Checking in on 1111

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
roxiedog13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Checking in on 1111

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote:
either way I have more fun than the kids
You are such a special man, Roxie! Every neighbourhood needs at least one of you!
(((((((hugs)))))))
Sandy
Thanks Sandy, you are always so free with the niceties . You know what, every forum needs at least one of you, wait a second, they do :cheers:

Yea, being the resident crazy Halloween guy is not so bad . Beats being the other type of crazy guy on the neighborhood watch list. :finger: :lol:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Yea, being the resident crazy Halloween guy is not so bad . Beats being the other type of crazy guy on the neighborhood watch list. :finger: :lol:
I had to laugh as I am slowly becoming the resident "crazy bird lady" over here. :oops: I guess it could be worse... as you pointed out. ;)
:loves
Sandy

Hey are you inundated with snow up there?
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote:
I had to laugh as I am slowly becoming the resident "crazy bird lady" over here. :oops: I guess it could be worse... as you pointed out. ;)
:loves
Sandy

Hey are you inundated with snow up there?
Funny how we live on a sphere floating in a three dimensional universe, yet I'm up on the planet, and you are down under . When people refer to the God they gaze up, the devil they look down.
Then again when they think crazy they always look at me, I guess these must be universal constants :lol: :lol:

Actually, as snow goes, this has been a great year for us thus far. I used my snowblower for the second time today, tonight I go to the lake to clear off 1.5 kilometers of road with my tractor . Last year
this time we were overwhelmed, it was more like it had been when I grew up. This year is mild i comparison, would rather have your weather though, I really am a summer person. I make the best of the
snow but , sometimes it makes me :roll :roll :roll :duh :duh :duh :grrr :cry: :cry:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Roxie,
Actually, as snow goes, this has been a great year for us thus far. I used my snowblower for the second time today, tonight I go to the lake to clear off 1.5 kilometers of road with my tractor . Last year
this time we were overwhelmed, it was more like it had been when I grew up. This year is mild i comparison, would rather have your weather though, I really am a summer person. I make the best of the
snow but , sometimes it makes me :roll :roll :roll :duh :duh :duh :grrr :cry: :cry:
I'd swap with you if I could. I am more of a winter person. But to be honest I am an equal opportunity complainer when it comes to being cold or being hot. ;) Well, I am glad to hear that this winter is giving you guys a break. (so far anyway) :mrgreen:

xxSandy Image
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi, All!
I love how almost any thread can invariably turn into a conversation where we are just chatting... often times about the weather. I for one am grateful for the milder winter this year! Last year we didn't really thaw out until mid-June! We've had enough snow this season for me to learn a new skill. I learned to plow! All my driving career I've carefully avoided snow banks and keeping my vehicle well clear of them and now I'm suppose to ram into them straight on! Holy! Canoli! What will it be next?

Hope everyone in the northern hemisphere is staying warm.
Love to all,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I'm glad this year is turning out to be a bit milder for all of you up there, Kim. Last year was a toughie I know. We have had a milder summer too then what we were expecting down here. Not nearly as hot day in and day out.
I am just picturing you and "Mighty Blue" ploughing through the snow banks. :lol: Love it!
hugs,
Sandy
"Mighty blue sounds like a good character for a children's book. My grandson loves "The Little Blue Truck" series.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie,
It seems you definitely have the thrill seeking gene! Wish I had more of that.

Sandy,
My chant when going out in messy weather is, "Mighty Blue will get me through!" Going to have to come up with another one I suppose. Aleah will be back in the spring and claim my little motorized friend. Ken is still driving our old van that looks like it should have been retired years ago, but it keeps going! It's funny everyone in our family knows cars, especially Aleah! Go figure. Dave has had the same truck for ten years and I still don't know what kind it is... It's a brown truck..., or maybe gray? Well, you can ask me about flowers!

Love,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Well, you can ask me about flowers!
:lol: That's me too...I observe birds, trees and shrubs etc...as we drive along but road signs, forget it!... and heaven forbid I should ever have to relate to the police a description of a get away vehicle! :shock:
Love,
Sandy
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Seeker13 wrote:Roxie,
It seems you definitely have the thrill seeking gene! Wish I had more of that.

Sandy,
My chant when going out in messy weather is, "Mighty Blue will get me through!" Going to have to come up with another one I suppose. Aleah will be back in the spring and claim my little motorized friend. Ken is still driving our old van that looks like it should have been retired years ago, but it keeps going! It's funny everyone in our family knows cars, especially Aleah! Go figure. Dave has had the same truck for ten years and I still don't know what kind it is... It's a brown truck..., or maybe gray? Well, you can ask me about flowers!

Love,
Kim
ME a Thrill seeker..............................never! :lol:

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie!
Just looking at that shot triggers my fear of heights! My gut cringes saying, "That's just wrong!" Reminds me of my son Dan, whose been a climber and a mover his whole life. Growing up they kept his file right up at the front desk of the emergency room. While I am trying to overcome my fears, it would probably take six or seven life times for me to be able to stand that far out! Let alone doing a hand stand! Yeesch!

Maybe it has something to do with which things we are tolerant of. Not many people I know my age would voluntarily take on a full room of three-year-olds! Me, I'd grab my books, a cardboard box and a bucket of mud and run in with a smile on my face!

Sandy,
And speaking of the police! Just how am I suppose to remember what I was doing on January 2nd at 2:00 PM? Do people really do that, or is it only in the movies?... Well, I'd probably should stop playing around and get some work done.

Love,
Kim

roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Seeker13 wrote:Roxie!
Just looking at that shot triggers my fear of heights! My gut cringes saying, "That's just wrong!" Reminds me of my son Dan, whose been a climber and a mover his whole life. Growing up they kept his file right up at the front desk of the emergency room. While I am trying to overcome my fears, it would probably take six or seven life times for me to be able to stand that far out! Let alone doing a hand stand! Yeesch!

Maybe it has something to do with which things we are tolerant of. Not many people I know my age would voluntarily take on a full room of three-year-olds! Me, I'd grab my books, a cardboard box and a bucket of mud and run in with a smile on my face!

Sandy,
And speaking of the police! Just how am I suppose to remember what I was doing on January 2nd at 2:00 PM? Do people really do that, or is it only in the movies?... Well, I'd probably should stop playing around and get some work done.

Love,
Kim
Funny enough I too have a fear of heights ,though I've managed to jump off many mountains handgliding . :roll As long as I measure the distance to the edge of a cliff or have something secure to hold on too ( or jump off on :lol: ) I am
better. Still get that knot in my stomach at the edge of anything high, even when I fly my own plane near mountains.Isn't that weird ?
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie,
That's really weird! I would have thought you had no fear! Maybe it's your self-preservation kicking in reminding you to try and be a little careful. I've tried hard at overcoming mine, pretty sure I'll NEVER make it to the edge of a precipice. It's been a great source of entertainment for my family... Ha, ha. And my hand stand days are definitely behind me, attempted a cartwheel a couple of years ago, well let's just say, "I'm always giving my family a reason to laugh." I made it to the railing around the Grand Canyon this fall! I didn't throw up or anything! Although there may be more than a few compressed pieces of metal along the way.

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Roxie! I remember that photo! AWESOME! And it is great that you challenge that leftover fear of heights the way you do... sort of like staring it down. Kim, you did that too on one of your walks while in Sedona. I remember you telling me about it in a pm. Maybe we are better for it when we at least attempt to let go of the fear. Maybe I should picture myself doing a mental handstand at the edge of a precipice like you Roxie, a precipice of the mind in my case. ;) :)

I too tried to relive my youth a couple years ago and attempted to do a hand stand against the front door. Probably after viewing Roxie's photo first time around...Talk about ugly!!! :( My shoulder muscles wouldn't have it! I wish now I had never stopped moving because I know now with age it is much harder to regain strength and flexibility without damaging something. :shock: For sure great care and gentleness should be applied when attempting any strengthening exercise. But now I am reminding myself that I should not use that as an excuse not to do some type of healthful exercise. Robert had me walking a year or so ago and it felt good...
So after this conversation I think I will get back to it...My morning walks were a good time to talk with the creator and my celestial kin... at least I didn't have Stuart Bunny nipping at my heels as I try to ground myself. :lol: (Long story ;) :roll: )

I'm with you Kim, not at all afraid of a roomful of 3 and 4 year olds... :bana: Bring em on!!! :sunflower:

Have a good evening or a great day you guys!
xxSandy
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote:Roxie! I remember that photo! AWESOME! And it is great that you challenge that leftover fear of heights the way you do... sort of like staring it down. Kim, you did that too on one of your walks while in Sedona. I remember you telling me about it in a pm. Maybe we are better for it when we at least attempt to let go of the fear. Maybe I should picture myself doing a mental handstand at the edge of a precipice like you Roxie, a precipice of the mind in my case. ;) :)

I too tried to relive my youth a couple years ago and attempted to do a hand stand against the front door. Probably after viewing Roxie's photo first time around...Talk about ugly!!! :( My shoulder muscles wouldn't have it! I wish now I had never stopped moving because I know now with age it is much harder to regain strength and flexibility without damaging something. :shock: For sure great care and gentleness should be applied when attempting any strengthening exercise. But now I am reminding myself that I should not use that as an excuse not to do some type of healthful exercise. Robert had me walking a year or so ago and it felt good...
So after this conversation I think I will get back to it...My morning walks were a good time to talk with the creator and my celestial kin... at least I didn't have Stuart Bunny nipping at my heels as I try to ground myself. :lol: (Long story ;) :roll: )

I'm with you Kim, not at all afraid of a roomful of 3 and 4 year olds... :bana: Bring em on!!! :sunflower:

Have a good evening or a great day you guys!
xxSandy
Challenge fear, that will be the message I take from this today. May not be alive to tell you how it worked out but challenge I will . :stars:

Sandy, sorry for the sore shoulders, but I have a mental image of that event that I cannot let go, I'm having a much belated chuckle at your expense . I do believe you may have over extended yourself ( excuse the pun), a little over the top maybe
( again excuse the pun) but I congratulate you on the tenacity .

I agree, as we get older we need to challenge ourselves, mentally and physically. I'm actually way ahead of the curve physically, I probably work out more than I should, actually I do too much but that is who I am. My weakness is stretching, I need to address that and get back to the Yoga class at least once a week.

My time on the mountains, skiing back country, fishing on a remote river or flying in the clouds is where I find my peace . I always enjoy my time with ME. ME= Mother Earth . :bana:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

A couple of weeks ago as friend invited me to my first Candle Mas. The power went out so I had one of my own. Marie Elana said it was about setting goals and intentions for the coming year. Over the years I've been whittling away at my fears and short comings. Your're right Sandy I did face down some height fears on vacation. I decided it was time to stop making excuses about my roundness. I started doing my Shi Gong(sorry have no clue about the spelling), daily yoga and if I watch television I have to ride my exercise bike. I don't get a lot of time for extra curriculars. In a Michigan winter it's not difficult to find a source of activity. I get a pretty good work out shoveling snow and hauling wood. Oh, looky there I get to shovel again! In the warmer seasons my job is very physically demanding, I call it 'Fat Farm'. For me the difficulty is finding the balance of mind, body and spirit. Roxie I find my peace just being outside with nature and living on the water.

Sandy! I haven't seen Clementine in over a week! :shock: I need my grand kid fix! :baby Oh yeah, I'm baby sitting tomorrow. :love

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Roxie,
:) Glad I could make you smile. You know I used to be the headstand Queen. maybe I should start with that...But if I can damage my shoulder with one mere attempt can you imagine what I could do for my neck! :shock:

"Challenge Fear!" I hear you... at least I will challenge my unreasonable fears. LOL Sort of a cop out but I am not ready for jumping off of cliffs mountains or even standing too close to the edge of a look out. My view from the back will serve me well. LOL

Loved this...
ME = Mother Earth
. I understand and feel something similar. I feel rejuvenated when I am attuned to nature and Mother Earth.

Kimmie, I had a chuckle myself picturing us living next door to each other...Oh my goodness that would be grand! And probably you are right some of our work would go right out the window...of course on the up side we would have each other to share some of the work. :mrgreen:

Between you and Roxie, I am getting the urge to drag out my "Avon Yoga cards" again. :mrgreen: Okay they may not be perfect but they are better then nothing, right?

You are going to think I am crazy, but I used to love shovelling snow! It does make for a lovely work out! (As long as you do it properly and scoot the snow when you can and lift with the ole legs.) I used to finish our drive and then head over to the neighbours for a sidewalk clearing. :bana: Then I'd hit the mail box areas. Life is good! :bana: I enjoyed it the most when the snow was still falling...There's just something precious about being outside during a snowfall. It's like being part of a snow globe. :D Yep, as Petra would say, "I am a "nutter"! :mrgreen:

You snow bunnies have a good week!
xxSandy
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote:Hey Roxie,
:) Glad I could make you smile. You know I used to be the headstand Queen. maybe I should start with that...But if I can damage my shoulder with one mere attempt can you imagine what I could do for my neck! :shock:

"Challenge Fear!" I hear you... at least I will challenge my unreasonable fears. LOL Sort of a cop out but I am not ready for jumping off of cliffs mountains or even standing too close to the edge of a look out. My view from the back will serve me well. LOL

Loved this...
ME = Mother Earth
. I understand and feel something similar. I feel rejuvenated when I am attuned to nature and Mother Earth.

Kimmie, I had a chuckle myself picturing us living next door to each other...Oh my goodness that would be grand! And probably you are right some of our work would go right out the window...of course on the up side we would have each other to share some of the work. :mrgreen:

Between you and Roxie, I am getting the urge to drag out my "Avon Yoga cards" again. :mrgreen: Okay they may not be perfect but they are better then nothing, right?

You are going to think I am crazy, but I used to love shovelling snow! It does make for a lovely work out! (As long as you do it properly and scoot the snow when you can and lift with the ole legs.) I used to finish our drive and then head over to the neighbours for a sidewalk clearing. :bana: Then I'd hit the mail box areas. Life is good! :bana: I enjoyed it the most when the snow was still falling...There's just something precious about being outside during a snowfall. It's like being part of a snow globe. :D Yep, as Petra would say, "I am a "nutter"! :mrgreen:

You snow bunnies have a good week!
xxSandy
ME time last spring:

ME time yesterday:

Now, if you like shoveling, you would have a blast here today . I had to crawl out my back window because I could not get my doors open. Bring your shovel and your friends, we can have a snow bunny party. I'm going to BBQ snowballs later. :lol:
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

ME time from last summer, flying along the coast over one of my favorite hiking trails.

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie,
Thank you for sharing your photos! Very beautiful. Those are the times that balance us aren't they. When we go on vacation it's always to get back to nature. Also probably when I challenge my fears the most. There are several of me grimacing at The Grand Canyon last fall! Um.. as for the snow photo, don't think I like to shovel that much!

Sandy,
I so much prefer shoveling to the snow blower. Happy to hear there are others out there who feel the same...was a little worried it was an OCD thing! LOL! As far as being neighbors, I can't wait for the day they build a real transporter, you know from Star Trek? So we could see our friends whenever we want and get back in time for dinner. Aww! I miss Petra! She's the Nutter! :roll

Some day I'll remember how to send photos. It's -6 here this morning. The bay looks like it will freeze over again this year. Hey! There's so pics you could Google! Lake Michigan froze last year and made amazing ice caves, just a few miles from here. Thousands of people came to see them. They had to close them down after a couple of days, so much traffic weakened the ice and of course there's always a few people who have no sense of self-preservation...Hmm, who does that remind me of?

Love,
Kim

roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Thank you for sharing your photos! Very beautiful. Those are the times that balance us aren't they. When we go on vacation it's always to get back to nature. Also probably when I challenge my fears the most. There are several of me grimacing at The Grand Canyon last fall! Um.. as for the snow photo, don't think I like to shovel that much!

Sandy,
I so much prefer shoveling to the snow blower. Happy to hear there are others out there who feel the same...was a little worried it was an OCD thing! LOL! As far as being neighbors, I can't wait for the day they build a real transporter, you know from Star Trek? So we could see our friends whenever we want and get back in time for dinner. Aww! I miss Petra! She's the Nutter! :roll

Some day I'll remember how to send photos. It's -6 here this morning. The bay looks like it will freeze over again this year. Hey! There's so pics you could Google! Lake Michigan froze last year and made amazing ice caves, just a few miles from here. Thousands of people came to see them. They had to close them down after a couple of days, so much traffic weakened the ice and of course there's always a few people who have no sense of self-preservation...Hmm, who does that remind me of?

Love,
Kim
This is not vacation for me, this is where I live. I actually do not get a lot of "vacation" time so I am lucky to be close to the places I can access quickly. Having a population density of .2 people / square kilometer does make for plenty of space
I wouldn't have it any other way. :bana:

I remember seeing some news clips about the ice caves on Lake Michigan last year. Last winter was the type of long ago , it started early and was relentless until late spring . We are North and East of your area so what you got. we got and some.

What happened to Petra? I remember she was a regular, on here all the time .
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Roxie,
The photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them! I know I've told you this before but you live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth! I am pleased that you get to enjoy it for the rest of us. :D And look at all that snow!!!! Glorious!!! ( I can say that as I have been snow starved for years now. LOL)
But I do see your point, it is possible that the snow might loose its appeal having to climb out the back window just to leave the house. :shock:

You asked about Petra. She's still around but we don't get to see her often anymore. She has 3 teenagers and one computer along with faulty WIFI. Yep, I miss her too. Maybe all us thinking about her will bring her back for a visit. ;) :finger:
There's so pics you could Google! Lake Michigan froze last year and made amazing ice caves, just a few miles from here. Thousands of people came to see them. They had to close them down after a couple of days, so much traffic weakened the ice and of course there's always a few people who have no sense of self-preservation...Hmm, who does that remind me of?
I must check out those ice caves, Kim. :lol: And Yep it does remind me of someone we both know... the hand standing, fisherman, "snow bunny," hiking pilot!
Well until the star trek thingy is built we will just have to learn to astral travel perhaps. LOL (I just can't seem to get my astral backside air born yet! "
Hugs to both of you who really started my morning out right!
xxSandy
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Sandy wrote:Hey Roxie,
The photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them! I know I've told you this before but you live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth! I am pleased that you get to enjoy it for the rest of us. :D And look at all that snow!!!! Glorious!!! ( I can say that as I have been snow starved for years now. LOL)
But I do see your point, it is possible that the snow might loose its appeal having to climb out the back window just to leave the house. :shock:

You asked about Petra. She's still around but we don't get to see her often anymore. She has 3 teenagers and one computer along with faulty WIFI. Yep, I miss her too. Maybe all us thinking about her will bring her back for a visit. ;) :finger:
There's so pics you could Google! Lake Michigan froze last year and made amazing ice caves, just a few miles from here. Thousands of people came to see them. They had to close them down after a couple of days, so much traffic weakened the ice and of course there's always a few people who have no sense of self-preservation...Hmm, who does that remind me of?
I must check out those ice caves, Kim. :lol: And Yep it does remind me of someone we both know... the hand standing, fisherman, "snow bunny," hiking pilot!
Well until the star trek thingy is built we will just have to learn to astral travel perhaps. LOL (I just can't seem to get my astral backside air born yet! "
Hugs to both of you who really started my morning out right!
xxSandy
Going to have to add ski-dooing , kite boarding and snow shoeing to the mix, did all that too this past weekend. I'll talk about the unicycle later, suffice it to say the ski-doo is a little less work in the snow . :lol: :mrgreen: :bana:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Roxie,
You crack me up! :D :cyclopsani: With your exploits and humor!

Reminds me of the time my Mom and Dad took out the Skidoo with friends. The throttle would stick every once in awhile. Looked out the window just in time to see my Mom bail out at the end of our driveway. The snow machine went sailing off into the swamp unmanned. Mom stomped into the house grumbling and cussing out that machine! We asked where Dad was, "That SOB fell off a two miles ago!" We asked her why she stayed on it for so long, "Well now, just how was I going to get home!" My brothers and I found the machine way down in the woods lodged up against a tree smoke streaming out of it, the track racing. My older brothers were taking bets on who got to drive it home. Needless to say my mom never got on it again!

Love,
Kim

roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

You crack me up! :D :cyclopsani: With your exploits and humor!

Reminds me of the time my Mom and Dad took out the Skidoo with friends. The throttle would stick every once in awhile. Looked out the window just in time to see my Mom bail out at the end of our driveway. The snow machine went sailing off into the swamp unmanned. Mom stomped into the house grumbling and cussing out that machine! We asked where Dad was, "That SOB fell off a two miles ago!" We asked her why she stayed on it for so long, "Well now, just how was I going to get home!" My brothers and I found the machine way down in the woods lodged up against a tree smoke streaming out of it, the track racing. My older brothers were taking bets on who got to drive it home. Needless to say my mom never got on it again!

Love,
Kim
Great story, I have a complete mental picture of the entire fiasco, sounds like a page from my life. I actually convinced my wife to drive her own ski-doo yesterday, we actually managed to log about 60 kilometers. She did mess up once and let the machine get going down an embankment . She didn't bail but the machine ended up in the trees and it took me better part of an hour to get it back on the trail. Just a few minutes ago I actually told her that if ever the machine is going somewhere other that she desires that indeed she should bail out. Funny coincidence . :lol:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I am smiling at these snowdoo stories. I must admit, I've never been on one and after today doubt that it will ever happen! :shock: Nope, my feet will stay safely knee deep in snow as I now have no desire to venture onto that 'slippery slope!" :lol: Awhhh I am trying not to be green with jealousy down here when I hear about all that beautiful white stuff. But maybe a nice warm day walking through the shallow waters at the beach will be the ticket to lift my spirits. :mrgreen: ;)
Love,
Sandy