The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: The Secret

Post by peacockplume »

hahahahaha you guys are too funny sometimes,,,,

but first,,,,Sandy,,,prayers for your Dad,,,,he'll be just fine,,,and only go home when he's darned good and ready,,,,and doesn't have anything else left to do here....

have you ever heard of Michael Newton PhD,,,Destiny of Souls,,,his first book was Journey of Souls (Destiny was 2d book) and I can't remember the third....anyway,,,I do have all 3 (in storage and read ), but my neighbour came by and said,,look what I found (book #2) I said,,well I guess it's time for you to learn some new stuff.....and I'm half way thru it before she's even had a peek at it....
This gentleman is .....quite interesting....someone George is probably aware of,,,being of the same profession (in days gone by)

One really has to set aside ALL religious dogma,,,but of course not our Creator,,,,but I think I now remember where or what from I lost my fear of leaving earth.

I understand that most with Urantia background understanding which I really feel has a very firm stronghold in Christianity just don't believe in reincarnation, and I must admit I have waffled on both sides of the fence on that subject,,,,but I also feel those views are under an umbrella of " we don't want you to know..." so only believe this....
well,,,,things have opened up a lot more since the first channelled UB Papers of almost 100 yrs ago...

don't worry sister(s) (and bro's) I LOVE our Supreme Creator,,,Michael and Nebadonia and all of their creations..

now for your comments about our beautiful Vancouver Island....I did chuckle when you said...
You must live in one of the most beautiful places on this Planet!
and my mind said,,,yeah,,if it wasn't sooo wet,,,,,then I remembered the "cold" on the mainland,,,,like the northern areas of USA,,,it always makes me re-appreciate the "wet" then you said....
A small rv park with plenty of room around you is just the ticket. ;)
when that is exactly what we do have here.....sure,,,the ocean isn't right across the road,,,,and actually it is...just that it's 1,000 ft down the mtn to it hahahahahahah,,,but a 15 min drive does take me to some pretty nice beach areas.....

and Kim,,,you said I tired you out thinking about it,,,,,HAHAHAHAHA you should have seen me by the time we got home Fri night!!!

We left Wed am,,,,,and stopped at every campsite/resort that I had listed,,,,and popped in to ones we found on the way.....we ignored a lot that were ridiculous in their pricing,,,but checked a couple of those out too, cuz we just had to see what they thought was worth so much more... and only a couple of those were worth the outrageous prices,,,like $1,400 / mo, not incuding tx or hydro,,,,and even then,,,most were packed in like sardines.....barely room for a vehicle between RV's....

By the time we got to Courtenay and got a motel and supper,,,I was too tired and it was too ate to even enjoy the hot tub...so to bed it was. I think we had looked at,,,about 15 places. (one extra not listed)

Thurs am,,we headed out and checked out another 10 before we got to Campbell River,,,even went west of CR for 1 and north for another,,,
nope, nope, nope!!! so on our way back we popped into ones we didn't have listed and discovered on the way,,,and checked out 2 more in Comox before we went back to our motel in Courtenay......had supper,,,and a couple of hrs later I got my long awaited hot tub.....it was my highlight of the trip.

Fri we left and stopped into another 4 we hadn't seen on the way up before we got back to Nanaimo,,,and checked out 3 more that we had saved for the return trip.

Then we ordered Chinese food for 7, and celebrated Allan's Mom and Dad's 63 wedding anniversary....and still managed to get back to our spot on the Malahat by 8 pm....

It took me 2 days to recover!!!!!

So we've been doing a lot of thinking, talking and comparing,,,and except for the highway improvements (ARGHHHH!!!!) that will be going on for the next 2 yrs,,,we have come to realize that we are in the best spot!!!!! for us....

it's something like thinking the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!!!! well,,, 3 days of looking at the other side of the fence made us realize how blessed we are!!! I will send Sandy some pictures and (if she will) she can post a few for you.

so now the clock just changed to 11:12,,,,and it's time to say goodnight...

until later gals,,,xoxoxoxoxo pp :bike: :kiss: :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Lynn,
Wore me out just reading about it!

The same kind of thing happened to Dave and I. I've never been all that attached to our house, thought of it mostly as a place to keep our stuff, except for my flowers. After running the motel for three summers, I was never so grateful for our two little lots in the woods! And Dave's brother treated it so badly while we were gone, I literally started crying when seeing it again, dead plants, garbage everywhere! Everything inside was filthy and broken. After months of dry walling, replacing carpet and flooring, gallons and gallons of paint, weeding, weeding ...and weeding. We are so appreciative and happy to be back at our little space. It feels like home. Especially now that Tiny just got here! Dave and I are babysitting. But!!! We're not cleaning rooms!!!

The meat is marinating for shish-ka-bob, veggies ready to be cut up, potato salad, beans and desert made and grapes need to be washed. Getting ready for Fourth of July picnic and fireworks! Hope everyone has a wonderful happy day!

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Gals,
I hate to admit it but I nearly forgot about the fourth of July and well, you might go ahead and say I did forget when you consider we are nearly a whole day ahead. So yesterday, the fourth of July in Australia, I did forget to celebrate my home county's birthday. So here we are on the fifth and I am thinking of staging a late and impromptu picnic. (Better late then never) Well with picnic foods, anyway. Your "fixens" sound awesome, Kim. Is the whole family getting together at your place? Well, by now, it is probably a done deal and everyone back home and tucked into bed.

PP, Oh my gosh!!! How in the world did you stay on your feet with all that moving and looking? Still, a bit of an adventure it was and adventures are good for the soul if not the feet, back and neck. I had to smile with your discovery at the end of your post. We are so blessed! Sometimes what we love is starring us right in the face and it takes something else to help us see it clearly. I love your place on the mountain from what I've seen of it and how I wish I could some day see Vancouver Island. It is a special place.. LOL Now I am remembering to add.. but I guess my home here is special in its own right. ;)

Well, I'm off to see if the sheets on the line are dry and start thinking about that "picnic" I mentioned earlier. better hurry as it is almost 3:00 pm. :shock:
ai yi yi
Love,
Sandy :hithere
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good morning!

Lynn, after your description of Vancouver Island, I too would love to visit. We're making it as far as South Dakota in August. Going to see Mt. Rushmore and be close as we can to have a good view of the eclipse on August 21st. On the way back, visit Dave's brother and ill sister in-law, in Minnesota.

Sandy, we just had a small gathering Dave and I, and Dan's clan(all three of them). They are pretty much in the same situation as we were, holidays fall by the wayside when your business depends on other people spending their holidays with you. Ken had to work, Aleah and Jorge had a great time! His family always have a huge reunion at that time.

Did you have your picnic?

Found out yesterday that it's possible to fall off a shovel. Yup, that's what I said. Had the day to myself so I went to the center to work in the garden. The front entrance is all gardens, vegetables, flowers, spearmint, fennel and currants. I was part of the group that planted it. Hasn't really been taken care of since I left four summers ago. Now it's a jungle! Hasn't suffered though, I swear the vibration of children's voices helps the growth of plants, everything is bigger and thicker. Speaking of thicker, back to my original story. The indigo Siberian Iris and peach Bearded Iris are all inter-grown into a mass of roots and tubers, probably haven't been split in ten years. I worked and worked on them barely able to get the shovel to find soil. When things are that overgrown you have to be a little brutal in trying to separate them. Well! These particular plants fought back! It was like separating concrete... and that's just where it threw me, on to the sidewalk and a rock. You know that moment when you realize you are going to fall and only have time to think, "Oh, boy! This is gonna hurt!" That was me. But! I didn't give up, this morning although a little stiff and bruised, I'm going to work the kinks out by planting a few of those beautiful flowers in my own beds! Ha! Ha! Let that be a lesson to all, "Don't try and get between me and my flowers!"... And next time I'll use a spud.

Well, burning daylight, love to all,

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

LOL I know I shouldn't laugh, Kim, but just the image of the plants giving you what for... and for once almost getting the upper hand is a little amusing.I'm glad you weren't too knocked about. I've gotten into some truly unruly perennials like that before so I can easily imagine it all happening. But It sounds to me like every growing think you touch is charmed and is given a boost of "Kim Energy" Seriously! You do have a way of reaching the "heart" of green and growing things.

Well take it easy a bit and nurture that sore backside.

We've just come back from the park picking dandelions for the bunnies. It is a gorgeous winter day and by winter I mean the climate of spring. We live along the coast so temps are rather moderate in the winter. Although brrr we've had some very cool nights.

PP, we saw on the news that there were some forest fires burning 200 kilometers from Vancouver. are you guys alright on the Island? Saying prayers and hoping that the fireman can get the forest fires in the West of the continent under control. Praying for rains and a break form the searing heat.

Gotta go as George wants me to meditate. :hithere
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

oh Kim,,,,,toooooo funny,,,,but yes I have had that experience also,,,,falling off a shovel,,,I called it "slippage".... :roll:

Sandy,,,re 'the fires' they are all on the mainland....and yes,,it's been pretty bad,,,it seems every summer wild fires burn up thousands of hectares,,(or acres in California for instance). we've been VERY lucky so far here on the Island.

My sister and hubby are back on the island for a month visit this time,,,they have a sailboat down in Sidney (near the ferry terminals) we've been down once and going again tomorrow,,,but no sailing planned yet,,,they are doing upgrades to the boat,,,but we have fun anyway!!

not much else interesting going on,,,except I looked at my Columbine today, and some of the seed pods are starting to open,,,,I'll start collecting on Sat.

later gals xoxoxoxoxo

pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello again,
It is nearly midsummer up there, now. Such a difference a "few" miles can make eh? (kilometres, PP?) It has been cold enough down here this July for frost about four or five days so far and it was strangely joyful to feel the cold pangs in my fingers as I cleaned the rabbit hutch. I feel a bit like a farmer going out at sunrise with my bird and bunny food, and mucking bucket in tow. I wonder what my grandfather would think... He was a true farmer... and the kindest gentlest man I have ever known. He has been passed for,... lets see... for 46 years now. I wonder sometimes what he is doing on the Mansion worlds, whether he looks in on his surviving children and grandkiddies (there were lots of them at one time...and, gosh, the number of grandchildren :shock: ...Well, that alone would be a full time job. :shock: :lol: So, perhaps he allows us to travel our mortal path without worry, trusting in the guidance that he would know is all around us and within us. I do hope to see him again, though. I wonder if I will recognize him as I can't expect him to want to take on the beloved form at the age I remember. I suppose we will see as much with our hearts as anything, though. Is it just me or does it seem that "spiritual organ has an awful lot of responsibility? :lol:

Geez I am full of muse this morning. :roll: PP, you asked about names for our Canary. I have two names in the running... Humphrey or Agador. (Agador from the Robin Williams and Nathan Lane movie, "The Birdcage". But I do believe it will be Agador. They both are very sweet and are aspiring "singers (entertainers) :)

I am hoping to get out with my shovel today and into the Jerusalem Artichoke bed. I think I should have already done it. They need separating and some either eaten or moved to a new garden. (if possible) PP, did you harvest your columbine seeds? Now, is that a vine that must be reseeded each year or will it come back from the roots? Funny they are so stunning but I've never tried growing them myself.

Well, Must work on GST taxes too so my day is well spent before I even begin. Maybe another cup of coffee is in order, eh? :mrgreen:
Enjoy your new week! :hithere
love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hello Everyone!

It's been an... interesting couple of weeks in our neck of the woods! Finally got our computer back, lots of summer sickness, negative stuff at work, family in crisis and the other day Dave totaled his truck. I'm so happy through all of this I remain grateful and reminded to not take those I love for granted. It's funny how all those little idiosyncrasies your spouse has, that grated so irritating, don't even seem noticeable when you realized what it would feel like if they weren't here anymore. I told him, "Well, I was going to buy you a huge cast iron frying pan for the grill for your birthday. Guess now it's going to be a truck."

Lynn I love columbine. Found a beautiful purple one a couple of weeks ago in Tiny's play space. I have absolutely no idea where it came from! The soil there is basically sand. With all the rain we've been having it's like a jungle out there and up pops this beautiful flower. Funny thing is when I finally got around to transplanting the thing into my garden, it's gone! Hope it comes up again next year. A really beautiful volunteer columbine arrived a few years ago in a pile of topsoil. It's a light colored burgundy with so many petals it almost looks like a cluster of tiny mums, never seen any like it before, growing all over the place now. The lilies and roses are all in bloom. Can't tell you enough how it warms my heart to see my mom's Seven Sisters Roses showing off. Found a couple of them back in the sand pit too!

Hope your sister visit is going well and the forest fires extinguished! Even if it's not right in your own backyard, it's still scary to think about others having to go through it.

Whew! Having a little trouble starting my engines today. May have to alter my plans to include a nap!

Sandy nothing wrong with being, 'full of muse', as you put it. Those are the moments to cherish, when we experience life at it most simplest state. Your grandfather sounds like a lovely man. If he's anything like my grandma, he's right there in the thick of it with your family.
Sandy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 am I suppose we will see as much with our hearts as anything,
I love the way you put this. Imagine seeing everyone this way and knowing how truly we are loved. Hope you didn't fall off your shovel separating your Jerusalem Artichoke and all your pets, and George, are all snuggled in the warmth of your care!

Have to accomplish something today, unfortunately the kitchen floor won't mop itself.

Love to you both
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello ladies and in fact all those reading our back and forths,
It is raining today...and even though I love rain and would appreciate it anytime I suspect I am not alone in welcoming and rejoicing in the "wet" of it all, as we have been very dry here fro about a month. I am excited because this means the wild greens my rabbits enjoy will grow again at record pace. Hmmm... so will the grass :? but my bulging winter waistline could do with a little exercise the mower provides.

Agador Peep as he is known has settled in nicely and brings us so much joy with his cheery songs. He sits on my desk and is a lovely distraction at times. Oh, and we once again have a working oven and stove :bana: and I find myself as usual trying to curb my desire to make home made cookies. :roll:
Life is good and I am reminded today of all the little things that make up my day and although seemingly unimportant add so much to the wonder that is life. All is good in Oz and I am grateful for the blessings, not the least of which is each other and all our friends and family.

I am reminded of you, Kim, and Dave's recent accident. I am relieved to know he is okay and hopefully has no lingering health problems from it. if so, let me know...let all of us know and we will put him in the circle of light or send him to the healers list.

...and throughout the ups and downs of life, the flowers bloom! :flower: Isn't it nice to know that somethings move on resiliently throughout changes in our own environments? Even after a fire which decimates by human standards an environment in no time flat, new life emerges....sort of like hope... I have hope for this ole world of ours despite the craziness seemingly around every turn. And it is you, ladies, I blame today for this phenomenon. ;) :D I think as long as there are people like you guys, seeing beauty, sharing heart and kindnesses... how can this world ever fall completely in the dust heap?

Well, as you say Kim, " Have to accomplish something today," George is walking around looking as if he is going to faint from hunger." :) So I'd better move along.
Hope this new week brings all things good. :sunflower: :bana:
Love you guys,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hello gals and lurkers!
mid Aug, I can hardly believe it,,,,the huge solar eclipse just a few days away,,,everybody seems all abuzz about it,,,
Kim, I hope Dave has had no repercussions from totaling his truck,,,,did you get the frying pan anyway?? lol
Sandy is looking forward to new bunny food growing soon and I'm already working on tiding up my little garden for the winter while we go south.
Actually I've been working on it since I started collecting the columbine seed.....my neighbours are moving and have donated their garden boxes, so I've been using huge tree pots for the soil, and just got 2 of the boxes moved over which entailed a slight re-arrangement of where to put them,and I'm not dumping the soil in them for the winter,,,just setting the pots in them and covering them with chicken wire to keep the cats out over winter.
My sister was here for about 3 weeks,,I got to spend some time with her and 3 of her grandsons rotated turns and we had one nice beach day with them. The weather was warm, but we finally got nailed with the smoke from the interior fires...I actually had one night of .... having breathing problems,,,then the wind turned direction and blew the smoke away...and my breathing improved...I don't think we'll be making the trip to the southern Kootenays,,,there are still fires burning there,,,and I prefer breathing easily.....so probably a good idea to stay away.

I do have a special request though for the healing list for Laura. She's having heart problems and is in the hospital...I just got the call a little while ago. Her heart muscles are not working and they figure she has had a couple of heart attacks, which she just thought was reflux so her Drs never looked into 'heart' issues until today...tomorrow,,,well in about 12 hrs from now she is having a scope where they will go in and see what is going on for sure, but they did tell her the heart muscles in the front weren't working at all. That unfortunately is all I know at the moment. I'm going to call her in the morning, as soon as I can get connected to the hosp phone in her room. So I guess I better go put her on the prayer list now...
loves,,,pp xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Lynn,
I was just thinking about you earlier. I am glad to hear from you but so sorry to hear that Laura is having severe health problems. I was wondering if you have learned more about her condition and how she is feeling and faring. If you are able to speak with her please tell her we love her and are praying for her.

I was wondering if you were beginning to plan the trip south for the winter. Time seems to fly these days and hard to believe that your summer is nearly over. Ye, please do stay well away from the fires and the bad air around them. Strangely enough we had a little bit of smoke problems over here too. But these fires were set by fireman to burn off growth to prevent out of control wild fires that could sweep down the mountains and into the Sydney suburbs. Unfortunately, an inversion happened which kept the smoke close to the ground. We could barely smell it way down her but it caused problems for asthmatics in the city.

George was out watering the strawberries today. We don't have a lot in the ground right now but will probably plant a lot of greens for the bunnies. It's funny how much of our healthy foods goes into their tummies. :shock: Little bottomless pits they are.

Well I am off to bed. Have a good Sunday :sunny: everybody.
love,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Update for Laura

The Dr's put in 1 stent yesterday. They said she should get some improvement in the heart muscles, but she does have or will have improved circulation in the heart and it should help repair some of the damage.
After the stent procedure her lungs filled up with fluid, so at the moment she is wearing a forced air mask.
Robert was with her till about noon today and I talked to him after he got back home. He said she was feeling much better today and had the "Laura spunkiness" back and I could phone her at suppertime. Which I just did, but with the breathing apparatus working I couldn't really make out what she was saying,,,,so she is emailing me a note from her phone.

I think she'll be in the hosp another 24 hrs....maybe 48

I will keep you posted,,,thank you all for your prayers and healing.
Bless Your Hearts
Lynn (pp)

Sandy, I replied with the above to the Eleven Eleven msg from George,,,but wasn't sure if it would go thru,,,so posted it here for you too!

yes,,can't believe it's 20 Aug,,,,I'm inheriting 4 small garden boxes (3x4), dirt and all, so I've been busy 'moving soil' filling large pots,, and we got 2 of the boxes moved over and arranged,,,then I just set the big pots inside and will cover them with chicken wire to keep the cats out over winter.
when we come home in the spring we are moving across the road, where I will get the afternoon sun instead of only 3 hrs in the morning. That's why I'm leaving the soil in the pots over winter...it will make an easy move....meanwhile I am transplanting into smaller pots some of the plants that will be going across the road and I'll just sink them into the big pots to keep them from any freeze that might happen up here this winter.
There is not 1 garden bed over there at all,,,just a huge patch of lawn (hahaha not for long!!!) I best take some 'before pics'. One of my other 'keep the cats out of the garden tricks' is to cut the bottom off of gallon milk jugs, leave the top open for drainage,,,I fill them about 2 inches from the top with soil and plant them in the garden just an inch or two apart.....no room for cats to get comfortable....in the summer you don't see the plastic cuz the foliage covers them up. We get home in March and it does look a little bare but within a month the daffys are up and we're off to the races!! I'll be really busy this next spring since I will have to dig up A LOT to move over and keep them in containers until we have beds ready.....I'm soooo excited!!!
Besides that,,,,I've been pruning, cleaning the straggly stuff,,making the garden look nice for the winter residents,,,any bare soil spots I find big rocks and cover up the spaces....no cats allowed!!! This week I'll work on moving over at least 1 more box,,not sure whether I'll take all 4, but come spring I'll be wishing I had...hmmmm
Then it will be time to pack up the shed,,,,take grinders and whatever I don't leave in the shed to storage,,,so we should be done all that by the end of Aug,,,,maybe....I want to get as much done as possible as my sister and hubby will be back out in a couple of weeks and I want some visit time.
So it's boogie time....

Take care loves,,,,and get that bunny garden rockin'''' remember to plant some for you and G too ...K???

loves n hugs,,,pp xoxoxo
ps sending you a pm for some info.
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Lynn,
Oh that is such good news about Laura! I was concerned she would be weeks in the hospital or worse. She's a spunky one our memawlaura. Been thinking about all the gals (and guys too...just wasn't very many of them) over the years on the secret thread. We've all grown and changed so much along the way. but such is life isn't it? I've been thinking about life this week as my second grandchild had his first birthday. He's grown into a precious little round faced smiling baby who has aspirations to do everything his big brother does... speaking of big brother, he starts kindergarten tomorrow! :shock: It seems I blinked and he is now a little boy!!! Can't wait to see him again and meet little Derek.

You sound so happy and excited and busy! Wow... makes me tired thinking about making new gardens and moving all those plants across the streets. It will be so worth it and with your love of the sun and the heat the new digs, with the extra sun should be just the ticket.

Well, I had better go..I have an army of cockatoos outside all wanting a treat. I shouldn't give them anything but they will eat the house if I don't. I am living in a vicious bird circle. Can't resist those mischievous beautiful eyes of theirs... :roll: :)

Have a good day and enjoy that eclipse! Do you realize it falls on Christ Michael's birthday? 8) :bana:
Love and hugs,
Sandy

Oh, I will make sure George gets the update... no worries. :love
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

I love you guys so much! :loves

Lynn please tell Laura I said hello. Thought it was funny when she popped into my head last week. I pictured us talking at the base of a mountain we had a conversation about years ago involving her brother. Instinctively sent her love and healing. I remember thinking, "Huh? Wonder what that was about?" Hope she continues to improve.

Sandy, I too have been stopping for a minute here and there co-mingling with the frenzy, to be grateful for the abundance in my life. There seems to be hardship on every front for those I hold most dear, nationally, globally, and yet I feel so much love both given and received, as we all wade through. Children learn and grow, seasons follow seasons and I am in love with my life! :sunflower: :bana: :sunflower: It would be amazing to experience your garden, bunnies and birds.

Lynn, I can identify about 'geeking' out about flowers. Was out this morning, first time in awhile I've had time to spend with them. Weeding is long overdue, planning about storing my pots as well. My worry isn't cats but the....'darn' deer! I need to concentrate more on placement of repellent plants, but, "Whew!" this summer has been a whirlwind! And there seem to be so many more deer, who think our yard is a salad bar. One really fun surprise came from turning the 10' x 6' fenced in compost raised bed into a strawberry patch. Strawberries look great and volunteer pumpkin vines seem to have taken on a life of their own! Pumpkins and vines growing all over inside, outside, twined through and on top the fence and stretching seven feet out into the lawn! Counted at least seven pumpkins dangling from the wire. Can't wait for Halloween!

Made it through the summer program, the last two weeks are always a challenge. Several of the kids who have been with us for the past four years are going off to Kindergarten. Stress was running on maximum for a few of them, translating to stress for the rest of us too. Hope your grandson is having a better time of it Sandy. It seems like yesterday when you announced so excitedly, "I'm going to be a grandma!!!"

Dave didn't have any physical repercussions from his accident, was able to find a great deal on a even nicer truck. Which came along just in time to fill up to help out with my niece's graduation open house on August 12! Last day of work was August 17, early on the 18th Dave and I headed northwest to begin our vacation... "Wwhhh..". needed to take a mental breath... ok, that's better.

The primary reason for heading to South Dakota and Wyoming was for...'the eclipse!" Generally I'm not one to follow the crowd and enjoy being in a place with a million other peoples sharing an experience..., but! Remembering it was Jesus' true birthday, I was intrigued if it was going to have any spiritual significance. While crawling toward Lusk Wyoming, in a 41 mile line of cars, I kept asking, "What is this really going to be about?" Half wondering if we were going to be stuck in traffic while the event took place, I sent up a prayer,"Please Lord help us find a nice, safe, clean place to be able to enjoy this experience." I kid you not, a minute later there was a sign, "Rest Area 1 mile." There were two spaces left. After situating ourselves in the perfect spot, sharing the park with families and older couples, there was about twenty minutes before the eclipse began to enjoy and add to the peaceful anticipation of what was going to happen next.

Open viewing that first bite taken out of the upper right hand area of the sun I got weepy! This truly was a heart warming experience. Looking around most eyes were on the sky. The moment of 'totality', a hush fell over the whole place, cars stopped along side of the road, we were collectively holding our breath. And when it went dark, with Venus appearing off to the side, the crowd gasped in amazement and awe, then a rousing cheer broke the silence. I had to believe for at least that moment, we must have raised the Earth's vibration! I asked, "Is this why we are here?"

Remember a few months ago I told you there was a little black ball of energy, that every once in a while would dance and jump across my line of vision? It has continued to ... randomly appear ever since then. When I asked that last question, looking through my solar glasses, the black moon blotting out everything except the circle of light surrounding it. Yes, I know this sounds crazy, I've accepted that perhaps I'm probably just a little nuts, but that black dot I was looking at through the solar glasses started bouncing and dancing all around my field of vision! I blinked, shook, my head, looked away again and again and it continued until the moon began to move off from inside the sun! I've stopped trying to rationalize or disprove what my senses are telling me, no matter how crazy it might sound. By sharing my experiences and not caring any more how others may judge them, I feel that it's time for me to be brave and put the things out there, because maybe it might help someone else who is questioning and not believing in themselves also.

More wonderful things happened on our vacation, but have taken up enough space on this thread for today, will share them another time.

Love you all, :sunny:
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Kim!!!
I read your post here a couple days ago and hadn't the time to respond then... But, I wanted to tell you that it moved me as I felt I was with you watching the eclipse, even though, of course, it was already a done deal by that point. Still, it was the next best thing to being there and I must admit how I would have loved to have seen this total eclipse with my physical eyes.
I also want you to say you are no "nuttier" then I am! :lol: ... not that that is going to make you feel any better. :mrgreen: Still...we know what we know and the truth of what we experience even if the person hearing it cannot place it in their own realm of experience. Now I am thinking about that dancing dark sun in your vision... you, having seen it before. And I am wondering if you are seeing your own TA or that of another person... ????(I am remembering George seeing a similar dark spot several decades ago and it was his son's TA that appeared as a dark circle in his vision. I believe he was told that it appeared dark because if George were to see it in true form his eyes could not have sustained it. ) You have me wondering too now about the correlation perhaps between the sun's presence and Divine energy manifestation. I know in some spiritual groups such as Wicca that the sun often represents God energy.
Anyway I am so pleased your prayers were answered in such a timely manner and that you found such a brilliant place from which to view this extraordinary event. I am green with jealousy over here... :mrgreen: ;) but as I said earlier your writing sort of allowed me to be there in a strangely real sense. so I believe I should thank you! :bana: :sunflower: :kiss:

You must take a photo of those pumpkins of yours...I had some come up from the compost pile years ago too and got a surprising number of them. Of course, look what they have for energy...compost. But obviously my compost pile was not heating up as it is supposed to. Because of that, I was always careful not to put weeds with seeds in the pile...( would dislike seeding weeds along with the compost in the garden. )
For me, on the gardening front this week,... Well, I haven't done much. I did clean out the far Jerusalem artichoke patch, pulling most of the tubers, adding chicken "you know what" and then replanting a few of the tubers. I also decided to place them in another empty bed next to the fence as nothing likes to grow there. So we will see if we get a nice crop that I most grow for the tall flowering plants in the fall.

My thoughts this week have been on Texas and the areas so affected by Harvey. You know Eric, Happyrain, lives in Houston so I am praying he is on high ground and safe from all that water. He has two little kitties too... his girls so I hope they are all safe and sound.

PP, do you have any new information about Laura? Thinking of her today and missing her as I often do when I take a walk down memory lane. I must get my backside to Facebook so I can keep up with all of you. :)

It is the first day of Spring here and it is a doozy... coolish, but there is no wind that seems so prevalent this time of year. So after I fed the bunnies this morning I grabbed a cup of coffee, some food for the Magpies, and headed for a quiet spot by the lake. It was so peaceful watching the shore birds getting on with their day. I am thinking I could make a habit of that.

Also got to talk with my grandson yesterday. I love it when he calls me. When I answered on skype there he was with a little black tie clipped to his teeshirt. he told me he was playing the boss today. He is so funny. I love seeing the world through his eyes. Out of the blue he told me that spiders were drawn to him like birds are to me. He had gone to the library with his mommy and brought back these two very colorful spider books with photos of things like black widows, red backs and their kin. I never knew there were so many varieties of that particular spider around the world. it is arguable one of the most beautiful with it's velvety blackness. I am thinking now that PP must think I am nuts... LOL I know how much you "LOVE" spiders, Lynn. :lol:

Okay, I am getting off now and working on the flat for a time. I suppose the house won't clean itself... oh now I am thinking of a science fiction story from my school years... where the house cleaned itself and had a room much like on Star Trek the Next Generation where you could interact in a hologram scene. (It didn't end well... :shock: ) ...hmmm I am thinking Ray Bradbury wrote it but I could be wrong. It has been forty years or more. Geez I am getting "wiser" (truthfully, was going to say "old" but caught myself. :) )

Anyway... away I go... You guys enjoy your evening up there as summer wanes. :hithere
love, :kiss:
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hello ladies and anyone else who might be perusing this thread!

Sandy you are not old or nutty! Please let me know if you hear of a house that cleans itself, I'll be the next in line to put my order in! I'm still waiting for the cars that drive themselves, however Dave says they will be available to the public before you know it. I'd really love the Star Trek transporters. Just think of the money and space we'd save on cars and roads! Ah, well! The future will be here soon enough.

I love when you talk about your grandson, so glad technology allows you to stay connected. Hope you got a picture of him in his tie and t-shirt! What was he being the boss of? Spiders are really interesting, although I know several people who would not appreciate the gift of having them drawn to them. It's wonderful he can appreciate that. My daughter-in-law is very frightened of spiders, although Tiny is brave in so many areas, the other day I had to make sure every spider and cobweb was wiped off her bouncy horse outside. We're slowly trying to get her to appreciate bugs, so fascinating! We spent four hours on various art projects the other day. She told me, "I'm and artist Grandma!" Yay! Another artist in the family! It's funny how painting always regresses to layering her hands to stamp hand prints, and then painting her arms, then painting my arms. Good thing I love purple!

I don't know about the black dots, since the eclipse I didn't see them for a few days, then came back a little yesterday, although very tiny and pale. Have another story though! While we were going through The Badlands(so incredibly beautiful), I knew it was only a matter of time before Dave walked out on some precipice, while I'm trying my best to be brave and get closer to the edges without breaking into a sweat. We stopped the car and I knew this was the place he would do it. There was a narrow path about two foot wide stretching out several feet. On either side it dropped off about a thousand feet into the valley below. Well, ok maybe it wasn't a thousand feet, but very, very deep! Admittedly when he strode out I was scared! I closed my eyes and prayed, "Lord please have your angels protecting him," I peeked out at him adding, " One on each side please!" Think I snapped a few shots of him with my eyes closed. It's always hard to see if anything turned out because it was so sunny. He returned and I stopped sweating and looked at the photos in the car. There were two shots and they were quite spectacular! In the first one he was walking out, on his right side there was a single shaft of rainbow light reaching all the way up to the heavens. In the next pic he was walking back and there was another shaft of light on the other side of him. I took a hundred pictures that day and none of them had the same light effect. I thanked the angels for keeping him safe. Instantly it reminded me of the time when Aleah was little and said when she got to the top of the hill she was going to see the angels. In that picture she was surrounded by a pink shaft of light, smiling broadly with her arms raised over her head.

We keep getting these amazing affirmations! It's so exciting to be living in this space and time!

Speaking of time, it's getting late and were helping out at Sunrise tomorrow. Hope you have another lovely spring day to revel in!

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Kim, PP and as Kim said, anybody who is listening,

I hear you, Kim, when it comes to heights! George will tell you that I test his patience in this area. He cannot stand to see me or, frankly, anybody stand close to a "thousand foot" drop. (any drop more then 10 feet :) ) When we were house sitting for Geoff years ago we walked up this gorgeous walkway ending on a cliff with outlook jutting over the sea sporting one of those extreme drops you mentioned. It was well railed and the only way to fall would have been to made the effort so that was okay but on the way down there was another view overlooking the bay. I was standing on the wild grasses just outside of the rock -lined path. From George's view behind me it looked as though at any moment I would plunge to my death. But what he couldn't see was a wide ledge just a couple feet below where I was standing. at no point was I ever in any danger. yet he was so upset that he couldn't see the reason in that and refused to let me off the hook for putting my life in danger.

I loved the affirmation you received when asking that there be an angel on each side of Dave... makes me feel sort of like all is right with the world despite the dangers we are in as we all stand on a deep precipice of disharmony. And it reminds me of the other day when I had just heard some disquieting world news and had walked outside. As I walked around the yard pondering the insanity of it all I happened to glance up and there was a rainbow in the sky. The sun wasn't shining and there was no rain close by but still off in the distance there was this beautiful reminder that hope remains as we keep peace in our hearts. Well my interpretation, perhaps. it was just a simple rainbow but felt like so much more...encouragement from above. Who knows...it isn't important I suppose what anyone else believes. I just know it made me feel better. :)

I got another call this morning from my grandson. "Nana can we talk on skype?" :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:
He told me he was going to call me every day even when he was 18! :lol:
Today we pretended we were astronauts flying to the Moon and then Mars. He has quite the imagination and actually made it easy for me to join in the fun. Gosh, I can't wait to see him!..and of course his little brother too. :sunflower:

There is a commercial airing here that shows a family in one of those self driving cars. How hard it would be at first for me to relinquish the steering wheel to a machine. ( I know, I know :) ..terminator 2 was just a movie. :roll: :) And I am hoping like heck that transporters like on Star Trek are in some way scientifically feasible? I mean if we are all vibrational beings... I wonder how difficult the science would be to build something of this nature some day. Think of the strides science and technology have made in the past 20-30 years...We go from cell phones the size of a suitcase to mobile phones the size of a credit card. (too small for my eyes of course.) I wonder what the world will look like when Tiny and Eli are our age.

We will be amazed no doubt. :shock:

Well, I am off on this very windy days to feed the bunnies. Hope you have a wonderful labor Day.

Love and happy days :sunny:
Sandy

PP, is there any news about Laura?
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Kim and Sandy (and others too)
Oh I just had the most wonderful catch up reading your posts....awesome, awesome,,,eclipse experiences (I got to watch it on tv), but I actually remember seeing the one back in 79'....but the spiritual stuff I was reading about made a lot of sense too,,,mostly about how in comparison it was giving the USA a reset....lordy knows it sure needs one....and your black dot visions,,,hadn't heard of anyone else having them,,,but I'll make a bet about that!!! But you are definitely not crazy,,,once upon a time,,,long, long ago,,,one might have thought so,,,,but not nowadays... everything unusual is now quite normal,,,,just a sign of the times :shock:

Angels and rainbows,,,,yup!!! AAM is always popping up around here too...I have this old video suitcase that I had converted to a book case,,and as usual this year I got it out of storage to swap books around...well a few days ago I was repacking it to take it back to storage, and decided to keep out 2 books of Doreen Virtues,,,one called Angel Medicine and the other Messages from the Angels,,,and since I'm working with her Angel cards, I thot they'd be a good review,,,so I kept them out and repacked the video (book) case. 2 days later I'm having a little visit with a couple of ladies, when one mentioned a little problem....the next day I'm sitting on my couch,,,just musing,,,and all of a sudden the words "Angel Medicine" popped up...well I've learned to pay heed to prompts (thanks 11:11) and I picked up the book and started to look at the contents,,,and there it was,,,the answer to her problem. That type of thing happens to me a lot...
So I really enjoyed your "height Angels" stories.....don't ya just LOVE IT!!!! :happy :happy

Laura is home and is wearing a Fibrolator vest,,,for a month,,along with heart meds,,,a serious food change....she wears the vest for a month and if her heart needs it,,,,it will shock it into action,,,,at the end of a month they will know if they need to actually have to operate and put in a D fibrolater ,,,hopefully the meds will start to help other parts of her heart to improve functioning. That's about all I can say for now.

for my own gardening chores,,,well,,,I got 3 of the boxes emptied and moved and the soil from the 4th in large pots,,,the 4th box turned out to be ready for recycling, it rather fell apart, but thats ok, we'll be building raised beds next year (hopefully) so the 3 are only temps anyway! so my gardening is basically finished,,if I have a few spare moments in the next 6 days I might lift a few bulbs and replant them before we leave.

we've decided to go to the mainland to a place called Chilliwack for a month. where we wanted to go is still in the smoke zone,,,but we're getting the smoke here again too...I wonder why we are leaving at all,,,but it will give us a bit of a diversion before we drive south.

so we made the reservations and realized,,,holy rubbish,,we have to be ready in 2 weeks,,,now we have 6 days...but we packed up the tracker like we do every year, and got that load to storage,,,that was a 2day episode,,,
then today I got the shed close to finished, got the garden ornaments put away and did 3 loads of laundry done at the same time, which isn't hard to do since the combo washer/dryer is in the rv! and got some cupboards re-arranged,,,everything has to have a 'put away' place, so now the cupboard is ready for the toaster oven, coffeemaker and toaster. Then I quit!!! had a shower, some leftover stirfry...and a popsicle!

we're supposed to be getting some rain,,,so the dining tent is coming down tomorrow,,,the mats are cleaned and away, rv oil change next,,, then the last 2 big jobs are putting away our stairs,,,which completely come apart and accordian smaller and taking down the satellite..
and I re-arrange my little space in one of the storage compartments and get it packed properly... which day it rains is the question,,the weather report keeps changing the forecast...
then when it rains I'll work on putting away little stuff inside the rv,,,so the slides can go back in...

Just imagine going around your house or apt,,,and putting every moveable thing away,,,every counter 'bare' nothing loose,,,,except maybe a pillow on the couch....it's amazing what I can pack away!!! :roll can't have anything become a 'projectile' ...

anyway,,,it sounds like a lot,but we give ourselves 2 weeks to get everything ready,,,actually take our time! it's the rain in the forecast that's kind of putting a crimp in a few things,,,but next Monday we're going down to Sidney, pick up my sis and bro and go out for Chinese, then back to their boat for a couple of games of cards and come back to the rv by 9 pm....Tues am all Allan will have left to do is unhook power and water, lower the jacks, drive off the blocks (put the blocks away) and off we go. :bike:

It must be time to rest,,,my mind has just gone blank,,,,sending prayers for happyrain too!!

love and blessings,,,always xoxoxo
pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi everyone,

PP, I enjoyed reading about your very busy time getting ready to be on the move again... You and my mom amaze me. She too could pack a camper trailer (much, much smaller then yours :) ) Perhaps practice makes perfect, eh? I can't believe you are down to only 6 days before the next open road adventure. I hope that you can keep us updated on your progress when you have the time. I always love checking out the places you two visit.

This has been one of those days. I lost my PC this morning. Well, it's not gone but pretty much unusable right now. I couldn't spend any time trying to figure out what was wrong because we were heading up the mountain for a Doctor's appointment. I have a feeling it will have to go to the shop tomorrow. Who knows... though, maybe just maybe it will decide to work tomorrow. (Miracles do happen)

Thanks for the update on Laura. I hope that the month goes well and Laura's heart remains strong. Also hoping she is in good spirits.

I had a chuckle thinking about all the "spiritual stuff" we accept as completely normal these days. Some of these things would have floored me 20 years ago but now it is life in all its' amazing colours.

Well, I had better get off of here for now. Rather behind I am and I need to email my grandson and explain to him why I wasn't online this morning. We have been chatting every morning. (JOY! :bana: )
Have a great day you guys, and PP, please don't work too hard.

Love, :loves
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good evening! :hithere
Lynn thanks for the update on Laura. As you talk about packing and everything having a special place, looking around I'd wonder where I'd start? What do we really need to live comfortably? Pretty sure I'd need two years instead of two weeks! Even then we'd have to have an extra trailer for toys and yes one for crafts. Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Oh, and of course an extra large trunk on top for my stories and poems.

You're probably on your way now, I'm sending a bubble of protection for a safe and happy journey. Seem to remember you said before that you are a rock hunter and wondered how you went about it? What type of rocks are you typically searching for, or is it any kind? I've meditated with crystals for years, but have become increasingly interested in their healing properties. I'd love to talk with you more about them, unless of course I'm completely off the mark and you don't care a fig about stones and crystals, then... Well, lets talk about them anyway!!!

Sandy, hope your PC is working again! And more importantly you were able to skype with your grandson! Those Moon and Mars missions are too important to miss! With Tiny it's always, "Tell me a story Grandma," Then she folds her hands in her lap like a little old lady waiting for what comes next.

The spirit stuff keeps popping in, "Boing! Look at this!" or, "Boing! Pay attention to that!" or, "Here's a zing for ya!" It's been crazy, especially the random references to the eclipse. But for now it's time to relax for the night, hope is all happy and well with you all!

Love you guys,
Kim

peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hello my wonderful away friends,,,my sisters from another mother (as another friend always says to me,,,I like that!!)

Well,,,we are off the Island,,,,after 2 wks of packing up,,,one trip to storage,,,,time to leave sort of snuck up on us,,,weird feeling,,since we don't usually leave and head directly south till after the first week on Oct....anyway....there are still a lot of fires burning and today we could see the haze in the air again....it will start raining (FINALLY) tomorrow for 3 or 4 days,,,then a little sunny break and more rain,,,so hopefuly it will help to start dousing those fires,,,down into Washington State too!!

OMG Kim,,,,the hardest things I have to pack away every year are my crystals,,,,not counting what I put into storage when we downsized...and did I leave them out front where I could access them and switch them out yearly???? noooooooooo,,,,,my best keepers are at the very back,,snugly packed in bubble wrap, foam and anything soft,,,in totes and boxes,,,,oh yes I have crystal,,,,and some very special rocks too...I have picked up pebbles and pretty rocks all my life,,,from everywhere.

Here's a site you might like www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals
The Crystal Bibles,,,1 2 and 3 by Judy Hill
And crystal books by Melody…..Love is in the Earth

Rockhounds or gemologists, collect everything,,,but crystal collectors usually prefer crystal
I’m good at collecting, then have to learn about it,,,sort of backwards,,,I never had a deep interest in geology,,,just shiny pretty things,,,especially ones that say ‘pick me’!!!

When Allan retired I told him he better find a hobby cuz I wasn’t giving up my spiritual studies..lol!
He tried metal detectors, then the first year we went south and all the way to New Mexico to see Laura and Rob and it was a real learn as you go rockhounding experience,,,we got books and drove to various sites and dug and chipped away and went through tailing piles…
I think I started finding chalcedony (kel-ced-ony) and we stumbled into fire agate,,,,bingo,,,,Allan found his passion!
We headed back west so we could go to the big rock show in Quartzite, then we went north and found a sweet little resort on the CA side of the Colorado River,,,cross the bridge and we’re in AZ,,we’re about an hr south of the southern tip of Nevada.
In Jan of that year we discovered a gentleman wo has fire agate claims just east of Oatman AZ and Allan has been digging up there every year since. It’s too hard work for me to do,,,swinging picks and sledge hammers isn’t in my folio anymore,,,so I walk the washes and desert area around the claims and find chalcedony,,,some of it I find even has druzy crystal on it,,,but the good stuff comes out of the ground,,,off the matrix rock or in clay pockets,,,so beautiful you would just drool,,,lol!
So when we come home, I put up a big display across the dash of the RV and enjoy it all summer,,,go to storage and bring back the suitcases (very heavy) and boxes that I put away,,,and spend the summer sorting and cleaning……I never get to the back for my stored away (from the house) crystal,,,but I hope someday to lay my eyes on it all again…..I shouldn’t talk about it,,,it makes me miss certain pieces…they are like children….
I remember one time when I had got the collecting bug probably 20 yrs ago,,,after we built the house..
And I was collecting the common ones,,,rose quartz, amethyst, citrine, tourmalines, flourite, different crystal,,lapis, tigers eye, sodalite, celestite, selenite,,, all kinds of agates,,you name it….I probably have it….and I had a coffee table about 1 ½ x 3 ft long and I had all my crystal and rock on it…..a real absorption time it was….well for some reason I packed them all up (probably needed to use the coffee table) and after a few days I started feeling ‘off’,,,lonely sad,,,empty and thot….I wonder….so I arranged a board to fit ito a corner over a cabinet that was on the diagonal from wall to wall and I had a ‘shelf’ which I made different levels with books and boxes then covered it all with cloth,,,then started arranging my crystal and stone.
And the love that flooded from them was incredible……..
So by the time we packed up the house 21 yrs later,,,omg….I only sold one piece…a 2 ½ foot amethyst geode, and I gave certain pieces to close friends,,,,but otherwise,,,it’s all waiting for me…I should open a store!!......if we ever stop driving around again hahahahahahah..

Oh by the way,,,,it took us 3 yrs to sell the house,,,and that long to pare it down to the keepables,,,hope you never have to do it!!

well it's almost 11pm I know I haven't replied to all your comments S & K...

but more next time.....

loves pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello "Sisters"...and of course anyone else who happens to be visiting this page.

I am enjoying all this crystal talk and I am making notes as PP talks as to reference books and "what nots". Like Lynn, I was always picking up rocks. I guess you could call me a know nothing about them, rockhound. I just pick them up cause something about them calls to me. (maybe not literally but well you know. ) I would have smiled and wondered years ago at the idea that crystals can communicate in a manner of speaking , but then I had my own personal experience with a couple crystals, one in particular. It was sort of a rosie red colored rough quartz that I picked up in Hill End on our hilariously ill fated camping trip. I picked up a bucket full but there was something about that roughly two inch square crystal that affected me... seriously! It moved me in a very loving way to tears at times when I held it. And I loved it right back in, I suppose you could say, a strictly platonic friendship. ;) Until one day I was talking to a dear friend and suddenly I knew beyond a doubt that the crystal was meant for her. It was hard parting with it but crystals are a gift in themselves and such a joy to view, use and share. I would like to know more about them too so I must look into getting one of those "Crystal Bible" books you recommend, PP.

My "puter" as Petra would say is up and running. It wound up being my monitor was kapoot. So thankfully, my grandson and I are back at our nearly nightly communication. He seems to be quite the artist and with that imagination I am hoping to get pointers from him about my own return to sketching and painting. Maybe I'll finally try to finish a dragon painting I began for my son almost 2 decades ago. :roll: That is, I will if I can get the lids off my oil tubes which have been sitting in my art box in my dad's shed for 11 years now. Some of that paint I've had since I was twelve years old. But, strangely enough, it stays good as long as you get the lids back on securely.

It is a gorgeous warm sunny day over here and I am walking around bare foot. (feet :mrgreen: ) The yard is full of interesting birds and we should be seeing the lizards running around full force again soon. The asparagus is coming up now and every day G is bringing in a couple fresh stalks. I do believe I enjoy them better raw then cooked. We've also been contemplating what we can plant in the empty spaces in the gardens this year. (would do just as well to plant rabbit food for little Stuart and Teddy who usually get the best of any produce we purchase or grow.

PP, I had a feeling you were on the road so I have been praying for your safe travels. I can't wait to hear about the places you go and what you see. It is fun traveling through your eyes and Kim's too! I feel almost as if I am there seeing what you see.

Well, I'm off to see what "trouble" I can get into.
Love to all,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

:hithere :kiss: ,

Our family is full of rock lovers, that's why I buy them for gifts on our vacations. Some of my favorite memories are of walking around our driveway after a rain looking for petoskey stones with my mom. Dave can spot one while driving through an orchard on a tractor, we have buckets and buckets of them. Since Mom's passing, whenever I'm really missing her, invariably I'll look down at the ground and find a heart shaped rock, bonus if it's a heart shaped petoskey stone! When our local rock shop building was demolished, Dave brought me buckets of interesting rocks to look through, many of them still line my gardens.

Received a book from my husband for my birthday last week, it was The Encyclopedia of Crystals by Judy Hall! I've done so much research on stones and crystals and their meanings on-line, they don't necessarily agree. I'm glad to hear he chose an author you vouch for.

When we saw the rock shop in Hill City SD, with the over flowing wire bins outside, my eyes widened and I held my breath! Dave laughed and said, "Go ahead," He checked the air in the tires, fixed the problem we were having with the head lights, checked all the fluids, cleaned out the car, looked over the Atlas, took a nap and I still hadn't made it inside. One of my purchases was a two pound bag of glacial quartzite.

I'm trying to figure out how Allan could make you a display case built into the outside of your house on wheels so you could travel with them. But I suppose then you'd be like the Pied Piper of Rock Hounds, everyone would be following you where ever you went!

We're slowly trying to sort through our stuff, so our kids won't hate us when we die. The whole family seems to be going through a minimizing phase. Our daughter-in-law makes regular videos for u-tube called 'The Messy Minimalist'. I'm much to sentimental to be overly strict when it comes to family keepsakes. I actually saved things that were Rachel's mom's for our grand kids. I make sure Clementine knows they were Grandma Jeannie's. Now if your talking National Geographics! Come on Dave it's not like they're my mom's holiday dishes!... Maybe in twenty years we'll get there.

Sandy having a strong OMG!!! feeling reading your post. If I'm repeating myself I apologize. Definitely some stones are meant for certain people. A heart shaped turquoise stone fit perfectly into a sculpture Ken made. I'd found the stone two years ago cleaning the rental house for a birthday party honoring my brother who had passed away the July before. I treasured that stone because I found it right after asking Rick if this party was the right thing to do. I pulled back immediately, "No way I'm not using that stone." Other ones just didn't fit right, I kept going back to the turquoise. The sudden realization hit me, "Of course! This sculpture is for Clare!" My brother's youngest daughter had been going through a really tough time. It wasn't my stone, so I could let it go.

Among the stones from our vacation one really caught my eye, didn't know why I had to have it, but followed my gut. Later at home while... marveling at them, Aleah picked it up, "Interesting! This one's for you see, it has a rose on it, no a rose garden!"

I looked closer, knew I needed to buy the stone, but didn't feel any connection to it. Without thinking I said, "Oh, Patty." It was surprising to me because my sister wasn't on my mind in the least.

Aleah laughed, "Oh you were supposed to buy it! It's for Aunt Patty from Grandma." She then showed me how my mom had just tapped me on the side of my head reminding me. A few days later I was able to identify the stone, it was a little scary reading the description of it's healing properties. Exactly the healing my sister needs.

Two days ago I decided to look for a site to finally once and for all give me some instruction on drawing. My children's stories are collecting dust and cobwebs. Found one I liked and the first practice sketches were of 'a dragon'. Which I thought was weird animal to start with because I'd just given my daughter a sculpture Ken had made because it looked like a dragon! And a voice in the back of my head said, "Oh, this is for Aleah!"

Is it a stretch telling you that Clementine has had me read books about dragons daily for over a week? Had an amazing meditation a few days ago about crystals. Hmm, dragons and crystals? Well, my brain is tired. Glad your computer was and easier fix than having to buy a whole new one. Have you told us before you were an artist? Asparagus is delicious raw! Love you guys!

Kim

peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Where would I be without you 2 reminding me of stories by telling your own,,,, :bana: :bana: :bana:

btw.....a belated Happy Birthday Kim (ok,,a really, belated HBD to S & G too)
Judy Hall has some youtubes on crystals also,,,she's a funny but very lovely British lady..
good luck on getting your art work going again,,,I never did,,,and I do regret it and believe it or not,,my paint case and small easel are actually in the shed on the Island...I get seriously sidetracked!!!

but first off,,,,Kim I haven't heard of a petosky stone....can you describe it??? of course you know lots of stones get there names,,from the person who found it,,,,don't know why this one comes to mind,,,but a snake skin agate, does look like snakeskin.....lepoard agate has the dots,,,plume agate looks sort of like see thru rock with 'plumes in it,,,picture jasper,,actually has scenery pictures ,,,and on and on,,,,or named from where they are found,,,,and you'll find they all have like lineage,,,and most go back to quartz....so sometimes identification will drive you crazy....I decided to ignore it and only focus what I am attracted to,,,,the ones that say 'pick me',,,then I go home and look it up and discover why I picked,,,er,,,it picked me,,,that particular stone...

and you are right about people not being in agreement about what stones are and do, or what your supposed to do with them...it's really rather subjective,,,,sure,,the mineral composition should be exact...but the crystals do 'communicate,,,as you both know....so what they might say to one ,,,just might be a bit different than what they tell another,,,depending on the person and what they need at the time...

this year we are taking our AZ friend some Island flower stone,,,,it's not "The" Crysthanthemum Stone,,,but it does look lie it has flowers like that rock on it,,,or what they call 'chinese writing stones,,,lots of sketchy marks on it.

I loved your "rose quartz" story Sandy,,,and you are absolutely right,,,,sometimes you just have to send them off with someone, and you just know it! I had a long polished rose quartz wand, that one day I just dropped...it only broke into 2 and I knew right away who I had to give the other half to.
Last winter 4 of us ladies were doing a meditation and I had set 4 crystal pillars at each corner of the table....then I bumped the table and one sort of floated off,,,I watched it like in slow motion,,,,hit the stone tile floor and broke into 4 neat pieces...yep you don't even have to ask do you??

The crystal Bible books are good because they have pictures.....but the definitions are best in Melody's Love is in the Earth,,,but no pictures...
and sometimes pictures just might not look exactly like the crystal or stone that you are trying to find.

I just went to the Crystal Vault site that I gave you the link to and found this,,

[Ahsian, pp.] Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian, The Book of Stones (Berkley, CA: North Atlantic Books, 2007).

[Eason, pp. ]Cassandra Eason, The New Crystal Bible (London: Carlton Books Ltd., 2010).

[Fernie, pp.] William T. Fernie, The Occult and Curative Powers of Precious Stones (Blauvelt, NY: Rudolph Steiner Publications, 1973).

[Gienger, pp.] Michael Gienger, Healing Crystals (Scotland: Earthdancer Books, 2009).

[Hall, pp.] Judy Hall, The Crystal Bible (Cincinnati, OH: Walking Stick Press, 2003).

[Hall 2, pp.]Judy Hall, The Crystal Bible 2 (Cincinnati, OH: Walking Stick Press, 2009).

[Kunz, pp.] George Frederick Kunz, The Curious Lore of Precious Stones (New York: Dover Publications, 1971).

[Megemont, pp.] Florence Megemont, The Metaphysical Book of Gems and Crystals (Rochester, VT: Healing Arts Press, 2008).

[Mella, pp.] Dorothee L. Mella, Stone Power II (Albuquerque, NM: Brotherhood of Life, Inc., 1986).

[Melody, pp.] Melody, Love Is In The Earth (Wheat Ridge, CO: Earth-Love Publishing House, 1995).

[Raphaell, pp.] Katrina Raphaell, Crystal Enlightenment (Santa Fe, NM: Aurora Press, 1985)

[Simmons, pp.] Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian, The Book of Stones (Berkley, CA: North Atlantic Books, 2007).

I think they are the best of the best,,,

meanwhile,,my computer battery needs charging,,,so I gotta go for now,,,

loves to you both (and all lurking nearby)

pp xoxoxo :bike:
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello again (She says sheepishly).... Kim, I am so sorry I forgot your birthday! I hope it was a happy one and I will just have to send love and blessings today in stead. ((((((KIM))))))
PP, you have one coming up too I believe in October... (one of my favorite months!) :bana:

I too have never heard of a petoskey stone. So I looked it up... Here you go...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petoskey_stone

Sounds like they are found mostly in the Michigan area as they are actually fossilized coral that the glacier made smooth. and PP you are right how sometimes the stones are named from a person. The article goes on to say,
"The name comes from an Ottawa Indian Chief, Chief Pet-O-Sega. The city of Petoskey, Michigan, is also named after him, and is the center of the area where the stones are found. The stones are commonly found on beaches and in sand dunes."
I found a short article and photo of Chrysanthemum Stone. http://fieldguidetexada.weebly.com/abou ... -rock.html It too is stunning and it's spiritual properties seemingly would make it a coveted stone to have close by.

I looked up a this one too.... Snake Skin Agate
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=snak ... 3&bih=1082

Leopard Agate...
https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C ... fP3stoLgOQ

and Plume Agate... (OH MY! Just look at it! WOW! )
https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C ... 1XE5Cz8nTo

And look at this one, Picture Jasper! :sunflower: ...
https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C ... GXTJsQ7FFc

They are all stunning! I had a thought when looking at the Picture Jasper... " The Creator is the Master of all Master artists. "

Speaking of artists... I am not one..I have just dabbled all my life until that is the last 10 years or so... I find it interesting the sychronocities though... with Dragons and stone gifting. What's up with that?
Anyway I am enjoying all this crystal/stone talk. I am thinking that people who haven't experienced the energy of the crystals might think we are nuts...but it is something when you experince you know the truth of it. I also believe that with patience and an open and allowing mind just about anyone can feel their way through a "pile of rocks." :D

I must say I had goosebumps while reading your post, Kim, especially the Turquoise heart stone. (Of course most of these in the following are man designed but still gives it provides us an image of what you lovingly gave up for Clare.
https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C ... du9-ZVxkQA

You know, Kim, you could probably get valuable information about publishing children's books from our Doc Viv. She is working on publishing another one in the next few months. She doesn't stick to traditional paint sketching methods to make her illustrations. One of her books was illustrated from quilts and her latest will have been illustrated with mosaics. She has a gofund me going right now for anybody who is interested. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... ?ref=email There is a video on the page where Vivian speaks of creating her "Thank You for Giraffes" book. " and she shows one of her illustration quilts next to its counterpart in the book... AWESOME!!! Well worth a look see.

Well I am off now to check on the bunnies who refused to go into their hutch this morning. I didn't force the issue because I didn't want to go inside either.
Love to everybody out there!
hugs,
Sandy

Kim, who was the famous children's book artist who made her illustrations from dryer lint? I should know this because a friend of mine went to one of her lectures at a college in the area and she gave me an autographed copy of one of her books. Sadly it disappeared somehow in the move. :(
Maybe books like crystals go where they are needed. ;) :hithere