The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Secret

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
I remember that soup! It actually tasted pretty good if you added enough herbs, and of course having a Snickers Bar for dessert. That reminds me I bought Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough from Mari's fundraiser... they might be almost as good as a snickers!

Today it's so damp and windyI, I'm making a big pot of chili. Tomorrow I think the girls are coming over to make Thanksgiving pies, gaint apple and pumpkin. Pot stickers are Asian dumplings, so yummy!

Guess I'd better get to it, happy munching!
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hey Kim,

I will probably cut up my beautiful orange pumpkin and cook it on Wednesday saving the cooked pulp for a pumpkin pie. I am going to try and lighten it up a bit so wish me luck. I am not really having an official with all the trimming Thanksgiving. I am thankful but not in the mood for the brew haha since I am the only child here. I may buy a turkey steak makes some potatoes and if I put any effort into anything it will be a little stuffing. (My mom's recipe) It is important to be thankful in some way though. being thankful really helps to improve the ole outlook. Did you notice I did not mention making any vegetables? LOL (potatoes don't count.) LOL Shame on you Sandy! I'll probably just make some token green beans. ...

Love to all... :hithere
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
:lol: It's your Thanksgiving to do with as you like. :love You're tryng to make the best of it and that's what's important instead of focusing on the negative. Besides, the Law Of Attraction says, "Stop trying to improve yourself." Or something like that. We are our best selves by following our bliss, instead of forcing things on ourselves. Considering all you've gone through over the last couple of years, don't know if I could have done a fraction as well.

"You are a wonder to me my special, amazing sister/friend!" :loves Today is your day of Thanksgiving, I'm so thankful for you!

Hope the pie was equally as wonderful. :sunflower:

Love,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

((((((((KIM)))))))))

Thank you sweet sister.

Things are finally beginning to come together and I might actually be able to leave here within a few months. :finger:
Get this though...

This morning I took some copies of the business 2021 tax forms to the local accountancy firm doing my personal taxes (They have been waiting several months for these and the finally were ready last week.) Anyway, the accountant I had been speaking with is no longer with the local firm. Now this is starting to give me a complex as last March the woman I was working with for the business accountancy left too in the middle of my 2020 taxes and if that is not enough my original GP left years ago just after I visited her. She even left doctoring all together and my beloved current doctor is retiring in the next year. :shock:

How is everyone? I've been thinking about all you guys...just been a little quiet as I'm busy organizing a pick up of unwanted belongings next week and cleaning out my garage. The person picking it up has started a business recycling all kinds of unwanted stuff hoping to keep as much as possible out of the landfill. And it doesn't cost me a thing. :D So it is a win-win situation. After Christmas I will organize for a scrap metal pick up...might get everyone in the flats involved with that one...

Oh I just have to tell you... I am so happy and still patting myself on the back. ;) :roll: :)
Yesterday morning I looked up on YouTube how to rescreen windows. It looked easy enough and so, in a couple hours time I rescreened three windows and replaced them and rehung them. I now have a nice breezy apartment just in time for the summer heat. :bana:
I guess we can do more then we think we can...thanks to You tub eh?

Have a great week end everybody... :hithere

love,
Sandy window screener extraordinaire. :mrgreen:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
sammy

Post by sammy »

SANDY :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

That is GREAT news! Where will you be staying when you come back, I think we should arrange a meet up!

How exciting that you were able to fix your screens! I did that once years ago to a sliding door screen, I found it difficult to get straight, but after a few attempts it worked.

Enjoy your breeze!

LOVE!!!!
Sammyjo
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good day all! :hithere
Uh oh, the lights are blinking. Getting a lot of wind and a little snow. Think we got about 7 inches of the heavy stuff last night. Wow, those tree tops are swaying mightily! Might not get very far on this post.

I've been... unraveling a snarl. Has anyone ever immersed themselves in a new spiritual concept, then everything falls apart for a little while?

Like I said, "A snarl." I'm pretty good with knots, but it can take some time to untie the really tough ones. Felt like I had to withdraw for awhile to regain some balance.

Sandy,
So glad you were able to fix your screens! As I recall it can get pretty hot there this time of year. YouTube is a wonder!

The same has been happening to me with people moving on from the jobs I expect to see them in, businesses changing locations and upgrading computer programs. Which means they have no idea who I am when I call to make an appointment for one reason or another.

Maybe with you it's the universes way of saying it's okay for you to move on too?

Well, those trees are really swaying, better post while I can.

Love you guys,
:loves
Kim

sammy

Post by sammy »

We are having crazy winds too, but no snow, super mild here!

What is your new spiritual concept? Enquiring minds want to know!

Hope you get untangled quickly!

LOVE!!!!
Sammyjo
Heavensabove
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Heavensabove »

Sandy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:03 am ((((((((KIM)))))))))

Thank you sweet sister.

Things are finally beginning to come together and I might actually be able to leave here within a few months. :finger:
Get this though...

This morning I took some copies of the business 2021 tax forms to the local accountancy firm doing my personal taxes (They have been waiting several months for these and the finally were ready last week.) Anyway, the accountant I had been speaking with is no longer with the local firm. Now this is starting to give me a complex as last March the woman I was working with for the business accountancy left too in the middle of my 2020 taxes and if that is not enough my original GP left years ago just after I visited her. She even left doctoring all together and my beloved current doctor is retiring in the next year. :shock:

How is everyone? I've been thinking about all you guys...just been a little quiet as I'm busy organizing a pick up of unwanted belongings next week and cleaning out my garage. The person picking it up has started a business recycling all kinds of unwanted stuff hoping to keep as much as possible out of the landfill. And it doesn't cost me a thing. :D So it is a win-win situation. After Christmas I will organize for a scrap metal pick up...might get everyone in the flats involved with that one...

Oh I just have to tell you... I am so happy and still patting myself on the back. ;) :roll: :)
Yesterday morning I looked up on YouTube how to rescreen windows. It looked easy enough and so, in a couple hours time I rescreened three windows and replaced them and rehung them. I now have a nice breezy apartment just in time for the summer heat. :bana:
I guess we can do more then we think we can...thanks to You tub eh?

Have a great week end everybody... :hithere

love,
Sandy window screener extraordinaire. :mrgreen:

Hi Sandy, :hithere

So now we can call you The Bunnings Queen. :bana:

Well done. Youtube has helped me many times with odd jobs around the house.

Australia's loss is The U.S.'s gain.

Shane.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi everyone,

It looks like Kim and sammy might have had a fair bit of snow and cold settling in this week. We are still under cloud cover and rain of some sort nearly everyday. LOL It doesn't sound like the Australia most of us know and love does it? My grass is in need of cutting but after today's 30 minute deluge it isn't going to happen today... Funny thing though as I type this I am seeing a patch of blue sky out my kitchen window. Of course it goes without saying that I love it and all these cloudy rainy days....It could do this all summer and I'd still be smiling... hmmm that could make for a humid summer though.

Sammy a meet up would be lovely some day. I'd love to meet up with all of you before I leave this mortal body behind. (Just for the record I'm not planning or expecting that to be anytime soon. :roll ) Also I haven't tackled my screen door yet so any tips or tricks you used to do yours would be much appreciated. One thing the video I watched suggested was to duct-tape the screen frame down to the surface it is on. That made the job so much easier.

This week the man picked up a small electric van's worth of products from me for recycling. Shane, he told me he ordered and then received the van from Japan. :D I thought about you guys when he said that.

I hope everyone is well...Stay safe. :love

xxSandy
sammy

Post by sammy »

Sandy, YES! TAPE IT! I didn't know about youtube back when I did mine, and I ended up finally using painters tape.

LOVE!!!!
Sammyjo
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey sammy,

:lol: I came home yesterday afternoon only to discover the large window screen in the living room had about a yard of the rubber strip hanging
down from the window. Yep...one of those sneaky sulfur Crested cockatoos must have been bored while I was away. It was sort of my fault as I struggled getting that screen in. (Mostly because I was trying to fit it from the outside. LOL Once I put it in from the inside it wasn't so bad . but because of the frustration involved I accidentally put it in backwards so the rubber strip is exposed. I really will get on to turning it...its just it is such a large and heavy window that must come out so I can fix it. Looks Like I better do it today ith a chrismas tree now in front of it. LOL Yep, it doesn't pay to put these things off. sigh...

I am actually feel pretty good so far this Holiday season. :bana:

You know, living over here I haven't really been able to watch American football in years, but this morning I flipped the TV on and there it was...The Cleveland Browns playing Baltimore Ravens...grrr... well shoot...I had to cheer on my team. And as always Cleveland had to keep their fans on the edge of their seats. sigh LOL Thankfully for the Browns and their die hard fans they pulled it off.
Sorry if anybody reading this was a Baltimore fan. They really staged a good comeback in the fourth quarter.
Funny thing. I thought I would surprise my kids with a happy celebratory phone call, but when I called my son they were still watching in the third quarter. So I was an Australian spoiler. :oops: :lol:

On a very sad note. I was shocked yesterday to turn on our news here and to see the horrible devastation from the December tornados. People can't stop talking about it here so shocking was the long path of the tornado and the time of year it arrived. We have very few tornados here and they are generally small and short lived when they do occur. So to see towns flattened and the loss of life... It is heartbreakingly horrifying.
Our prayers are with those affected.

Love to all,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

:hithere
{{{{{HUG}}}}}

Sandy,
Dave tries to shield me from the really devastating news, but he finally told me about the tornados in Kentucky. So, awful… heartbreaking.

Texting from my phone so this will be short.
Do you know the best thing about high winds taking out the power for three days?

When it does come on at a motel your son owns! And he invites you to come over! “Ahhhh, how I greatly appreciate lights, hot water, jacuzzis, heated floors, clean beds, a fireplace,… and the internet.” And my granddaughters! Tonight their mom and dad have a fancy party to go to while we eat popcorn and watch Christmas movies in bed!… Nice clean warm beds, with clean hair.

Have a cozy weekend everyone.
Love to you all,
Kim

Heavensabove
Family

Post by Heavensabove »

Seeker13 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:59 pm :hithere
{{{{{HUG}}}}}

Sandy,
Dave tries to shield me from the really devastating news, but he finally told me about the tornados in Kentucky. So, awful… heartbreaking.

Texting from my phone so this will be short.
Do you know the best thing about high winds taking out the power for three days?

When it does come on at a motel your son owns! And he invites you to come over! “Ahhhh, how I greatly appreciate lights, hot water, jacuzzis, heated floors, clean beds, a fireplace,… and the internet.” And my granddaughters! Tonight their mom and dad have a fancy party to go to while we eat popcorn and watch Christmas movies in bed!… Nice clean warm beds, with clean hair.

Have a cozy weekend everyone.
Love to you all,
Kim
Hi Kim,

Thinking of you all, stay safe.

Shane.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everybody,

Just saying a big hello to everyone. I have been stretched pretty thin this past month helping my next door neighbour sort through her stuff and move to a new flat that is, thankfully, not too far away. While I am a little sad knowing Kelly will no longer be next door after 16 years. I also know it is in her best interests and life does that for us sometimes... sort of shakes out the "ole life rug" so new things, people and opportunities can be seen for what they are. So I am grateful for all we've shared and I am praying that blessings and happiness will abound as first she moves and then in a few months hopefully I will move back to the United States.

I have also been taking a few online seminars trying to get all my life ducks in a row... Of course, that doesn't always work out the way we think it will...but I am happy as I sit here looking at my little Christmas tree. Thankfully the "Christmas Spirit" isn't dependent on a smooth and trouble free life. :sunflower: :bana: :D

Enjoy that warm bed and Jacuzzi, Kim. :mrgreen:

...and Shane, is Santa officially on vacation yet? :D

Love you guys,
Sandy
Heavensabove
Family

Post by Heavensabove »

Sandy wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:55 pm Hi Everybody,

Just saying a big hello to everyone. I have been stretched pretty thin this past month helping my next door neighbour sort through her stuff and move to a new flat that is, thankfully, not too far away. While I am a little sad knowing Kelly will no longer be next door after 16 years. I also know it is in her best interests and life does that for us sometimes... sort of shakes out the "ole life rug" so new things, people and opportunities can be seen for what they are. So I am grateful for all we've shared and I am praying that blessings and happiness will abound as first she moves and then in a few months hopefully I will move back to the United States.

I have also been taking a few online seminars trying to get all my life ducks in a row... Of course, that doesn't always work out the way we think it will...but I am happy as I sit here looking at my little Christmas tree. Thankfully the "Christmas Spirit" isn't dependent on a smooth and trouble free life. :sunflower: :bana: :D

Enjoy that warm bed and Jacuzzi, Kim. :mrgreen:

...and Shane, is Santa officially on vacation yet? :D

Love you guys,
Sandy
Hi Sandy, :sunflower:

No Santa isn't on vacation yet.
I have two more appearances to go.
A Kindergarten on Thursday and a Department Store Photo Sessions on Saturday. Yes Christmas Day.

THEN Santa will be putting his feet up. :santa: :rendeer:

Shane
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Shane :santa: ,

It is a well deserved feet up and with enough special memories to keep you until Santa's journey begins again in the new year.

xxSandy
Heavensabove
Family

Post by Heavensabove »

Sandy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:35 pm Hi Shane :santa: ,

It is a well deserved feet up and with enough special memories to keep you until Santa's journey begins again in the new year.

xxSandy
Hi Sandy :hithere

Yes the feet are up and looking forward to catching up with alot of friends here in Japan.
I wish everyone a Very Happy New Year and that your year is full of happiness and joy. :bana:

Shane.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good afternoon everyone!
Thought I'd pop in here and send greetings from the US. :hithere I've missed everyone and feel like I'm ready to jump back on to the baords with fresh perspective! I've had some interesting happenings this past week, so I guess spirit is ready for me to get back at it too!

Shane,
Santa definately deserves to put his feet up! Well done bringing so much happiness to those amazing children in Japan. :roll :D :santa:

Sandy,
Did the move go smoothly for Kelly?

Mind sharing about the seminars?

How are your own moving preparations coming?

I love you guys, {{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}

Happy New Year! :colors: LUV2 :sunflower:

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everyone,

Yes, Kim, for the most part Kelly's move went smoothly. There are still a few small problems for her to iron out with the real estate company but she is all moved in to her new place now.
as for me wow...I am just beginning and it is a bit overwhelming. I spoke with Lytske last week who advised me to do just what I felt I could do each day and to not stress about it. So trying to stay focused on what I need to do each day and let go the huge pile up ahead of me. ai yi yi Now I am feeling overwhelmed again. :shock: LOL

A couple days ago I was feeling out of sorts and so I stopped and put on an old favourite movie of mine. Do you remember the movie (from the eighties I think) called "The Gods Must Be crazy"? I felt much better afterwards and ready to begin again.

Hope everyone finds plenty of blessings in 2022. :bana:
xxSandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
I don't recall seeing The Gods Must Be Crazy. Glad it made you feel better! I rarely get through a task without listening to something, either music,or audible book, lately it has been Abraham /Hicks. There must be hundreds of hours of Abraham/Hicks on YouTube.

Yup, insted of facing one huge pile, breaking it down into several smaller ones makes it so much easier. And don't beat yourself up pausing for shiny moments... because there will be shiny moments. Honestly, I wish I could help you. I'm the queen of starting in a corner and working my way outward. That was pretty much our whole year last year. I feel for you. The only advice I have is, "Keep your eye on the prize!" It will all be worth it in the end. Probably for the first time your life will be clean and organized. All primed and ready to get messed up again!

...I'm not sure if any of that was helpful or not. :shock: Just ignore it if it wasn't!

Kim

nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Just popping in to say a quick hi 🤚 Not been around for a long long while. Hope you are doing ok Sandy ❤️❤️❤️ I will now catch up on some old posts lol 💕💕💕

:hithere :loves :loves
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
sammy

Post by sammy »

Good Morning Family!

Glad to see all it well with everyone! All good here too. I can't seem to figure out why sometimes I feel like chatting away on the board and then go months where sitting down to type feels so daunting, but that's where I've been.

Sandy - Jack and I were watching a new episode of "And Just Like That" (in case you're not familiar it's Sex in the City and the characters are now in their 50's). Without giving too many spoilers, there is a character who lost her husband and in last night's episode she was having to sort through boxes in her storage unit. She had a friend with her who asked "OK, what is the goal for today?" They set up a goal of finding her sheets and a couple things to make the new apartment feel like home. Very quickly she came across some of his things that triggered her into deep saddness, so off they went with a lamp from the 80's, a pan and her favorite hat...no sheets. I guess I'm sharing that because it reminds me of what you just posted. I hope you enjoyed some popcorn with your movie!

We are "supposed" to go to Aruba for 2 weeks towards the end of January. Have to get PCR tested 2 days prior...very difficult to schedule a test here, so we'll see if it's meant to be! Brody will be returning to his home with Scott and Katie at that time, so happy and sad. Sigh. They have missed him SO much, they even decorated their tree with mini stuffed Brodys! Hopefully they now recognize the importance of putting him at the top of the priority list until he gets over the transition. :finger:

Getting our first real snow of the year today, it's SO lovely outside!

LOVE!!!!
Sammyjo
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Sarah!!!!!!!! :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

My God it is good to see you! :D I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondering how you and the girls (who are probably all grown up now) are doing. I hope everyone is safe and happy. Did you have a nice Holiday season? I was packing up George's clothes and what nots that were in his cupboard and found some cards sent to him that he chose to save. One of them was this awesome blossom-filled card that you and the girls sent him on his birthday years ago. It meant a lot to him. And of course, I saved it too. :D

Sammyjo, I saw on the news that you are getting a winter storm. I thought to myself, "Sammy will be enjoying that!" as I know how you like a good storm. :D My family in Tennessee has gotten two nice snowfalls so far this year. For them it is a rarity. Funny, though, I can remember as a kid we always had at least half a dozen nice snowfalls.
I hope you enjoyed some popcorn with your movie!
I wish... :( I started a low carb diet after new years so instead of the good stuff I tried to enjoy some dried sea weed chips. :lol: I know it sounds terrible but actually wasn't bad. Smelled a little like algae though. Had to hold my breath which is always a good idea when you are swallowing. :roll: :)

I hope it is smooth sailing for your Aruba adventure. I am sorry to hear you have to say good bye to Brody again. I hope he will be okay with the kids this time. I know they love him but he has such a strong bond with you.

I guess the hardest part for me with leaving Australia is letting my bunnies go... I spoke with their vet a couple months ago and she told me the long trip would be too hard on them especially with Teddy's age. She offered to de-sex little Dory and then rehome them offering incentives to keep them together. So fingers crossed when the time comes they will find a forever home with someone who will love them as much and even more then I do.
I don't think I mentioned this but my elderly chicken, Sadie, died on Christmas day. I Knew her time was coming, so I brought her inside with me and I was stroking her back when she passed four minutes after Midnight Christmas morning. I told her it was okay to let go and she should go and be with her sister and then sadly she listened to me. So all the outdoor hutches are clean and tidy waiting for the next residents. I'm just waiting to make sure nothing falls through with the vet before I give them away. If it does I may need one of them as I try on my own to find them a new family.

Kim, I wish you were here. I could really use some help. especially in the organizational packing/cleaning department. There is so much going on and all at the same time. It is rather overwhelming. but despite my complaining all is well. Besides...I suspect instead of packing and sorting we would find ourselves at the beach, anyway. :bana: :bana: LOL Actually that's not a bad idea.. :mrgreen:

So I'm committed to, "Keeping my eyes on the prize." which of course is those grandsons of mine. :D

All you guys stay warm and safe up there in the Northern Hemi

Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hello secret siblings :hithere :hithere
It’s been a LONG TIME since we’ve sat in the “shop”
Done some housekeeping and made everyone’s favourite drinks.
It’s been a hard couple of years for lots of us. Between a world pandemic and saying goodbye to some of our loved ones. It’s been a time that I’m sure none of us wanted to go through. Yet the trials were there and we all had our special parts. Now we are all moving forward again. A yr ago I thought I was one who would be going home but Mother, Father kept me here. The awesome surgeons had angel hands and I survived an 11 hr surgery. Today I spoke with the vascular surgeon and he said he was really pleased as none of the stents (9) were leaking, and the main aneurysm was shrinking. And my gratitude is overwhelming. I also had a mild cerebral stroke. Yet I overcame the disabilities almost completely back to normal. Yes. Great is the Gratitude!
So I’m going to do some sweeping around here and spend some time sitting out on the balcony. The kettle is on if there’s anyone who’d like to join me.
Blessings, pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Morning PP,

I would love a cup of herbal tea this morning. (really must cut back on my coffee consumption as I think t is hindering me a wee bit when I meditate. Think about it for a moment...it would be more difficult to get into alphas when there is a delicious chemical flowing through your system revving you up. I remember that was one thing my teacher asked of me many years ago. I was even helped when I tried to quit cold turkey in my AC. (I had a blazing coffee addiction headache that was relieved during the session.)

What a difference a year makes! I am soooo very grateful to Mother Spirit and Father for healing you and giving us all more time together. You may have no idea how much I have missed you. But if there is one thing our first group meditation has taught me is that we are always connected when we reach out in spirit to one another.

Oh in true Secret thread spirit, I want to share a drink my brother puts together.
he used to drink a lot of Mountain Dew, but now he puts together green tea, Mott's Apple Mango juice, and a dash of Tabasco sauce. It sounds really weird but he made me try it one day when I was poo-pooing it and it was pretty good.

Okay, I am off soon to visit my parents. The place looks lovely PP, thanks for opening it.
Sandy