The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Re: The Secret

Post by theunim »

:loves no problem!

PP, let me know how it tastes with dark chocolate- I bet it's a whole different experience! I hope your sister will like it. :) I think the next time I make a regular batch, I will make an effort to get the white chocolate chunks, not use the morsels, and see how the flavor changes.

Also, am looking forward to the day that we can afford to have the beagle, since it'll easily become a running buddy for either or both the husband and me. :D Ahahaha, that reminds me, my husband and I dream of having two beagles, and naming them Bagel and Baguette. (Just keeping on the food topic here. :o )
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

Sandy, by the way, I gladly bring bananas in with said recipe, even if only on the forum for now. :kiss:

How do you grow banana trees? I always wanted to know this, since every time I ate one I always thought, hey those black spots, if they're seeds...how do you plant them? :scratch:
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Good Morning or evening!

T, I have to say that is one good sounding cookie recipe! I have always loved chocolate of every description..black, white, brown...color doesn't matter to me as its all good as it slides down my plump little throat. So I thank you and it is the perfect answer to my delimma of what to serve in the cookie department to George's son and family when they visit us for Easter. The little boys don't eat chocolate...(I am thinking chocolate-chocolate as PP says, the "dark stuff". :lol: That's the only thing my sis, Cindy will eat...dark chocolate. My she can certainly put it away and not gain an ounce... :shock: Go figure???? ) So anyway, when they visit us on Easter I will serve your cookies, T and maybe some kind of dessert...pie or something of that nature. :D

T where was Young's dairy Farm in Ohio? Ohio was my old stomping ground, at least north eastern Ohio. I lived there about 25 years. I also have kids in the Columbus area too. So that is a sort of central location.
Oh, there's a great place to visit in the Fall if you ever find yourself in the Youngstown area...It is called Peace Valley Apple Orchard and it is such a lovely place to visit with their week end hayrides and petting zoo for the kids...apple dumplings, homemade pies, jellies, jams, and plenty of their own home grown fruits and pumpkins to buy in large or small amounts. They are set on top of some rolling hills and the fall scenery up there is gorgeous! The whole orchard is owned by family members and they all take part in the running of the orchard and business...doing a bang-up job too! I sound like their biggest champions, eh? :lol: Well, I must admit I have a lot of good memories with my own kids and my preschool class children from the field trips in Septemeber. I can't make home made apple sauce without thinking of those lovely days...so good! :sunflower:

I am making George Sheppards Pie tonight and I must admit it smells delicious! I, on the other hand, good smell or not, will be having, the not nearly so aromatic, slivered vegetable chop suey. :bana: (I'm just putting on a brave face here. Anyway...it is nutritious if not delicious! ;) :roll: )

I will ask George about the banana tree planting. Seems like he has told me before something about this but it has been lost in the filing system in my brain these days. I believe they need lots of water to grow and I also think they are cut way back each year and only one shoot allowed to grow back...well something like that. I thank you for bringing bananas in to the thread tonight...gosh I miss them...and of course the banana bread I used to bake with the older fruits. :mrgreen:

Okay the oven timers gone off so I'd better get a move on if we are going to eat tonight. :hithere
With Love, LUV2
XXSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
sammy

Post by sammy »

PP - Hmmmm...what am I going to bring if your are bringing the double chocolate brownies? OH! How about dinner...I'll be serving some lemon brandy chicken...I love cooking that because you get to set it on fire at the end!

Oh my...my kitty won't stop walking on my keyboard - making it a bit hard to type at the moment...guess I'd better do this later!

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello everyone, you little darhlinks!
I don't like sweet things except a few things like Zucker kuchen, strawberry flan, cheesecake
and strawberry yoghurts. So, I'll make home made potato chips (crisps to us Brits!) and a bottle
of organic home made elderberry champagne (only 2% proof, :lol: ) Phil's elderberry champers
was to die for. Thankfully there are loads of elder here. And aloe vera. I always snap a leaf off
and rub it on the skin as a mask for youthful skin, and if I cut myself.
One year Phil and I got badly sunburnt and fresh aloe vera helped it immensely. It was already
better by bed time.
Phil is going bonkers today; driving me up the wall. It's raining and he's in a bread making mood.
He's made 4 loaves already (with bread maker) and Mathilda complains that his bread isn't quite as
nice as when I made it by hand. So, I make my bread every now and again for her, he he!

Oh yesterday I left the home at 8am and told Phil he could take my day for me (it had rained but stopped
the second I left the village in my car.) The kid's were fighting again and I'd had enough. I drove and
drove to I-didn't-know-where, just went with my instincts and urge. I ended up 50km's later near the
centre of the island by a beautiful river, with mountains surrounding me, Spring in the air and the sight
and colours were so dazzling at one point I could have wept. (I almost had an accident at one point because
the sight and colours were so distracting, that's why I pulled over.)
It was a lovely morning, just slouching in the sand in the sun listening to the water and birds etc, whilst
reading my book. After a while something distracted me; a little white butterfly. It kept to my peripheral left
side, and after a minute ventured right in my face, so I put the book away. It fluttered around my head a
few times and carried on fluttering right in my face for about a full minute before finally leaving me.
I was filled with joy again, that hasn't happened in a long time.
When I got home the kids opened the window screaming MAMA WE MISSED YOU! DON'T LEAVE US AGAIN!"
Nice to be wanted ay?

Sorry it was a long post, Love to you all, Pet xxx :loves
ॐ LOVE Petra
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Good day to all my loves, my doves, my beautiful ones :sunny:

It feels like it has been some time since I took a minute out to post in the 11:11 chat room. I've been reading and, while working up an appetite and particular jonesing for bananas, you've also managed to appeal to the pet lover in me!

Well first of all, let me say to Sammy that I know what it's like to have a cat on your keyboard; that used to happen to me way too many times back in my high school MSN Messenger days, and it was always too late before he hit enter so I'd have to explain that my kitty was typing gibberish.

And to T, I think it would be pretty sweet to have a beagle too! Well, I've always liked the idea of having a bit of a bigger dog to play with and run around with.. truth be told, my family actually has FOUR dogs and they're all little. One pom, one toy poodle, and two different chihuahuas. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em, but you can't really *do* anything with them except hold them, get licked, or listen to them bark.

Oh yeah, and Sandy.. that vegetable chop suey actually sounds pretty good! What other great hot veggie meals do you favour around your household?

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Pet, your day sounds wonderful and exactly what you neded to refresh the inner you... I can't help but think that lovely buterfly knew exactly what he was doing. I suspect the butterfly wasn't the only being keeping you company on that gorgeous spring day!
I just love the smell of homemade bread! I will probably be making some tomorrow..since we have one slice left that George and I will fight over tomorrow. Hopefully it will turn out better then the last loaf which was slightly concave on top!????
Lucky, you asked about the slivered vegetable chop suey. Well, the slivered vegetable chop suey is an unusual raw dish. All of the many vegetables used are sliced very, very thin. Let's see there's bok choy, green beans, snow pea pods, red pepper, zucchini, red onion, carrots and celery.) Then you add bean sprouts, garlic, and then seeds like sunflower and pumpkin along with spices like gingeroot and celantro, a couple Tablespoons of Tamara (or soy Sauce) and a couple Tablespoons of sesame oil and let the huge bowl of stuff sit for an hour or so. It is a lot of work but makes a lot and so I eat it for days when I make it...breakfast lunch and dinner.. A friend of ours, Beaver, gave me these raw vegetable cookbooks a couple years ago when she was here for a visit and there are some wonderful recipes in them. Since we've been low carb though, I haven't fixed them very often. I have just sort of been craving this so I'm thinking my body must have been needing something this dish provides. :scratch:

Okay I have babbled on enough for one night... :oops: It is so good to share this internet home with all of you!... :loves
Hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

PP, I'm here! I'm praying that something happens with your house. I know that this has been in the works for a long time! Also, please give Laura my best next time you talk to her. I miss her here.

Petra, I've had that happen with butterflies, too. They are so beautiful and I really have a special connection with them. It always seems that the pop up when I'm feeling overwhelmed or down.

And to all of my other dear friends, LOVE to you all.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
sammy

Post by sammy »

:hithere Hi again sweeties!

Busy busy week...I'm going to have to eat and run! Glad I know so many marvelous cooks...not to mention boot leggers ;)

Just poking in to send some love to all you wonderful souls...on a dead line and have to get my basement cleaned out :shock: Hmmmm...wonder if Midwayers are handy at that!

LOVE!!!! :loves
Sammy
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

:lol: :lol:Oh yeah Sammy,,,,,
regarding housecleaners
wonder if Midwayers are handy at that!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they might be handier on the 'dead line' sorry for the off humour !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you Clare
since we put it on the MLS we've had three looky loo's, it is a special piece of property to own and house with only two bedrooms,,,but it was 'our' dream...what/who it really needs is a couple in their 30's+ with one or two kids in their low teens or younger...the lake has it's own camping area,,,lovely wide walk paths that wind around the mid and lower part of the property....behind the house and above it is still bush and trees and I call that area 'the bear walk' cuz when they go through the property, that's where they go. I haven't seen one in years, but we have seen scat (bear poop) in a couple of places. The dear have already munched down the day lilies and monbretia...
and the hummingbirds are madly fighting with each other over the feeders....I'm surprised they are here at all...we had snow this morning, about an inch,,,the whole deck was frozen.....14th of Apri ????? I could have slid down the whole length and off the end....now if there were bales of hay, below,,,it could have been fun!

Sandy.... all I can say is mmmm mmmmm mmmmm, I've copied it already !

well I've already yabbered enough,,,but I can't go till I've said hi to everyone....so hang in there.....

I loved to hear about your morning escape Pet.....sometimes you just gotta do it, and you won on all fronts. good goin :bike: Allan makes your Brit crisps too....better than any you can buy in a bag...even better than kettle chips/crisps.

I gave up hand making bread, and resorted to a machine....not too long ago we were having a house viewing,,,so I thought I'd make some bread.....Allan says...and what are you going to make it with,,,,I said, flour, salt, yeast, sugar,milk and lard.

I totally forgot that I had given my breadmaker away... :shock: .....that's nothing,,,,I kept my braun mixer, but gave the fitted bowl away. I think I can order another one.

well I've really overdone my share of talking.....I've hung around the international coffee house all day....I'm sure I'm gaining weight....so I'll get on with Sandy's slivered chop suey....although tonight is chicken and rice with maybe yellow beans and a ceasar salad ...

Hello Lucky :hithere ,,,believe me big dogs can be a real drawback! and you can too do things with small dogs....they love doing tricks...we had a couple of heinz 57's when we were growing up, and they were alot of fun.....taught them to roll over, jump a stick....but they were happiest going along with us...especially to the beach, and running beside our bicycles....they guarded us just as if they were rotties....they'd even take rotties on....what a pair...such a long time ago too....hmmmmm

ok sweet ones....time for my supper....have a good evening, and I'll pass on regards to Laura...

loves to all...pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Oh!!!! Theunim,,,,,how did I miss you :oops:

I did send the recipe to my sister, and she really appreciated it...so thanks again.

with dark chocolate and morsels and oatmeal, I can taste them already....

Allan's dishing up,,so I gotta go now...

see you guys later....loves pp xoxo :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
sammy

Post by sammy »

PP!!!!! I rolled with laughter on that one!

:lol: :lol:Oh yeah Sammy,,,,,
regarding housecleaners

wonder if Midwayers are handy at that!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they might be handier on the 'dead line' sorry for the off humour !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PP - sending some good selling vibes!

Back to food (haven't had breakfast yet....)....Today will be left overs...grilled chicken fajitas with grilled veggies and candied onions...I've decided that much like chocolate and bacon, candied onions make EVERYTHING taste better! YUM! Trying REALLY hard to stay away from making brownies...if they get made, I'll eat for breakfast and lunch...not dinner though because I finish them off LONG before dinner!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
Sammy
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

PP, you missed me? Aw, I feel like I stayed off the chat too long. I have to be more responsible on this thread, too, and answer more in a timely manner. :oops:

Your property sounds like a dream come true for someone out there...I'd buy your place in a heartbeat if I could've. Alas, many of my dreams take a lot of money that I don't have right now. :oops:
But, SENDING YOU GOOD VIBES FOR SELLING, TOO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maybe your guides can direct the right people to the property?? :D

Lucky, when you initially told me that you had dogs, I had an impression they were middle-sized dogs or larger....maybe in spirit they're bigger than what they are physically?? :loves
PP's tidbits about her dogs are convincing me even more to try and prioritize certain things around the house, schedule, and budget, so we can get a move-on on being able to have a pet join our little family. My husband and I don't want to think about getting too small of a dog because of the amount of energy some types have- like what Lucky said about what you can do with small dogs, we initially assumed they could only be lap dogs. We fell in love with a cousin's dog, a Welsh Corgi-Dachshund mix, because he was perfect in temperament, size, and he was soooooooooo cute. The cousin also has a Boxer, but he is a HANDFUL because he likes being around people and just hanging out, but he doesn't quite get that the people don't want him around them ALL the time. (He grew up spoilt, you see. :lol:) However, the Boxer is good around children, too, and every time someone sneezes or coughs and he's in the vicinity, he runs up to you and gets all in your face (if you're sitting, especially), with what you might think is a worried look, maybe as if to say, "Oh no! Are you sick? Are you coming down with something?"

Such is life...we now have a yard, but it needs a dog. :lol: But if I think about it, if we have a dog and he/she is outside, the birds won't come down into the yard freely as they do now, and I won't be able to watch them peck at the ground around the tiny purple flowers that have sprung up all over the backyard. Give/take?
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

Sammy, those leftovers sound good. I gotta go and get breakfast now...
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

HELLO! Just posting to bring this up a little further, ya know? :)

Not to be all up about food again, but I am beginning to explore new recipes from the myriads of cookbooks I've...amassed, so to speak. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I might start a food photo album just for all the adventures I have, but often I forget to take pictures! So, I hope whatever I take will be accurate enough... :oops:

Hope other folks can pass by and stay awhile! I guess I should get some tea brewing and see who else might come along... :mrgreen:
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi T,
I'll take a cup of tea please! I have been meaning to tell you that I did make those white chocolate blueberry cookies for Georg's family this year! We both splurged and had a couple and they were delicious! I was thinking too that around Christmas that recipe would also be good substittuting the blueberries for dried cranberries... The colors would be beautiful and the sharp taste of the cranberries would easily be offeset by the white chocolate. anyway, thank you for that recipe. It will remain one of my favorites!

Oh I think your idea to create a sort of food photo album would be fabulous! I can see it as a sort of food diary with pictures of a sort that would be long cherished by your future offspring...How I wish I had something like that from my mother and Grandmother.(s) All three of them are/were excellent cooks and much of what my Grandmother's cooked was in their head. They never measured anything they had such a feel for their repertoire of old time favorites.

Hey, you never know... You may be another Julia Childs! ;) :D

Love,
Sandy
AJ

Post by AJ »

I am willing to bet that this thread has never been on the second page!
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

:hithere Tea coming up! :)

AJ, I would hope it never has to be on the second page, but if it does, it could be because there's more posting going on, right?? ;)

Sandy, I'm happy to hear that you, George, and the family enjoyed the outcome of the recipe! Please do share it with us on how it goes when you substitute with cranberries. That would be very interesting, I think. What brand of white chocolate was used for this batch?

I got this recipe from a cookie book, 500 Cookies, but I initially got the motivation to want to make it after eating such a cookie at a coffee shop near the college I attended, before I even had my mitts on the book. That cookie's definitely a different variation, because none of the batches I've made have come out the way the coffee shop's version did, but perhaps it's because of the white chocolate I used...Or something. Who knows? I'll change it up when I'm ready. :)

I admire Julia Child a lot, actually! I was so happy to read her autobiography, My Life in France. It gave me a little bit of comfort about the impending move I was facing within the last year because of my husband's military commitment. To me, it seemed like she was really very much a go-getter, no matter what the situation she was in, and I'm glad she chose to spend her post-CIA/OSS time learning to become a cook and eventually opening doors for herself with the energy she put into all of it! :D I just plain think if I had her kind of zest and energy for anything I am into, I can do the same. (One of my ultimate dreams is to open a bakery :finger: ;))

I'd like to cook like the way your mother and grandmother did, where I could feel confident enough that the ingredients I toss into a pot is the *right* amount and what not, but I know that's going to come with making a recipe over and over again, definitely! :) Thank you for giving me the idea for a physical album. I was just thinking to have a digital one, kind of like these food bloggers online, but the way technology can be to me, I'm still attracted to handwriting and making other things by hand when I can. :loves Now, to do research on how the album should look... :lol:

Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Just wanted to say hi and send love to everybody!

Love
Lucky
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

Hey Lucky! Hope you can post more when you get a chance, and have some tea at the same time! :)

Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everybody,

I believe it has been on page 2 a couple times, AJ. It seems we go through quiet periods in our chatting and then somebody will pop on and get it going again. It is sort of a little history of all of us ...our friendships together and our growings... and on those rare occasions when I dip into its back pages I inevitably see someone I miss who may for some reason moved on into other pursuits but still the conversations recorded still make me feel good again just like they did the first time around. I know Gypsie didn't plan on this to happen and that her long ago thread should become our chatroom but I suppose that is what it has evolved to.

I just spoke to my parents today whom live just outside Knoxville and they were telling me about the horrible series of storms that have been striking the southern US today. They were fortunate and the severe stroms missed their home but others have not been so fortunate. I hope all of you out there are safe. AJ, did you and Shield have any weather problems in Kentucky?

T, I love your idea of having a bake shop. If you ever need an assistant please remember me... ;) I think it would be such a joy to make lovely baked goods that please people so. What fun! I am sure with your drive your dreams will materialize! :D
What was the name of that movie a couple years ago about a young woman who admired Julia Childs and decided to do every one of the recipe, one a night, from her cookbook. She then wrote about her experience throughout the year on her blog. I think it was a true story. Just can't remember the name of the film... Probably something simple. ???
Getting ready to walk to the post office with George in the rain. :sunflower: (gotta love those rainy days!) :hithere
Hugs,
Sandy

P.S. Lucky I promise I will sweep up any crumbs you drop here. ;) Your "crumbs" are always appreciated! :loves
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

Sandy, the movie was Julie & Julia - They made the movie really well, and the book was written by the Julie (Powell). I tried to read some of her blog after seeing the movie, but I couldn't...she had a lot of cursing in there that I ultimately felt was unnecessary. (Had I seen this in my high school years, I might have said something different about all the cussing :oops: ) In the movie, Julie's experiences were more or less like plowing through the book and not really enjoying each recipe or repeating them, it seemed, but I still had fun watching the story unfold on her end. I thought Julia Child's story in the movie was done quite well, though. Ahhh, the movie overall left a pleasant feeling in my brain. :)

I'm glad to hear your parents are okay. The weather over there does get worrisome, and I'm feeling somewhat surprised that it happened pretty fast to them in the southern area of the USA.

I'll definitely be keeping you in mind, Sandy. :loves

When you walk in the rain, do you have rain boots? I left mine in NYC but to get another pair probably wouldn't be necessary unless there's lots of flooding coming our way, and even then I still have winter boots to turn to just in case. :mrgreen: Still, I love rain boots for the way they're made and how they're made to look differently compared to other boots and shoe styles.

Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,

— Rumi

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi T,

Thanks for the movie title! it was driving me crazy trying to remember it! I watched the movie on the plane the last trip in between Sydney and LAX. I cannot sleep on a plane and so I usually occupy myself watching one movie after another when they have those little TV screens on the back of the seat in front of you. I am simply out of luck if they don't have those and I spend a very boring time while lights are out and everyone else is snoozing. :(

I usually wear flip flops if I am stomping in puddles! LOL It usually isn't all that chilly here so that works great and protects my feet a little bit. They have these little plants that grow in the grass like weeds, called Bindis. That hurt your feet with their little tiny briar burrs...I am not good at recognizing them even though George has showed me a half a dozen times. So I usually wear something on my feet (flip flops) when walking in our backyard despite my hillbilly barefoot tendencies.

Have a good week end everybody! :hithere
Love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Everyone! :hithere
I know this is the forum to come to catch up after being away for a time! It's so nice to reach out and share a cup of tea with you, and especially the cookies, and other goodies. Seems like the main themes lately are recipes, dogs, PP's land, and the weather.

PP,
I'd hoped that you were well on your way leaving tire tracks across the country by now, know you weren't excited about spending another winter there. Feel that I owe you about a thousand e-mails.

As for dogs all I can say about beagles is, our two beagle/spanials have been exceptional around children, but are huge garbage pickers. Love to have total body experiences with anything rotten and smelly. We lost one a couple of months ago after fourteen years. They both love/loved being around the family, all the time. In my experience it's not so much the breed that counts, but the personality and relationship you have with them.

Sandy, your cookie description had me drooling. Aleah is by far the best baker in the family. It's a given if there's any special occasion or event coming up, she's expected to work her dessert preparing magic.

The weather lately has been extreme. Dave was talking about all the tornadoes last night. He said that the number for the season has already doubled the national average! We had a break in the rain last night when it started snowing again, fortunately no accumulation. We just lost the last snow bank this past week!

AJ, your kids just keep getting cuter and cuter.

Love you Pet! :bana:

Gees why do I feel the overwhelming urge to make an omelet? Should have figured this thread would make me hungry!

Love you all,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi everybody!
We just finished an oven omelet for breakfast, Kim. :D Actually, I guess it was more on the lines of a Quishe. I tell you...I am atracting some interesting events surrounding our stove and oven these days. About a month ago the spring broke in the oven door and so to keep it closed we have to wedge it with a 2 by 4 and now, as of this week, our only two burners on the stove do not work as well. So I have been racking my brain, thinking of ways to fix meals in the oven as well as avoiding getting my legs bashed as I load and unload the hot dishes. I suppose I had better break down and let our landlord know that my beloved late fifties stove from the period when Australians still used Farienheit scale needs to be replaced. I must admit I have grown rather attached to the silly thing. :roll: (It's just a thing, Sandy! ;) ... thought I'd get that in before someone else did. :lol: ) Well, we can't go on like this forever...maybe we could but I would rather not if it could be helped. :?

T, I just wanted to tell you I love your new photo! Both the photos we have seen on the board emmit a glowing kind of love. You are a special young lady and a blessing on the board. :D

Hey did anybody else watch the Royal wedding last night? I found myself in tears as I watched Prince William and Catherine say their vows. I hope and pray they have a good life and affect this world in a most positive way!
Love,
Sandy