The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Re: The Secret

Post by theunim »

Joining in! Would love to get to know you all better! :kiss:
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hiya PP and Theunim...
I don't think you guys should have to clean out all those cobwebs and dust bunniesall by yourself. So I'm in and giving you a hand with this big thread! ;) Now if Only I'd get the urge to do this" dusting task" here at the flat! :oops: Theres always tomorrow eh? :mrgreen:

PP I was wondering how your open house went a couple weeks ago? Any good prospects? :finger: (Theunim, PP and her husband have this lovely home on Vancouver Island with acerage and a lovely lake that they have tended for what is it PP, 20 years? Anyway, it has truly become too much for them and they wish to travel so as soon as it is sold they are off to parts known and unknown. :sunflower:
Hmm... thinking of parts unknown reminded me of another member Twinstar (John) who did that very thing about a year or so ago. He hasn't checked in for awhile. I hope his adventures are providing blessing after blessing. JOHN! I am sending you love where ever you are right now on this planet! :kiss:

Love to youdear ladies too... :loves enjoy all those moments today!
XX Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Elektrum
Busy Bee

Post by Elektrum »

:hithere
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

Hi Elektrum and Sandy!

Sandy, when I read what you wrote about PP's property, I imagine that it's really green...and has potential for those that have patience! I hope she finds a great person or set of people that will take care of the land and the home well! What does your living situation look like, Sandy?

My husband and I rent a house in a small town about twenty minutes away from where my husband works as an Electrical Engineer for the Air Force, and we have one roommate who keeps mostly to himself and goes back to his home town every weekend, since he's a Californian by heart. (Though, the roommate has some habits that annoy the heck out of us! But, what can we do? Maybe he will just move out when the lease ends or sooner than we know, right?) Still, we are glad to have a home like this but it does have some annoyances, like the food disposal in the sink likes to leak when there's too much water flowing through all at once, and the tumbleweeds just seem to want to blow into our front yard all the time. :grrr I think I'll be fighting tumbleweeds back from our place every so often, since it is the desert after all! We have a very big backyard, in our opinion, and a tree in our front yard...and right now, a sizeable amount of weeds. :lol:

Elektrum, where do you live? Can you describe it as much as you can?

:loves to you all today!
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Wow, that was a good start!!!!!

Only now it's Sunday for us in North America,,,,,

I hope Aqua Deb doesn't mind but I'm going to try do a nice thing she does when she drops in....so I best say HI to Aqua Deb first.....Perhaps she'll drop in and give us a huge catch up. :finger:

so I started to say Hi, to the first one in the coffe shop today....

Elektrum caught your :hithere ....since you came on very early this morning,,,,I hope you set some things up.....and right behind you was theunim.....

Sandy popped in swinging a broom,,,,but I don't think there was too much after the girls were in...

So here I am, almost noon on the Pacific Coast,,,,so I know Theunim is on the same time schedule...

Sandy however is already into tomorrow,,,,being in the land of OZ. Thanks for the update on John I didn't know he had gone travelling....he was from the City of Vancouver on the mainland... I STILL haven't learned to post pics here, everyone says it's so simple... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm expecting some compassion here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elektrum,,,,we're here waitin for your company :D,,,,thank you (by the way) for telling me what my name means in Cuban....

:shock: :shock: ooooooo!, there's a hint Theunim, of where Elektrum is or is from......oh yes, and her comments about the birds....

Well now it's noon, and I've had a coffee, a banana, and a fudge brownie.....heh heh heh! perhaps we should bring back some of those delicious cakes and desserts we used to have here....hmmmmmmm.

Sandy won't be up for awhile, so I'll have to save her something...

I'll be back soon,,,meaning today,(like not in a couple of weeks)...loves to you all...

pp xoxo :roll
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well !!!! You can see I haven't done that for a long time,,,and I'm not gonna fix it.....even with the easier way to do it.... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, my lunch (really breakfast) is calling, but as I said I will come back and tell you what's been happening here at Tranquility Base.

loves, pp :loves
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Just one more note.....

HEY,,,AthenaGrey,and LurkerAbyss I see you 8)

xoxo

ok, ok, I'm going to eat!

pp and happyrainis here now toooo.....yay !!!!! anything interesting happening you guys???? xo
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

theunim....you just had your 111 th post......good number there!

pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

PP, You crack me up! I just love it when you are on board! :kiss:
(((((HUGS)))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:lol: :lol: Hi ya {{{{{{{{{Sandy}}}}}}}}}},,,

finally got up did you,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: I knew I'd get a rise out of you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see Geoff's visiting too.... :hithere ,

Well, I'm about to call Laura,,,before she goes to bed,,she's on Central Time, so it's 10:39 pm her time...I better get to it...I'll try a link with you...

and I wanted to let you know what's going on with our 'not sold' house,,,,hoping for an offer from a couple who were just here yesterday.. that was short and sweet...will tell you more...

loves, pp
xoxo :love
Daily Affirmation:
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

'Allo PP! I see that I did make my 111th post today! Thanks for reminding me that there are hints of Elektrum's home on the board :)

See you later! I hope everyone's well. It is nighttime now...almost time for bed for me.
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hiya Guys,

Well I did get to have a fun visit with PP and Laura via a conference call that PP set up and was it good to hear their voices. Laura sounds good and her leg is healing ever so slowly but steadily. I just love her spunk! Many people after 6 months of healing would be fed up and maybe she has her moments but you would have never known it today. We all laughed and talked all over the top of each other. Mostly cause of the time delay between Oz and North America...(sometimes though because we all just plain wanted to talk at the same time. Loved it! :lol: )
PP I laughed when I saw what you wrote earlier. You know, we never did talk about your house and what is going on at the moment with the possible sale. :finger: ;)

Thank you for calling and making a great day even better! :kiss:

Hello Elektrum,
I am glad to see you found this chatty thread too. It has been still for a little while but I have noticed that has been the way of it...It grows for a time like an ocean wave and then rests as everyone seems busy with events surrounding them. It is always better the more we share with here and so I am pleased to welcome you to" the coffee house!" (Our kind of coffee or tea here won't hurt you. :) )

Hi Theunim,
I have photos of PPs place on my computer and if I get ambitious maybe she wouldn't mind if I posted one of them. (Course I have to figure out how first. :? ) It looks like sheer heaven to me with the woods and the lake but what we didn't mention were the wild stinging nettles that crop up all over the place in spring and summer. PP worked herself ragged keeping it fit and tidy and probably threw away a fortune's worth of nettle tea...

You asked about our place. Well we live in a small two bedroom flat on the banks of Lake Illawarra in New South Wales. The complex has a huge back yard (for suburban standards) and it has sort of fallen to me to take care of it as I love gardening and yard work. So from time to time you will probably hear me complain about the mower as I jinx every mower the landlord provides. Even the brand new one he bought for me in November has already had problems twice! :shock: I tell you it's not me! I am very careful with them. :mrgreen:
I have never lived by the desert and the idea of tumbleweeds fascinates me! When I was a kid I thought that would be the coolest thing to live by the desert and ride horses just like the cowboys who rode horses on the old western television shows I cut my teeth on. For the longest time I thought that was what the west was really like...people riding horses and saloon brawls...(well I suppose there still are saloon brawls huh? :roll: )

Well, I hope everyone has enjoyed something special in their lives today... :hithere
:loves
Love,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Good afternoon ladies,,, :hithere

I made it back :shock: I even hit the submit button instead of preview,,,,so now I'm in the edit mode to finish this post...
have we got a DUH smilie?? :elephant:

Elektrum
from Sandy (Our kind of coffee or tea here won't hurt you.)
no it surely won't,,,we can pile all the whipped cream and chocolate shavings that we want....and the most scrumpdilyiscious desserts you ever heard of.

Sandy
You know, we never did talk about your house and what is going on at the moment with the possible sale. I have photos of PPs place on my computer .
OK, here goes....I don't think we even mentioned it on the phone either, that call was more for you and Laura,,,I thought I stayed pretty quiet :shock: for me!!!

Yes putting our place on the market has been quite the experience...to say the least....and we've been taking pictures as we've been going along...changes, changes, changes.
I certainly can't remember what pics I sent you,,,probably the early days....I'm just waiting for some sun to take new ones.

Allan has power washed the house,,,,it being cedar and we wanted to keep it natural,,,what a difference....he painted the whole inside walls,,,before our ops....him with a break in his right arm and all.....he put in a new tub and surround in the bathroom downstairs, plus new lino there and through the laundry room downstairs......plus new carpet in what was 'my space' downstairs.....through xmas, we had all the ceilings painted. the painter was so tall he didn't even need a ladder for the vaulted ceilings..... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After xmas we (he) finished tearing down the dog kennels and runs,,,I even took pictures of that process.....that was a bit :cry: :cry: :cry:
the true end of an era with our Sammy's,,,,but hey, I have tons of pictures which bring back memories...and no, I don't want another dog...it's kind of like when the kids grow up and leave home,,,,it's time for US :king: :queen: :D :roll :bana: :bike: :bike:

we listed it 'by owner' to begin with, and we should have waited....live and learn....but it did accomplish one really big thing...I got it de-cluttered before my operation,,,cuz after it I was quite immobilized....could do some one finger poking on the computer, but not much, it tired me out and strained my neck and arms,,,,hence,,,you very rarely heard from me here.. :cry: (and I need a break right now)

You just can't imagine what a nightmare that de-clutter was,,,and fortunately I had two good friends help me,,,,and they got first pick..then it just got sorted as 1. to keep, (storage and to take with us) 2. give away, and 3, just gone. When we get to do the last clear out, we'll donate to a free store,,,ie furniture etc...

probably the hardest things to say goodby to,,, are the lake and my hot tub.....wahhhhhhh :cry: however,,,I'll make do,,,I always do...I'll just find new friends with one where ever we travel,,,,or the occaissional hotel's hot tub...or some nice hot springs as we travel along :bike: ...yep that sounds like the best idea so far,,,find some hot springs after a day of rockhounding....ohhh yeahhhh :mrgreen:

Actually there will be lots of things to miss but remember happily.....like the eagles stealing the trout out of our lake...a barred owl who posed for me,,,,and a baby great horned owl, who left me 3 feathers one day,,,,,the young fawns, that every early summer Mom would bring them out of the woods and teach them where all the good stuff is to eat....yep you guessed it,,,,anything that came up...daffy's, iris's,,,,anything that was just budding out :x

theunim
I hope she finds a great person or set of people that will take care of the land and the home well!
Yes me too,,,however I can't really be demanding about it,,,,other than asking my angels to please bring the right people....after that...what will be, will be...

We were fortunate enough to have the property for almost 20 yrs...it was completely wooded and we had our dream and dream home. Now it's time for a new part of life......one that doesn't include weeding stinging nettles (since the deer wouldn't eat them.. ) :bana: :bana: right now I'm looking out our big picture windows at the greenery you mentioned,,,the lilac, maple trees are budding, and I hope we see some blooms on the Empress tree....it blooms before the leaves start, a beautiful light lavender flower that hangs like fox glove,,,,but we had some freezing weather that might not permit it this year,,,,we might get a few :roll:

and I'm just an ole hippy at heart,,,,only instead of bumming around like back in the 70's....we'll be travelling in style :bike: I'm just pleasantly surprised that Allan thought it was a good idea too!!! :bounce:

Sandy I'm even getting a half baked idea to visit Oz and rent an RV there....with me,,,,you just never know!!! and I'll wangle Laura into coming.....just as soon as we get rid of our walkers... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well this was a nice afternoon at our International coffee shop,,,and I even left some of Sandy's applecake,,,,OMG was that good!!!
my bundt pan is coming with me.....

loves to all,,,pp :loves
Daily Affirmation:
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Hello my loves, my doves, my beautiful ones :hithere :kiss: :sunflower:

Wow, just coming to this thread now, I feel like I have been missing out on all the fun! :lol: :roll Hope there's room for one more in the coffee-talk circle ;)

Sandy wrote:I have never lived by the desert and the idea of tumbleweeds fascinates me! When I was a kid I thought that would be the coolest thing to live by the desert and ride horses just like the cowboys who rode horses on the old western television shows I cut my teeth on. For the longest time I thought that was what the west was really like...people riding horses and saloon brawls...(well I suppose there still are saloon brawls huh? :roll: )
Oh Sandy.. what you thought as a kid is what I have mused over quite a bit in my current youth. Yes, even today, as "plugged in" as I am to the digital age and modern way.. I still look to the popular mythical view of the "old Wild West" as a fantasy life. Of course, I'm aware that there was obviously a lot more to those times than what was so portrayed in the spaghetti film classics and gunslingin' tunes.. but excusing the desperado and saloon imagery, it is still a maybe-it-won't-happen-but-wouldn't-it-be-cool dream of mine to own a ranch somewhere peaceful down south (of the States, that is) and perhaps.. tend to horses, while working in my own home music recording studio... oh dreams :roll :roll :roll :roll

Well, love and hope to all of you wonderful persons

Love
Lucky
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Oh you most certainly welcome Lucky!!!

Just don't forget, if you are the first to come into the 'shop' you gotta put the coffee on....and maybe some treats...

Now I know who I left some of that applecake for.....you can be sure that if we get down around Lake Simcoe, I'll invite you over for some.

re the 'tumbleweeds' and spaghetti westerns....it was kind of neat for theunim to mention
the tumbleweeds just seem to want to blow into our front yard all the time.

we have another 11r who lives in southern Idaho,,,,who has the same desert and tumbleweeds,,,,and for some reason I couldn't picture that in both places.....probably because I had gone skiing at Sun Valley in northern Idaho,,,,and often think of the redwoods in CA...so other than beaches,,,,the idea of desert in both places just didn't compute,,,,but it does now....

loves to you all....pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Woohoo! Applecake!

How often do you get to make your way out to "good" ol' Lake Simcoe, hmm? These plans are most definitely in order

Hmm I just had a thought based on what you said about starting the coffee, PP.. too lazy to look and see if this came up, but how do people here prefer their tea or coffee if they drink it? The subject often amuses me as there are people like myself, who have no problem with black coffee but then can not stand the thought of a "triple-triple"..

Love
Lucky
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere Lucky

I'll have to get that recipe out, it's originally from Sandy she gave it to us a couple of years ago and the first one I made we ate within a couple of days,,,it was so goooood !!!! of course it's the kind of thing I make in the fall with apples picked from a tree (by me) I only get store bought under extreme duress :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coming that way depends on which way we go to pick up the RV in Iowa,,,,but we do want to go to Niagra Falls,,,I've actually never been....and I lived in the TO area for quite a few years.....

It just depends on when we get to leave here,,,,at this point we can't make a plan,,,not a solid one for this year, but we plan (in general) to travel Canada in the summers and hopefully be in a warm place for the winter....so there will be many trips....

Now about the coffee thing....if your first in you just use your imagination.....anything goes,,,we just make it up as we go and have fun. someone might ask,,, is there coffee or tea on.....or just ask for whatever they want....it's just fun....then we get into story telling...

So we'll see you tomorrow,,,,I think you're 3 hrs ahead of me,,,,but I'll try to check in before noon your time....

blessings....pp :loves :sunflower:
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everybody,
I've put a fresh pot of coffee on and water is warming for Tea... I would like your opinion on my latest low carb experiment in the bakery department... Chocolate walnut cookies... They are smallish but not loaded with too much sugar or fat for those who are watching their weight. So dig in without the guilt! ;)

PP, Its funny you mentioned that apple cake. George and I were just talking about it a few days ago.... Dreaming about it, really...Both of us were thinking of all the contriban food we would love to eat right now and that one was top of our list! ( I have to laugh because as if it didn't have enough sugar, butter and yummy stuff already...I now, after your fine example, make a double batch of the caramel glaze. Actually, I would be happy just having a bowl of the glaze! :shock: Yes, I, like many of my fellow countrymen and women can really handle their sugar and eat most people under the table where desserts are concerned. :lol:

My goodness! You guys have done an enormous amount of work since I last talked to you. (about the house anyway... ;) ) How is Allen's arm these days? Has it healed completely or does he still have stiffness and pain from time to time? Hope all is well. I'd say by the time you guys get it sold you will both be in need of a vacation and a camp ground or hotel hot tub! ! Well, I pray what ever happens is for your best good! I have to tell you I would love to see you guys in Oz some day. :D In the meantime, we are together in the spirit airways...and via the internet.. In many ways we are blessed living in these times...

and that gets me thinking about Lucky's post and the "Olden days". Yes, from what I hear it was a bit wild and the town's streets full of mud etc... Still, how neat it would be to experience different eras in human history... maybe as a mouse in observation. I think we do have access to the Akashic Records but to be honest I am sure how one goes about it. George is so blessed some times. He get to see things quite often that folks and celestials are discussing as they are discussing it... For instance, in 1972 he was allowed to see Adamson's village of 37, 000 years ago. cool 8) and more recently was allowed to view Abraham's encampment of old. It was very hot and the women were busy working over a huge cooking pot. Their skin was beautifully painted to distract one's eyes from the fact they wore no tops... Well something like that. :lol: Abraham, when asked by George about the pot, had to pause a moment, check with the Midwayer assisting as to what George had seen and then replyed that that pot belonged to Sarah and was a gift from her mother. (I have a rather cheeky husband Huh? ..but we are a curious lot eh?)

As for me, I have often dreamed of living on a small farm ... working hard which I know how to do and living simply. I just love chickens and I don't mean to eat... well, at least not anymore. :) So I suppose that could be a problem as my future named and much loved laying hens on my imaginary farm retire. I couldn't let George eat them! Not after looking into their eyes and loving them, so Imagine a retirement community for chickens... :mrgreen: :shock: Same with other farm critters...Maybe I'd better stick to a greenhouse garden or something... suits me.

Sandy
LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Good day everybody :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

PP,
Niagara Falls I *highly* recommend. I've been a few times, and it really is something. Whether you're a sight-seer, nature lover, or a socialite, adventurer, partyer, there's something for everybody from the "strip" to the Falls itself. To be honest, part of it brings out the childish thought in me when I am there and think to myself "How cool is that, right now I'm in Canada but if I was just over there I'd be in the US!". And speaking of Canada, somewhere I *haven't* been is.. anywhere outside of Ontario. I mean, I've been through a handful of the States and had the fortune of experiencing a good deal of Mexican and Carribean locations, and yet I've barely even seen my own country which is supposedly one of the gems of the Earth. Well, it seems everyone wants to travel somewhere.. so with all these possible travel plans or whatever may come, some of us are *bound* to run into the others along the line in this lifetime! Now if only we could all be in the same place at the same time one of these days.

Sandy, I'm with you on the farm thing girl and for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Working hard, but living simply. That's pretty much "Lucky" to a tee, and it sounds like you and I would see eye to eye on a lot of lifestyle ideals! I've always loved the idea of something like farm work where you're in a remote area and you wake up early every day and just spend hours doing what you've got to do, but all the while it is like this peaceful and spiritually pleasing experience. To each their own, for sure, but I would choose that in a heartbeat over filling up a cubicle space and spending the rest of my life trying to see where I can get on the corporate ladder.

You also brought up the Akashic Records or Memory which is a fascinating subject indeed, and I ponder this all the time. I truly believe that a better understanding and manipulation of this concept on a human species level would greatly propel other facets of evolution. Not to get too science fiction sounding here, but I've had a nagging thought.. I feel like, to some extent, these Akashic Records hold some bits of the future as well as the past. Yes, call me fool, but I have a hunch that it may/would be possible to have glimpses of the future. Not necessarily what *will* be, but to see the potentials of what could be.. I mean, there's not a single human thought that goes to waste or goes "under" the radar, all is known and recorded in this Universe and I'm sure that there must be who-knows-how-many alternate dimensions where thoughts actually come to life and take place. I'll stop because I could go on and I don't want to confuse anybody, including myself for that matter.. but my breath is always taken away by the notion that this is such a Universe of unlimited potential and creation!

Oh dear.. pardon my rudeness.. it seems in my rambling, my manners have eluded me and I've managed to work up a trail of chocolate walnut cookie crumbs all over myself :oops: :lol:

Love
Lucky

luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Oh, how I wish I could post more here! I'm at work and just check here and there when I can. At home, I have to fight two teenagers for the computer. I just want you all to know how special you are to me, and how much I love this place. You ALL are creating a better world out there.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

AHH! I was away from the computer last night and I see that there's been a bustle of activity since then! Yay! I would like some recipe exchanges! Although...I will have to dig into a cookbook that I haven't used yet and contribute the healthier dessert options (trust me, doesn't sound too bad :) I met the author of the book and sampled what she made from one of the recipes, it was good!) That applecake sounds like it'd be super delicious, Sandy, please keep me in mind when you feel like broadcasting that recipe? :D

PP, I'm starting to imagine that your place is ENORMOUS now, :o and what a home. But, I like your attitude about being able to look forward to the next adventure and letting go of a place when you know it would be better for you and your loved ones to just move on and out. :) What will you be doing about mail forwarding, though?

RE: desert around CA - I don't live too far from the Mojave Desert, which itself is pretty big and covers part of the western US. I also don't live too far from the San Andreas Fault. :roll :roll :roll (We just got renter's insurance and thankfully, it covers earthquakes, so we're okay, mentally speaking, about having ourselves covered in the material home sense.) I haven't viewed many spaghetti westerns but I do like the ones I've seen about the west and some of them are downright funny while other ones are "HUH? Did towns really look like that?!" But, with that said, when my husband and I first arrived, we kind of couldn't help ourselves and were impressed with the completely different environment, and at this time we are still very glad to be here. (We came from NYC :lol: ) PP, the desert area here in CA is beautiful! I hope you will be able to travel and see for yourself, as well as anyone else interested in traveling to CA and the like of western USA. I did hear that part of Idaho was a desert, but I couldn't believe that when I heard about it! Now, I guess I will probably have a chance to see it since it is closer for us.

I love tea and drink it hot, cold, with or without sugar, and if the time and place allow this, I drink iced tea with tapioca in them (so the tea is then called "bubble tea" or "boba"). I have in my possession at home at least five to seven different teas (I'm not going to get up right now to count, it's not that important anyway :) I take my coffee with sugar if turbinado sugar is available and milk if I know the milk is good (sometimes I have a very bad reaction to milk- slightly intolerant to lactose!) and if neither are available or trustworthy, then I just drink the coffee black. I've learned to appreciate some coffees better like that.

Lucky, that kind of home sounds awesome! Make it happen! ;) and Sandy, your commentary about chickens made me remember what I was thinking about last Friday night, when I was prepping a whole chicken for the oven. As I was examining, washing, and eventually prepping it, I started to feel a little sad about making it to eat, but it wasn't even through my hands that it was in my kitchen like that, we bought it from the store. My husband even had to rein me in, he said, "Oh no, don't tell me you're feeling guilty about the chicken, it's dead already, and there's nothing you can do about this particular one." He's right but STILL! :lol:

I have a feeling I won't get along ever on a giant corporate ladder concerning a cubicle. I'd like to be at a desk instead in a room with space! aka boss-lady :lol: :roll :roll :roll But seriously, I like smaller companies and better goals than just making sure the bottom line's held up. One of my dreams that would be great to accomplish is to have enough money to invest in other people's dreams and help them make their businesses happen and all that. Maybe later, when I'm established in whatever field I'm working in and manage to earn enough for mine and my husband's lives and have the extra needed for this goal.

Time for meditation, I'll try to be back later this evening!
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

I have this ecstatic feeling inside where I just want to give everybody here a big huge warm fuzzy group hug!

:sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

Love
Lucky

peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:lol: wooohoooo everyone !!!!!

look at what I just found.......

Fresh apple Cake

1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup pecans or walnuts

Mix oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients, and blend with first mixture. Add apples and nuts. Pour into greased bundt or tube pan. Put cake in cold oven and bake at 350 F degrees (180 degrees C) for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from pan still warm. Cool completely and glaze.

It says to completely cool......but when I make a double glaze I put half on when warm,,,,as it soaks it right into the cake....then when it's cooled I'll pour the rest of the glaze on it.... mmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmmm!!!!

Fresh Apple Cake Glaze (Sandy and double this Glaze)

1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoon milk

Mix all together. Bring to boil and cook until slightly thickened. Pour over cool cake.

I was looking for a smilie I used to use for a group hug on the continous Circle of Light thread,,,,,and up popped the cake.....

I didn't even get to try out the cookies........I'm following Lucky's trail of crumbs.

Lauraa and I were just talking....we hung up and I read a msg from Michael,,,,,began to drift away and the phone rang,,,,I forgot to turn off the ringer...

it's 2 pm, and I really need a snooze,,,,so I'll just have to come back to chat later.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS,,,,Hi Clare......teach those kids how to time share hey!!! and if they won't.....cut them off......set a boundary or two.....(mean ole mama here :lol: )

Hi theunim and Sandy,,,,,I just gotta have that snooze..... {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{sorry you guys}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} that's the best hug I can zzzzzzzz muster zzzzzzzzzzzz up zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Hi PP! You are so right about teaching my kids to "timeshare"....but, I have to admit that because I'm on the computer all day at work, I really don't have much desire when I'm home! I am so blessed to live here in South Florida where I can be outside all year around and enjoy nature, the water, the sky....I just love being outside!

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

luvinlife wrote:Hi PP! You are so right about teaching my kids to "timeshare"....but, I have to admit that because I'm on the computer all day at work, I really don't have much desire when I'm home! I am so blessed to live here in South Florida where I can be outside all year around and enjoy nature, the water, the sky....I just love being outside!

Love, Clare
:sunny: Must be nice! :lol:

It has recently just stopped snowing, but everything is still all dead and slushy, and I'm sick and it's still too cold to enjoy being outside. :cry: :cry: :cry: I wish I was in Florida!

But there's no use complaining, and every place is a treat of its own, so I'mma just get the pot of coffee and some boiling tea water started here and enjoy life 8) :bike: :bana: :sunflower: Some classic blueberry muffins, anyone?

Love
Lucky