The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
aqualeaf
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by aqualeaf »

Ooops, everyone, I think that second link in my last post is to email Oprah! Here's what I think is the real link to the video highlights! Doh! :roll: :

http://oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200702/ ... 0208.jhtml

Love to All,
Debbie
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hi aqualeaf
Thanks for the links I have sent off a email to find out when we are going to see it in Australia.
MO you are so lovely :lol: and I am happy your love is OK...
Also hi to everyone else was the show really that good? sounds like it was amazing, can't wait...
better go I am really tied and mother arrives tomorrow for 10 days, suits me she has an addiction to pills and doing all the washing and ironing, God bless her cotton socks :albino:
love gypsie
Love is an action and not a word...
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Wow!
There's so much to respond to here and I'm in a time crunch!

Sandy,
It's so wonderful to have a good laugh before I start my day. And my family frowns when I ask to Fabreze the dogs!

Mo',
How about a rock on a lettuce leaf? Um, ever heard of stone soup? Woman! Don't you know that your pretty darn near perfect already? And I'm not babblin'!

November,
Your avatar radiates friendliness and makes me smile everytime.

AJ,
I hope you got a good hearty breakfast in ya!

Aqualeaf,
How was the lima bean fudge? And thanks for the Oprah link, of course I forgot to program the VCR.

Gypsie,
I visualize you darting all over the place trying to fulfill everyone elses needs. My Mom used to say, "The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get."
Everything comes in it's own time.

Petra,
What's the news from Phil?

Well, I have a Winter Carnival to go to. I'm running the Lucky Sevens Game. Can't imagine what that's about, since it's for the kiddies? Oh, for breakfast I had a Mom McBagel. That's a toasted sesame seed bagel, with cream cheese, and scrambled eggs on top, no bacon though, or fire extinguishers!

Love you all,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello Kim!
Mo',
How about a rock on a lettuce leaf? Um, ever heard of stone soup? Woman!
:lol: Truth be told, it's going to be a surprise for my husband when he gets back from Alabama... and just in time for Valentines Day LUV2

So far I have lost 11 1/2 inches and my usual pants are getting looser... soon I will be able to wear pants I haven't been able to wear for over a year :wink:

I am stoked and feeling good!
Don't you know that your pretty darn near perfect already? And I'm not babblin'!
Ahh thanks sweet sis, but I feel like I've got a long way to go and a short time to get there :rabbit:

All Love to You Dear Friend!
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Veronique
Busy Bee

Post by Veronique »

I've just conducted a "search" to see if "The Secret" had already been discussed which led me to this thread... Yesterday I was browsing through Oprah's website and found the notes on that particular show (which aired the day before!) and recognized that as Geoff said, this "Secret" is nothing new and should not be referred to as a secret really, regardless, I was fascinated to find yet another source of positive information to "bathe" in psych into...

Then I picked up a book I also bought 2 days ago - The Pursuit of Happyness - by Chris Gardner (it was made into a major motion picture featuring Will Smith and his real-life son). I started reading this book yesterday and finished it this morning! It is a page-turner... I know this is not the forum to discuss good or inspirational books, but this man's life reminded me of the positive thinking/law of attraction "secret". If anyone's life should have gone wrong, Chris Gardner is among them. So I encourage anyone with a little bit of time and the desire to be inspired with one of those larger-than-life successes coming from below ground zero by using a natural gift of positive thinking, read this book.

Also, it is a tremendous example of how even in the worse conditions, our parents can either make us or break us with only words. More people should put this "secret" into practice - myself included. :lol:

Love,
Véronique
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hi Veronique!
I saw the movie they did on his life! I cried on many occasions while watching it. What an amazing and marvelous man! I plan to buy the DVD when it comes out... for those times when I am feeling down in the dumps or overwhelmed :D

It is good to see you around :love
Love
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Seeker13 wrote:
Petra,
What's the news from Phil?
Dear Kim and All, here is Phil's latest email...

. It is sunny here with a blue
sky. In El Chalten with Wanda we did a trek everyday and even found some
cherries. There was snow too on the mountains to quite low altitude and
apparently the Poincenot campsite had 17 cm of snow where people were
camping. We were lucky as when we went up it was sunny and we saw Fitz Roy
and other peaks all day. The weather changes quite suddenly with blasts of
cold wind from the continental ice shelf. I made asado and we ate well,
they make their bread and Guido made a stew one night. On the last day,
Wanda drove me to Lake Viedma and Bahia Tunel which is where she used to
work on the boat which takes people to see the Viedma glacier. We had a
good laugh again. The next morning I caught the bus to go to Perito Moreno
which is on the west side and stayed in a hotel there. The next day we
traveled to Bariloche, stopping for toilets and food on the way. We did
1500Km on tarmac and tracks through scrub and hills and saw many guanacos,
choiques and very nice clouds. There were also some wetter spots where
there were streams and farms near those. Also rivers sometimes where there
might be a small town, but most of the time quite empty. There was snow on
the mountains around Esquel.

I'm such a lazy cow to paste half of his email. But I thought his words are better than mine.

Pet xxx
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Petra and your at home looking after those geese?????
I would have crawled into his suitcase, what a romantic you have and those words I thought I was reading a page passage from a book :roll:

Harry wrote in my birthday card in November

"If I didn't find you I'd still be looking for you, to my beautiful wife"

I out wrote my gratitude list about him 2 days agos like the secret suggests and guess what?
I love him all over again :oops:

Hi veronique glad you found this thread it's so positive I am learning so much. Like how to let off a fire extinguisher in an animals face, how to chase rabbits around wollworths, how to cook rock soup, see cool a avator, get inside info on the secret (which is a secret in itsef) :scratch: make lima bean fudge (I'm not so sure about that one) :shock: read romantic notes from loved ones, learn about a parrot who flew into Sandy's life and another parrot who thinks he's a telephone and it goes on which a feeling of closeness which brings a feeling of belonging and ultimately love.

What I truly get from this thread is a group of people from the entire globe who are striving for positive solutions which in turn create a feeling of belonging, love and acceptance.

I know it really wasn't a secret as such but to have a tool like this in my toolbox is refreshing. I also am finding it is spilling over to my children.... :bana: :bana:

Isn't it a wonderful day when we can go over some of the inspiring threads here and walk into our days knowing we are linked because of 11:11 and no longer need to feel alone.

Much love to all who post here and to the beautiful souls who take the time to read a thread like the secret. What I have gained from this is a stronger emotion of hope for the future I wish every person who looks at this board to know they are not alone.

Gosh that was deep where on earth did it come from, I'm crying but they are positive tears because I feel deeply because this site may create a family for the people out there who are feeling alone ( like I was). Welcome to this amazing family and thank you George and Geoff and all admin for giving this gift to us all so unconditionally as I know you worked hard to create this site and even harder to keep it going....
Much love Gypsie :kiss:
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Did it again Sandy forgot to check my spelling and mistakes :oops:
Never mind
Veronique
Busy Bee

Post by Veronique »

Morning Light wrote:It is good to see you around :love
Love
Mo'
Hi Mo', I'm never too far away; the first thing I do every morning is fire up the computer to check the latest message posted on the List Op, and then it's on to the message board... then when I look up, it's usually about an hour later!

My love to everyone here,
Véronique
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello everybody,

It is raining cats and dogs outside right now and it is music to my ears. It has been a long time since we have had any measurable rainfall here. Been over a month hasn't it Gypsy Deb? I want you all to know, I am trying to be very positive here but I just lost the almost complete version of this post. It was my fault, a dumb mistake and I should have known better. Just for the record never hit the refresh button while you are in the middle of writing a post. :cry:

Hi Aqua Debbie,
Still haven't done what I planned yet and started some type of an exercise routine. I will though. I am very stiff right now from years of non exercise so those stretches sound like a good idea. I have noticed lately too that I have a tendency to hunch my shoulders a little bit. The last time I visited my sis, she told me, "Look at the way you are sitting!" I looked around...my legs are femininely crossed..check.. buttons are all buttoned!... check ...all four legs of the chair are resting on the floor...check. I looked at her sort of puzzled and she said, "You are all hunched up like an old lady!" I thought that was rather cheeky coming from someone who is two years my elder and nearing the big 50! but she was right! She later showed me some things I could do using a door frame that could help to undue the damage and loosen up those stiff old muscles. Of course you really should do them more than once so I am still walking around like the Huntchback of Notre Dame! :roll:

Hi Kim, How did the school Carnival turn out? I am curious. What was the Lucky Seven Game all about that you were in charge of? I once helped out a school carnival when my boys were little. It was so much fun for adults and kids alike, but I don't know when I have ever been so tired! I never thought of Fabreeze...whmmm. Poor little Helga (Our little beagle) she was a tripod (Only had three legs) and the oilest fur you could imagine. We had to bath her every two weeks with a special shampoo from the Vet called Allerseb-T.

Hi Veronique! The book you have just read, 'The Pursuit of Happiness' sounds wonderful! I am putting it on my "to read" list. Right now I just started sort of rereading a book I bought for the long flight to Australia last Spring. It is called 'The Way of the Wizard' by Deepak Chopra. The first time around I think there was just too much activity and craziness in my life fo truly absorb the wisdom in its pages. It is one of those books I think that needs to be read slowly and meditatively (Is that a word? :scratch: )

Hello there Mo! I am so proud of your "sticktoitiveness!" By now I would be running and screaming for the hills or rather the Ice cream shop! Have you found that your cravings for the "bad things" have lessened any at this stage in the regiment?

Hi Petra, Deb's right. Phil has a very good way with words. I enjoyed reading about his experiences. Peronally I think you were using your "old noodle" in posting an excerpt from his letter for us instead of paraphrasing and rewriting. With your busy schedule, nobody in their right mind could call you a "lazy cow!" If they do, you send them to me! Oh..That didn't sound very loving or positive did it? :oops:

Hello Gypsy Deb, I hope you guys in Sydney arent being washed away from all this rain. How's the house hunting going? any good leads? I want you to know that I always enjoy your posts. They are always so positive and uplifting! Who needs to proof read anyway! It is all overrated. (This by someone who writes and spells everything the way she feels at any particular moment.) :lol:

Well guys, Have a fabulous day or night depending on which end of the world you occupy! I'm off to dream land myself.
Love to all,
Sandy LUV2
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey there All, Sandy and Debs, I'm very glad you enjpyed Phil's excerpts from his email, he will be quite glad that his adventures are being enjoyed by some folk across the globe! He doesn't get a chance to email much, but that means his mails are more interesting, no?

Here's another little episode:

All
is well and Francis and Christina have been showing me the sights. On the
first day we went on a very scenic route around some of the smaller lakes,
stopping at places. It is lovely and forested and the waters very clear and
quite touristy, Chileans, argentinians and Europeans. I also met Magali and
Pedro and their daughter Michaela. Yesterday we went to the Rio Limay which
flows out of the Nahuel Wapi lake. It was really nice and transparent and I
had a swim in a calmer place at Villa Llanquin. The water was lovely and I
didn't feel cold but lovely and tingly. We had a beer and then went to an
old restaurant called Viejo Boliche which was an old bar from the 1880's and
Francis used to go there when Mr Jones used to own it. The food was good.
Francis is very funny and we drink quite a lot together, he always has just
a taff on my cigarette as he has stopped smoking. Today we are going to the
Cathedral mountains where the skiing takes place in the winter. The rock
towers look quite nice from a distance. Christina has masses of rocks,
crystals and fossils which they have collected over the years for their
work. I visited the palaentological museum yesterday which they are members
of, but Francis doesn't often go apparently. Tonight we are having an asado
with Magali and family and I should get to meet Rosana and Pablo who are
returning from some mountain training at Esquel. I also booked a rafting
trip for tomorrow which lasts all day on a good river near Chile.
runrunrunner
New Friend

Post by runrunrunner »

oh yeah.

i've watched the secret plenty of times

i remember the first day i watched it...i think i watched it like 3 times that day alone.

i love it. i'm still learning from it....i always pick up something new when i watch it...something that i hadnt noticed or paid attn to before.

i was so surprised when i heard that it was going to be on oprah! i definitely watched that episode...and yet again learned more.
she turns chaos into art.
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hey Petra
Has Phill ever thought of writing for a travel book? I closed my eyes to visualise where he was and became covered in goosebumps, very spritual swim he had indeed :happy My daugthers inlaws are from south Americaand have been holidaying there for 10 months. Now I know this sounds silly but is that where he is? If he is across the creek in France forgive my ignorance :oops:
Sandy the rain is just beautiful I layed in bed last night and thought maybe we won't have to drink recycled toilet water in the near future.

Australia is in it's worst drought ever, 2 farmers a week are now taking their lives, prayers for rain would be welcomed (goosebumps again). Can't stay for long as my mother is here and guess what , we are unit hunting today for Mum, God help my crazy family :shock: Petra Mum lived in wales as a child in the war, Gilgoch Gorch, Rohnda valley? As mum just said the name I got a shower in my eyes with the way she pronounced it, hope it dosen't happed over there. Her memories are mixed she remembers rolling down beautiful green hills with the other children who left London but also remembers her saddness when her parents did not come to bring Mum and her siblings back after the war :cry: They were abandoned and sent to foster homes...

Mo you are just plain beautiful, I need to stop eating easter eggs!!!!
Hi everyone else loved your posts and look forward to the new updates!!!
Love to all Gypsie (decided gypsie was easier as we have a few Debbies) :kiss:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Petra,
Phil's discriptions sound a little like Montana! No? Tell Thalia that I met my first Thalia in person. She was a six month old darling baby that came to the carnival. Sweet as a cupcake!

Happy farming!
Love,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Sandy,
So nice to hear you're getting rain! They are always worried about our water levels. Don't think we'll run out of fresh water soon, being surrounded by the Great Lakes, but still it's a little scary seeing a quarter of a mile of reeds that used to be twenty feet of sugar sand beach.

The carnival was a lot of fun. TONS of people there, which is good since it was a fundraiser for my work. Lucky Sevens was a game where the kids had to roll sevens to collect stamps that they traded for prizes. They used giant foam dice and threw them on a table based on the real thing. I know we started out with a set of rules, my sister and I tweaked them a bit so no one went away a loser. I lost my voice after the first hour from laughing and encouraging everyone on. I spent the next two hours running around with Sam and Josie. The Bouncy Moon Walk was definately the favorite.

It was great way to spend the afternoon, but you're right I was tired! Dave and I always volunteer to do this kind of stuff. We're worn out, but it's wonderful seeing everyone enjoying themselves.

Dave and I watched The Secret Friday night. It was awesome having someone else tell him pretty much the same things I've come across on my own. He says he's been thinking about it ever since. He still has his own set of beliefs, this was very thought provoking for him. I'm still trying to rope in my kids and sister to watch it. It's a matter of logistics. "Hmm! Do I want to stay home and watch a movie with my Mom on a weekend night, or go out and be with my friends?" It was a tough choice I'm sure!

Well, tomorrow is Monday. Always my favorite day of the week, so I'd better get ready for it! Did you notice all the positive phrases I was using?

Love to all,
Kim

Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello All of You Lovely Ladies and Gents!.... it seems the gents have dropped out of this thread but hello to ya anyways :wink:

Let's see, where to start :D

Veronique,
It is good to know that you are still with us, even when we don't hear from you. I think you would really enjoy the movie of "The Pursuit of Happyness" it was very well done.

Hi Petra!
It sure sounds to me like Phil is filling everyday with as much adventure as possible! He must be in pretty good physical shape eh? Based on some of the stories you've told about the two of you when you were first together, I'm thinking you've accompanied him on many of these globe trekker adventures. Hopefully you will be able to spend some time together and travel like that again soon :wink:

Hi Gypsie,
Sometimes the Love on this site feels practically overwhelming. How nice to be overwhelmed in a good way LUV2 You contribute to that Loving vibe in a big way.

Sandy,
I am totally sticking to it! My tummy has shrunk up a bit so I don't feel hungry... I'm doin quite well but I haven't been around my favorite foods much yet.. I am far from being out of the woods in that regard. I have two more days of a shake for breakfast, sensible lunch and shake for dinner. Then two days of another cleanse... the stuff you drink is yuck for the cleanse days but it sure is cleaning out all of the toxins in the ol' pipes :oops: How are you coming along with your yoga cards? I've stayed home from yoga while I am doing this whole process, but I have several yoga videos and they work really well also.

Hello Runrunrunner!
I'm glad you have joined us... and found The Secret too!

Gypsie,
Are you eating Easter Eggs from last Easter :lol:

Here's a quick story, since you love Romance. Today Lowell called me and says, listen to this you are going to love it. So he put the phone to the speaker and I listened to one of my favorite love songs by Corinne Bailey Rae... it was like a serenade for me and I had a good cry as he had me listen to the entire song. I guess he bought the CD so he'd have something that I Love with him while he's away. LUV2

Did your mothers parents die in the war? That is all so very sad... although you did give me a giggle with the spit shower she gave you :lol:

Seeker,
The carnival sounds like a resounding success! It is very inspiring to hear all of the special things you are doing with our children. What a blessing you are in thier/our lives!

I hope I haven't missed anyone :hithere

Warm Hugs All Around! :kiss:
Love
Mo'
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Dear Everyone,

Gypsie, I know the Rhonda Valley well, they used to have a big Honda car factory somewhere there and they nicknamed it Honda valley. Also, Nan was from Swansea, but they moved to London when she was a slip of a girl.
How sad about your mum. My dad was evacuated to Wales, then to Lymington. He took us kid's there when we lived in Reading and in the little church near his school, we found the bench he and his brother scratched their names on, back in 1944. (Keith mispellt his which was funny! He wrote: Kiff :lol: )

Thanks for enjoying Phil's experiences. Gypsie yes he is in Argentina and by the sounds of things, wants to stay there. He likes Wales, but hates the frequent wet weather and it gets him down.
His mum phoned last night all excited. She and Phil's father spontaniously decided to go to South America too...that's Jeanine for ya. And it's where her 3 sons got their love for travelling?

The farm is still there. Hasn't blown away or anything, but I thought last night that it would... :lol: The bulls are used to me now, but those geese still chase me and still nip me at every chance even when I'm standing there patiently feeding them top quality corn. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! Outrageous creatures! But I adore them. They make me laugh because of their total indifference to me.
Afraid I'm getting too attached to the pigs though, they come up for belly strokes and one or two like their under snouts tickled. I won't be trying out that batch of bacon at easter... :cry:

I still haven't bought the Secret DVD but I've told many people about it at least. I'll get right on to ordering it now then.

Love always, Pet xxxxx
Thalia
Busy Bee

Post by Thalia »

Seeker13 wrote: Tell Thalia that I met my first Thalia in person. She was a six month old darling baby that came to the carnival. Sweet as a cupcake!
Dear Kim, :hithere i have not met a Thalia yet. Say hello to Thalia from me :lol:

LOVE Thalia xxx i am better today
Gai*11
Busy Bee

Post by Gai*11 »

Hi Thalia!! Good to see you! Whats that in your mouth? :lol:
I sure Loved talking to your Mum on the phone the other day! You got one of those very best Moms in the world Moms, don't you? She is just as wonderful as wonderful can be!!!

:loves :sunny: :colors:

Sounds like she is taking quite a liking to those Piggies! :pig: :pig: :pig:

How's the pond coming along?

Take care and most of all, have Fun, fun, fun!

Love,
Gai
The neverending heart begins again forever...
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hi Petra,
Does that mean that Phil will be staying even longer :scratch: It sounds like you are doing a top job with the farm and the kiddos too. Those pigs are pretty loving animals eh? That reminds me, I'd like to see the new Charlotte's Web with Dakota Fanning.... have you seen it?

Thalia,
I hope you and your brother and sister are helping your mom and giving her lots of love... she's goin through a pretty rough time right now.

Hugs and Lots of Love :loves
Sherry
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone! :D

My Goodness, I've missed all kinds of wonderful conversation on here :shock: :D -- I look forward to writing in again later to catch up, but just thought I'd go ahead and post this first for now: Someone in that Law Of Attraction newsgroup I'm subscribed to actually got a link to a recording of the entire Oprah show on The Secret that aired on Feb. 8th! So I thought I'd pass it along. Here it is: :cheers:

http://whatanicewebsite.com/oprah.wmv

Enjoy! Love and Blessings to All of You, :loves

Debbie
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Everyone, yeah Gai, Thals was listening in on the sofa, puke-bucket on the side, haha! She moaned afterwards: "I wanted to say hello!" Next time perhaps?
Dear Mo, I don't think Phil is staying longer, maybe a week tops. What with it being close to Easter when he returns, he's got to take our beautiful animals to the slaughter and I cannot, nor will not do it myself. Besides, I can't even figure out how to put the trailer on the car, let alone how to successfully herd the animals in there! (If it were up to me, I'd keep them alive till they died of natural causes!) Yet, she still drools over a sirloin steak!!! Big hypocrit!
I was thinking of sticking with the eggs and maybe going into dog breeding?
K, nuff said! I can't look into their eyes at all anymore. :(

Pet XXX
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hey Aqualeaf!
That makes this thread complete!

Petra,
We have a trailer that we take camping. I don't think I could back the truck to the hitch either :roll: Even if I could I would be a nervous wreck pulling it... side swiping little old ladies on street corners... and wiping out gas pumps etc. :lol:

Ahh Well... it will be good to have him back home again eh? I know that I am really missing Lowell right now :wink:

Warm Hugs and Best Wishes :kiss:
Mo'
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone!

Kim,

Well, as for the lima-bean fudge, the original recipe actually called for black beans, but I substituted lima beans because they have less calories. It tasted quite good at least, probably mostly because there's lots of cocoa powder and vanilla in it (which improves the taste of most desserts! :D ), but its consistency was a bit "mooshy," if that's a word! So we made a second batch, and tried the herb Stevia (in its dried green form) as a sweetener in place of the original sugar/Splenda blend, and also added oat flour to make it hold together better (Ron's allergic to wheat flour). The oat flour worked well, but in retrospect, I should have ground up the stevia further, or bought it in its powdered or liquid form, since it added further weird crunchiness to the fudge (beyond the already weird occasional crunchiness caused by the bean skins) :shock: ! Conclusion: this is still a work in progress with lots of room for improvement. Frankly, Gypsy, you are wise to "not be so sure" about this recipe! :tongue:

Your carnival adventures sounded fun, and glad The Secret was thought-provoking for Dave - best of luck getting the rest of your family to watch it!

Mo'

Sounds like you're getting great results on your fast, and you're almost done! And Lowell sounds sweet and romantic, playing you that song on the phone -- have a great Valentine's Day together! LUV2

Veronique,

Nice to meet you, and I'll add "The Pursuit of Happyness" to my list too!

Petra,

I too am enjoying Phil's travelogues! Sounds like you have your hands full lately with the farm and all -- wow, that duality of farm life, caring for the animals and needing to also take them to the slaughter, that's tough - I feel for you! :(

Sandy,

I have that same tendency to hunch my shoulders as well! Interestingly enough, my chiropractor told me that it was actually mostly due to tension in my stomach muscles, and that relaxing the abdominal muscles does more to help the posture than trying to just straighten the shoulders and "stand up straight." However, he also said my shoulder muscles were way overdeveloped from the hunching, so those arm exercises do help with that as well, and with the burning and soreness I often get in those muscles. However, I haven't been doing the stretches or any work on it often enough either, so I can relate! I'll be 42 in April, so I'm just starting to get those realizations that my flexibility isn't as good as it once was, and that I have to start exercise programs a little more gradually than I used to, and so on. I keep trying to re-start an exercise routine, then quitting again later. Just today, in fact, I returned to the treadmill for the first time in at least a month -- we'll see if I can stick with it this time! :?

Gypsy,

Yes, the Oprah show was really quite good. It's funny, Oprah said the same thing that's already been mentioned on this thread, that she didn't really see why it was called "the secret," since she'd been living by these principles all her life and they were no secret to her! One good thing about the show was they took real-life examples of problems people in the audience were working on, and the panel gave them practical advice on how to apply the Secret to their specific challenges. It helps a lot to see these kinds of examples.

Sounds like you're plenty busy with your mom's visit! That was sweet about your appreciation list for your husband! I was also touched by your words about how you were in tears over much you appreciate this site and this thread! You're such a sweet soul, who always adds so much with your posts! I agree with Sandy, the importance of proofreading pales compared to that! :loves

Runrunrunner,

Hi, and nice to meet you! I am wanting to watch the Secret over and over again too, to really internalize the message and start living it more fully day to day -- I've watched it, sometimes in bits and pieces, a total of maybe three or four times so far, and like you said, I always notice something new I hadn't paid as much attention to before. That one woman in the audience on the Oprah show said she'd watched it 72 times or something! -- I bet that would really dramatically shift one's consciousness!
:colors:

Well it's getting late out here and I'd best go get some sleep -- I hope I haven't missed any one! All of you are sweet souls, and I've really been enjoying this thread! :D

Love, Hugs, and Blessings to All of You, :hithere

Debbie