New member with a "silence" problem

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
starling
New Friend

New member with a "silence" problem

Post by starling »

Having just joined, I havent as yet read all the posts here and maybe someone might be able to give me a quick-link to something useful.
I was born with a "11" name, in numerological terms. Even when I got married, my new name remained an "11". My son has an "11" lifepath, according to numerology, and my husband also has an 11 somewhere in his figures.
I didnt notice any particular phenomena until probably last year. We had all been through a large number of changes in the family; some good, some sad, like the loss of a very dear bird-friend and family pet. Occasionally I would see 11:11 on clocks, but thought little of it....until the frequency started to step up markedly during this year (2008). These past few months have been full of 11's everywhere, plus double-figures such as 3:33, 4:44, and so on. Even the street lights choose to go out when I drive past them; they're on auto-timers to match the rising light-levels in the morning, but even so, it's unnerving!

Anyway......I found the various 11:11 websites this week and have been trying to practice the "quiet time". I live by a very busy road and every room in the house is affected; it is difficult to just "go out" somewhere because everywhere has noise! But in the early hours of this morning I woke up and received one word ringing loudly in my head, like a question; it said "Willing?" Presumably asking if I was willing to find out more; so here I am.
How do other people cope with noisy situations, for their "quiet time"? I'm trying to learn more what this is all about; I don't yet understand why I've been made aware of this phenomenon and not others...but there it is. I'll go on now, to read more on the forum.
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

WELCOME Starling..... :D

Put some ear plugs in, that might help.... :D

Or listen to George's CD by earphones....

Starling, read this first, may answer some of your questions:
http://board.1111angels.com/viewforum.php?f=9

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Welcome Starling,

I too began meditating by a busy road and with two 'needy" dogs whenever I sat down to meditate. I used to think to myself, "If I can learn to meditate through this, than I can meditate through anything...volcanos erupting...floods, windstorms... you name it!"
It does get easier with practice. So try not to let the road noise frustrate you. Perhaps you could even try to use it to your advantage. One of the aligning exercises I once used frequently involved listening. First listen to the distant noises such as airplanes, the hum of distant traffic, or dogs barking...Gradually bring the focus in till you are hearing noises just outside and in the room with you. It is truly amazing the noises that we have learned to shut out that we hear when we do this type of exercise. Finish by bringing your focus into your own body and listen to the sounds within...the beating of your heart..the blood pumping through your veins and arteries...your gurgling stomach (an easy one for me! :roll: ) Allow wonder and joy to permeate your thoughts for all this wonderful life going on around you and within you.

You also may do better as Sarah suggested with some type of guided meditation where you are focused on what you are asked to do or maybe put on some soothing meditation music.

Hope soon you feel as comfortable as a meditating guru! Image
Love,
Sandy
nobadges
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nobadges »

Best advice I can give you is to order George's CD.
It will change your life!

Love and Light
Allan
Ottawa Canada
~Keep an attitude of gratitude~
starling
New Friend

Post by starling »

Thanks folks; I think a focus-point would help too. With the comings and goings in the house, over Christmas, I probably wont get chance to have much time to myself, but I am beginning to realise how important this quiet time is. Looks like a CD will be my new-year present.
Lots of fascinating things to read on this forum, too....still wading through! (and another 11:11 came up on my PC clock this morning!).
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi starling,
Welcome to our loving group. I met some ladies with husbands who constantly have the television on loud watching sports....they bought earphone things from a gunshop...to save their sanity. These may help you also...and George's CD sounds like a wonderful idea too.
Lov lilly xoxox :hithere
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda