The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
luvinlife
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Secret

Post by luvinlife »

My mouth is watering thinking about that lemonade! Sandy, basil grows wonderfully here in Florida. I love it with farm-fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese, a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Okay, maybe we should have a favorite recipe thread? Yes, I can't wait for our online nephew to come! Has this board ever followed others through their pregnancies? Just curious. The kids started school, and we're back to fighting about homework....all is good!

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Clare,

I miss those good ole school days. Although I was one of those crazy moms that sort of dreaded the kids going back to school again. It was so nice all of us together for the summer. (I didn't work summer so it was very convienient.) The tough thing was all the duplicate paperwork and forms that had to be filled out at the beginning of every school year as well as the covering school books, figuring out school fees and the finding of lunch money! :shock: I'd do it again in a flash given the chance, though! I used to work at a preschool so the first month was a very nutty time for me....making sure 74 children all had their paperwork, shot records, emergency contacts, dentists and doctors listed in order for the upcoming state inspection. It is amazing how many parents leave some of that important information blank. Whew... always "gotter" done though... ;) :roll:

I think basil is my favorite herb... I just love a good tomato and basil soup. I had the most wonderful canneloni (sp.?) recipe that got lost in transit to Australia. It used tomatos, mushrooms, basil and cheese and some other ingredients that I can't remember now. Gosh it was good! Yep...dern recipe is floating around on the Pacific somewhere with the rest of my cherished books that never made it to Australia... Image :? sigh.. gotta let go of that one of these days... :roll: If I only had a nickle for everytime my angels rolled their "celestial eyes" at me I'd be a millionare! :lol:
Enjoy your week end, sis!
Hugs, :kiss:
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hello my dear secret family :hithere

I've been away from here for quite a long while,,,,sooooo much going on,,which really isn't any different than anyone else,,and a very lame excuse.

Every time I feel like I'm balancing out,,,something else rocks the boat.

but I do pop in every so often to catch up ,,, sorry I just haven't been very communicative.

I am looking forward to Kengie's little angel coming soon,,,,so I think I should be popping in more often.

My husband cracked an arm bone a yr ago and they just operated on it in July,,,he now has a plate in his arm to stabilize the bone so it will fuse together properly...

and myself,,,hmmmm,,,well all the wonderful healers have been helping me with back and neck issues but it just kept getting worse and I've been slowly becoming paralysed.....I think it was when my butt went numb that I started to really complain :grrr that's it ..I said...I've had enough....fix it before I go completely numb :bomb ,,,and that's how I felt....it was very debilitating,,,,very frustrating and not much one can do about it....but pray....

and prayers being answered | finally got to see a neurosurgeon, who said, surgery is required as soon as possible (no kidding)....so I got booked for Jul 28th,,, oh for pete's sake,,, Allan's surgery was scheduled for the 22nd :shock:

His surgery went ahead,,, no glitches

mine got cancelled and re booked, from the 28th, to Aug 11, to Aug 23 and each of them cancelled --- was this a test ????,,,,, I must have passed,, as I remained calm (hubby wasnt) so I had to maintain the calm on his behalf too... it was just crazy,,,I'd get a date and be cancelled within 24 hrs and the last one got re-booked on the heel of the last cancellation....so the date was reset for the 23rd....I went in for the pre-admin, a 3 hr appt, plus two hrs of driving to the hosp and home.....and finally... here it is,, the night before my surgery,,, still maintaining the calm trying not to be too impatient,,, however, won't it be grand to be able to 'feel' again.... wonder how long it will be before I can type again with more than two fingers, and be able to physically write again and have it be legible...I get weird looks when signing credit card slips and have to pull out previously signed ID.

Now just to keep me busy (I'm sure!!) we have decided to "retire", and we've been downsizing (me) and painting (hubby)...and have decided to sell and become part of the gypsy clan.....why not!!! got lots of places to go and lots of people to see....

part of my plan is to meet every 11'r that's enroute.... I'm looking forward to a very interesting (next phase of life) trip..plan on lots of meet and greets... and when we get on the move I'll start a thread and hope to get some local info on the area...

we want to end up somewhere WARM, for the winter,,,,and are planning to hookup with memaw and spend some time together....

I'll be offline for about another week,,,,I'll get memaw to write for me...(she doesn't know yet.....however....I know she will..)

Love and blessings to everyone...PP :loves
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello PP,
George and I have been thinking of you non stop today. I am trying to imagine what it must be like the day before a surgery. Lucky me... so far I've have never had the dubious pleasure. :finger: I like your attitude... so positive and strong, looking to the benefits and not allowing the "worry side" to kick in. Thank you for leading with example ...something you've always done for us. :sunflower:

And I am so happy you are asking memaw to let us know how you're going. I was hoping that would be the case. :D Please tell her I am giving her a big {{{HUG}}} for taking such good care of you via the airways. God leads the most wonderful people into our lives doesn't he! You guys are tops!!! (all of you.. ;) )

Okay sweetie... we love you to bits... our prayers and thoughts are for you and your well being on this day.
I look forward to those wonderful days ahead when we get to share in your Gypsy adventures with you. Image

Much love, Sis, :kiss:
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

sooooooo glad I left my email open,,,,and just got a ding...

you must have been out for awhile.....(and how would I know that ??? you ask..)

hahahahaha! WHIST ,,,and listen for the 'ring ring'.....

luvs pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

PP!!!! My prayers are with you and your husband! I would LOVE to live the life of a gypsy! Please keep us posted to how you're doing.

Love, Clare
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Good to hear and see you again PP! I'm keeping you in my prayers as well.
How wonderful that you and your husband are going to start to travel! That's the
ticket, I say. But then, I have the ol' Hungarian gypsy in my blood from my Oma's side...

Love to you all, Pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Okay, here's a little test for me, to see if I can send a short post in five minutes or less, since that's all the time I have, seeing as I really ought to get to bed by 1:30am here, LOL! Just wanted to pop in quickly and say hi, and that I've been thinking of everyone here. Kenge, can't wait for the arrival of young Nubbs! And PP, you're in my thoughts and prayers -- so glad to hear on the healing thread that you've gotten through the surgery! And thanks so much, Laura, for keeping us informed! Traveling around will be fun when you get to that point -- Ron used to live in an RV and he said that one great thing about that lifestyle is that whereever you happen to be at any moment is your home, so it's like the whole world becomes your home! I love that idea! :D

(Hey, I think I just successfully sent in a shortish post! Yay! :colors:)

Lots of love to all,
AquaDeb
Irit
Family

Post by Irit »

Dear PP,

I just read your post and the challenges you and your hubby are dealing with. You both are in my prayers!! Come to Florida in a month or two. The weather will be really nice and it is so much easier to heal in warm weather.

Irit
:hithere
"When the Student is ready, the Teacher will appear"
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Deb, I love your posts, whether they're long or short!!! Hi Irit :hithere Anyway, I read on Facebook (I'm not very good at Facebook, I just use it to check up on my two teenagers) LOL! Oh, yes, back to the story, Kenge is due in 9 days!!!!

Love, Clare
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Aqua Deb! :hithere
If you can do it then there is hope yet for me!... :lol: I know time is becoming more and more critical for you but like Clare said, I too love your uplifting posts..long or short. ... We love you, sis and enjoy sharing moments in your life with you...always will. :kiss:
{{{HUGS}}}
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

geeeez.. I just lost my post....hint, hint, yeah, ok...I get it..

I just spent some time on the prayer thread, answering Kim and I don't really want to repeat it , since I just got the prompt to stop typing, so I'll make this a shorty like Debs...

:hithere Debs...and Pet....and Irit....so nice to see you (actually, it's really nice to see everyone, if you know what I mean)

I think I AM, in the attitude of gratitude, permanently...

you know I just can't imagine what it would be like to...not have the support, love and prayers, that this special group who we call family, gives to everyone....unconditionally,,,without reservation....even when we individually seem to disappear ocassionally...

it seems that we make a heart connection,,,that is indestructable( and I can't seem to spell that word)

I can botch the spelling,,,but not the feeling of love that comes to me....(oh and I think I just lost the short post.. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I'll have to take the time and read through a whole bunch of pages in hopes of finding what everybody's been up to...

the only one I can bet on is KENGE ANY BETS ON ???? since Clare said she was due in 9 days,,,I think that would have made it, on the 8th......

however, all you Moms out there should have a better idea than me.....but aren't first ones,,,usually late????

so guess we better get some precious love energy going their way......I know everyone already is doing just that....I've been just a little (selfishly) distracted.... :sorry:

now Pet....haven't seen your perky face around much lately either,,,,did you ....oh geeze,,,I just remembered you had a bad accident awhile ago too.....oh man,,,I'm so bad...how are you doing now....and where the dickens is Gypsy....although a little birdie did tell me that you guys are having a good time....

and Debs,,,
Sandy wrote:I know time is becoming more and more critical for you
...hope you don't mind me asking what's up????

In my de-clutter and pack up this summer - before my surgery -...I made sure the owl you did for me is packed in a box labelled "RV"...

even though I didn't know how bad my condition was until about early July...I kept packing,,,kept the thrift stores supplied with 'items'....and even actually found alot that was just plain used up....but I did have help....

Two lovely friends,,,did most of the box moving for me,,,,helped me sort and disperse...( kept wondering why my mobility was getting worse)
I even started to 'fall'....about once a week I'd have a good one...I was thinking of moving faster than my body would respond...

at any rate...I made it....there is very little to do now....JUST ...sell the house,,,and buy the RV and :bike: .

Sandy,,,where did you get that cute trailer???? ...I'm working on it,,,it's been a long time since I've tried to get new smilies...

Well,,,Clare and Irit,,,You're both in Florida aren't you???? I would love to be there recouperating,,,,hmmmmm ( maybe I could fly out and hubby could come pick me up!!!) :roll: some how I know that won't fly...since we listed the house (although privately sale by owner) we thought we'd be heading out early enough to be able to drive east, visiting all the way,,,,head down the east coast and aim for someplace warm for the winter, then come up the west coast in the spring....sounded good!!! only 2 operations got things altered slightly...but now I know why I pushed so hard with the de-cluttering....I certainly could not be doing it now......

flexibility is the key word today,,,along with 'go with the flow'..

so for now,,,it's rest, recouperate,,and only do what is absolutely necessary.....sooooo glad I did all that work early on..

I've now gone well past my limit,,,,but when we do get moving ,, in whatever direction,,I'm hoping to connect with as many of this lovely family as possible....

g'nite all you lovelies... :kiss: :loves

pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello PP,
Well it looks like you may have to work on those "shortie" posts sweetie...but gosh I love to read every word. ;) :lol: Thanks sis for sharing your heart and thoughts with us as I know it is still a little difficult and tiring for you. As I was reading your post I am listening to a wonderful old cd of mine called "Songs for Worship" and wouldn't you know a song about gratitude came on to reinforce your words. :D As I closed my eyes and listened, I had a lovely vision of Kengie surrounded by all of us. One by one we all showed up to add our love and support for all she is accomplishing. It was so beautiful as I looked at all my sisters and even a few brothers glowing with Reflected Love. :happy I know I've told everyone before but I love all of you so much! You have no idea how much your very presence in my life has changed me. A light within grows as we gather together. We are one and we are blessed. :cheers:
Kendra, dear sweet Sis, we are thinking of you with sooooooo much Love at this time. :kiss:
Good night PP...sleep well. :loves
Love,
Sandy
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

PP, you are always welcome down here in sunny, HOT, south Florida! Irit and I tried to hook up a few weeks ago, but our schedules couldn't manage it. We're only about 2 hours from each other, but we did talk on the phone! Hi Irit :hithere Anyway, I'm so glad that everyone is doing okay. Cant' wait to hear about Kenge! Also, where's Sammy???? Sammy.....where are you????? I miss your sense of humor (no offense, Petra :oops: )

Love, Clare
Irit
Family

Post by Irit »

Hello back to you Clare :hithere,

Yes, Florida is a great place to live and an even better to heal your wounds or your soul!

Irit
"When the Student is ready, the Teacher will appear"
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

afternoon ladies,,

oh Sandy,you caught me on the photo thread....I'll have to bite the bullet and get experimenting with the photobucket....--

Clare and Irit,,,,I'll be definitely looking you guys up....and Lilaslight in the Bahamas....and wheres Sammy???

just wish I was heading out NOW...I'm pretty good with patience and perseverance..(two more pp's for me)

Sandy I found the camper smiley by clicking on it and choosing properties....but I can't remember the process to use it on the board, or pers stuff..

I used to though...hmmmm will keep trying...

ok, it really is time to take a short break....and,,,,oh great,,,look at my prompt....my time is 2:22

I can't seem to change it in my profile,,,si it's as it is...

loves and blessings :loves

pp xoxo
although the time is wrong when I post this....it's an hr shy....
Last edited by peacockplume on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: the time under my pic is correct,,,,it's the time I make a post,,,I can't seem to change it to reflect Pacific time...pp
Daily Affirmation:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Sandy,
I feel much the same way about friends I've made here. No matter what keeps pulling me away I long to return to you all when all the chaos is dealt with and laid to rest.

Music can touch the deepest part of me. I know it might sound crazy but Aleah made a song recording with a friend of hers at school on a Garage Band program. Noah created the piano piece, Aleah the melody and lyrics, ...it's beautiful, haunting, and full of longing, not quite what you'd expect from two sixteen-year-olds. Back to my point, it feels to me as if it's meant for healing.

Wish I was techy enough to share it with all of you.

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good Day!

It's a gorgeous day here and George and I are getting ready for a walk to post some items. Hope everyone's enjoying the week end. For some reason I have been thinking about the word Joy this week. It's been coming up a lot in various ways. I don't think I am fully allowing myself to experience my joy. Does any one have any ideas on Joy and how to cultivate it...appreciate it and remain in a joyful state? I think I rob myself of joy too many times by allowing the choas to take center stage. :?

PP did you find the smiley site URL? Here it is... http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/index.htm. If you are posting a smiley on the message board just copy the Img url beside each smiley you want to transfer and paste it wherever you want it on the board. I believe the process is different for copying them to an email. ????

Clare and Irene...I hope you guys can get together sometime. I bet it will happen eventually as you guys are fairly close to each other. :finger:
Irene, it's funny you say this because it is exactly how I used to feel about Florida...the heal your soul's wounds part...
Yes, Florida is a great place to live and an even better to heal your wounds or your soul!
We spent some time near Hanna Park near Jacksonville and it was the most soothing place to release all the cares and worries and lots of other ugly things. Sitting in the sun and feeling the warmth, watching the birds and the people interact is quite the medicine for peaceful insides. God certainly provides what we need to heal doesn't he? Sometimes I think I avoid my medicine though. :roll: :lol:

Kim, Oh I hope you find a way to allow us to hear your talented Aleah. I have been playing more music lately and it is so soothing. It does have the power to ease those raw emotions maybe even creating a nice platform for other "good things" to develop too. (well, depending on the piece you select and your own personal prefernces of music style, huh?) I love listening to the Three Tenors... think I mentioned that a few times. :lol: There is just something about those magnificent pure voices that touch my soul. George says it's soul felt. Well all I know they could be singing about being bored watching the grass growing and I wouldn't know or care... :lol:

Have a great week end everybody! :sunny:
Love,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Thanks Sandy,

I'll give it a wing tomorrow....it's after midnight again and I am a bit more tired...

making progress though....

pp

xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi again,,

just one small note about Joy (aside from it being my eldest nieces middle name 8)

and I hope many of us here will contemplate what joy means and share it here...
Sandy wrote: Does any one have any ideas on Joy and how to cultivate it...appreciate it and remain in a joyful state? I think I rob myself of joy too many times by allowing the

how to cultivate it.....go deep into you memories and bring forward whatever gave you great joy at that time....for my friend C... she thinks about brand new babies and her heart swells...and I'd think there'd be varying degrees of joy also..

so when you remember that 'emotion',,,whenever you need joy,,,pull forward that memory and spread it out to your present moment
hopefully it will start to help you to feel joy in every moment....once again...practice, practice, practice....

ok gone to bed now...xoxoxo pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks PP! I'll give it a whirl!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}
Sandy
By the way..I too have a niece named Joy and she was a joy. :P Oh my when I said that something came back to me...totally unrelated to my niece but something I need to meditate on. Think I'm coming close to something I am either supposed to know or remember..?????
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Joy is such an uplifting thing to ponder. I was very joyful today in a craft store with Aleah and her boyfriend Eugene looking for shiny beads. They are so silly and sweet together it fills my heart with joy simply to be around them. And later eating alone in a Subway watching all the people file through Walmart. I was happy to be in that moment reveling in the diversity all around me, silently sending love and healing to those who looked like they could use it. It was as far away from nature I could be but still felt joyful.

By the way I listened to her CD on the drive home and simply cannot get through the whole song without wiping tears out of my eyes. Will surely find a way for you to hear it.

Have a wonderful walk!
Love,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

You know Kim,
I wrote on another post somewhere last night about looking in one of my ancient journals for something and when I opened up the book the first thing I saw was a very short personal message from my 'Teacher" and guess what he was speaking about. Yep... Joy. He ended with this phrase. "Joy can be found in unsuspected places." I think you illustrated that thought beautifully in your post. Who would think you could find joy and peace while at Walmart. :lol: but there you go... you did! Joy is state of mind, heart and spirit isn't it?...and in its' pure state perhaps it is unrelated to "outside" stimuli. :scratch: Is it a state of Love... being Love?

Well I am glad to be alive today! I'm watching Ollie, my yellow Ringneck parrot, tear apart a tube I made for them to crawl through. In all honesty I think they get as much fun in the tearing up as the crawling through it...Every once in a while she peaks around the side to make sure I am still there. When she is outside his cage she likes to know where I am and screams as only parrots can to locate me. Oh me aching ears! :roll: Gotta love em though. I think its in the parrot handbook somewhere. :lol:
Love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Finding joy must be the new heavenly current for us. I started a book last night after getting off the computer, it stated our main purpose of being here is to be joyful, so simple and yet so deeply meaningful.

Think I can identify with your parrot screams, we have a very vocal siamese mix. His toning goes straight to my core, definately does not put me in a joyful state!

Have a joy filled day!
Love,
Kim

gypsie

Post by gypsie »

hello everyone :hithere

Well Sandy I can tell you Harry buying an Apple after years of a PC does not bring joy :grrr It's like they are from different planent :mrgreen: 8) we'll get there :}

Sandy when I think about the day Lily and I visited I feel joy, it was such a lovely day to finally meet and that Apple and nut cake of yours is TRUE JOY.... remember you are loved by so many and I am sending Joy to your heart now mwaaaa :love

PP you poor baby i wish we were on your travels but I guess driving across the Pacific is a bit tough. You poor baby I'm so sorry you have been in so much pain, I think the warm weather will bring a new lease on life for you......sending lots of love honey through the apple :loves

I don't have time to say hi to everyone it's almost dinner time and a house full of hungry teen boys keeps me on my toes, next letter I'll say a big howdy to you all....

Much love to this amazing family gypsie Debz xoxoxox :hithere
Love is an action and not a word...