Saved from an Action of Less-than-ideal Quality

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
Christoph
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

Saved from an Action of Less-than-ideal Quality

Post by Christoph »

"If at first you don't succeed, you may want to examine your other options."

Yesterday I was driving to a store to buy some equipment about which I was fairly excited to acquire.

As I approached the last stoplight before getting to the shop, I was watching the car's trip-odometer because it was about to read 111.1 miles. As I came to a full stop, at the light, the reading had stopped squarely on that number.

How coincidental, right?

Upon entering the store, I found that they were out of the items I'd wanted to purchase. While I didn't exactly return home empty-handed, it took me some time to realize that the things I was hoping most to buy were not really ideal for my purposes anyway; they simply seemed like the most economical option available.

I half-expect something more ideal to show up in my path, but at the same time I'm starting to think that maybe it's just a case of the most idea or appropriate choice being quite different from the one that is cheapest.

"Go big or go home."

Lately I have been observing: Sometimes abundance is reached not only by being frugal, but also by being willing to give to the correct parties who can and should benefit most from the help.

I'm thankful that surely I have been saved from some trouble, and that surely some bigger and better things are "in store."

-C
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Saved from an Action of Less-than-ideal Quality

Post by Sandy »

Hi Christoph,
Upon entering the store, I found that they were out of the items I'd wanted to purchase. While I didn't exactly return home empty-handed, it took me some time to realize that the things I was hoping most to buy were not really ideal for my purposes anyway; they simply seemed like the most economical option available.
Sometimes I have found myself bent out of shape in a similar type of situation but then after the fact realize it was far better the way things happened as what I envisaged didn't really "pass mustard." It is interesting to contemplate...Is this worked out "On High" and why then are there the times I fall flat on my face with seemingly no "divine hand" orchestrating the safety net beneath me. LOL
I half-expect something more ideal to show up in my path, but at the same time I'm starting to think that maybe it's just a case of the most idea or appropriate choice being quite different from the one that is cheapest.
:lol: Could be at that.
"Go big or go home."
:D That reminds me of a very dear elderly lady I once worked for who used to tell me, "Sandy, always buy the best product you can for the money." It had worked well for her for decades and as proof she was still walking on 40 year old carpet that looked brand new etc... I used to smile inwardly, though, as what I could afford was still well under the type quality she was used to. :) Gosh, I miss her! Marie is in the heavens now... I look forward to some day seeing her again. :sunflower:

Have a great week end Christoph and good luck with whatever it is you are working on.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Christoph
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

Re: Saved from an Action of Less-than-ideal Quality

Post by Christoph »

Hi Sandy

Yes I think there's definitely something to the whole "you get what you pay for" idea, though of course there are also many times when we can get the same thing for less.

There's no easy rules, I think. People who will pay more, as a rule, are often being more wasteful that way, and people who buy the cheapest thing with the same label are often missing the mark also in that it can end up being a complete waste of money when the cheap one fails or breaks.

What I was working on was basically a crafting hobby that I've been getting into a lot, this year, and like your garden it takes a long time for the final results to come to fruition.

In my case, I think that I was trying to compensate for the amount of time it takes by increasing volume etc., so that once everything was "rolling out" there would be a steady production. Also, it's such a fun activity for me (at least so far!) that I could imagine spending a Lot of time on it and being happy with that.

I'm guessing now that what I was being guided to was more along the lines of appreciating what I have already, getting the most out of it, exercising patience, preserving the quality of the experience for as long as possible without getting "burned out" on it, and observing the many other ways it can enrich life aside from the simple churning-out of the product.

If a bunch of excellent equipment shows up in my path at a low cost to me, however, then I guess I'll know it's OK to go ahead and do more of it! (: Until then I shall have to pay more attention to other things and let that hobby progress at its own pace.

Within the context of what you were saying about a "Divine Hand," or lack thereof, I bet we would be wise to just look at other things and try other things until we find what feels like a suitable or more-correct path, 'eh?

Thanks and enjoy your week also, I've been enjoying mine thus far! ^^

-C