been at this my whole life

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
dub1183
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

been at this my whole life

Post by dub1183 »

hello everyone, i hope you all are having a great day.
Let me start off by saying that i have been experiencing this "11" phenomenon my entire life.
I'll start off with some background of my experiences, which have seriously kicked into high-gear lately.

I was born on 11/11/1983 - 8+3=11
on the 11th hour
i weighed 7lb 11oz.

i first realized that 11 was a "lucky/special number for me in 3rd grade when i won a cake walk while sitting in a chair with the number 11 on it. that was the beginning of seeing it everywhere. it goes on and on and on. i see the number everyday. 1:11, 11:11 or just 11 on various clocks, when watching football, etc.

My son was born on 11/15
my daughter was born on 11/9
this year, at the age of 29 (2+9=11) my mother passed away suddenly on 11/08
this has been incredibly hard for me to deal with and since it happened there has been 11's everywhere.
i KNOW it means something. i feel it. but i have no idea what.
i have read a bit about it and a few of the various theories. i have not ran across someone who has so many event in their lives that revolve around the number though.

Im just looking for some insight.. something.
thank you all.
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: been at this my whole life

Post by overmind »

Hello dub1183, welcome to the board. There should be plenty of similar stories in the "11:11 phenomena" forum alone if you dig around. The FAQ's may help as well. Honestly, I don't know how the 11's pop up in major life events like that. I do know how people get number prompts through electronics and clocks, since the midwayers and angels are directly responsible for that. The day and hour you were born? You will have to ask God about that one. I don't have the resources to explain that (not right now anyway). However, there are others with very similar experiences, so you may want to find those threads -- most of which are introductions similar to yours.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Dub1183,
hello everyone, i hope you all are having a great day.
Thank you! We are having one of those beautiful days here, making it easy to breathe deeply and say, " Ahhhh this is a gift from God." Of course every day is but it is certainly easier some days then other to recognize that eh? :)

Welcome to our friendly board.

As you read posts from members of this board and information contained in the first forum and the stickies at the top of each forum you will more than likely feel better about the 11:11 number prompt that you have been experiencing. It is truly a very good thing, an introduction and a hello from beings who are similar to the Angels. They are very caring and loving celestials and a few of them work very closely with the members of this board family and the extended group known as the Progress Group.
Our work here is simple... to try to raise our own consciousness so that our lives become more focused, love filled and caring. In the process, and sort of as a by-product of our own enlightenment, we are better able to affect positive results in the folks around us and thus add our own small light to the brightening of this world.

Below are some URLs that may resonates with you or at least interests you in your search. And please do browse through the many posts of other members as Overmind suggested. You will find many people are experiencing something very similar.

11:11 Background and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
http://board.1111angels.com/viewforum.php?f=9

What it Really Means
http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?t=6573

11:11 More Questions About Number Sequences.
http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?t=2059

Nice to meet you, Dub! Please make yourself at home here. :hithere
XX Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
pointman19
Family

Post by pointman19 »

oh WOW!

i had a feeling there was going to be a person like you coming to the boards soon!

Welcome and dig around, youll find people that have had lots of expeirences on these boards that you might resonate with
www.historyrunamok.blogspot.com

www.elevensrunamok.blogspot.com

“A better world starts with the thoughts of each individual. Do have ‘better thoughts.’ --Teacher Monjoronson

It so simple...so easy..so life changing. --Sandra Barnard
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Hi Dub!

I am so sorry to hear you've just lost your mom. So sad . . .and so recent! How are you holding up? My heart really goes out to you, it must be such a hard time. We have a healing request section here on the board if you'd like to post a request for you and your other loved ones . . .we'd be glad to send some healing energies your way! :kiss: If you're interested I'll include you in my intentions from now on.

I can really relate to the long string of 11s that seem to chase you around. I've had that almost all my life too. I'm with overmind -- it's not easy to explain how something like that can happen, all you know is that it does! You and I almost share a birthday -- I was due 11/11 but was born 2 weeks late. ;) It's kind of cool having an 11/11 birthday, you always get the day off! (At least if you live in the States ;) )

One thing I've noticed about my own 11s is that it keeps me curious and questioning, and I'm always in a state of seeking. It adds a lot of layers of depth to my life. Maybe that's even more important than any specific explanation, you know? Just remaining engaged and looking at life as a beautiful cosmic mystery in some secret way. :roll Don't you think?

You said "I'm just looking for some insight," but insight comes from within. ;) You never know what you may find inside!

I'll be looking forward to hearing more of your stories!

Peace to you! With love, Michele :kiss: :sunflower:
dub1183
New Friend

Post by dub1183 »

thank you all for your responses and kind words regarding my mothers passing.
it is a hard one to deal with, for sure.

from my recent search for information i have run across the "Urantia book".
i have begun reading it, if not for more then curiosities sake. I consider myself a christian. I must say that this book has got my attention. I have always liked deep discussion. I enjoy reading things from apologists like ravi zacharias and c.s. lewis... this book though.. how interesting. Many things i have always known/believed in are expressed in the book, though they use different terms. I will continue to read and search for answers. If any of you are reading/have read the book i'd love to discuss it or find more information about it.

peace and love to you all.
have a blessed day.
overmind

Post by overmind »

Yes, a lot of us have read it. I finished it last summer, and frequently use it as a reference book. I was raised as a Christian myself, and personally love C.S. Lewis as well (especially the Screwtape Letters). There are a lot of questions I can answer.
dub1183
New Friend

Post by dub1183 »

well thank you.
Im going to continue with my reading and i may be asking you a few questions from time to time then.

the one thing that im wondering, is how does this 11 relate to the book? or are we in the dark here... ?
i read some things about people not seeing the number for some time after changing something in their lives, as if thats what the "prompt" was for.. to move you a direction or get you to follow a desire or goal... since i have been looking at this book and reading information on it, i have not been seeing the number. i was seeing it 5 times or more a day for 2 weeks after my mom passed.

strange.

thanks.
have a blessed day everyone.
dub1183
New Friend

Post by dub1183 »

WOW.

check out the time i asked the question about how 11 relates to the book...

i feel like im in a movie or something. lol.
overmind

Post by overmind »

The midwayers (who are kind of like a mix between humans and angels) are usually the ones who get us to notice time prompts. They may plant the idea to look at a clock at a certain time in our subconscious, or they may directly mess with an electronic device so that a certain number appears. Another example would be calling your phone, ringing your doorbell and turning on an alarm at the same time. It's certainly within their ability. In general, the number prompts act as a wake up call, to get people to pursue a more spiritual life. This even happened to a friend of mine, who half-jokingly asked on facebook if he should become religious after seeing 11's non-stop for a week.

The origin and history of the midwayers on this planet is in the Urantia Book, which is mainly in Papers 38 and 77. Note that Paper 77 will probably create confusion because much of the context in that chapter will not be understood, as it deals with history mentioned in the chapters before it. But when I first came here, George asked me to read those parts as well, and it did at least alleviate my confusion regarding the general theme of this website. I did not actually come because I was being prompted through numbers, I was led here coincidentally through my early study of the Urantia Book while I was in college.
dub1183
New Friend

Post by dub1183 »

thank you.

i will be checking out those papers later tonight. :mrgreen:
pointman19
Family

Post by pointman19 »

Many things i have always known/believed in are expressed in the book, though they use different terms
This is the most exciting part! Its the start of a spiritual journey and it starts with a recognition of an "Inner knowing". Like, youve always known and felt it as well..but sometimes theres a catalyst or a trigger that helps you to remember, little by little and piece by piece. It will lead to more questions, a hunger for truth and all the while...the more you discover and the more you figure out, the more you'll discover that you have "known" it all along! :mrgreen: Its an incredible and fun journey of self-rediscovery, revelation and spiritual growth..just follow your guides and your heart. They pave the way, its up to you as a person of free will if youll follow the path they carve out for you or not.

Starting here is one of the best places you could be. Out of all the disinformation and confusing things in what to believe and what not to believe....look at what youve been guided to so far. Youve found these boards and youve found the Urantia. This community here is all about helping you as you to understand your potential to the greatest of their abilities, the people here, they are wonderful people and BEAUTIFUL souls! They help unconditionally and ask for nothing in return, and it is so.

“A better world starts with the thoughts of each individual. Do have ‘better thoughts.’ --Teacher Monjoronson

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

((((((((Jason))))))))
This is the most exciting part! Its the start of a spiritual journey and it starts with a recognition of an "Inner knowing".
Yes, that's it! :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:
This community here is all about helping you as you to understand your potential to the greatest of their abilities, the people here, they are wonderful people and BEAUTIFUL souls! They help unconditionally and ask for nothing in return, and it is so.
Well, not sure about the rest, but I am expecting undying friendship... ;) :)... just kidding... but truly, I do get very attached to people who come to this site. So sometimes it is difficult for me when and if spirit leads them on to new spiritual adventures and challenges.. But I celebrate you all in this moment and in all those eternal moments to come... :love
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
dub1183
New Friend

Post by dub1183 »

good morning everyone.

I just want to say that i have been having what seem like daily revelations about myself, God and our relationship to one another. The idea that there is a piece of god in all of us, this literal piece of the creator of all things, this piece of infinity is within each and everyone of us. Before i referred to it as "the law of man, law of nature, the moral code, morality, etc.." as described in Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and used to help you recognize the existence of something else within you. Something separate from you and yet apart of you, that so desperately wants us to do the right things. Lewis gives the example of how individuals make excuses for the things they do or the way that act because they "know" they ought to act better. A person will even make an excuse to themselves. in their own head. now why would this be? why would a person make excuses to themselves about the way they were acting towards say their children. you tell yourself things like "i had a hard day at work, boss has really been on my back" to make yourself feel better about the way in which you handled the situation. "I didnt mean to snap at the wife, but she should knows how hard i work", etc. but why? because whether we know it or not, we desperately want to do the will of god. we desperately want to do good, be good. When we are not we feel so guilty about it that we must make excuses for our actions to make ourselves feel better about ignoring what we know we should be doing. This is something i have understood for quite a while. However, since i have started reading the urantia book i have been just amazed by the idea that we each have a piece of GOD inside of us. It has inspired me. How can i feel so down, negative, not have confidence in my abilities to do things, etc... when i have GOD inside of me? how can i not try to live to the fullest of my potential when god is inside of me? and who knows how far that potential is when GOD is inside of me. apart of me, with me. it feels like a revelation, something i have always known and thought i had a pretty good understanding of. Until now.

:hithere
overmind

Post by overmind »

Something tells me you will especially enjoy these Papers then:

107. Origin and Nature of Thought Adjusters
108. Mission and Ministry of Thought Adjusters
109. Relation of Adjusters to Universe Creatures
110. Relation of Adjusters to Individual Mortals
111. The Adjuster and the Soul
112. Personality Survival
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good Morning Dub :hithere
You wrote:
However, since i have started reading the urantia book i have been just amazed by the idea that we each have a piece of GOD inside of us. It has inspired me. How can i feel so down, negative, not have confidence in my abilities to do things, etc... when i have GOD inside of me? how can i not try to live to the fullest of my potential when god is inside of me? and who knows how far that potential is when GOD is inside of me. apart of me, with me. it feels like a revelation, something i have always known and thought i had a pretty good understanding of. Until now.
I forget this sometimes. Thank you for such a beautiful reminder today. :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy

I love those Thought Adjuster papers, Arthur...I'm thinking it's time for me to read them again. :D
XXSandy
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Hello there Dub.

I can really relate to your experience of having that point of revelation, where you really become aware and excited about the spiritual being you are, and the presence of God inside you. I had a similar experience a few years ago and in fact it was so powerful it brought me to tears. It is one thing to just read articles, essays, and theories about the idea of what we contain within ourselves, spiritually. It is a very small thing to read and hear about things like the Higher Self and Thought Adjusters, and to ponder and contemplate it. That is just thinking. It is another thing entirely when you actually FEEL it, and 'experience' the revelation, the peace and joy beyond words, feeling God inside you. I would wish that feeling experience for anyone.

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
dub1183
New Friend

Post by dub1183 »

it is indeed.

daily stresses are constantly getting in the way of this positive way of being that im really wanting to work towards... of course we all have them. job, wife, kids, bills, etc... i need to commit to some type of daily meditation or something like that to help keep my mind in that space and not "forget" as i do periodically.

hope everyone is doing well today.
:)
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Dub,
You wrote:
hope everyone is doing well today.
:)
It's a beautiful day here...we are happy and healthy and wishing the same for you and your family. :D Thanks for the lovely vibes! :sunflower:

We have been rather busy here as all of us seem to be this time of year and I have slipped up doing daily meditation and prayer opting instead to do the overwhelming gardening and weeding chores, the holiday extras, and the regular stuff that makes up our typical days. It seems sometime there isn't enough hours to get it all done, adding another layer of stress. :? And so the point of all this complaining is... I can feel the difference immediately. Somehow, some way, when we begin the day by bringing our thoughts in line with the Divine, absorbing those life enhancing energies, even the unexpected stresses don't seem so potent anymore...

So it's back to basics for this ole lady!!! :lol:

Love to you and your dear family. :hithere
XXSandy
pointman19
Family

Post by pointman19 »

If i can help a little bit here dub, i can give you some tips on how you can stay positive when it seems the world is against you.

Close to a year ago, i was nearly in the same boat as you..ive even dealt with loss recently as my good friend Marv, my freind that was with me in my street lights phenomenon post, past away a couple days ago. That was a huge blow to me, as i did everything i could to help the guy out...and he was always happy. I mean, the guy was nearly paralyzed on the entire right half of his body, it slurred his speech and made him nearly unrecognizable when he tried to talk. It took me a litte over a year to establish what i called, MarvSpeak :P it wasnt much, but it helped to come to a basic understanding when he tried to talk to you. i know im going off topic here a little bit, but sometimes i kinda beat myself up a bit over his passing. i should have realized the day before he went, he speech was getting so hard to understand, and it took me nearly a half an hour of guess work to figure out he needed to go to a paritcular doctor in a particular city. i should have seen it coming and at times, it really does kill a small part of me when i think about it. After i took him to the doctor and got some bloodwork done, i dropped him off at home and said id play some chess when i got back home.

He never came over that night, the next day...he was gone. And that was just a few days ago...

I know with your recent passing in your life, maybe reading this kind of thing hurts a little...i dont intend to do that. i truly dont, but i can relate to the feeling, the loss. its devastating and when your on a spirtual track and your trying to employ a constant postive attitude, this comes as a huge blow.

But im back on track, and im back to trying to be happy...well not so much trying, im back to having a complete postive attiude again. See, when i think of Old Marvin, i think of the memories. I think of how he was disabled in pain, but throughout all that adverstity, the unjust stares he would get when we went into public places...he still had a smile on his face.

Thats something i can learn from! That man had it worse than anyone i ever knew but yet...he still smiled, he still laughed! Those are the memories i cherish! And no matter what little thing ever comes my way, i tend to think of that and remember that no matter what difficult or stressfull thing comes my way, i just try to smile it off.

I know this kind of thing is easier said than done...but bear with me. lets go past what ive just related...lets think of the universe. Think of all the chaos thats out there, all the craziness...galaxies colliding into one another, planets without a sun...Then you see our galaxy. And you see that out of all that chaos, you see the peace and order thats in ours. Sure, we get that occasional comet or that asteroid that comes close to earth and we get a little panicked at times. But other than that, look at how all the planets have their perfect orbits. Think of this planet...how its in the perfect spot, the perfect orbit and life runs abound...and then you smile a little. You think of all that choas thats in the grander scheme of things and then you look at that guy that just cut you off when you were driving.

No blinker, no cosideration for your safety...what an IDIOT you scream!

But then...think of all the bigger things out there. think of all the craziness thats in our world and the real hardships that are out there that other people of the human race has to endure. Then think of the guy that just cut you off...how trivial a thing to get upset about.

The one person at work...you know who im talking about ;) You can have all these great people you work with but then you always have that ONE person that has to try and destroy the harmony. God does it really frustrate you!!

But then...you think of WHY that person is being the way they are being. You see the way this person acts and you step back a bit and really look...then you take a good look at yoruself. Why does this person frurstrate me so?? You KNOW your a better person than that...you KNOW that you dont have to let that persons misery (im going by what im dealing with at work if you cant tell lol) affect you. Thats what they are TRYING to do! Misery LOVES company and maybe it makes that person feel better when he/she knows she can find that one nerve youve got left in your body and twang the ever loving hell out of it.

But why? Why let this person or people get the best of you. You know what really frustrates them back in kind? Its when you geuninely smile and show them that their attitudes have no sway over you. You employ that, you live by that and then..you notice they move on to pick on someone else. They try to sense who they think are weak and try to bring them down to their level. Your better than that...."I AM" better than that! Not only do you do better for yourself, but the next person they go after...you can now help them. You can take your expeirences and try to motivate them to do the same as you.

Like i said, i know this is easier said than done...but theres something ive noticed at work here. Something greater than us and it IS something we can control! Have you ever noticed that the more negativity that you allow in, the more it seems "attracted" to you? Like you see yourself saying...god...nothing ever goes right for me!! Try reversing that. Its tough at first, but practice practice practice. Dont let the little things get to you, it starts the small fire of negativity that slowly turns into a blazing inferno that will totally effect your emotions.

If you wake in the morning and the first thing you do is stub your toe...instead of thinking of how unlucky that was for that to happen and before you start screaming and cursing while hopping up and down...just take some DEEP DEEP breaths...slowly the pain subsides..think of something that makes you happy as you deal with that throbbing but now slowly ebbing away pain. Stay positive, reapeat it over and over...say "its ok, its ok, its ok, this is no big deal" if that kind of thing will help. Then go brush your teeth :mrgreen:

The more POSITIVE you let in, the more it seems attracted to you. Its a slow...or sometimes very fast..process. the more you let the joy and love in your soul be the reigning feeling inside of you, the more it attracts. People want to be around you, people want to question why your so happy...and maybe theyll ask you whats your secret.

Its easy...its the sheer power of positive thinking! Sure...some things may still get on your nerves, some things may still frustrate you...your human...it happens. But ultimately, stay positive. No matter how dark the situation might be or how little the stress may be...Keep trying to stay positive.

In the long run, or hell, in the short run...the feeling of inner peace will slowly come into your soul. The feeling that no matter what comes your way...that idiot who cuts you off or that person at work that tries to make you as mad as they are...they cant ultimately affect you. Dont worry about them, worry about yourself! Youll realize that when you focus on you, and only you, when it comes to finding that inner peace begins with just one positive thought. And instead of that campfire that builds into an inferno, its this little ray that builds instead. I know your thinking im a hippy now lol but hey, this is a start! That ray slowly builds inside you, turning into a joy that NO ONE can touch. NO ONE can bring you down to their level. And it all starts with that one thought...that thought that starts with what you really want out of your life, the reality that you make for yourself. Do you really want others and outside influences determine the level of your moods?

Or would you rather listen to yourself...and listen to what makes you happy. Start small, pace yourself...and youll soon realize...that happiness, that joy youve been searching for yourself....

It was inside of you, all along

Peace and love freind,

Jason

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dear Jason,
I'm so sorry to hear of Marv's passing. It is a shock isn't it...to loose our friends even when we know they are not in the best of health? We always hope for the best for them for those miracles. But something I have noticed from my friendship with Wingzie, someone who bore the hardships that the disease ALS brings, was that they often notice miracles that we don't. They see life in all its glory sometimes while we are lamenting the small stuff that mean nothing truly in the grand scheme of things. I believe that is what helped Marv to keep that impeccable grin on his face and for Wingzie to be so loving and affirming to others. In a funny way of looking at it, have you ever wondered if they are the ones who are blessed? I know that sounds crazy but the inner strength they have developed... wow!! They deserve all the accolades we and heaven can give as we look back over their lives and our association with them. Wingzie doesn't want my sorrow and regrets now and believe me there were plenty of those...I suspect Marv too wants you to be happy for him. His trials are over and he made through his life with great honor, with a smile that wouldn't fade regardless of what he faced. You must be pleased that you were gifted the opportunity to get to know him and to learn from him because they, in the way they live their life, with courage and acceptance are lessons we all can benefit from. Bless you for your kindness and caring... you were a good friend to Marv and it isn't over. No... he will greet you when it is your turn and the reunion will be as if you never parted... only this time the Marv that greets you will no longer sport the casualties of this mortal life. He will have a body that is whole and perfectly functioning. (Thank you God! :happy ) But that smile... no need to change something already so beautifully perfected, eh? :)

Love to you over there and to you too Dub....a "light worker" if I have ever seen one. :sunflower: You will find all you need as you continue to meditate...your energies will improve...your inner peace will grow and you will face what occurs around you with grace and a sort of acceptance... knowing that in this life we are just scratching the surface of the wonders that await us throughout eternity.
I pray you and your family are wrapped up in the best of the joys of the season this year...God bless you always!
with love,
Sandy