Voice on a home-made recording

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
brianm
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Voice on a home-made recording

Post by brianm »

There's something I've been meaning to share for a little while now ..... and ask your opinions on.
When I first joined this Board, I asked whether or not anyone had experienced waking in the morning to find rust-coloured stains on their palms (on multiple occasions) to no avail, but perhaps this might be more fruitful. Here's hoping :finger:

A couple of years ago, I was recording a song using a system that allowed for me to mix my voice in with the instruments and do editing etc..
The finished product was for a silly competition I was involved in. Lots of fun, actually. :bana:
Anyhow, I would play the "song" back every few minutes or so to see how it sounded. At no time did I ever leave the room while working on it and there was no-one else in the house right the way through my little project. Here's the odd thing I want to share:
One of the times that I played my song back, there was a man's voice, loud and clear, making a teasing comment about my singing abilities. it was NOT at all threatening or malicious in any way, but jovial and seemingly friendly much like a friend would tease another friend all in fun.
I played it back again and again to find that the voice had gone and so all I have is that it happened, but nothing more. RATS! I don't even remember exactly what the voice said (not that it really matters, I don't think, because it was just an "all-in-fun" jab at my singing prowess lol).
Another point I should make is that I was not connected to the Net all during the session/project.
So........ any thoughts? I have not done anything else requiring any recording etc. since, so it's not happened again of course. maybe I should try to invoke something again? Trying to coax it into happening again might be a good idea....... couldn't hurt.

Anyhow, anyone is welcome to jump in, please. Much appreciated! :salut:

Cheers, Brian.
brianm
Family

Post by brianm »

Just wondering if this could have been a Midwayer....... is this something that they have done with anyone else that you know of?
Is this something that would be too odd for them to do?
Would this be more like something that a mortal's spirit or "ghost" might do?
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Voice on a home-made recording

Post by Geoff »

brianm wrote:One of the times that I played my song back, there was a man's voice, loud and clear, making a teasing comment about my singing abilities. it was NOT at all threatening or malicious in any way, but jovial and seemingly friendly much like a friend would tease another friend all in fun.
I played it back again and again to find that the voice had gone and so all I have is that it happened, but nothing more. .
Dear Brian,

I would not think that was a midwayer, but the same thing happened to the Vatican, recording some Gregorian chants, and their recording must have "stuck" because they showed it to the pope apparently, and it caused the RCC to revise its notions of the contactability of folks after death. Last I heard, they stopped forbidding such activities.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
brianm
Family

Post by brianm »

Well, I sure don't like to hear that, Geoff.

Thanks very much for replying anyhow. Seems you can always be counted on..... I've learned that much so far. :thumright:

Cheers, Geoff.
Brian.
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by George »

Hi Brian,

We often get "teased" like that by Midwayers, but then . . . this is very much our lives from morning into the night.

http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?t=15100 gives you some of them.

God bless.....
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
catlady
New Friend

Post by catlady »

Hey Brian,

The same thing happened to me on new years eve 1999. I was at home and talking out loud to myself (to someone who was deceased), not expecting to hear back. I was kind of upset and said, "you probably can't even hear me".. I then got my guitar and recorded a song this person had written on the computer. As you said, there was noone else with me, was not on the internet, no radios or tv's on e.t.c. So I played it back immediately and in the middle there was a voice saying "I hear you".
:shock:
It was amazing and i'm soo grateful that happened to me. Anyway it's called Electric Voice Phenomena (EVP), and is really common. Alot of people who go out with a recorder to capture spirits voices are actually successful.. I really want to do it but i'm kind of afraid of what i'll get.

If you're interested just google 'EVP' and have a look, there are loads of soundbytes out there! It's so interesting. if you're really brave just try doing it yourself. D:
catlady
New Friend

Post by catlady »

P.S I had no idea about EVP when this happened to me, but after that I read about it elsewhere and now i'm totally fascinated!
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Brian writes:
One of the times that I played my song back, there was a man's voice, loud and clear, making a teasing comment about my singing abilities. it was NOT at all threatening or malicious in any way, but jovial and seemingly friendly much like a friend would tease another friend all in fun.
I was told to 'drain the sink before the tadpoles grew their legs.' Indeed, there was more than a day's dishes under the suds.

I knew who made that s******s remark, tho. :lol:

Cheers...
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Veeery interesting thread!

I have an experience that might be related (or maybe not), but here goes:

A few years ago I was screwing around with my computer and some recording software. I recorded a rough version of a song that I composed. I re-tracked it several times, adding instrumental melody and vocal harmonies. I listened to my 'finished product' and was satisfied with it.

However, a few days (or weeks?) later while visiting my ex-wife and her boyfriend, I played the song for them. She got (slightly) enraged, which was not exactly the response I had expected.

So I asked her why she had responded this way. She said that I had promised her that she could sing harmony with me on some of my recordings, but that there was obviously some other female on the track singing. I was like :shock: !

While rewinding the song to have another listen, I explained to her that I was the only artist on the track *( :scratch: )*.

Anyway, we listened again and SURE enough, there was what sounded (and still sounds) like female backing vocals! :roll:

Imagine that!

Love and Light,

Jody
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

catlady wrote:P.S I had no idea about EVP when this happened to me, but after that I read about it elsewhere and now i'm totally fascinated!
Dear Catlady,

Welcome to our site.

Love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello catlady,
Welcome aboard. Nice to meet you! :)
Love,
Sandy
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hi Jody! Well, that sounds a bit spooky! With all the modern technology today, goodness knows what we may start to pick up?
I remember hearing people's muted chat in the backround of a tape I had just done some recording on. I was annoyed more than anything; the tape cassette was new. Later though, the chatting was gone. But I definitely had heard it...I was about 10 or 11 at the time!

Hello, :hithere catlady. Nice to have you here!

Love, Petra xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra