The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by Sandy »

WOW! A cougar! It doesn't get much better then that! :shock: Well, okay an elephant would probably be pretty good, or a giraffe or Rhino..Okay it doesn't get much better thn that on the continent of North America! :mrgreen: :bana:

LOL I'm sorry but I laughed out loud at you and the question as to let the mouse out or become potential prey for a cougar.
Still laughing. Nowas for me, I would have been terrified the mouse might escape from the car in the vicinity of the cougar and get hurt. Yes I am so weird. :roll:

But on a similar note, I saw a rat in our garage this morning. A big one too. :shock: I am a hypocrite for this thought, "but I could really use your cougar right now. :shock: Has anyone ever been able to talk a rat or something of the sort from staying where you don't want them... I don't want to hurt him or her but I suspect the family is already growing as I type. :cry:

I will get on it... and talk to George's doctor about his sleep/ breathing problems. I'm really glad you are doing well now, Kim. :sunflower:

Thanks for the pasty recipe, Kim. It sounds simple enough. Problem I see though is I cannot find shortening here. Do you have any suggestions for a shortening substitute? Thinking about your pies are making me hungry. :mrgreen:

It poured down rain here last night and is raining as I speak. I am so enjoying being nice and cool for a change. 8) Maybe it will be soup for supper tonight. :sunflower:

Hoping for calm winds for you, PP. Happiness all around. :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
If I saw a rat today, I would seriously wonder what Mother Nature was trying to tell me! Don't know if it really worked or not, but last summer I looked a pair of deer right in the eye and said, "This is not your salad bar! You can eat over there, but not in my flowers!" Crazy thing is I didn't have a problem after that! Of course they stood right at the border of our property chomping on whatever they were chomping on, my presence didn't faze them a bit. We've had to be really careful with our dog. She's gotten Lyme's Disease from deer ticks. It was never a problem out hear until about five years ago, now have to check her all the time after a walk.

Lol! You know I did contemplate that the mouse would become cougar food if I stopped and got it out there. Reiterated to my son and husband, "I don't want it hurt, just not in my car."

They don't have Crisco or some other variation of it in Australia? What do they use in their baked goods? I had to take a minute to research, but my internet is acting up again. Crisco is vegetable based, so maybe margarine, if you use it? What do they suggest in pie crust recipes? How can a country not have Crisco or Whipped Cream?

"MMMMM," I just used the last of the roasted veggies on my spaghetti tonight, tasty.

I saw that it rained down there! Was doing the Dance Of Joy for you all!

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Cougars and mice,,,and everything nice...lol
everybody has to eat,,,,but a mouse isn't even a snack.....a rat tho' ??? maybe an appetizer for a cougar...
Kim, you might have been a main meal!!! so I'm glad you just gave the mouse a ride!

Did I tell you guys about the night I was standing on my little aluminium deck to the RV???
It was very dark out under the cedar tree...but I can see over the top of a neighbours shed and 5th wheel...
as I'm standing there,,,looking about,,,I sort of see a movement,,,like something dropping down from the cedar in front of neighbours place....I hear THUNK!!!.....hmmmm I go inside....
then I realize what I saw,,,was a blur of light colour...dropping down from the tree....
what would make that noise??? a cougar!!! Oh yes, dropping down on all fours,,,thunk as it lands on the ground...

the next day I'm telling some neighbours and they said,,,oh didn't anyone tell you...a cougar was spotted in the park yesterday... :shock: :shock: :shock: oh thanks guys!!!
We also have a bear that wanders thru every so often....but it at least stays to the outside perimeter.

I still don't think I'd like to be a city girl :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh,,,before I forget....Sandy,,,here's a link for your shortening substitute..
www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-substitute- ... -pie-crust

it doesn't mention this tip,,,but in case you don't know,,,when making any crust,,,the secret to it not turning out hard and like leather,,,,is in how much you handle it....don't kneed it like bread...
the less you handle pie crusts,,the better they turn out...mix it,,flatten it,,roll it,,cut it. fill it and bake it. quick like!!!

Talking about shortening and margarine tho,,,,I remember (60 + yrs ago),,,my grama would have to mix a little packet of a sort of orangy oil,,,into the pound of shortening,,,to give it a margarine colour....anyone else remember that???
that's what margarine used to be.....coloured shortening!! my how times have changed..eh!!! ;)

ideas popping....so I just goggled this...what is shortening?
answer...The term "shortening" technically refers to any type of fat that is solid at room temperature. This includes butter, margarine and lard. Shortening can be made from either animal fat or vegetable oil, but shortening made from partially or fully hydrogenated vegetable oil is more common nowadays.Dec 31, 2016

so why do we have to use "shortening" and not margarine or butter.....the answer came from within (believe it or not)
it's because pie crust would have a yellowish tinge,,,,strickly a 'visual' thing.

so then I asked...

What are the ingredients in shortening?
Soybean Oil, Fully Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Palm Oil, Mono And Diglycerides, TBHQ And Citric Acid (Antioxidants). 50% Less Saturated Fat than Butter* Crisco Shortening: 3.5g saturated fat per tablespoon. Butter: 7g saturated fat per tablespoon.

So with a little practise,,,and I'd suggest using smaller amounts,,,I think you will make excellent pasties Sandy!!!

btw,,,your crust recipie Kim,,,is one my mom used to make,,,it's ingredients pretty much match the Tenderflake Lard recipie.
I'm sure I have it written in my 'ancient' hand written recipie book,,,and I have it with me,,,so I'll look for it...

love for now,,,pp :love :love
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi gals,
well my recipie is very close to Kims,,,with just slight differences,,here it is

5 1/2 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 lb Tenderflake lard
1 egg,,,beat in a cup and fill with milk
add 1 tsp vinegar to egg and milk
mix dry ingredients well,
add liquid and blend with fork.

apparently nowadays that recipie is actually on the Tenderflake Lard box...but I don't think it has the vinegar.

but I have to admit,,,,making pies has pretty much gone out the window for me now and since I can buy pre-made Tenderflake
tart shells,,,I don't hand make them either anymore...
and honestly,,,the crust is just as good as what I used to make,,,,
let the young'uns do the hard work now!!! (and that's anyone younger than me..lol

Allan just came home from digging,,,so bye for now
xoxoxoxoxo
pp
Daily Affirmation:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hello, :hithere
Lynn, what are the odds us both having a cougar experience days apart from each other! :shock:

There is a bear that wanders around our area, but I've never seen it. A bulletin board across the street keeps us abreast of the latest sightings.

The recipe I posted is supposed to be able to take over handling of the crust, think because of the egg and vinegar. That's why it's helpful for less experienced pie makers. I don't remember having to add color to the margarine! Growing up, margarine was all we had in the house. Now days there is a butter flavored and color, Crisco to choose from. We usually use that kind for the pie crusts... Now I want pie! And vanilla ice cream, few pie flavors are complete without it!

Sandy,
Did you end up making pasties! We had chunk of roast left over, Dave asked if I wanted him to make more crusts. Told him, "I've had my fill of pasties," so ground it up and made hash for a breakfast dinner. He suggested cooking smokie links and bacon at the same time. :roll: Oh, Dave! You meat lover!

Best get moving on, have to go to town in awhile.

Love to all!
Kim :kiss:

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Kim,
Just a quick couple of notes,,,haven't posted my meditation yet (it's so scrambled)
anyway,,,not sure about the vinegar/egg to prevent hardening of crust...never worked for me if I overworked the crust, thot it might be more for keeping it refrigerated for reuse??? or making it more flakey???
Bears,,,nice a watch is kept on them,,,,they are territorial,,,and keep a set route,,,if one goes thru your neighbourhood you can almost guarantee it will go by again in about 12-14 days...like clockwork!!

We're having terrible winds again, since Sun night,,,might have got an hr sleep last night,,,I was up at 5:30 am, happened to be looking out the window, just in time to see a blue flash,,,then another one,,,then a really big one...figure a transformer blew in the park....shortly after the power went out,,,confirmation!!! got to admit tho,,they are fast around here,,we had power back by 8am.

The winds are supposed to be dying down by 5 pm today,,,then we have some almost windless days,,,till the next blast. IF we come back down next year,,we won't come back to this park,,,or anywhere in Bullhead City,,,2 winters of wind is enough. At least where we were didn't have this kind of wind all winter. We came up here because of the amenities ,,,which I don't get to use if the wind is up...so we will see!!!

time to go
love,,,pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Lynn,
I don't blame you for being on edge and thinking about finding another park. The whole purpose of going south is to have relief from the weather right?
Gees, it sounds like day after day of stressful happenings! I'd have a hard time meditating too!

The bear around here are mostly just a nuisance, tipping over garbage cans and such. A couple of years ago Aleah was walking my son's dog, bear sleeping under a tree by the road, was scared off by a little puggle barking at it. Boy, wasn't he proud!

Yesterday on the way home a beautiful big old eagle was sitting in a tree. Just as relaxed as could be, looking out over the bay. Dropped Dave off at his work in town and there ran a bushy red tailed fox across the road, acted like he owned the place. There are deer all over in town too. There's a doe that has had a fawn every year in the parks. Last year watched twins play for a long time. I feel pretty lucky to be able to experience so much wildlife here.

Hope the wind gives you a break, so you can relax like the eagle! Hey, when did you change your avvie back?

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi everybody,
The rain just stopped for a time. I should make a dash for the mail but prefer sitting here all nice and dry typing. We have had an enormous amount of rain, with Sunday bringing a deluge all day long. It has extinguished most of the fires all over the state but also is flooding people who a month ago left their homes due to fires. It seems extremes are at work these days.

Sunday the rain was backing up around the Rabbit Chicken area. It has a narrow channel it flows into behind the garage and when it rains hard it is like a water fall rolling down the back of the building. I am not quite as concerned as one time as the rabbits are on stilts now but Sadie is still on the ground with her hay. Thankfully the flooding never made it to her, but water was rolling under her hay bedding from the other side of the carport covering
I must figure out a way to keep her area a little dryer. Temporarily I have flat lids from Styrofoam crates on the floor with her hay over it. This has helped some but just a temporary solution. Ill probably make platforms so she is off the ground. She's a sweet tough little thing.
Lynn, what are the odds us both having a cougar experience days apart from each other! :shock:
:shock:
uh oh...There is a circus in town so if the unthinkable happens and one of their big cats escapes.... :shock: I could be seeing a cougar like creature too. But that is not going to happen. :lol: I was shocked that any circus is still boasting such wild animal acts.

Started raining again....
At least no wind like you describe PP. Yep, I'd be looking into other digs next year. :) How is the crystal collecting going? I was flipping around the TV late one night and paused on a show based around Jade hunters. They were finding entire boulders of beautiful Jade! I had no idea?

I till haven't tried making pasties yet. I started a low carb diet 2 days ago so no pasties for me for awhile...but George would enjoy that as a lovely change of pace. I tried clicking on the URL for shortening substitute but the page would not come up. I have a recipe I have used before that uses oil, though. LOL I just remembered though...I use it because it is easy and I am lazy you can mix it in the pie pan and just spread it out. It wouldn't work for pasties. Just to breakable.
I was shocked, even though I shouldn't be, at the ingredients in shortening. palm oil! :shock: That explains palm oil in so many baked goods in the store. It is coming from the shortening. I'll ask my landlord's wife, Margaret, what she uses in her scones. (biscuits) She was telling me a couple years ago she was making lemon scones with lemonade mix or something like that. (I love anything lemony) Still...I am not supposed to be thinking like that while on a low carb diet... :lol: :roll: My own fault... I threw caution to the win at Christmas.

Anyway I will keep all you all's tips in mind when I make G's pasty. I wonder can you freeze them (pasty's ? You know make several and save a few for future meals?

Okay gotta feed the magpies and entourage. They're begging for ten minutes so far...

love,
Sandy
We just saw there is a storm rolling through the US again. Stay warm and dry everybody. :hithere
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Kim,

We just saw on the world news that a terrible storm was crossing the United states with blizzard conditions and it was zeroing in on the Chicago area. I hope you and your wonderful brood are safe warm and dry while the winds rage around you. Please stay safe.

much love,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

oh your lucky,,,I saved this!!

How to Substitute Oil for Shortening in a Pie Crust

Countless pie crust recipes are available in cookbooks and on the Internet. Some of these recipes call for shortening, while others require butter or margarine. In a pinch, coconut or vegetable oil can be used as a substitution for a recipe that calls for shortening. Swapping oil for shortening can cause the pie crust to be less flaky, but it will still come out of the oven hot and ready to eat.

Add three parts vegetable oil for every four parts shortening called for in the directions. For instance, a recipe that calls for 1 cup shortening would use 3/4 cup vegetable oil. Combine the vegetable oil with the dry ingredients, such as flour and salt, all at once. The consistency of the dough will more oily and should be used right away or else the oil in the dough will begin to separate from the other ingredients.

Add 1/2 cup butter and 3/8 cup coconut oil for every 1 cup shortening called for in the recipe if you do not want to substitute vegetable oil. The coconut oil and butter should be cut into the flour and salt together with a blender or knife.

Consider increasing the amount of sugar and eggs in the pie recipe to counter the denser pie crust, recommends The Cook's Thesaurus. A pie crust made with oil will be greasier than one made with shortening or butter.

(for some reason I couldn't even get back there with that link)

and yes you can freeze your cooked pasties...just individually wrap them first....or put them spread out on a tray and freeze them, then you can bag them together after they are frozen.

It's a great way to have mini meals or snacks on hand at all times..

loves,,pp :kiss: :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere

glad to hear abut the fires Sandy,,,yes,,unfortunately too much rain brings other problems...California usually has major floods because of the erosion after a fire,,,

even places on Vancouver Island just recently flooded,,,there have been a lot of Pacific storms lately it seems...
it seems to be a sad state of affairs all over the world....

hey do you folks have a buy and sell like Craigs list down under?? or second hand places....
maybe the universe would supply if you asked.....I remember something about you going outside one day and there was something that was been thrown out that you needed,,,so you scooped it up,,,but I can't remember what it was :(

When we were in Germany I got an exercise bike,,,and peddeled like crazy,,,think I did 10 miles every day, with no tension on the wheels,,,,just free wheeling,,,and I lost 64 lbs in 8 months,,,,probably could have done it faster,,,but...
German food was so good,,,and the wine,,,and natural beer....yet I kept my calorie count down to 1200/day,,,but I ate whatever I wanted.... carb counting never worked for me,,,but I learned a lot in that 8 months...

1. no matter what you ate,,,,your energy output HAS to be greater than your energy intake......hence the exercise bike!
2. you need to eat all your food groups,,,every meal turns out you eat more food than you imagine you should,,

heres what I did,,,,
for 1 week,,,I wrote down everything I ate,,,,no guilt,,just write it down.
while you are doing that,,,,do some research,,,,find some little calorie or carb counter books (once upon a time you could find them at checkouts anywhere,,,now ????
then I made a column or 2 and recorded the amt of calories or carbs of whatever what went into my mouth!

the first weeks results were rather startling!!!

week 2 I made a list from the food guide,,,,dairy, meat, veggies, fruits, sugars, fats, carbohydrates and started planning!

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks a day....(forget the clock),,,your first meal is breakfast, no matter what time it is..
Kept a total of the cals or carbs,,,and kept to my limit. Sometiems I dropped it to 1000 cal/day as long as I got all the food groups.
You will be surprised how much food you have to eat to eat all your food groups and how you can actually stay within your limits.

and did 10 mi/day on that exercise bike

It didn't take long to learn,,,what portion sizes meant, what I could eat more of, and sneaky little tricks to keep me within my guidelines....but it was worth it...

we still enjoyed going out on Friday nights with a crowd to ...eat drink and be merry!! and 8 months later I was 64 lbs lighter!!!

so ask the universe to drop you off an exercise bike,,,,and have some fun...

Did I put it back on???? (I heard you ask) some,,,maybe 20 lbs over the last 20 years,,,,but I still get on an exercise bike (I have one that doesn't have handles,,,I'll send you a pic) it actually fits beside my bed in the rv and every now and then I pull it out and work on getting rid of a few lbs. why you can even air pedal!!! lay on your back,,,even on your bed, raise your legs and feet into the air,,,and pedal the air....it's the movement one needs to expend the energy!

The trick to the whole thing,,,even while eating healthy,,,is to expend more energy,,,than the energy you take in!!

Eating less won't work! your body figures it out and decides you are starving it,,,so it hangs onto the fat (stored energy)
I hope that makes sense!! it's a scientific fact!!

Hope that gives you some ideas sweetie,,,now I gotta get ready to head out for a buffet supper tonight!!
:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

loves,,pp :kiss: :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hey guys, :hithere
Wow, I missed a lot in a couple of days! Happy your area received rain, sorry it was so much! Hope things have evened outa little. :shock: We got about 6 in. of snow with blowing, 10 degrees out, so were fine.

Lynn you really did your pie research!

Taking into consideration there are different types of eaters, of course, one 'diet' does not fit all. We have to find out what works for each of us and figure out what is our motivation for sticking with it. If it feels more like a punishment, probably not going to last very long. I was down 47lbs, then started inching back up, so I'm back at it. Had to figure out what I was doing right and what I was doing wrong with my eating. Doing right? I love water and vegetables, trying new foods, and cooking my own meals., live too far away to skip out and have fast food. Doing wrong, too large of portions, not enough exercise, too much late night snacking, emotional eating.

Because of finally going to the doctor finding out I had high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol... to name a few. It was time to get real. If I want to be around for my grandkids and family, it was time for a lifestyle change. That meant exercise, diet change by reading labels(cutting salt, sugar and fat), planning ahead for meals, finding suitable substitutes when cravings hit, smaller plates, bigger water glasses, drag the exercise bike out of mothballs(I also like yoga and qigong)... digging deep to figure out how to let that go of the things that caused the problem in the first place, and then turned into habit. Sounds simple right!

The thing is, if it were simple, so many people would not be having the same battle. But, if we can love ourselves enough, we can believe we're worth it.

Here's to heathier living! :sunflower: ... and dancing when we feel like it! :bana: :bana: :bana:

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks for the inspiration ladies. :sunflower:

Actually, I found my treadmill sitting on the side of the road across the street. So I snapped that up or rather carefully and painfully dragged it down the driveway to the garage. (amazing how much teeny tiny wheel inhibiting gravel I came across on that manoeuvre) The same neighbour asked me months later if I wanted her exercise bike so yeah, :bana: I have one of those too. With all that said I haven't used them in months. :oops: It's a shame because I really enjoyed (enjoy might be too strong a word :roll: ) the treadmill. It was the kind that allowed the treadmill to raise and lower in a program as if you were actually out and about. I found that when it got hard and I needed to do a light jog I could close my eyes and pray for people to take my mind off it. LOL( I was pretty out of shape)
I believe too by increasing my heart and aerobic activity I improved my slow as a snail metabolism which of course helped me to burn calories more efficiently.

Sadly, though, last time I plugged in the ole dear she wouldn't start....soooo time to pedal 10 miles a day with PP. :D Thanks, lady, for the suggestion...just the encouragement I need to get more active. Funny I was just thinking about this this morning. I must have intuited your wisdom. ;) :)

I love vegetables... just about any kind... and salads but I must really force myself to eat fruit. Isn't that silly. You would think this sugar monster would enjoy the sweet taste. I think it is the juices that get on your hands. I am strange and struggle tolerating anything on my hands. I am always washing my hands when I cook and bake to the point of extreme. :roll: :roll

Thanks PP for investigating the pie crust options. :D That is some good information I can use for G's pasty.. It is true the oil in pie crust does make an oily crust. but it 's not bad. I would love to try the coconut oil combination crust... Some day soon perhaps. gotta get myself slowly off this crazy diet first. :mrgreen:

Okay this one is short (for me anyway LOL ) and not so sweet, eh? :hithere Have a great week end everybody. (It's Friday afternoon here as I type.)
Here's to heathier living! :sunflower: ... and dancing when we feel like it! :bana: :bana: :bana:
:bana: :bana: :bana: Sandy :bana: :bana: :bana:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Great you have that equipment available to you! Sorry about the treadmill. Same thing happened to me. I really enjoyed it, then it died. They're expensive to replace and take up so much space too. Ken found my bike along the side of the road, so I couldn't pass that up!

Having a goal of ten miles a day is a pretty steep learning curve. It's ok to work up to, but at first shoot for maybe ten minutes, especially if you haven't used those muscles in awhile... and your backside will thank you too! As a challenge to myself, if I want to watch television, while I do I have to get on my bike for at least 30 minutes. The time slips by so much easier, otherwise I'm a bored, huffing and puffing, struggling mess!

What is the reason you chose a low carb 'diet'?
Sandy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:56 amI must really force myself to eat fruit. Isn't that silly. You would think this sugar monster would enjoy the sweet taste. I think it is the juices that get on your hands. I am strange and struggle tolerating anything on my hands. I am always washing my hands when I cook and bake to the point of extreme.
I don't think you're strange, a lot of people don't really care for the taste of fruit, and many of us struggle with sensory issues. It sounds very stressful though. Where do you think this came from?

Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hello ladies, my work schedule is that i'm on sunday evenings now. i'll be changing my practice times. still here, just want to chime in and wish you all a happy sunday. kim, you've had some really cool experiences lately. thanks for sharing.

:loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Aw Eric,
I would be willing to switch times, if Lynn and Sandy could too. In meditation the four of us seem to be a team.

Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

no it's ok, i'm not sure how long this schedule will be and i will put my intent in the no time as we've done before.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

not sure if any of you got a jump start but I felt a lot of love through calm expression not to long ago. thank you if you're thinking about me, have a nice practice.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
I did feel a little sadness knowing that you wouldn't be with us in real time, but the connection felt in meditation was huge!

Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

yes, i saw. you've shared another beautiful and amazing experience. i find your want to let go of control while practicing interesting. i've battled with these thoughts too. often i try to escape my self. :lol: peaceful experience here. filling the heart up with gratitude. good night sister. :loves
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
The interesting thing is, normally I wouldn't think of trying to gain control in meditation! What happens, happens, spirit knows better than I. I'm not quite sure what was going on with me concerning this. Especially knowing it interferes with going into alpha and gaining and maintaining a connection. :roll: I realized that I'm used to extreme visual meditations. Believe the relinquishing of control was part of getting me used to focusing on the sensation of connection... strength of the feeling of being connected to a group. Ah! The Unity!

Hope you got a good nights sleep,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello :hithere

I've been a bit slow to get here. but been reading the fascinating meditations, Kim has shared from the meditations over the week end. Eric, I too was a no time this week. But I didn't let it worry me as Spirit has a way of connecting us in a way that time is not really important for the togetherness. I think as a human I am more comfortable, though, knowing that my spiritual family is in meditation as I am on the other side of the planet. It seems to erase a little of the vast distance. (if that makes any sense. :scratch: )
So I am willing to do group meditation on another day...really it is no trouble. I am rather flexible...with the exception (after all that LOL) of Mondays your time as that would make it Tuesdays on our time and that is the day we do our shopping. (LOL George says the shops are less crowded on Tuesdays...go figure.)

The Night of group meditation I felt a great need to do a healing ritual. The struggles of my parents, George, Laura, Eva and Elaine were weighing heavy on my heart. So I created a circle and worked in that manner.

I keep thinking about how Eva and Elaine must feel walking together on the beach in Florida. How important and special every little thing must be as you look with fresh eyes. I want very badly to be appreciative and notice the joys, small and large, that occur around me every minute. I do not want to take for granted my own life any more. Or for that matter the time with George and friends and family... Well, some day the family. Not sure when I will be able to go home again. I am smiling because I was just reminded of what I said just a paragraph or two ago..LOL Spirit connects us no matter the distance. (Truly I should have that tattooed on my hand or something. ai yi yi.

Anyway, I did a second meditation a bit later allowing spirit to lead where it may. I felt all of you... a strong connection and I felt as if I was being lifted upwards, light as a feather (which I am not hence the low carb diet. ;) ) I I also felt work going on inside my head. ... in the front.... pressures from the inside out...very strange. The visuals were simple energy beings around me...not exciting but there must have been work to do. I felt like something was being corrected.

LOL I wa determined to try not to lead the meditation. to allow spirit to lead where it would. I am thinking Kim that you are a very polite and caring friend and that perhaps in group meditation there is a part of you that wishes to make sure it is comfortable for everyone else. So maybe there is a part of you that is hanging on to us...lol perhaps we need that.. LOL I sure do...need all the help I can get. ;) :love

Okay lovelies... I'm thinking of all of you with a little prayer of gratitude within. :hithere
:loves
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere :hithere :hithere :hithere
yes,,,it's been a crazy week!!!
did the wind die down??? only for a couple of days...well,,,maybe 4,,,then back up again,,,we've just had another 3 days of it, but only up to 30 mph,,,lol
It seems like I've been doing a lot of "moving stuff around" too much stuff,,,even in this RV,,,but we are heading back north in 2 weeks.....yikes....good thing I started over a week ago!!!
You know those cans that when you open them,,,everything flies out at you??? lol,,,well now I'm stuffing it all back in the can...
problem is,,,when we get back to the Hat (the Malahat where we live) I'll be opening that can again... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also,,we decided to use our extended warranty and get the Air conditioners fixed......finished today!!! It was much easier to get it done here...

today we are having friends over for supper,,,,they are heading to (near) San Diego for 9 days,,and are leaving us their dog to take care of,,,,I think we can handle that,,,small/med dog,,,white, short curly hair,,,Jerry,,,he already knows and loves us.... we're looking forward to it,,,it's been 7 years since we've had a white dog around...(we had samoyed's) and he's a sweetie!! Allan has to do the dog walking!!! That was my stipulation!!!

gotta run,,,3D interrupting!!

loves pp
Daily Affirmation:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Lynn,
For some reason I have the urge to put a few of those 'fly-at-you' cans around the house! My family would LOVE IT! :D ... Especially our son Ken, who we can't even speak to until he's had a pot of coffee... Hmmm, maybe I'll get one labeled with his favorite brand? Seriously, the plan is coming together as we speak!...….. sorry just had a laughing attack thinking about it. Explained the idea to him(as he shuffled out to make his coffee). I was laughing like a hyena! His only reaction was giving me the Garfield stare.... Bet he'll think it's a hilarious idea!... after his coffee.

Boy, I was sympathizing for you last night. Dave and I went to the movies. It was only a block walk to the theatre, but the winds were gusting at 40 mph, wind chills were at 4 degrees F. It had been 36 degrees F, during the day, should have worn a snowsuit to the movie! Maybe not, probably would have turned me into a sail, The wind was at our back when it got out. Our legs could hardly move fast enough to keep up! Would not want to endure that for days on end, so sorry you've had to go through that. :sorry:

I remember your gorgeous dogs. Hope the dog sitting goes well, probably will stir up those old memories. Our family is a little dog crazy. The house bursts to over flowing around the holidays. Aleah keeps her cat in her backpack 'cause she's a little sensitive to all the canine ruckus. There's human and furry family EVERYWHERE! Aleah gave Ginger(our dog) a ruffled bow collar and tutu for Christmas, of course she(meaning Ginger) had to put it on immediately, fairly pranced about the room! On March 4, I'm going to Tucson with Dan, Rachel and the girls. Grandpa has to work and baby sit their two old puggles. I can see it now. Ginger thinks she's a lap dog and weighs fifty pounds, two more twenty pound grandkids piled up there should be a breeze! Hope your bonding with Jerry is a ton of fun.

Good luck on the sardine can stuffing! What is the weather going to be like when you get back? Not warm enough to use the air conditioners is it? Are you and Allen going to look around for a house of your own this year?
peacockplume wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:30 pmgotta run,,,3D interrupting!!
:?: :!:

Love,
Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Aaaah!
It's 12:02A.M. and all I hear in my head is, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed! No more monkeys jumping on the bed! Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, " NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THAT BED!"... In a Jamaican accent no less.

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em I guess. :bana: :bana: :bana: Decided to invite Mr. Banana Man to keep me company!... Anyone else?

Kim

"No more monkeys jumping on the bed..." His moves really take some concentration.