bowl of homemade soup for the soul . The catch if it does happen is fantastic , the trip is the food for your spirit .
Where I live it is rather hard to get away from it all, but I found a little nook in the small grove of Shea Oak trees down by the lake, that is my "Salmon fishing river." I spread out my blanket and lean back against the trunk of a fallen "old timer", who's still alive, even though most of the support roots are now above ground in the disk that once supported it. The energies of this tiny bit of forest is incredible when one opens themselves up to it...and I feel at home, nurtured, even protected as I munch my cookies and sip my tea. I always plan on meditating here, the formal kind... but it never happens as the peace here does not require such a thing. To just be in the moment in this place is as good if not better then and hour of formal meditation indoors. (Just like your Salmon river.) It's funny though, most people do not see it as beautiful to the eye, not at first, anyway. One has to "look" a little deeper" sometimes to see the wonder of it all I suppose...

Well, keep the stories coming you both and anybody else who wishes to jump in too. It's so much fun to see happening through your all's eyes of experience! :bana:
love,
Sandy
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote:HI you two!
Kim, Your "meanest animal ever known story" would make Petra proud! LOL (Remember her Mr. Big Horns story on the Secret thread? :lol: ) You showed great bravery and fortitude standing there with your 2x4. I'm afraid "Mr. Black Angus" would still be roaming free if it was up to "ole spineless' here. :mrgreen:
(...and I'm still laughing over Roxie's puns :lol: )

Loved this...
Where I live it is rather hard to get away from it all, but I found a little nook in the small grove of Shea Oak trees down by the lake, that is my "Salmon fishing river." I spread out my blanket and lean back against the trunk of a fallen "old timer", who's still alive, even though most of the support roots are now above ground in the disk that once supported it. The energies of this tiny bit of forest is incredible when one opens themselves up to it...and I feel at home, nurtured, even protected as I munch my cookies and sip my tea. I always plan on meditating here, the formal kind... but it never happens as the peace here does not require such a thing. To just be in the moment in this place is as good if not better then and hour of formal meditation indoors. (Just like your Salmon river.) It's funny though, most people do not see it as beautiful to the eye, not at first, anyway. One has to "look" a little deeper" sometimes to see the wonder of it all I suppose...

Well, keep the stories coming you both and anybody else who wishes to jump in too. It's so much fun to see happening through your all's eyes of experience! :bana:
love,
Sandy

Going to be hard to beat ( excuse the pun :mrgreen: ) Kim's Steer clubbing story. We use to jump in the fields with the cows when I was a teen and once in a while the Bull would take exception to us and run us out. To a 12-13yr old that Bull
was mighty big and mean looking, I barely made it to the fence several times. If I did have a 2X4 I wouldn't have the guts to stand up to him for sure. :shock:

OK, I do remember a story of Steers and fields . About 30 years ago I learned to hang glide. Did a theory course Friday night and on Saturday we rigged up the gliders and did some little slope runs getting the gliders up a couple of feet
more or less just getting a feel for it. Sunday morning we set up the gliders on higher rolling hills to get 15-30 seconds of low level air time over the pastures. By the time my turn came along the wind had picked up a little and when I launched a
big gust picked me up and now I was like 200ft in the air when I was supposed to be only feet off the ground. Not panicking I leveled off kept the nose down and into the wind. Well, instead of landing at the bottom of the hill I went about a quarter mile further out over the herds of cattle that now were taking great interest in the colorful Pterodactyl circling over them . Every one of the cattle were now looking skyward and following on foot, I did not know this at the time but was
certainly managing to keep the glider in control. I made the most awesome perfect flared landing ever but unfortunately it was in the middle of a field of 200 cattle .Well, it started right away, the running of the bulls that is, I could hear the stampede and I the big red glider the target of the attack. Lifting the back of the kite which I was securely harnessed into I could see the stampede coming for me. I panicked , couldn't get out, so I picked up the entire 30ft glider and started the poop paddy dash at a blistering speed of like 3 MPH. Looking up atop the hill I could see everyone yelling, wait a second, no, they are laughing, uncontrollably so I expect no help from that end. Now absolutely exhausted I stop and lay the kite down, amazingly the entire herd stops in unison about 20ft from my position. I guess once they got close enough the big red Pterodactyl was too intimidating, little did they know it was a sheep in Pterodactyl clothing . When I walked they did too, if I ran so did they but at that comfortable 20ft distance. All that I discribe was from a video the instructor was taking to critique us later. I may have not ever remember the details had I not seen the video later, at the time I figured my time was up in the pop paddy fields. Anyway, later that same day I actually jumped off a 2000ft cliff and soared to almost 3000ft on my first launch,I think the air time was just short of an hour. The landing was not as good as the first but in the end I did smell a little better. :lol: :lol: :bana:

Note to self, next time flying hang glider over cattle pasture, remember to bring a 2X4 . :mrgreen:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Roxie, I think you just did Kim proud!!!! I have tears running down my face still from laughing so hard. I can just picture the whole thing...Oh My... there I go again..."red Pterodactyl"... Love it!!!! Your instructor didn't by chance save the video? I'm thinking it could be a UTube sensation! :mrgreen:

Okay Kim..."the story stick" is passed on to you, Sis ;) :sunflower:
:loves
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie,
You are the pun iest guy ever! It always feels so comforting when everyone is laughing and you're certain doom is about to befall you. It surprises me the cattle ran toward you, usually when faced with a giant red pterodactyl they run the opposite direction! I vote that a Poop Paddy Dash be added to the Olympic events, bet it would be the most entertaining one to date.

My turn huh? Hmm, let's see. Probably the highest I've ever flown without a plane involved is when flying into the top of a cherry tree. Well, there's so many stupid things to choose from. Oh my gosh, do you guys remember Glow Juice? This one isn't very death defying, unless you count running for my life from a group of incensed preteen boys! My brother had sleep over with his scout group. They were camping in the back yard. What started out as a simple splash and run prank, turned into an hour long Glow Juice slinging party! By the time we were done EVERYTHING! was bright green, including the tents, grass, weeds, clothes line, clothes, dogs and people! I had long blond hair at the time, we found out Glow Juice... has to wear off and wasn't recommended to be exposed to the skin. How many 10 an 11 year-olds are going to read the directions! I swear there were weeds that glowed for years afterward. For a long time at night you could tell I was coming, my night gown lit me up like a beacon. I loved that nightgown!

That's all I have for now, have to go and wrestle with some more satellite receivers...I'll be so glad when they're all activated!

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Glow juice? How did I miss that one? I can just see all of you running around for days maybe even weeks glowing a nice healthy bright green! :lol: Makes our "baby powder wars" seem tame and I could have definitely gotten some tackticle tips from you and Roxie...
I vote that a Poop Paddy Dash be added to the Olympic events, bet it would be the most entertaining one to date.
:cheers: I couldn't agree more... With that catchy Poop paddy dash" title and the fringe benefits of giving the bulls some exercise and entertainment... it is a win/win situation. Truly, though, why couldn't they have at least one "just for fun" event in every Olympics...just in case everyone starts to take themselves too seriously. ;) :mrgreen:
love,
Sandy
hmmmm just had a thought... with the version I envisage, keeping the bulls in the field, it might be a little too much like "the running of the Bulls...which is crazy! :shock: Must keep the welfare of the bulls in mind. (oh and the humans too :roll: )
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Glow juice? How did I miss that one? I can just see all of you running around for days maybe even weeks glowing a nice healthy bright green! :lol: Makes our "baby powder wars" seem tame and I could have definitely gotten some tackticle tips from you and Roxie...
I vote that a Poop Paddy Dash be added to the Olympic events, bet it would be the most entertaining one to date.
:cheers: I couldn't agree more... With that catchy Poop paddy dash" title and the fringe benefits of giving the bulls some exercise and entertainment... it is a win/win situation. Truly, though, why couldn't they have at least one "just for fun" event in every Olympics...just in case everyone starts to take themselves too seriously. ;) :mrgreen:
love,
Sandy
hmmmm just had a thought... with the version I envisage, keeping the bulls in the field, it might be a little too much like "the running of the Bulls...which is crazy! :shock: Must keep the welfare of the bulls in mind. (oh and the humans too :roll: )
Glow juice, missed that product too. Knowing the era from which it was created, the light green color , lack of product testing that would have been done I am suspicious this might have been a byproduct of the nuclear program of the day.That was indeed used for some consumer products believe or not, the glow juice has me thinking. If you were always the first person to be located at night playing hide ans seek you might want to check out a decontamination center. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My dad and all his friends at work used to wash their soiled hands and faces with PCB oil left over from the transformer oil changes, man that stuff really cleaned up well. PCB oil is one of the most highly carcinogenic product out there, certainly has been banded for decades but that was the way of things back in the day. My dad did die at an early age, only 49 in-fact and unfortunately at my wedding, a heart attack. Not that the oil had anything to do with that, I am suspicious it may have been : the two packs of unfiltered cigarettes a day, the heavy drinking, lack of sleep working the night shift yet still raising a gaggle of ADD children, over weight, horrible diet, lack of exercise and a touch of genetics. He worked with the railroad and they encouraged the men of the day to go in the boonies on the work train. All the food, booze, cigarettes was gratis, I'd say it was the only vacation the guy ever had to be honest.

As you can see I am stalling. I'm searching my memory for another descent story of my own , many of the good ones I have already recalled. I have more, just need time. I was away on the work train, having to recover now :lol: :lol: just kidding, I was away though. Wife had one of her last reconstruction surgeries following the double mastectomy, I think shes all but done now except for follow ups and some required tattoo work, believe it or not it is part of the process. :?
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie,
I'm glad your wife is almost through that horrendous ordeal! And to have your dad die on your wedding day! Not too much is worse than that! The work hard, play hard scenario does not make for a healthy lifestyle. The way you describe your father is 'just the way it was' back then. Let's hope all of us have learned from mistakes of the past. I wonder what we'll be shaking our heads at in the future?

Hot dogs! You know they are the worst things in the world for you! But, for us non-vegetarians, what is better than a hot dog roasted over a huge bonfire, nestled on a soft white bread bun, topped with all the condiments in the world, including sauerkraut, followed by a gooey dripping somemore ?! The adults sit around the fire drinking beer, swapping raunchy stories, :bom: while the kids are playing hide-n-seek in in the woods in the dark, tripping over cement blocks! :rabbit: This was my childhood, not my children's. :happy

Oh my gosh, I just remembered another story! My Dad was pretty much an awful person. :evil: We always had to be on the look out for his bad mood and snapping belt, but there were times when we'd come up with plots involving my dad and follow through with them, even though we knew we were going to pay for them later! :bike: Showing him a snake was always a great stand by, :shock: my dad was terrified of snakes! The best one though, initiated by my older brothers of course, 8) was every once in awhile taking a pack of his cigarettes and planting 'loads' in them. The result was basically an exploding cigarette! :bom: Hilarious right?! Well, at the time and to us there was nothing funnier. Once again,...How did I survive childhood.

Roxie, please come up with another story of childhood antics to counter the awful one I just told. :oops:

Kim

roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

So may anecdotes about my life , I'm not sure I have too many left . I have not probed too deep into my past in the last decade, I try to focus on today and forward. For me the past has so much pain I have not ventured back at all. I lost my oldest
son to Leukemia in 2004, he was only 17 at the time and the battle lasted almost two years. I guess in defense mode I closed the door on the past, all of it really. Now that I have stepped a little further back reminiscing about events from my past
I only see how wonderful that period was. Maybe a little crazier than most families but our exchanges have reinforced the reality that it was probably a little more normal than I realized .

Your comments about your father and snapping the belt is so funny. There must have been a class on that because the sound of that was terrifying . My father didn't just stick to the belt though, he also used a "switch." When discipline was forthcoming we were asked to go get our own switch to be used in the beating. The home that I grew up on from age five on was our new home, much bigger than our last two bedroom bungalow for family of eight . Yes, this new home had four bedrooms, a huge yard and most importantly our very own "switch" patch. Well , it wasn't just a switch patch, it did start out as a beautiful neatly groomed hedge lining the entrance to our new home. Being about fifty feet long and lining the edge of the entrance walkway both sides and around the house there was enough switch ammunition to last forever, so we though. The cruel about these switches is that they were just perfect, about finger sized at the base tapering like a perfect whip to cat n nine tails at the end . Well, with five ADHD boys, my one sister was immune to discipline, that is another story, it didn't take long before the switch patch started to thin out. I must also note the switch patch was a summer beating tool as the patch was covered with snow during the winter and hence forth the leather folded belt snapping tool was then employed for the carnage .

And herein lies one story that is hard to tell, it would better to have been a spectator, but that was 40 years ago now, actually probably longer, maybe 42 ears ago. So, there I was facing my father after mistake number bazillion. I am standing in front of him with the perfect switch/ cat n nine tails weapon pleading for mercy. I hand him the weapon, and I'm asked quite sternly, " turn around." Those are the dreaded words, " TURN AROUND!" You see the thing is, you know that even before you turn around completely the hammer is going to fall. That switch will be perfectly timed to strike the sweet spot before the moon reaches full orbit. This is when the pleading reaches its maximum, the pucker factor and butt clenching reach100% and the hands, your second defense do a partial eclipse of the moon. I'm not sure what possessed me on this particular day, can't even remember the level of the crime in fact. What ever it was it happened immediately, it was the first time ever but I did it. As the switch was bearing down I lept forward completely avoiding contact, my father I believe did a 180 degree spin. In HIND site ( on with the puns) it would have been better to just keep quiet and take the few little whacks, they never really hurt. Actually, I suppose it would have been better to not get into trouble but that wasn't going to happen either .It was in fact the total resistance, the push back and pleading that only made my father angrier than the crime and the level of punishment then more a factor of the latter than the crime. Anyway, back to the story . When he came around from the first spin miss combo what I saw was reddened eyes, about twice their normal size in fact. I knew right there and then the level of my mistake so I bolted, ran like the wind. Now at 11 or 12 years of age , young, extremely fit my father at 40, overweight and a seasoned smoker was no challenge. I could have , should have, just disappeared in a cloud of dust but somehow my moon was caught up in a gravitational orbit only one and one half switch years from the death star . He continued swinging the light saber, I mean switch missing with every stroke, I continued pleading butt by that time stopping only meant imminent death. We left the property in a cloud of dust running down the back road, a half mile laterally, quarter mile up hill before another lateral mile back towards the home on the upper road. The whole time there is a barrage of treats and expletives the neighborhood or world has never heard before. So here we are only a few hundred yard from our home again, I must have assumed it was some safe haven but alas that was the direction I took as somehow I was in charge of steering the death star. I don't think I even broke a sweat, not even breathing hard really and my poor father was absolutely exhausted . He couldn't swat a fly at that point, he could not talk and the babble coming out of his mouth was simply gibberish. He came to a full halt about fifty yards from our home, bent over with both hands supporting himself on his knees, head down , I turned around fully facing him willing to accept willingly what was about to come. It took about five long minutes of coughing before he stood erect again but when he did, there was a change. As he raised his head he started to laugh, I continued to cry/ plead after all he had just cracked and I was about to die . He walked toward me dropped the switch and put his arms around me and gave me the biggest hug I ever remember and simply said " I love you."

Thanks for helping me remember that one, it was in fact one of the best stories I can remember from my younger life.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Roxie,
I felt a change in your mood from your last post. This one had to be so difficult to post, but I hope cathartic. Honestly I do not know if I could survive if I lost one of my kids...I'm not going to go there because no one can know what it's like unless they've gone through it. I must let you know though it doesn't take much for me to cry in empathy for what others have to go through. :sorry:
]
I don't know how wonderful it was growing up as I did. We didn't know any differently! It was what it was, in our town not much different from our neighbors, except like you maybe a little more crazy. Does make me realize how resilient we were. Definitely made me know I wanted it to not be like that for my kids! What was it about dads back then? First expecting us to retrieve the weapon of our destruction, then turn around and stand there while the punishment was administered! And why always on the bare bottom? It's not like a pair of pants was going to protect us much? In our family you didn't have to necessarily be the one to commit the crime, just be unlucky enough to be in the general vicinity of where it was committed.

My mom told me stories of having to find their own switch. :evil: We just had to go get the belt, still can't stand the sound of snapping leather and the scent of sweat, booze and cigarettes. My little sister never 'got it' either, we had to reach an age of defiance of power before he laid into us. It was when we refused to stand and take it anymore and defend my mom, that my dad didn't know how to go on from there. I just turned 16 when he died.

So Roxie, maybe that's what this thread was leading to all the time? Obviously somewhere tucked in beside the pain, fear and tears was something positive we could take away from our childhoods. I'm so happy that you heard those words from you dad. Did anything change after that?

I went through the arduous process several years ago of revisiting and releasing. It wasn't painless or pretty, but I was able to forgive my dad for what he put us through. I took away from it the gift of forgiveness...I say gift, because it was a gift for me to not carry that weight on my shoulders anymore. And also a gift for my dad, to be able to emerge from his hell to go on and finally give to others what he couldn't give to us, let alone himself. He was able to forgive himself and learn to love.

Hope this day finds you and your' s happy and healthy!
roxiedog13 wrote:Thanks for helping me remember that one, it was in fact one of the best stories I can remember from my younger life.
See what I mean resilience!

Love,
Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Where did the 13 come from? In your quote name I mean!

roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Seeker13 wrote:Where did the 13 come from? In your quote name I mean!
I grew up on 13, now reside on 13. 13 has followed me forever, I have adopted it as MY number but certainly cannot say lucky number. 1111 started showing up in the aftermath of my sons passing, it's like I had a kind of awakening of mind.
For a long period of time after my son's passing I wrestled with life, how to cope and wasn't sure I would be able to move forward. Like many in my position I turned to alcohol to self anesthetize but that didn't work out, being lost in a stoup er
was not going to work long term. Even my wife a virtual non drinker was drinking wine in the evenings to sleep. Both of us figured it out eventually, and so we should have, with two more beautiful children to take care of going in a hole
was not going to benefit anyone. Without going into details we had many more trials over and above this as well, so the fact we managed to crawl out of this quagmire and move forward without splitting up was and still is incredible. During this
period of upheaval 1111 became so intense I thought I was actually loosing my mind. I kept every thing to myself and it wasn't until my daughter revealed that she too was having the same experience that I realized it was , normal , to us at least.
To be honest I was always, more in tune with events than others, from the age of 12 I believe. I can recall many instances where I knew in advance when events, mostly bad, were going to happen. I could almost say clairvoyant but I'm not sure that is exactly right. I certainly kept this always to myself as I do my 1111 experience in life.

Now to my dad . You know what, our experiences are the same in some ways, however I don't have some of the negative memories. Yea, my dad did drink but for the most part was sober most of my living life. He did smoke and had a temper from time to time but most of the time he was likely overloaded, tired and we were driving him nuts. My dads fuse was short but, so was his recovery time. If he did give me a "lickin" most of the time I deserved it and if I cried so did he. In fact the punishment was never over without a hug and love to follow. It was tough love but love was there and he showed it. He loved to laugh, loved to be part of his family but rarely had the time. He adored my mother, cooked cleaned and did much more than most dads did during the day. Once in a while he'd catch me with the hose coming home from school or cream pie me coming out of the bathroom ( with a real freakin pie mind you) and then fall on the floor laughing. When we were punished we were always out of line and the punishment justified. So to be honest it wasn't all bad, many great stories well engrained in my memories are a joy to recall even though, like the one I just told start out with a negative vibe. Last words to spoke to me before the wedding and just before he passed away was " I love you."
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello you two,
I've been sitting here the longest time, just thinking about your all's posts. I am almost loath to break in to the space you all have created so special is the language between you. I sense a connection of heart that span the geographic miles. And it is so good peaceful and healing. I find myself without meaning to, looking back myself, more willing then I have in years to examine my own past... as it relates to who I am now, understanding of others involved, ways of being etc. so maybe you guys are rubbing off on me.

I am so sorry you guys faced such hurts! Roxie in the sudden death of his father on a day that should have been known only for the joy it brings...and then the death of your very special young man... That in itself would have brought a giant to his knees. And you , Kim, the death of an abusive father at the tender age of 16, leaving deep scars.
But listening to you relate the healing of the past few years brings hope to me that relationships can always be mended even when one has passed through the veil. Thank you for that.

I suspect that both your fathers look at you guys from their special place "up there" with so much pride as you both are two "terrifically special" human beings.
(((((((BIG HUGS)))))))
and lots of love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Roxie,
It might sound strange, I never noticed the 13 in your avvie before my last post. Goes to show there's always more in front of you if you look a little closer. Thirteen is my number also. I was born on the 13th so no getting away from it! Growing up people were superstitious about 13, secretly I knew there was nothing to fear, I always had the most special days when my birthday fell on that fearful Friday.

I'm glad the self-medicating didn't work out. It doesn't make the pain go away, only prolongs it and causes us to make unhealthy decisions, that more likely than not we regret later. And no matter who we are, we've all chosen some poison to punish ourselves with! We're human and humans make mistakes so we have something to learn from!
roxiedog13 wrote:so the fact we managed to crawl out of this quagmire and move forward without splitting up was and still is incredible.
It is incredible! What a great example you are setting for you kids! It's so easy to blame our partners or take it out on them, when their suffering is equal to our own. Roxie you and your wife should be so proud of yourselves, not that you lost your son, but that you were able to survive his loss and not end up hurting each other permanently in the process. Some times Dave and I stare at each other wide-eyed, panting with relief that we made it though another catastrophe and remained strong with each other. Not always an easy thing to do since he acts and looks so much like his dad and I look and act so much like my mom! For both of us our biggest fear!

I'm overjoyed your dad wasn't as hurtful as mine and that he was able to express his love for you... That's all any kids wants you know, to be loved by their parents.
roxiedog13 wrote:Once in a while he'd catch me with the hose coming home from school or cream pie me coming out of the bathroom ( with a real freakin pie mind you) and then fall on the floor laughing.
Now that sounds like my family! Dave, me and our kids I mean. Every Easter we all get a squirt gun in our baskets...yes we're all over 21! Don't forget gummies. Dan is the only one who can have gummy bears and the rest of us can have all the other kinds.

And... the sprayer attached to the kitchen faucet is the most convenient retaliation tool EVER INVENTED!!! Our son Dan is tall and lanky he could squirt me running backwards and vault the back of the couch in one smooth motion. I have very quick reflexes and would say 50% of the time I got his back wet...instead of the couch's. A mom is like an elephant, never forgets..."Muhwah! He got it when he least expected it!" And if my squirt gun is out of ammunition, the hose is always a great back up. Yes, sometimes even inside the house...it's worth it. As a gardener I have a super duper extra long one.

Speaking of pie! For Kenny's 12th birthday all he wanted was to put a pie in Dave's face. It's all he wanted and Dave is a good sport. Kenny said, "Alright on the count of three okay?' Dave agreed. "One, two! Splat!!!" It was only whip cream though, saved the lemon meringue for dinner. I'm hopeful that our kids have so many fun and special memories they can't even decide on the best one!
roxiedog13 wrote:To be honest I was always, more in tune with events than others, from the age of 12 I believe. I can recall many instances where I knew in advance when events, mostly bad, were going to happen. I could almost say clairvoyant but I'm not sure that is exactly right. I certainly kept this always to myself as I do my 1111 experience in life.
I've kept my gifts, to myself for many years and then only revealing them to a few trusted friends and family. Lately I've made a commitment to myself to step into my power, along with that is honoring my gifts... what ever that means. Mostly it feels like learning as much as I can and sharing my experiences, it seems possessing spiritual gifts is running rampant in our family! Someone has to be the one to tell the next and future generation they're not evil, or crazy!...Maybe just a part of our next evolution.

Sandy,
I just love you :loves As you know I've had experiences with my dad in spirit. He hasn't said it but I think he's proud of me... He's knows I share our story with others to maybe help prevent the same things from happening in their families. He's always ready to lend a hand when I call on him to help someone who might be in the same circumstances he found himself in.

Love to all,
Kim

roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote:Hello you two,
I've been sitting here the longest time, just thinking about your all's posts. I am almost loath to break in to the space you all have created so special is the language between you. I sense a connection of heart that span the geographic miles. And it is so good peaceful and healing. I find myself without meaning to, looking back myself, more willing then I have in years to examine my own past... as it relates to who I am now, understanding of others involved, ways of being etc. so maybe you guys are rubbing off on me.

I am so sorry you guys faced such hurts! Roxie in the sudden death of his father on a day that should have been known only for the joy it brings...and then the death of your very special young man... That in itself would have brought a giant to his knees. And you , Kim, the death of an abusive father at the tender age of 16, leaving deep scars.
But listening to you relate the healing of the past few years brings hope to me that relationships can always be mended even when one has passed through the veil. Thank you for that.

I suspect that both your fathers look at you guys from their special place "up there" with so much pride as you both are two "terrifically special" human beings.
(((((((BIG HUGS)))))))
and lots of love,
Sandy
One overwhelming thing that I have determined during my experience with 1111 is the connections. When ever I feel a connection with someone, 1111 always seems to factor in. I haven't figured it all out, probably never will but I do enjoy the
sense of belonging whatever that is. Makes me feel like I'm part of something special and that I'm not actually nuts, even if I am. :roll :roll :lol:
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Seeker13 wrote:Dear Roxie,
It might sound strange, I never noticed the 13 in your avvie before my last post. Goes to show there's always more in front of you if you look a little closer. Thirteen is my number also. I was born on the 13th so no getting away from it! Growing up people were superstitious about 13, secretly I knew there was nothing to fear, I always had the most special days when my birthday fell on that fearful Friday.

I'm glad the self-medicating didn't work out. It doesn't make the pain go away, only prolongs it and causes us to make unhealthy decisions, that more likely than not we regret later. And no matter who we are, we've all chosen some poison to punish ourselves with! We're human and humans make mistakes so we have something to learn from!
roxiedog13 wrote:so the fact we managed to crawl out of this quagmire and move forward without splitting up was and still is incredible.
It is incredible! What a great example you are setting for you kids! It's so easy to blame our partners or take it out on them, when their suffering is equal to our own. Roxie you and your wife should be so proud of yourselves, not that you lost your son, but that you were able to survive his loss and not end up hurting each other permanently in the process. Some times Dave and I stare at each other wide-eyed, panting with relief that we made it though another catastrophe and remained strong with each other. Not always an easy thing to do since he acts and looks so much like his dad and I look and act so much like my mom! For both of us our biggest fear!

I'm overjoyed your dad wasn't as hurtful as mine and that he was able to express his love for you... That's all any kids wants you know, to be loved by their parents.
roxiedog13 wrote:Once in a while he'd catch me with the hose coming home from school or cream pie me coming out of the bathroom ( with a real freakin pie mind you) and then fall on the floor laughing.
Now that sounds like my family! Dave, me and our kids I mean. Every Easter we all get a squirt gun in our baskets...yes we're all over 21! Don't forget gummies. Dan is the only one who can have gummy bears and the rest of us can have all the other kinds.

And... the sprayer attached to the kitchen faucet is the most convenient retaliation tool EVER INVENTED!!! Our son Dan is tall and lanky he could squirt me running backwards and vault the back of the couch in one smooth motion. I have very quick reflexes and would say 50% of the time I got his back wet...instead of the couch's. A mom is like an elephant, never forgets..."Muhwah! He got it when he least expected it!" And if my squirt gun is out of ammunition, the hose is always a great back up. Yes, sometimes even inside the house...it's worth it. As a gardener I have a super duper extra long one.

Speaking of pie! For Kenny's 12th birthday all he wanted was to put a pie in Dave's face. It's all he wanted and Dave is a good sport. Kenny said, "Alright on the count of three okay?' Dave agreed. "One, two! Splat!!!" It was only whip cream though, saved the lemon meringue for dinner. I'm hopeful that our kids have so many fun and special memories they can't even decide on the best one!
roxiedog13 wrote:To be honest I was always, more in tune with events than others, from the age of 12 I believe. I can recall many instances where I knew in advance when events, mostly bad, were going to happen. I could almost say clairvoyant but I'm not sure that is exactly right. I certainly kept this always to myself as I do my 1111 experience in life.
I've kept my gifts, to myself for many years and then only revealing them to a few trusted friends and family. Lately I've made a commitment to myself to step into my power, along with that is honoring my gifts... what ever that means. Mostly it feels like learning as much as I can and sharing my experiences, it seems possessing spiritual gifts is running rampant in our family! Someone has to be the one to tell the next and future generation they're not evil, or crazy!...Maybe just a part of our next evolution.

Sandy,
I just love you :loves As you know I've had experiences with my dad in spirit. He hasn't said it but I think he's proud of me... He's knows I share our story with others to maybe help prevent the same things from happening in their families. He's always ready to lend a hand when I call on him to help someone who might be in the same circumstances he found himself in.

Love to all,
Kim
As I said to Sandy in the previous post, I connect with those that have the common denominator, 1111 in most cases and now 13 it seems. I have spent so much time trying to find out why 1111 and 13 have been so overwhelmingly significant in my life but I have kind of given up. I just roll with it, keep it on the QT for the most part and identify with those that understand. My skiing buddy yesterday exclaimed " we skied 11K and then another 11K, isn't that weird?" No,I said, that is just about right and by the way, does that mean anything to you? His answer was, yea 22K and I'm done, enough said. :lol: