The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by Sandy »

Well the day is nearly ended. Yet I am still hearing my little friend outside. (a Willie wag Tail) His kind are tiny little birds but with the idea they are a magpie....so cheeky and lovable with that tail they whip around, allowing them to do loop da loops if needed to catch a bug. They should be roosting soon though. Thy stay up just long enough to catch some early night insects then it is lights out especially since they have eggs to watch over.

Pidge, my stray pigeon is still out in the living room. Every now and then she coos at me. She is so lovable and likes it when I hum, sort of joining in many times. ( but not so much my singing, though. She's much like George in that respect, both valuing their ears and sanity. :lol: )

I am making chicken noodle soup (home made) for supper tonight.With Pidge loose I can't use the stove but do have the stock simmering in the oven. It is starting to smell rather good. I am trying low carb noodles for the first time. I hope it turns out right. George doesn't need the good ole floury noodles and neither do I since I am on a low carb diet. I saw them on the grocery store shelf last week and a person would have thought I struck gold. (been on it awhile... too long, eh? :lol: :roll )

You guys know so much about plants and flowers. Some of the plant mentioned I've never seen. I did cut some Jasmine this week and have it drying in the garage. It has been four days picked and the garage still is filled with the smell. My landlord is allergic to it and she hinted that maybe I should cut it out of the spot it is growing. (Came up on its' own...probably birds inadvertently seeded it. ) I honestly went out to do that but couldn't bring myself to destroy it. It is just so lovely.

Wow, PP, it has gotten chilly quick. I'd take those temps in a heart beat. ( yep not all here. :roll ) How soon before you guys head south? I think if your wire woven jewellery was easy, it wouldn't be exquisite. I keep thinking in a couple months you should be warming up...cooked just the way you like it. Hang in there.

Kim, Yep I know the song...(Stop and smell the Roses) Love that one as it is one you can belt out without any tricky ups and downs.It also serves as a reminder to do just that. Hope the Whopper part of your week is behind you and this one is all that you wish it to be. Oh no...now I have hamburgers on my poor little low carb mind. :roll: sigh

Well if we are going to eat I had better get a move on. Have a good day up there! Smell those roses! :loves
:sunny:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere

well,,,the worm has turned,,,,no more sun :cry: for a week anyway...
the song I'm listening to (in my head) is,,,Listen to the rythm of the falling rain!!!
yes on the roof of our RV,,,,like being under an old tin roof (well almost),,,but it's steady,,,justa comin down....so much for 40% showers,,, :mrgreen:

too bad your landlady is allergic to jasmine Sandy,,,,it's such a beautiful scent,,,but I'm sort of allergic to lavender,,,so a little sympathy goes to her.....if you are drying it,,what do you plan on using it for??
a pot pourri...

I love reading what Sandy and Kim write!!! I think we have a couple of authors,,,

Sandy do you remember talking about printing out The Secret Thread??? that would make an incredible story....the journey of some 11rs!!!

my hands are rather stiff today....finger poking this msg........looking at my next project and am having difficulty holding the wires....so I just keep looking!!! it's 3:15 pacific time here (Monday)
and it's going to rain for a week,,,with maybe a little break on wed...yes I guess fall is coming a little early,,,,we almost bypassed summer!!!

take care folks,,gotta change positions,,,everything is saying....move!!!

love ya
xoxoxo pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

hey out there!!!

I see there are 4 guests on line in this forum,,,

you are welcome to jump in and say hi,,,,

pp :hithere
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey everyone. Good Morning! :sunny:

PP, I got to "listen" to the falling rain all over my freshly hung laundry yesterday. :lol: We've has so little rain the past month one forgets to pay attention to the gathering clouds. Thankfully they were just lightly sprinkled and I could whisk them inside to finish drying. Don't you love that sound of rain on metal? Our flat is roofed with clay tiles but the carport is metal sheeting so when it rains I get that lovely sound and yes, that song inevitably appears in my head. It's a good one though, eh?
Sandy do you remember talking about printing out The Secret Thread??? that would make an incredible story....the journey of some 11rs!!!
Now you have me thinking about the contents of this long thread again. And what an interesting idea. I'm laughing as I remember Petra's "Mr. Big Horn" stories from their farm in Wales. Oh man that lady could make me laugh! Laughter, tears, food and recipes... and a dollop of spirit made for a journey I wouldn't have wanted to miss with you guys for all the chocolate in the world. Thank you for sharing it with me. :love

Please do.... anyone who would like to just talk about their life in all its array of colors...join us here. There is always more room at the table and we are better off for it.

Well, busy day ahead... I''d better get a move on. :hithere
With a song in my heart. (Okay,... my mind ....I'm still singing about rain. ;) ) I'm off.. :kiss:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

((((((((((PP aka LYNN))))))))
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
You remind me so much of Aleah with your pure loving heart towards little critters. She's as good a mom to her pets as any mom to humans I know. Sadly her little Antonio, a 21( I swear he's older) year old leopard gecko, is floundering. He's rebounded several times from the brink, but not sure this time he will. He was at the Center with me for many years too. We would take him out of his habitat all the time so the kids could hold him, really sweet, gentle little guy, would crawl up your arm and sleep on your shoulder. I can't tell you how many novels Aleah has read with him snuggled up by her neck. :( Ah, well.

I would dearly love to see your birds. It's amazing the way you describe them, I still haven't gotten our feeder up since moving back from the motel. And some day I have to hear your singing!
Sandy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:35 amI am trying low carb noodles for the first time. I hope it turns out right. George doesn't need the good ole floury noodles and neither do I since I am on a low carb diet. I saw them on the grocery store shelf last week and a person would have thought I struck gold. (been on it awhile... too long, eh? )
How were the noodles? I know what you mean about getting excited when there's a food that's ok to eat. For almost two years I've been on low sugar, low sodium, low fat … lifestyle change. Figured I'd better embrace it. Reading labels is a very sobering experience! I really don't feel deprived, try to have suitable substitutes and I like to cook. If I allow myself a treat now and then, usually things taste way too sweet, too salty, or greasy. End up not enjoying it half as much as I imagined I would, or as much as I used to.

I love the smell of jasmine! Is there an out of the way place on the property, where the wind doesn't carry the scent in the direction of your landlord? I've grown very allergic to lavender also, itchy swollen eyes, breathing problems. Seems like at work lavender was in everything! It was finally eliminated when our pregnant director couldn't stand the smell of it!

Lol! I had to retrace your post wondering how singing about roses got us on hamburgers! Ha, Whopper! That's so funny, Dave brought home dinner tonight after shopping, sushi for me and a Whopper for himself. I prefer the sushi. Sandy maybe look long and hard for suitable substitutes. For bread I have low carb veggie wraps, and eat my burger on a plate without a bun. I tell myself, "It's much more civilized using a fork!" I do really miss big thick bagels!... then I read the label and it puts everything into perspective. We don't have them in the house anymore. It's really hard to stick with something if you are feeling deprived. I'm requesting angel food cake, with Lite Whipped Topping and fresh strawberries on top, for my birthday. I can have a 'whopper' of a piece, and it's delicious! We bought a bakery made cake for Dave's birthday last month. Don't think we've ever purchased one before. None of us could stand the sweetness. He took it to work the next day and it was devoured in minutes!

Yes, my 'Whopper of a week' has ended. Made it through with nary a dent, "Whew!" Still pretty busy, but not as stressful.

Lynn,
I'm so sorry about your hands, is it from arthritis or a pinched nerve from your neck problems? Does the cold rainy weather make it worse? I've been inviting you into The River with us, ALL of us are there! It's never raining there, and can be what ever temperature that's comfortable for you. Did you send me a link to see your jewelry?

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! :kiss: to both of you,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good morning again :sunny:

I've fed the bunnies and Pidge, tossed food for my wild bird friends half a dozen times so far and I'm thinking it is time for some "me time." :lol: The baby magpies have been out of the egg maybe a week and probably growing like crazy so the parents have been increasingly vigilante. It has been horribly dry in our area of Australia and I worry that the insect population is not up to the task of raising so many "birdy babies." Last year we barely had any Christmas beetles, which is crazy as they are usually everywhere at night for the month of December.

How is Antonio, Kim? I love leopard geckos and their cousins the Fat tail geckos. In the article below it says that males can live 21 years but there is a male still breeding at 27 years. So hopefully your special little gecko will pull through once again. http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Care-Sh ... ard-Gecko/
Leopard Geckos are definitely in the top five of my favourites. They are so comical and personable. I bet Aleah would love a Mali euro mastic (Uromastyx ) http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Care-Sh ... yx-Lizard/
They too are very sweet lizards.

I think you nailed my diet woes right on the head. When I have been low carb before I opted to cook new and interesting dishes and baked goods that were low carb. I haven't done that this time and seem to be eating the same ole same ole.
Just can't seem to get motivated to make something special just for me. It's a tricky dance with food for George. Trying to do things right for the both of us with our differing dietary needs can make my head spin :roll

The noodle soup was alright. Nothing spectacular with those noodles but tasty enough. It was definitely not my usual. (I normally make a mean but unhealthy chicken noodle soup. LOL ) The low carb noodles were made from a veggie called... hold on a minute...need to find the box. Okay it is called Konjac. It is said to be 99 percent fat free, 99 percent sugar free, dairy free, soy free and vegan.. They tasted okay/good but surprisingly a little spongie. :shock:

I'm still blown away by the smell of the Jasmine. The funny thing is, our landlords don't live here and only are here every so often. Even leaving it there shouldn't be a problem. I am drying it for potpourri or smudge sticks. Not sure what else I can do with it but some where around here I have a book on making oils and lotions etc. from such things. Think I maybe should do some reading, eh?

Oh my kingdom for an Angel food cake! You can't find them here already made in the grocery stores like you can in the US. So I would love a recipe if any one has a favourite. That would be the ticket! Strawberries and blueberries are in season right now and cheap...Yum! Now I'm thinking about strawberries and angel food cake with a spoonful of "cool whip". That would be awesome. (thinking low fat with the Cool whip but is another product that can't be found here...sigh)
Enjoy your Whopper of a piece of angel food cake, Kim! Can't wait to celebrate your birthday under a full moon. Let's all dance in the moonlight in celebration , eh? :bana: I'll be wishing all the best for you that one life can hold. :love
Lynn
I'm so sorry about your hands, is it from arthritis or a pinched nerve from your neck problems? Does the cold rainy weather make it worse? I've been inviting you into The River with us, ALL of us are there! It's never raining there, and can be what ever temperature that's comfortable for you
The river is a lovely place to be, Lynn... although this temperature thing...I just had an image of us doing a Scandinavian jump into ice water... hmmm maybe not the best thing, huh? supposed to be healthy for ya though... But I'll behave. ;) :) Hope its warmed up over there and your hands are feeling better. :sunny:

Okay George is waiting for his breakfast. Better give it some serious thought as his numbers this morning were unusually high. :?

:loves
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good Evening!
Sandy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:52 amIt has been horribly dry in our area of Australia and I worry that the insect population is not up to the task of raising so many "birdy babies." Last year we barely had any Christmas beetles, which is crazy as they are usually everywhere at night for the month of December.
Everything is connected isn't it? We've had so much rain and snow in the past few years the rising water levels are most welcome, but causing a headache for anyone who lives on or near the water, and we're having two hatchings of the cyclical bug populations. All the moisture and humidity causes a mossy/algae/mold to grow on the vinyl siding of our house. Needs a proper power washing at least twice a year. With Dave's shoulder surgery, looks like an abandoned haunted house for sure! Also wreaking havoc with my allergies.

Antonio is hanging in there, not rallying by any means. So sad, he only has the use of one of his legs. Aleah is making him as comfortable as possible. I told her she needs to let him know it's alright if he goes. He's been a great little friend... My six year old nephew wanted a lizard for his birthday. My sister who couldn't bear to touch Antonio, is now the proud mom of a bearded dragon(?) She LOVES him! Good thing, six-year-olds quickly shift their attention elsewhere. Lol, just remembered the song, 'Puff The Magic Dragon'! Oh dear, here I go again!

Diets have to be put into perspective. I had to get real with my choices if I wanted to stop damaging myself. Wrapped my head around it being a lifestyle change, instead of thinking of it as, "A Diet." We were at the store again tonight, some things looked so appealing, but, "Yup! Just because corn dogs are vegetarian, (hhhhhh), they still have a lot of stuff in them that aren't good for me :thumbdown: Darn labels! Had the cashew chicken salad at Culver's, with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.... no smoothie... I did sneak a few of Dave's fries though ;) , just a few. At least they weren't corn dogs!

Never heard of konjac, what kind of spongie are we talking here? There are so many new ingredient choices out there now. You can still make a mean chicken soup, no noodles, but rice and quinoa are very tasty! There's low sodium, low fat chicken stock, and many kinds of beans and veggies, along with herbs, that make a mouth watering delight! Now you've got me thinking of fall dishes. Have you ever tried lasagna with squash? Mmmm, squash soup. There's probably a site online that can suggest recipes to fit both your dietary needs and you could have fun experimenting.

Oh, yes! Research ways to capture the scent of jasmine! Wondered if any part of the jasmine plant was edible. Look what I found!-"Jasmine flowers are edible - and an interesting addition to salads or used as garnishes. You can also add them, dried or fresh, to green tea, to make your own mock jasmine tea. They dry well, so collecting them and drying them and keeping them in a jar for tea is very doable. There are numerous recipes on the net for jasmine tea infused vodka."

I've tried a few recipes for making Angel Food Cake, the easiest and best one by far, is buying a box mix from Betty Crocker. They don't have Lite Cool Whip down there? There's probably a recipe for it, might be time consuming though. Purchased everything we needed to make the birthday cake, and strawberries were on sale! Tiny helped me make the last one, think I'll see if she wants to come over and help tomorrow.

Well, it's getting late, I'm off to listen to a meditation Eric PM'd me,
Love you guys, :loves
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM,,, :kiss: :sunflower: :bana: :bana: :bana:
HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY

ooops!,but it needed a shout out :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

Love your writings gals,,,,it's a real spirit lifter....

I just jumped into the river,,,had to raise the temp a bit to 84,,,just to surround me,,,so it won't disturb anyone who likes it cool,,,and as I was floating along I found a little U shape that I snuggled into, and turned it into a hot spot,,104 degrees.....just right!!! it has shaped rocks around the edge, for sitting or lounging,,,and little openings, where hot water comes in....mmmmm lovely! That's where you will find me....most of the time!!

Sorry to hear about the failing lizard,,,,bless his little heart!!

oh,,,just rememered

Sandy,,,try a site called All Recipies.com
I get emails every day,,,
and thanks for that special hug,,,,,back atcha!!!

jasmine tea!!! a new speciality at the tea house,,,,,mmmmm can smell it now..

love and blessings everyone

:kiss: pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Well, I hope I am catching the tail end of it at least...

:bana: :bana: :bana: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!! :bana: :bana: :bana:

I hope it was a great one and you indeed did get a big ole piece of Angel Food cake. :sunflower:

Truthfully, I have never seen a boxed angel food cake mix here. That is why I sort of needed a recipe. But I will try PP's suggestion and look up All Recipes and see what they suggest. There is no cool whip or like product here. :( They do have canned whipped topping but most cooks I think whip their own from cream. :shock: The first time I tried doing it here I whipped too long and turned it into near butter. :oops: I put it in the strawberry jello anyway... Bleah! Didn't do that again. :roll:
We don't have much in the way of desserts these days, but yesterday I made some low carb cookies. They were called Keto cookies from a website, Chocolate Covered Katie. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2018/ ... es-recipe/ The cookies turned out a little soft but tasted pretty good compared to some other low carb cookies I have made in the past. It was sort of the dessert kick we needed. :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the good ideas for healthy eating, Kim. I looked up the vegetable, Konjac. Here is some information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konjac
The flower is lovely isn't it?
I made spaghetti with Konjac noodles yesterday and it was a success. :thumright: Of course, you cannot believe a word I say as I have been on a low carb diet now for 2 months and so anything related to the "naughty list" tastes good to me!
Did I mention that Blueberries and strawberries are in season for us here? We just ate the best blueberries ever. They were called Betty Blues and were to die for. .. size of a marble and sweet. (obviously I just enjoyed a couple of them. :roll: sigh)

It is afternoon here even though I just cleaned up our rather late breakfast. I have a cockatoo eating a low sugar cookie and watching me from the window sill. I do love them so...destructive little beings at times though.

Glad you made the river comfortable, PP. Some days I could use a bit of that extra warmth myself. I went there this morning myself. I needed the comforting peace and love that permeates this healing place.

Poor little Antonio! Aleah is a good friend and nurse to him. I am sure her presence is a comfort to him.
I forgot my poor bunnies this morning. Let them out and cleaned the hutch gave them fresh food but then got side tracked as they were busy playing else where and forgot to let them back in their cage. :roll: They scooted in quickly second time around.

You guys enjoy your evening. Thinking of everyone with love,
Sandy

Forgot about the Jasmine flower thing... Later today gonna try some Jasmine tea. YUM! :hithere
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Thanks for the birthday greetings!
Best birthday yet!

Lynn, your experience at the river sounds... PERFECT! Customize it, make it your own. I've toyed with the idea of imagining a small cabin or gazebo along the bank, but frankly the water draws me in every time. I'd have to sit on a couple of bags of ice cubes to join you though, 104 degrees?! Sounds like your visualization skills have been fine tuned!

Yup, allrecipes.com is my favorite too.

Antonio seems to have rallied a bit, eating and walking around. I don't know, pretty crazy. He's been shedding a lot more than usual, twice in the last month. Takes a lot of extra energy reserves to do it. Looks white as a ghost when he's getting ready, joints all swollen up, can barely move. This morning he got all the skin off and looks beautiful as ever.

Aw, man! Now I need to try jasmine tea.

Sandy,
Since embarking on a healthier eating journey, I find myself looking more carefully at the items on the grocery store shelves. Before I'd grab what was on the list and go. It's like a whole new world has opened up, so many interesting new things to try. I'll see something, google it, and often find a new favorite.... Except amaranth, I've grown it for years, bought the grain... does anyone one have any suggestions, for me it's been a triple fail. I sympathize with the whipped cream debacle. Been there, tried that,... not pretty. "Bleh!" a good assessment. Just thinking of it makes me cringe..."Bleh! Bleh!"

The Konjac is a really interesting plant. Kind of reminds me of a giant Calla Lily, let me know if you do any more experimenting with products made for it. Seems fall weather is here, so I can think of baking again. Was going to try and have a cooking day a week with Nova, problem is, she sees something and wants to eat it immediately! We did have Angel Food Cake at the party, one topped with raspberries, the other blackberries. Let's just say there were very few berries left when time came to blow out the candles.

I forgot to mention how important it is to drink a lot of water! Often when we think we want food, we're really just thirsty. Many people don't drink very much water, so do not really care for the taste of it. I use a really large glass(quart jar actually), it's easier to drink if it's readily available. If I prefer something else, I'll add a bit of tea or unsweetened juice, or a few berries, just to give it a little flavor. A sprig of mint is very refreshing( I bruise it a bit to release the essential oils)! We also use a lot of ice.

Mmmm, blueberries. We seem to be able to get a lot more variety of fruits and vegies, all year long, and they taste good too.

You have cockatoos eating your siding, up here it's woodpeckers, still beautiful to see close up.
Sandy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:21 amGlad you made the river comfortable, PP. Some days I could use a bit of that extra warmth myself. I went there this morning myself. I needed the comforting peace and love that permeates this healing place.
Anything you want to share? I'll give you a piece of low sugar, low carb angel food cake if you bring the jasmine tea, and we'll lounge on the cool side of PP's hot springs. Deal?

By the way! Anytime anyone else wants to join us, you are welcome!

Well, probably should accomplish something today. Hope you both are having a love filled day, :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: :kiss:

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi and good morning :sunny:

Cloudy here today but not the rain kind at lest t this point. Still hoping for a little rain. It feels very spring like today...smelling the jasmine as I type. With so much blooming here...the air is filled with a sweet smell. It's funny how easily you get used to it and don't notice. I do feel for the people with allergies though....and because we have been so dry the dust can be a problem for people with impaired respiratory function.

Kim wrote:
The Konjac is a really interesting plant. Kind of reminds me of a giant Calla Lily, let me know if you do any more experimenting with products made for it.
Thanks for that. I was wracking my brain trying to remember the plant the Konjac reminded me of.
Calla Lily! That's it! My Grandmother used to grow them and gave some to my Dad. so in a way they represent her and remind me of her when I see them.

I am so happy to hear that little Antonio has rallied again. This skin shedding must be hard on reptiles especially in old age. Glad humans don't have to do it that way, but LOL now I am thinking how nice it might be to shed a little of this seemingly recent bit of neck flab. :oops: I guess it doesn't help the situation to be aggravated with such things every time one looks in the mirror, eh? so my solution... In true vampire style, no mirrors in the house. ( well, minimal anyway ;) ) Okay, I am thinking PP will have a better solution. (((((PP)))))

Anything you want to share? I'll give you a piece of low sugar, low carb angel food cake if you bring the jasmine tea, and we'll lounge on the cool side of PP's hot springs. Deal?
:lol: deal!
Though I don't remember much of the details the other day when I went to the River of Love. I tend to forget these kind of things of spirit if I don't write the experience down shortly there after. But I do remember that I walked down a path from my AC and I saw passed on former relatives on the far shore. That was very emotional for me... It touched me in a way that stayed with me all day. It was like I carried it with me in my heart my center. :happy

I'm sorry, I can't help you with the Amaranth. To be honest, I have never heard of it before. Sounds a bit like a crystal. :lol:
I know... (I've got so much to learn... :) )
This seems to be a good article.
https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/201 ... gh-gi-seed

Looks like one must eat more cautiously if you are low carb as it is high in carbs. (But also high in good stuff as well especially for heart.)

Okay enough out of me... :)

Let the sunshine it! :sunny: (Now I'm hearing that song...or was it a commercial from way back? :scratch:
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good morning!
Happy to have reminded you of Calla Lillies! I have two plants in a pot I bring in every winter, … for about six years now I 'm thinking. The larger on is completely pushing the smaller one out, time to give the little one a chance I guess. They've grown very lush and large this year, but not flowers(once again) maybe it's because of so much rain? This is the first year of not blooming, maybe simply needing a bigger pot? Have to think about that, maybe some nutrient deficiency because of a lot of water, research time! That list seems to be mounting!

Don't remind me of allergies! In the back of my mind, I was hoping by repairing our family DNA, the allergy problem would quickly be addressed... LOL! guess there's too much other stuff to get to first! Finally went to my allergist for advice last week, sorry I am not giving up gardening! New plan has already been helpful.

Have a few interesting observations about my granddaughter when we all gathered earlier in the day for a dancing. First I'll admit to some personal silliness. Aleah has a beautiful rhinestone tiara she wears all day on her birthday. Calling attention to myself has never been my style, but I was wearing a new outfit she gave me as a gift, so I asked to wear it. She reminded me Ken had given it to her o her sixteenth birthday. I'd forgotten that's where it had come from. Arriving at my kids house Tiny immediately noticed the tiara and asked, "Hey grandma, would you ask Uncle Kenny if he would make me a crown like that?" She had never been told Ken had given it to Aleah. As we were about to leave she wanted to show me her drawing on the chalkboard. The day before Aleah had drawn on the same board a meandering musical scale with notes on it, and the girl's names. I was surprised at the time she drew it there wasn't a scene to accompany the music. Tiny pointed, "See! It's a willow tree!" A tingly feeling went down my spine. I asked what the blue was underneath. She smiled, "It's water! A river by the willow tree." Of course we have willow trees around here, but none close by or significant to us. Tiny has never heard Aleah's song, or been told about the meditating that has come out of it. Was reminded of a message Rachel's mom asked me to give her, but have been reluctant to pass it on, worrying she wasn't ready t hear it. And her mom's birthday was the next day... something else I have to think long and hard about.

Ok, completely different subject. Talking about Antonio and his shedding. I'm thinking, for me, it's been a slow process of skin shedding, my whole life. Can't wait to see the new me that emerges!

Now as far as no mirrors in the house? Have to admit I'm right there with you, besides, my hair has a mind of it's own! Because of the special occasion the other day, there were more shutters flashing my way than I'm comfortable with. Aleah gave me a whole new beautiful outfit! Point blank she asked me, "So if you're ugly, and everyone think I look just like you, what does that mean?" She's right of course, I find her to be beautiful! And her brother is just a more masculine, taller version of herself, therefore me? He is a very handsome man. The older I get, people can't believe how much I look like my mom. My response is, "Yeah, why couldn't I have looked like her when she was young? She was gorgeous!"

Why can't I find that in myself? Why do we have to be so hard on ourselves? Who placed that thought in our minds that we were not as good, or as pretty as anyone else?...Shame on them... and the same for us for perpetuating those harsh feelings. I have a feeling slowly brewing in my mind somewhere, that we don't deserve it. When looking at those photos of my party, if I see beyond the faults, there's a whole lot of people having fun, laughing, dancing, love shining intensely in that family bubble!

Instead of finding fault with ourselves today, let's work at celebrating what is right! Chase away that negative thought, like we would when thinking negatively of others. Another deal? Let's shake on lit.

:sunflower:
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Kim,
Good Morning..or I suppose evening if you get to this tonight. :)

I was thinking about your Lilies and thought...Google would probably know what to do. :lol:
I found this.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orname ... -bloom.htm

Might be helpful but if not I suspect the answer is out there somewhere. (for some reason hearing the Star Trek theme song now in my head... :roll: ) I am beginning to think that plants are just as much individuals as human beings are.

Sounds to me like Tiny is a chip off the ole family spiritual block. :D How beautiful that she can see "The River" and all the love that imbibes it. Why am I not the least surprised. :sunflower:

You wrote:
Why can't I find that in myself? Why do we have to be so hard on ourselves? Who placed that thought in our minds that we were not as good, or as pretty as anyone else?...Shame on them... and the same for us for perpetuating those harsh feelings. I have a feeling slowly brewing in my mind somewhere, that we don't deserve it. When looking at those photos of my party, if I see beyond the faults, there's a whole lot of people having fun, laughing, dancing, love shining intensely in that family bubble!

Instead of finding fault with ourselves today, let's work at celebrating what is right! Chase away that negative thought, like we would when thinking negatively of others. Another deal? Let's shake on lit.
Hmmm for me it was classmates. Let's face it, school can be as hazardous emotionally as a jungle. You can come away feeling like you don't measure up in so many ways. And if you believe it as I did, you are in for a lifetime of hurt. In my case self esteem issues. Like I'm not smart enough to study this or not strong enough to do this job or not tough enough to try my hand at that.

Well the bottom line. I am enough! I am smart enough, clever enough strong enough and belligerent enough... (thought I'd better throw that last bit in to ground that inflated head of mine. LOL ) Yep, I hear you Kim. Old habits can die hard so all the more reason to reaffirm every day or every moment in... er ...hmm some cases. :| (I suppose that last statement was a version of the opposite of what we are shooting for eh? :roll:

Okay "shake." :shaking2: :bounce: :compress: :cheers:

Oh dear now I am hearing this song in my head... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4xpDuf84A

I Am Woman
Helen Reddy

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'Cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Oh yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong
(Strong)
I am invincible
(Invincible)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'Cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'Cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

Oh yes, I am wise
Yes, I've paid the price
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong
(Strong)
I am invincible
(Invincible)
I am woman

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long, long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh yes, I am wise
Yes, I've paid the price
If I have to, I can face anything
I am strong
(Strong)
I am invincible
(Invincible)
I am woman

I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman

Whoa..talk about feeling empowered! :bana:

Let's go rock the world! :cheers: (In a very good way, of course. ;) :hithere )

Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hey Sandy, aka, "I AM WOMAN! HERE ME ROAR!!!"
Inspiring indeed! My TA is lighting up the top of my scalp! Woman across the globe are linking arms! Those who are still wagging fingers and tongues of our youth, will have to stop, or be left behind!
Sandy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:04 amLet's face it, school can be as hazardous emotionally as a jungle. You can come away feeling like you don't measure up in so many ways. And if you believe it as I did, you are in for a lifetime of hurt
Scars that can last a lifetime. I've spent a career trying to change it... especially tough on girls who are sensitive, and/or have spiritual abilities. Our culture must either support it or turns a blind eye. It's worse than ever. :?

Why does talking about lilies cause you to think about the Star Trek theme song? Of course I had to listen to it.... I'm a fan through and through, but... that's an awful song. Didn't think I added too much nitrogen and follow the other suggestions. I don't know, might be a factor that we had such a late season too, maybe if the weather holds it will still bloom? Having a spurt of warm weather this week. 80's. Was thinking PP would love this!

Hope you continue roaring Sandy! I'm smiling at the thought.
Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Morning Kim,
Why does talking about lilies cause you to think about the Star Trek theme song? Of course I had to listen to it.... I'm a fan through and through, but... that's an awful song.
Actually the back ground music of Star Trek was playing in my head I am assuming because the words reminded me of something Captain Kirk often said just before they went to Warp speed to continue their 5 year mission.

LoL It was a bit of a stretch I admit.

I've a flat to clean and some new recipes to try :bana: so I'd better get a move on.
Hope you are in line for a great week end. (already Friday here.)
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

OM LADIES (was OMG Then I looked at it - much better)

:kiss: short and sweet

I can't keep up with you 2,,,

but I am also in the couple of weeks before we leave,,,

today I planted daffys and crocosmia for over winter,,,amd we are putting the garden to bed,,
inside, I am packing up crystals and stones to send to storage for the winter..

i've lost my mail key,,,,the hunt was on for quite awhile,,,no luck,,,but I did find a few other things,
you wouldn't think you could lose anything in such a small place,,,,but you can...

oh well,,,

you guys have fun,,,and I will reconnect once we get down there,,around the 15th,,,

love you,,,,and give George a hug for me

pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Lynn,
That reminds me I need to buy some bulbs real quick myself! Figured you were getting ready to make the move south, safe travels! Looking forward to your return when you're able. I'm dreaming of those fire agates already! The reason you're having a hard time keeping up with us doesn't have anything to do how many shiny things we see in every other moment...could it?!!... "NAAA!"

Definitely not a fan of loosing things, especially something as important as a mailbox key! Hope it's located soon. Seems more and more lately I'm loosing things right in front of my face, most annoying when Dave picks it up and jiggles it. Then I have to turn on 'the mom look', that bores into his very soul...sorry having a little evil shiny moment there. :shock:

Sandy,
.......Nope still don't get the Star Trek connection with lilies... any kind of lilies, lilies of the valley, day lilies, calla lilies, Easter lilies, ditch lilies... Maybe your grandma gave your dad the calla lilies when a Star Trek episode was playing! :D :bana: :bana: :bana: That must be it! No other explanation I can think of! :mrgreen:

What recipes did you try? No way I got any cleaning done today because! It was a Grandma Day with Tiny! "Best Grandma Day ever!" her words. Just a regular day, but she was so happy! She's been having a hard time the last couple of months. Summers are so busy, two new centers, lots of jealousy having a baby sister. She found out about two thirds of the way through the summer I was staying home with Nova while she went to school. Having Grandma Days with only the two of us helps I think.

On Monday my niece and I are going to a Fall Equinox Circle. I'm ready for a group gathering of spiritually minded friends! Love to you all!

Kim

peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere

now I'm being lazy,,,for a couple of min anyway..

shifting things around in the understorage,,,,maybe get the crystals that have been on display all across the front dash,,,,and get the main suitcase loaded that has to go back to storage.

now I only have 2 pots to repot and get nestled into their winter spots....

Allan has all the big outside jobs to do...

I have learned a newish grounding technique and aura clearing....

remind me later and I'll describe them...

break is over,,,,

loves,, pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey guys,

Not sure how coherent I will be tonight as it is closing in on Midnight and I've along way to go yet before my head cn hit the pillow. but I wanted o check in and say hello.

I smile as I imagine PP puttering around getting things ship shape for the journey south. I know you will enjoy being in the warm places again. By now you and Allan must have it down to a science. I am thinking about the times you have been through now getting to this place, selling your home and property, selecting your new home and its resting places throughout the changing seasons. Life is certainly real interesting these days. At least, I hope they are for you. I would love to see the desert through your eyes. You know, I've never seen a desert. but then I've never seen a glacier either...and lots of things.

I would love to hear more about your new grounding and aura cleansing "thingy." Can't have too many of those.
So when you have the time and feel up to it. :D

Hope you are well. Please try not to over due it.

Kim, Please let us know about your Equinox circle. I guess that would be tonight, eh? How exciting! :bana:

Love to you both,
Sandy
George sends hugs to both of you... :kiss:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi All! :hithere
September must be the month for busyness! Wasn't the message for today, "Persevere! Persevere!"

Lynn, I too am interested in your grounding and aura cleansing. Hopefully most of the packing is mostly done now.

Which reminds me! Sandy I had another round of putting away my children's books. Found some of my favorite fall books. Have you ever heard of The Ox Cart Man, Henry Possum, When The Relatives Came, Old Henry, Yonder? Plus all the Jan Brett books!

The Equinox Circle turned out very nice! We've had pouring down rain for the past three days, temperatures in the mid-fifties. The Circle started at 4:00 P.M.. Rain stopped about 3:15 and the sun came out, temperature rose to a very pleasant 67 degrees.. Only five of us there because of the weather, my niece's first time. The farm we go for this is so charming and serene. An open field dotted with deer beds from the previous night, surrounded by a living fence of tall spruce and pine trees. There was an unusual number of large birds circling and swooping overhead, wind blowing. The owner's big old dog was grateful for all the extra hands available today. We were there for The Circle and also to do a blessing for the farm. The owner wants it to be a community spiritual center. There's an area close to where we did the ceremony, he wants to dedicate to a miniature village. The crazy thing is there are hundreds of huge beautiful orange and yellow mushrooms, and several other varieties, creating a path around the trees leading up to that area! I've never seen the orange and yellow ones before and so plentiful! Driving in, they look like they're decorations.

We did the Equinox Circle first, around a small alter of fruits and vegetables, we created a sacred space, calling in celestials and our ancestors. It was both gratefulness for the season's harvest, and our own individual harvest. Felt like such a safe place. There are prayers, toning and two small drums. At the close we thank the celestials and ancestors and open the circle. Very lovely.

Here's to those sacred spaces we carry with us in our hearts.

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Here's to those sacred spaces we carry with us in our hearts.
:happy :cheers:
Blessed be!

Are you thinking faeries? That popped into my head when you spoke of the mushrooms and the natural path they created. Seems you guys are not the only ones thinking "sacred space." :D

It all sounds so beautiful..the togetherness...you the circle nature's contribution and the love that natural flows in circle work.... like music to my ears.

This morning I sat again by the lake in the little natural cathedral created by my beloved Shea oaks. it was one of those perfect moments in time that felt sort of out of time.... like you sense you are in a beautiful bubble and watching life flow past as a fascinated observer. Of course, I suppose we contribute even in such a state..perhaps even more so as the peace flowing through us is shared with the earth. But with all that "over thinking" LOL :roll: it was still a beautiful time.
Which reminds me! Sandy I had another round of putting away my children's books. Found some of my favorite fall books. Have you ever heard of The Ox Cart Man, Henry Possum, When The Relatives Came, Old Henry, Yonder? Plus all the Jan Brett books!
I recognise the Ox Cart Man and When the Relatives Came. (That one was very relevant in reality in our family. ) LOL I was always drawn to those Caldecott medal winners... books like Owl Moon resonated with me. It was like a hush would flow inside when I read that book.
I took George up the mountain to the doctor on Wednesday and this place, the office situated in an older sprawling revived house... I love to go there because in the ample entrance room (big enough for group activities they sponsor a book sale to benefit a local charity. All these wonderful used books! It is fabulous to browse the books while you wait your turn. I bought a book that reminded me of you. It is called "Ducks" and is filled with beautiful sweet funny poems about ducks. It is just a small tiny ornately decorated little book but certainly one could easily pop into your hand as you head out to contemplate a field of wild grasses and wildflowers or better still a small grove of Shea Oaks. ;)

George is up now so I had best get ready for his medical morning rituals.
Love Abounds in some of the most unexpected places don't you think? :bana:

(((((hugs)))))
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Sandy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:58 amAre you thinking faeries?
I couldn't think anything else! I mean it was so perfect! Never in my life would I have imagined such a thing. And they were so huge, and colorful, I'm talking the larger species six to eight inches tall and the same diameter for the caps! Felt like we stepped into a fairy tale. Not only did they form a trail around the large pine trees, there were just as many under the low hanging branches, and going far off into the woods. Of course it was just the women going gaga over the mushrooms. We were like giggly little kids, it was so amazing. As it opened into the field, we found several smaller, duller colored species, but so plentiful! It will be wonderful watching the unfolding of what Mother Nature has planned for that farm.
Sandy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:58 amThis morning I sat again by the lake in the little natural cathedral created by my beloved Shea oaks. it was one of those perfect moments in time that felt sort of out of time.... like you sense you are in a beautiful bubble and watching life flow past as a fascinated observer. Of course, I suppose we contribute even in such a state..perhaps even more so as the peace flowing through us is shared with the earth.
Your experience at cathedral under the Shae oaks, sounds like the making of a story to me, beautiful, just beautiful Sandy. So happy you were able to participate in it!

Yup, Owl Moon was there too.
Sandy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:58 am It was like a hush would flow inside when I read that book.
That's EXACTLY how it feels! Might have to make more shelves if I keep finding boxes of books. As it is not sure where to put all the tape books... Yes, I bought a tape player... think the other one wore out. It's great idea they have a book sale at a doctor's office! Sounds like a healing therapy. Hope George's visit went well. I seem to remember when that drive was very intimidating for you.

I miss not being with my Tiny girl during the school day, but Nova and I are having such a special time together. Have a story brewing in my head about her. Every morning we have to go out and smell all the flowers, there's a lot of flowers. I just imagine how happy it feels to them to see her shining face. Showed her how the snapdragons look like little munching bunnies, so every morning now we end our greeting ritual with snapdragons saying, "Good morning Nova Jane! How are you this fine day?" I know probably every grandma feels this way,... but SHE IS SO ADORABLE! It's a little crazy how much Tiny looks like her mom, and Nova looks like her dad. Dan and his sister look so much alike, feels as if I'm watching Aleah grow up all over again! Both of the girls have Rachel's beautiful big eyes. Ouiee! Their daddy is gonna be in trouble when those girls grow up!

Yesterday it was windy, Nova and I got out the kid parachute, watched the butterflies flit about, practiced flapping our arms trying to fly like the butterflies. Didn't work, but had a fun time trying! I can imagine what some of the guests are thinking watching the old lady and toddler, laughing and falling on the ground. We sing and play the Turn Around Game... you have to fall on the ground, says so in the song! Nova loves Ring Around The Rosies too. We tried flying a little butterfly kite I brought, but it was a fickle wind. Tried again after Clementine got home, the wind would blow really hard, then all the sudden die down. I knew once we got the kite out, it wouldn't take long for the whole family to join in. Best $2.50 I ever spent! All of us running up and down the yard, laughing and encouraging the little kite to soar. At one point we were all calling out for the fairies to help, seemed to work for awhile, but you know fairies. They're tricksters! After that we got out the parachute again My son asked, "How many grandma's have a parachute?"

I said, "Well all of them that used to be a preschool teacher I guess." Had to explain to him it was a kid kind, not the real thing. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he gauged the wind, eyeing the little bluff overlooking the water.

Sandy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:58 amLove Abounds in some of the most unexpected places don't you think?
I couldn't agree more!!!

Okay, need to try and get some rest. Supposed to rain... Wonder if the parachute will make a good tent?

Love to all,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good morning friends, :hithere

Well... I have always wanted chickens...always and don't you know in a strange and a sad series of circumstances I now am guardian to one ancient female silky bantam. It's a long story, but the young woman across the street moved a couple weeks ago. She is a bonified animal lover as was her beloved Nan who passed a little over a year ago. To settle the estate she is required to leave by April. She decided with her large brood of animals that she had better get started early to find the right place and so in a weeks time she did. Well, as of last week she had settled five horses, 2 cats, 5 pugs, and 2 parrots. But the two old gal chickens not yet, as they must have a secure housing or be eaten by foxes. So I was feeding them and checking in on them. Last Friday one decided to pass on right in front of me and in my arms. We were both worried about the lone chicken so voila, I am now guardian of one of the cutest chickens I have ever seen. (we were both worried about her being alone over there and fretting herself to death.) She is very sweet and enjoys watching behind the safety of a screen the antics of my two bunnies when I release them to play and get into all kinds of mischief. Eventually the screen will be gone when I am sure the "parties"are well acclimated to each other.

I mention this because ... I was just wishing last week I could have a chicken. LOL I hope this does not mean I am responsible for the other chicken's death. :shock: My feathered charge is very sweet, somewhat clean, and named Sadie. Here are some images of Bantams...

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... 54&bih=742

Kim, I am in wonder imaging the mushroom scene before your circle gathering. Years ago George and I went to an attraction on top of the escarpment. On one end of the parking lot were some lovely old trees and at their feet were these large magnificent red mushrooms with spots just like you see often drawn with fairies in paintings and pictures. I had never seen anything like it. Beautiful!
We sometimes have smallish purple mushroom grow in the yard. I haven't seen them in a couple years though. Hope they will come back. I cannot mow over them so the yard looks a bit strange until the mushrooms spore and I can help disperse the potential offspring.

What joy for me imagining you and the girls and family running around the lawn chasing kites and butterflies and having a marvellous time. Nature can be so invigorating and healing... Joy is something we all can cultivate I think. We just need to release some of our inhibitions and let the silly roll out. :roll :cheers:
Your experience at cathedral under the Shea oaks, sounds like the making of a story to me, beautiful, just beautiful Sandy. So happy you were able to participate in it!
Hmm you may be right... I got an idea just now... :bana: For littlies rhyming would be nice. Oh dear, we're back to the ole "poet" thing. LOL Okay thinking its time again to release my inner child and dispelling the limited thinking I've cultivated all these looooooog years. :lol:

Hey, PP should be on the road now... off to her southern Adventures. Safe travels PP where ever you are and check in when you can. You remain as always in our hearts. :kiss:
Okay I am off to sneak a spoonful of peanut butter and maybe make some low carb muffins. :finger: fingers crossed they are edible.

xxSandy :smurfin: