New Car odometer readings!

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
MagicMike
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

New Car odometer readings!

Post by MagicMike »

I have recently acquired my first new car (straight out of the box) in 50 years of being a road traveller, a Lambretta being my first vehicle! Recently my prompts have been fine tuned to an amazing exactitude. The other day I looked at the trip reading and it said 11.0 - something in my head told me to still focus on the reading and lo and behold it turned to 11.1 ! Also when driving, my attention was drawn to look at the accumulated mileage since I bought the car and it was 1111 miles, the only time in its life when I would see that figure. I have only recently started to try to meditate more seriously, something I have the greatest difficulty with - sitting still!
Hi everyone, not been on the board lately I'm afraid. Mike :hithere
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Mike
Great to see you back!! You are certainly heading in the right direction by meditating!! Their message got through!!
Love lilly xox :D
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
Bluebelle235
Family

Post by Bluebelle235 »

Hello Mike, it's good to meet you.

Your story reminded me of something that happened to me during the week. 77 seems to be my number - I see it alot on car number plates. One morning during the week, I was driving home from taking my husband to the train station, and I looked at the milage 'thingy' (sorry, can't remember what it's called) I never, ever, ever look at that and don't know why I looked when I did. It read 44771 - the 77 again !!! *smile*

Enjoy your new 'toy' !!

Many blessings,
Joy >i<
~ We did not come here to fear the future, we came here to shape it ~ Barack Obama
~ Blessings ~
Joy >i<
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Mike,
Congradulation on your new car! You may not be the most frequent of MB posters, but I can assure you that you are never forgotten. In fact, George and I were thinking of you just last week. It is always a pleasure to see your face and read your posts. :D
love,
Sandy
~*Star_Struck*~
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

Hi Mike :hithere That is really cool! Isn't it amazing the lengths that our midway friends will go to to prompt us and make their presence known. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :loves
Thanks for sharing, and i hope you enjoy your new car!!! :bike: :bana:

Love
Star
Now i know the answer to the question:
Do dreams come true?
Still staring at the world
Through my rear view.
nobadges
Old Friend

Post by nobadges »

In my car I have the odometer which is 7 digits, the trip odometer, 4 digits, and the clock, 4 digits.
Between the three of them their is rarely a day goes by when I get at least a 3 digits prompt like 123777.0, 4555, or 4:44....
That sort of thing.
Allan
Ottawa Canada
~Keep an attitude of gratitude~
MagicMike
Busy Bee

Post by MagicMike »

Hi Lily, Sandy, Joy, Star and Allen!

Thanks for your good wishes and shared feelings about the 'trip' prompts.
I am really enjoying driving the car - I loved your little emoticon, Star, the one that says 'Cool' when you hover over it!!
You are right on the meditation front Lily, but I am so rubbish at it, just find it the hardest thing in the world to sit that still - what an admission!
Thanks for your nice comment Sandy - it's good to be missed! I have had George's Akashic CD for some time - it's just that I seem to need half a lifetime to put it into practice - are there any shortcuts? Love to all, Mike :-)
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Mike,
You wrote:
You are right on the meditation front Lily, but I am so rubbish at it, just find it the hardest thing in the world to sit that still - what an admission!
Thanks for your nice comment Sandy - it's good to be missed! I have had George's Akashic CD for some time - it's just that I seem to need half a lifetime to put it into practice - are there any shortcuts?
You are simply being honest and most of us have the same trouble when first beginning meditation. I think so often we go into it thinking "bing bam" we'll have that lovely experience someone just described....but as we sit and try to be silent in body and mind we instead feel a little agitated as thought after thought intrudes into our quiet place and every body part seems to complain or itch all at the same time. :) So maybe just a very small and simple beginning is the ticket. Try quieting your mind and focusing on your breathing for not more then a few moments ... Slowly draw in a long deep breath, in through your nose for about 12 seconds. Hold it for 12 seconds and then exhale slowly through your mouth for 12 seconds. I have recently started doing this and it has a very nice calming effect. The draw back is that you are obviously counting and that is distracting. So maybe begin that way for a week till the flow seems natural and then skip the counting or continue for awhile as it is still lovely practice in concentration. Enter this time with the intent to simply relax for a few minutes in peace. ..no expectations...no fault placed on yourself ...Just relax. If thoughts do arise. Pay attention to them acknowledge them and ask yourself. "Now why the heck did that come up?" Really analyze because often when your delve into the reason behind certain thoughts and try to understand them, resolving their purpose, they often rest in peace. :) Actually, it is a good way to get into the inner workings of what makes you tick as you peel away the layers making room for some "good stuff" later on. As you feel comfortable you can slowly increase your stillness time, allowing spirit to progress naturally and comfortably.
Well this is just one take on it...There are so many ways to meditate...I think many of us have our own "pet ways" to quiet ourselves. And some days it seems nothing stems those raging thoughts :roll:

I still think that often the problem lies in trying too much too soon. We suffer disappointment when the hopeful and expectant doesn't happen and loose interest. Nobody wants to feel like they have failed do they? So in recognizing that there is no failure... that every attempt made is leading towards something great, a wonderful peaceful existence, we open the door to better attunement, better centeredness (not sure that's a word...) and better ways of being in all areas of our lives. So just a few minutes a day...at a time when you feel least pressured... can make you feel like a million bucks!

Hope this helps just a smidgeon. But with all that said, meditation isn't the only way we progress.. Living life, embracing it with open arms as a gift from God... appreciating ourselves, and those around us in heartfelt gratitude... fostering a loving outlook for ourselves and those around us... walking with our Creator... Yes...Life is also a very good Teacher... :D

With Love,
Sandy
Bluebelle235
Family

Post by Bluebelle235 »

Sandy wrote: Slowly draw in a long deep breath, in through your nose for about 12 seconds. Hold it for 12 seconds and then exhale slowly through your mouth for 12 seconds. I have recently started doing this and it has a very nice calming effect.
A very nice calming effect.................it's called 'passing out' !!! :shock:

12 seconds is a tad toooo long for me, I can manage about 6 or 7 :oops:
~ We did not come here to fear the future, we came here to shape it ~ Barack Obama
~ Blessings ~
Joy >i<
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol:
Yeah I know..I think I count a tad fast...(even cheat a little at times... :wink: )but it is still a little better then the 20 seconds for each part that the original exercise suggested! :shock: I have a feeling as with most things it gets easier as we make it a part of routine... but not sure I will ever be long winded enough for twenty... :cyclopsani:
Love,
Sandy
MagicMike
Busy Bee

Post by MagicMike »

Hi Sandy,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to pass your meditation method on to me. I really appreciate the fact that the have given me 'your best'. THANK YOU!! Talking of passing out, I had a once in a lifetime experience last Friday night. Years ago, while at work I was sent on numerous first aid courses to learn mainly resuscitation, and we were taught ABC, Airways, Breathing Circulation and I thought "Why are we learning this, I NEVER have had to do this on anyone'. WELL - At evening dance classes last Friday, one of our students(who is 88 actually, and a wonderful man who regularly takes people to hospital 3 times a week) suddenly popped his head back in the chair, the colour drained from his face and he went blue! We laid him on the floor and another helpful soul said 'I think he's got a pulse'. His mouth was open and I was being pulled strongly to give him the 'kiss of life' as we call it. After 3 breaths he suddenly started breathing again and the colour returned to his face. The ambulance arrived quickly after and he was taken to hospital. He has recovered, but we are not sure whether it was the dancing exertion caused by a 'new' partner or not, but Ray is BACK! Made me feel good, though! Thanks again Sandy for your caring post! Mike :-)
JAB
Busy Bee

Post by JAB »

Hey Mike,
I took this picture of my odometer a while back. :D

4444 is repeated two times.
brianm
Family

Post by brianm »

JAB, I must be missing a LOT of prompts in my own life.
When I look at your odometer reading, I see only one possible prompt of 444 (40444)...... am I looking at number sequences wrongly? :shock:
I'd hate to think that I'm ignoring my Midwayers. I always acknowlege them now.

Thanks, Brian.
JAB
Busy Bee

Post by JAB »

brianm wrote:JAB, I must be missing a LOT of prompts in my own life.
When I look at your odometer reading, I see only one possible prompt of 444 (40444)...... am I looking at number sequences wrongly? :shock:
I'd hate to think that I'm ignoring my Midwayers. I always acknowlege them now.

Thanks, Brian.
No, you're not looking at it wrong. I just tend to see more than is there. I discount the "0" always, so in the meter itself is the 4444. Now for the other sequence of 4's, you must look at the other set of 4's in the form of a crescent moon. As I said, I look into things way too much. It's not obvious in any way, but nonetheless, it's there.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Now for the other sequence of 4's, you must look at the other set of 4's in the form of a crescent moon. As I said, I look into things way too much. It's not obvious in any way, but nonetheless, it's there.
I don't think you are looking into it too far...I think you are more observant. Or perhaps the pattern you see has a significance.

LOVE!!!