Client scared of 11:11 -- advice, please

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
11light11
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Client scared of 11:11 -- advice, please

Post by 11light11 »

Hello everyone!

I have a question for board members. Wondered if you all could help with a client of mine (she comes in for weekly psychotherapy).

This client appears to have some psychic abilities, which she's kept quiet most of her life. She and her son (who is 18) both are in touch with their spirit guides, and know their names. They have had occurrences where they were spoken to by celestials, in moments of peril, and warned to get up and get to a hospital, for instance. This client also just had a suicide attempt, and was visited at the bedside by a ghost who provided comfort. He showed her a few scenes from her life and assisted her to gaining insight around the depression that led her to make the suicide attempt. She left the hospital with renewed faith and renewed commitment to life. So his intervention was key to her healing process. She is a very soft person and very kind to others, but due to a rough childhood she often invites abusers into her life.

She mentioned to me that she sees 12:34, 11:11, and other signs, and also that 23 has meaning in her family, with many people being born on the 23rd. She has no knowledge of numerology or of communities such as this one, but on her own she has felt the significance of seeing these numbers, and has a sense that there is something going on, spiritually.

This client has been "saved" and is a Baptist. According to the teachings of her church, she should fear her own abilities, and the signs from the Midwayers, and she is very leery of any contact with celestials, or seeing these numbers. She thinks she must be evil herself, or carry a dark entity around with her, or else how could she invite all this into her life? The Baptist teaching has her feeling that she is inherently bad for having these spiritual experiences.

She told me about all of this, without knowing that I too see numbers, or that I take comfort in them, believing them to come from the light. In a careful and gentle way, I suggested to her that I respect the teachings of her church, and yet I know that this client has not done anything wrong -- these signs and occurrences are coming to her, uninvited, and perhaps she has some helpers, like Guardian Angels, saying hello, offering comfort and peace. (Her church allows a belief in Guardian Angels, and I felt it would be safe to say that.) She liked that, and it gave her some comfort, but she still has a deep belief that psychics are sinners who go to hell, and such signs from the other side must come from the devil. While her abilities are underdeveloped, from her very modest descriptions of events in her life, she is on the level of an Allison DuBois, from the show Medium (who is a real person). She's been this way since she was pre-verbal and now she is in her mid-40s. It's sad to think she believes her gifts are evil. Her son, too, is so gifted spiritually, and he also believes he must be a sinner for being psychic.

I am asking you all if you have any advice, of what I can say to her, that will not insult her Baptist beliefs, but that will provide her with comfort, so she can stop beating herself up for being born so psychic, but can instead take comfort from the help our Midwayer friends have been offering to her, throughout her life, since early childhood.

Any ideas you have, I would appreciate, so very much.

Peace to each of you!
Light
Sandy
Staff

Re: Client scared of 11:11 -- advice, please

Post by Sandy »

Hello Light,

Isn't it sad for someone like this woman patient who seems so lovely and gifted to feel betrayed and beat up by her own God given gifts? hmmm ...I know that isn't very helpful huh? I will give it some thought. I just found this and it is late, so I am not thinking real clearly. But it seems to me that there are figures spoken of in the Bible who have had experiences with angels and passed on Teachers.. lets see...Jacob...didn't he wrestle in the new testament with and angel of God and wasn't Joseph given visions of what was to come in dreams which saved the Egyptians and his own family in times of famine. Moses is another example of one who did great things for the Israelites due to his "special abilities and God given gifts. There were others the Old and New testements is filled with humans who because of their faith...and in fulfilling God's will and purpose did great things...There was Sampson who was given the gift of great strength as long as he didn't cut his hair... There was the prophet Samuel, who as a small boy heard the voice of God. The Prophets Elijah and Elisha who did miracles and was given forewarnings which were passed onto the people. ... :) oh George just said, "And none of them were Baptist! :roll: :lol: Anyway, the Bible is filled with people of faith who have amazing God given gifts to help others. Perhaps, if her gifts were put to use helping others she would see their value and worth. After all according to the Bible it seems the devil despises anything of love...and prefers to provide ugliness and upset in the lives of humans... The bottom line... God's Knows how to give good gifts to his children.

Okay I'm off to bed. Goodnight Light. I will keep this dear lady in my prayers.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
luvinlife
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by luvinlife »

It's so disappointing when religions use scare tactics when people are "gifted"! I wish I knew what to say. I'll pray that she sees that she and her son have been blessed to have this.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

11light11 wrote:This client has been "saved" and is a Baptist. According to the teachings of her church, she should fear her own abilities, and the signs from the Midwayers, and she is very leery of any contact with celestials, or seeing these numbers. She thinks she must be evil herself, or carry a dark entity around with her, or else how could she invite all this into her life? The Baptist teaching has her feeling that she is inherently bad for having these spiritual experiences.
Dear Light,

Yeah well, its going to be hard.

I guess one of George's books might be borderline. Never looked at them from a Baptist perspective, but basically he just shares his stories?

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Shield
Family

Post by Shield »

Good morning Light. Just some food for thought about your client. I was forced to go to a baptist church when I was a child so I think I know how she feels. It took many years for me to deal with teachings of the preachers I had to listen to.

Any way, if I'm not mistaken there is a verse in the bible that says "It will all be revealed in the end". I think I would suggest to her while the preachers may have had the best of intentions in what they taught it is very likely they were wrong about a lot of things. As we progress through this age she and many more are being shown
the truth. These thoughts helped me to open my eyes to the possibility I had been taught a lot of things that were not true. Being raised in baptist church was for some time a horrible burden I would not wish on any one. I feel for her and wish I had a better solution but can't think of one now.

I wish you well. :)
serene
Busy Bee

Post by serene »

Most people fear what they do not understand.... I guess you could encourage her to research the numbers, and see what she can learn about her talents. Sandy has spoke of the bible and how it can relate to her own current beliefs. Perhaps you can gently suggest over time that you can change your religious beliefs just as when some one provides you with evidence you would change your opinion. Someone is obviously taking great care of her and she could embrace the love she is receiving instead of fearing it.
I hope she comes to understand these messages.

Much love

Serene
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Being raised in baptist church was for some time a horrible burden I would not wish on any one.
Try being raised Catholic!!!! :roll

I have learned to listen to my own "inner voice" and I think there are many truths in many religions and many falsehoods as well.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Hello everyone,

Thank you to all of you for taking the time to make these suggestions! I think you gave very sage advice and I'll try to speak to her about some of these things -- from Sandy's suggestions from the Bible, to researching numbers, to accepting that there is some room for additional truths in any faith tradition.

Thanks to all of you!
Peace!
Light
LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

That is a tough situation, and I also feel a deep sadness and sympathy for her and other brothers and sisters who are victims of such upbringings and influences.

To try and hopefully add something to the already-good suggestions, I'd also remind her that the relationship with God is a deeply personal affair. That is, no human being's relationship with God should be defined by someone else's experiences or "rules".

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

That's another great idea -- thank you Lucky! We unfortunately missed our last appointment -- our office was closed due to an ice storm. Hopefully I'll get to see her before Christmas, but either way, when next we meet I'll share these gems from our group! Thank you to each one of you, and peace!
Light