Sleep Paralysis

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
Sweetjaimelee
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Sleep Paralysis

Post by Sweetjaimelee »

Hi to everyone first... I have been greatly affected by the 11:11 time prompts for about 6 years now and it has changed my life dramatically and how I view things. I used to read about people having sleep paralysis at exactly 11:11 every night. I never knew what to think about that and always thought it was strange.

It happened to me two nights ago. First I felt someone pushing down on me, holding me down. I went to open my eyes-they would not open. Since I could not open my eyes to see who or what was holding me down I tried to scream... I could not scream. I went to kick my legs and could not do that either. I have never been so terrified but so intrigued and uplifted by something before in my life.

The next morning I was in the shower and happened to notice something red on my arm in my peripheral vision. I looked and I had two bright-red scratches on my arm, completely parallel-- an 11 on my arm. This intrigued me even more. As if the paralysis didn't confuse me enough, I had to add the scratched 11 on my arm...

Does anyone know more about sleep paralysis and how it relates to 11:11?

I am, like many of you, sure that all of this means something and is not just 'nothing'. Ever since I was very young I felt like I was being watched. I used to feel so 'watched' sometimes that I would cover myself with a blanket because the feeling was so strong. As time went on and as I grew I felt not only that I was being watched but that I was important. I was going to make an amazing difference in life sometime. I never knew when. Then I started seeing 11 everywhere. I remember my exact location when I saw the 11 for the millionth time and thought 'I have to know what 11 is'. I went online to see if the number meant anything in astrology or anything else. That day on the computer changed my life. I realized there are more people who see this. I was beside myself because I just was innocently curious what 11 could possibly mean and found it amusing that I saw it all the time.

I want answers and I hope I'm in the right place to start getting those answers, or even just a tiny answer. Why?

Thank you for reading this and any information on sleep paralysis would be so greatly appreciated.

I thank you...

Jaime L. H.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Sleep Paralysis

Post by Geoff »

Dear Jaime,

Welcome, in all the time this board has existed, I don't know a single person who has claimed that sleep paralysis and 11:11 were connected for them. So, we don't have any other cases to go by. I personally don't have much to add, except some folks say sleep paralysis is sometimes confused with an obe state.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hello sweet jaime lee : )

i too used to get sleep paralysis, around the time i started seeing 11:11. i never knew why but i tried taking the feelings id get from sleep paralysis to induce an OBE. maybe i've been confusing the two all a long. the truth is, i still don't know. it's nice though, to read someone else out there has gone through similar. like you i was intrigued by my experience and wanted to know more. some of the things online have resonated with me, but not everything. it was a personal moment that bloomed into something greater than anything i'd ever imagine and i believe any real answer you seek will come to you, in progression through your life experience.

11:11 for me has been the unfolding of a conscious spiritual adventure. defining, revealing, personal and all encompassing.
this is for you, and whatever you decide- you will always be loved- unconditionally

you are a powerful, influential being. take note of your interest, your thought patterns, and use these as tools to help set up life the way you feel it ought to be lived- naturally, the universe will present to you opportunity with each step you take.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
linda1111
Family

Post by linda1111 »

Jaime,

I had sleep paralysis several times when I first started seeing 11:11 also, really strange that's happened to other people too. And believe it or not, I had woke up a number of times with scratches, I thought maybe I did it, but my nails were too short to make them. I have not had sleep paralysis since that time years and years ago, interesting!

Love,
Linda
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Hello! I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, reading your post. Something you said really hit home with me -- the feeling that you were being watched. I have always chalked that feeling off to any number of things -- projections, vivid imagination, you name it. But it occurs to me now that anyone who is time-prompted, might indeed "sense" that someone is there -- even if we can't see or hear them. In your case, you actually could physically feel yourself being pushed down. I don't know why they would choose to alert you that way, unless they felt that there would be no other way to ensure you couldn't dismiss it. In any case, hope you enjoy being on this board. Everyone is so friendly and helpful whenever you are concerned, or have a question!

Peace to you and yours, :loves
Light
paintboxx92
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by paintboxx92 »

thats soo creepy!!! i had sleep paralysis before but i havent felt anything hold me down, i just couldnt move my body. i was conscious, well my spirit was. and thats when i lifted up outta my body for like 2 seconds. and then i just felt myself fall back into my body. i wanted to get up and close my door because it my family was making too much noise while i was trying to get sleep. i was telling my body to get up, but i just couldnt move and thats when my 2 second out of body experience happened. lol

love n light and welcome to the site :hithere

paint boxx
Ég þakka þér þá von sem þú gafst mér
Ég þakka þér þá von...

Sigur Ros
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Jaime and welcome to our message board. While I have no doubt you experienced what you say...I am uncomfortable and reluctant to attribute the scratches you and Linda experienced to our number prompting Midwayer friends. They are no allowed and would absolutely never hurt us in any way to get our attention. In fact they try very hard not to scare us but sometimes we jumpy humans tend to react badly to a show of unusual occurances. It sounds like you harbor psychic skills, being able to feel unseen beings around you.Other people who frequent this board can identify with this and even the hiding under the blankets. :) I hope your search provides the answers you are looking for. These URL's may help as you look around the site and converse with the other members.
11:11 Background and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
http://board.1111angels.com/viewforum.php?f=9

What it really means
http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?t=6573

It's nice to meet you! :hithere

HP, I remember when you first came to the board (which was long before it shows on your current identity, :lol: ) you speaking of your experiences dealing with sleep paralysis. I was surprised as I had never heard of this terrifying condition before and then I must admit that I viewed you with amazement as you seemed to battle this condition almost every night at that time and seemed to intelligently face it, facing the intense fears that it produced and in the facing, finding ways to effectively deal with it. I had never seen such bravery and yet for the most part you have not allowed it to control your life or your deep heartfelt searching for answers on every level. Okay my dear, I will not embarrass you any more.. . I just wanted you to know how much respect I hold for you and your loving caring ways. :love

Love to all,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Sweetjaimelee
New Friend

Post by Sweetjaimelee »

Thank you all for your input, I truly appreciate it.

I guess this is just one thing I'll have to figure out on my own anyways, find the message myself.

I'm so glad other people have experienced this though, I thought I might be crazy :) Well if anything it provides for interesting talks on this board, which I am so glad I found!!

I know what you are saying about the scratches... I am a true believer but an insane skeptic when it comes to my own experiences. I know this could definitely have been a normal two scratches on my arm, but it still seemed weird...

I'm glad everyone on here is so helpful and friendly, I am truly comforted being the in the presence of people just like me :)

I'd love to find out what makes us all connected, what we all have in common. Maybe that would shed some light on this whole 11:11 prompting thing and why it's us...

Thank you all so very much!
luvinlife
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by luvinlife »

I'd love to find out what makes us all connected,
Love is what connects us! :kiss:

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
Sweetjaimelee
New Friend

Post by Sweetjaimelee »

luvinlife wrote:
I'd love to find out what makes us all connected,
Love is what connects us! :kiss:

Love, Clare

I hope that is true!
linda1111
Family

Post by linda1111 »

IT'S TRUE!! :loves
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:hithere hey! i had a sleep paralysis i think it was, 3 nights ago
its been a while and the experience really took me by surprise, unfortunately i scared myself out of it
wishing i took it further, but now- am remembering some helpful things

if your trying to get out of the sleep paralysis, i find it harder to wake up trying to force or raise your head forward
instead, breath slowly and calmly tell yourself you're going to move. start by trying to wiggle your big toe
tell your body you're wiggling your toe and once it moves, you're free

i rarely accredit a presence with sleep paralysis but in my recent experience
i remember seeing the face of an older lady
it's all pretty blurry but i think she was talking to someone- but i couldn't see who
i couldn't move at all- she was sitting there talking so casually to whoever it was. this REALLY freaked me out
i tried to slam my head forward... yup, no luck. all i could do was squeeze the words help me from under my breath and as soon as i did she was gone and i was free to move

really interesting. wishing i went further, or had remembered my past experience and entered in calmness(was really caught off guard).
i bought some labradorite for my friend and had it charging next to my bed that night. for some reason, i think the lady was drawn to it and think possibly could have been why i had the experience. who knows for sure though

well, if you get sleep paralysis again let me know! thanks :alien: oh and merry christmas :loves
clarity
Family

Post by clarity »

I've experienced sleep paralysis a few times in my life. Once when I fell asleep on my grandmothers couch. When I woke up I couldn't move and I could see someone standing in the corner of the room. I tried to move my arm and I felt myself lifting it then I realized my arm hadn't moved at all. I was finally able to move when I kept wiggling my fingers and then after I could move my whole body I realized it was a plant that was in the corner of the room.

Another time was in my bed at home. I woke up and couldn't move and it felt like something kept running in my room, touching me then running out. I don't remember seeing anything, I just remember feeling something run in, touch me as if we were playing a game of tag, and then run out. It did this several times before I was able to move.

Another time I was in my bed, woke up and couldn't move. I heard a plastic bag rustling at the end of my bed. When I was able to move I looked and didn't see any bags.

I've never felt like something was sitting on my chest(as I've heard many people describe it). On a ghost show on tv a girl said that she felt something sitting on her chest and she saw it staring her in the face. She was staying with a friend and sleeping in the girl's brother's room who was either dead or away(I don't remember). They figured out that it was a protector of the guy whose room she was sleeping in. It happened to her about 3 nights in a row. When she asked permission to stay in the room it didn't happen again. The way the thing was pictured on the show looked like Dobbie from Harry Potter. The girl woke up one night and saw it crying in the corner of the room because it was sad the brother was gone.
Sweetjaimelee
New Friend

Post by Sweetjaimelee »

Wow, these stories are so interesting!

The only other weird sleeping event that has taken place before the sleep paralysis, was when I was a little girl and I was sleeping on the couch in the living room. I had been awoken by something and looked behind me and saw a huge bright white angel standing right behind my head. I tell this story to this day and I swear it was real. It was like my guardian angel.. It was magnificent but since I was so young I got scared and pulled the covers over my head and tried to fall back asleep.

Who knows if all these events are actually real or in our minds for nothing or for something... I want to know.. I don't know about the rest of you out there, but all these strange occurrences are surpassing the 'it's a coincidence' thing.

I also only remember one other really strange thing that I've always claimed was true.. I remember being abducted by something.. in my back yard. And I remember everything up until the event when I went with someone... It's only strange because since then I always had weird stretch-mark looking marks on the back of my neck and have been to so many doctors to ask what it is, and nobody can give me an answer.. They all look at me like I'm crazy :)

All these personal stories are helping me, so thank you :)
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Sweetjaimelee wrote:Who knows if all these events are actually real or in our minds for nothing or for something... I want to know..
Dear Sweetjaimelee,

The odds are that was real. Children do often see their guardian angels. The sad thing is that so many are really scared, and of course parents don't help there.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
linda1111
Family

Post by linda1111 »

Dear SweetJaimielee,
Your not crazy! I believe you, I have had so many strange occurrences in my life, that I do not discount too many incidents that happen to people, and I'm pretty sane too! I know quite a bit about ufos, their occupants, about ghosts, angels , etc., don't worry about any of it, it's our world.

Love,
Linda :sunflower:
Sweetjaimelee
New Friend

Post by Sweetjaimelee »

linda1111 wrote:Dear SweetJaimielee,
Your not crazy! I believe you, I have had so many strange occurrences in my life, that I do not discount too many incidents that happen to people, and I'm pretty sane too! I know quite a bit about ufos, their occupants, about ghosts, angels , etc., don't worry about any of it, it's our world.

Love,

Hehe, thank you Linda!

I used to have a keychain that read "I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here". It makes so much sense to me now!
linda1111
Family

Post by linda1111 »

Your welcome.

Love,
lalitadi
New Friend

Post by lalitadi »

How long after remaining conscious will sleep paralysis happen? I try to induce lucid dreams through sleep paralysis but I can never enter through it because it never comes. I wake up like around 3 but without moving, and I stay awake in my mind without moving for like half an hour and nothing happens. Why doesn't it?
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Welcome lalitadi,

You wrote:
How long after remaining conscious will sleep paralysis happen? I try to induce lucid dreams through sleep paralysis but I can never enter through it because it never comes.
I am not real knowlegeable on this subject, but from what I have heard from those who suffer with sleep paralysis it is not something they induce by any method...It is something that just happens to them and it more often than not unpleasant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hello lalitadi. i'm sorry its taken so long to respond to your post. i've been meaning to say something, but my sleep paralysis is so rare now i felt i'd be lacking with any useful information, that is, until now. i had a new experience last night and so remember some things i'd like to share/clear up here. first, a brief history. i used to experience sleep paralysis almost on a regular basis during one semester in college. of course i did not know what it was until i researched online. during the same time i had very vivid dreams, the 1111 started making itself known to me, and i was very interested in spirits and astral projection, out of body and n.d.e's. i used a website i think, called crystallinks as one refrence which had all of these tied together. most forums and websites did. so i had it in my mind, later after having a few extreme cases of sleep paralysis, that i could take these feelings as a gateway to creating my own out of body experience. there is some controversy here whether or not we have any control in this. i will say i was never 100% succuesful in leaving body. but i have had some experiences that have left me at 90% and certain my intent and will orchestrated the event. however, the sleep paralysis most always seemed to happen out of the blue(so i can understand why the fear associated with s.p and why to think one has no control), and as it died down so did my interest in trying to take it further. so i'm not sure what i truly controlled but i will share some patterns i have taken note of prior to experiencing s.p: 1) it happened more on days i was physically active or had taken in some sun 2)(to sound slightly contradictory now) on days i would oversleep or be mentally fatigued 3) in between sleep 4) drinking lots of water 5) recalling dreams after and before sleep and6) laying completely still on my back. always layingon my back, i have no luck with sp sleeping on my side even though that is how i normally enter sleep. so try these things and pray about it, exercise physicaly run or swim, exercise mentally strengten your memory. if you wake up between sleep- stretch and drink a cup of water before u go back to bed. as you sleep, try on your back. dont mentally strain how bad you want to experience. just remain aware of your thoughts as you slip into a day dream. feel your body let go and feel it shuttig down. this is where it happens. there will be a creeping feeling or a weight/force enter your body. if you resist(which i doa lotout of fear) you wont goas far. if you accept this feeling, you will be taken somewhere else. at least, this is how it happens for me. as the force weighing down my body creeps up from my feet and into my arms, i hear my breath and notice it slows down. at this point of acceptance a weird noise hones in to my ears and new feelings like, as it zeros in something in me is reaching out. i scared myself again this morning(alwaysdisappointed whn i do so) sometimes the noise is accompanied by voices maybe even halucinations. forme, this morning, a female voice echod and distorted rang in(my eyes were closed) she said, "can you hear me?" i replied i can hear you. i was a little scared because a new feeling entered my body as she spoke. it left, but came back stronger, "can you hear me?" this time it felt likesomething was entering my body. im sure i was dreaming this but it felt like my body was lifting up from the bed. being pulled from my chest and gut, levitating from the bed. when she asked me again the 2nd time i heard a little girl in the background laughing like shed been running and playing. i tried to respond but i couldnt respond mentally, i was frightened(the levitating feeling was a new one for me) instead i managed to let out an incoherent groan from under my breath. this scared me even more. i thought i was being possessed. i tried to break free, which came easily(so i think my fear was wrongly placed) and decided to sleep on my side. this is where it gets even stranger. all of this felt like a dream, even the part where i had imagined breaking free. i quickly entered a regular sleep and started to dream. the whole time it felt like someone female was with me in m dream, trying to show me smething. mid way in the dream i stated, "this is a dream!" and tried to break free. i did but only to be in my bed dreaming i woke up from the dream. i started feeling the sp again but soon realized laying there in my room was a dream also- and so woke up again! i woke on my back as if i never layed on my side to break free from the initial fear of rising up and suspending alittleabove my mattress . im sure it was all a part of one big dream but everything felt real.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

my phone was starting to lag so i had to break the post up into two(or the spelling and grammar would be terrible. and it would take so long to type anything) anyways, fear is a hinderance and obstacle i have yet to get over. please dont let my worry on posession scare you- i only thought so because of a dream i had a week or so ago. also, it can be a little frightening in this realm but i think our imaginings make things either easier or worse, so try to enter everything with a calm mind and be peaceful with all you encounter. i think the lady i heard was really here to help. she definitely had a distinct voice. separate from me, as well as the litle girl laughing. everytime thishappens i wish to take it one step further and experience more. so maybe there is a next time. its all very interesting. thegood news is i woke up just fine without a scratch and its a beautiful day outside ! :"D :"P ! ! ! hope some of this info helps you, and if something happens please share ! ! ! ok bye take care! :;D
sammy

Post by sammy »

I personally would not attempt to induce sleep paralysis. I have experienced it personally on several occasions and I have to agree with Sandy, not pleasant, and on some occasions out right terrifying. That said, I have also had MANY instance of what Eric described and these instances were not scary. EVERY time I take a nap during the day I have the same experience Eric described...the thinking you woke up only to realize you are still dreaming...thinking and struggling to move or wake yourself you moved to no avail. I have the most DETAILED dreams every time I experience this.

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Shredder
Busy Bee

Post by Shredder »

Hi :hithere

I have 2 cents :lol:

Feeling of Being "held down" ( my partner would describe this as well and have marks appear sometimes) this to me is a strong message that we haven't grounded well first and may experience some anxiety if we continue ( lets go sailing without our GPS and anchor kinda thing ),things like being aware that you cannot control your body anymore just as you are "separating" from it - this is true separation anxiety - the conscious has a little "freak out" breaks your train of thought and them whoosh your back in and physically in control like we "wanted" when we had the little "freak out" in first place.

As we meditate our energy states go through transitions, these energy states have different effect on our physical bodies. This is akin to sleep transitions
where our bodies go through things like sleep paralysis, REM etc. I tested this a type of paralysis a few times as I would go deeper into deeper states
I would periodically try to move and knew I was going ok when I couldn't move for I had then got to a good "lift off" place.

I'm sometimes like this before I wake up in the morning - aware and at first sometimes paralyzed - but fully aware. When we meditate we are kinda
doing the same thing, in this case we are trying to achieve a hyper-aware state so some of us will be acutely aware whats going on physically
with ourselves - grounding can have the effect of giving us confidence that our bodies will be fine while we are gone and give "our friends" confidence
that we are prepared.

It is natural to be aware that you cannot move your body if you are lucid dreaming as we are already in a hyper aware state ...

Dreams within dreams within dreams. Once I remember lucid dreaming and thinking, I'll do this or that for a change and of course the dream changed
and changed to my will. On this occaision I found myself having to wake up quickly so I consciously did just to find myself "waking up" in each previous
dream before I could fuly wake - like the dreams kept going without me and have to "stop/deal with them " before I wake up - wish I could
describe this better.

Grounding and practice should ease this "separation anxiety"

I hope my 2 cents helps somewhat somehow

:loves :loves

:loves
brightfuture333
New Friend

Post by brightfuture333 »

Wow... people... you're getting sleep paralysis at 11:11?! I have never noticed what time I have sleep paralysis, but sleep paralysis IS the ideal state to have an OBE! I just recently discovered this. I have had sleep paralysis for a number of years now but it's always scared me... until I read about astral projection. I read about AP, and although I hadn't yet learned that SP is the ideal state for AP, I found that out accidently AND then read about it. I woke up in sleep paralysis and attempted to wake up by moving my body with a great deal of force. What happened was I popped out of my body! I thought "cool, this is what I have been reading about", but when I freaked out and got stuck in a window, I ended up back in my body. I read more about it and it happened again. I woke up in AP, and simply rolled out of my body, went exploring the astral planes and have being doing so ever since!

I have since been noticing 11:11 everywhere. And I also have a ceiling fan light that was broken for 2 years that has started to work and flash at me from time to time. I finally googled 11:11 when a friend told me her mom had experienced it and found this message board. I have been trying to astral project at 11:11, but it's not that easy to "make" it happen whenever you decide.

In any case, the next time you wake up in sleep paralysis at 11:11, I recommend you roll over, roll out of your body and ask for who ever it is who is alerting you with the 11:11! Talk to those angels or whatever they are and then report back!