The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
gypsie
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by gypsie »

hi all i'm so into this thread at the moment I snuck off from Harry to see the next episode (who needs Brook and Ridge from the Blod and the beautiful?) this is really 100% like we are sitting around the table drinking coffee (latte for me) or chai becoming the closest group of friends, I love you all :kiss:
Now I'll make this quick because Harry is finally moving and unpacking his shed I have to strike while the irons hot or he'll sit in that awful recliner of his for another 5 months...I must mention he works 7 days a week 12 hours a day, but something around the house it's like a miracle has happened :finger:

Petra I wanted to tell you last night I burnt some sage and did a meditation about your issue and I love all the advice which followed here (why am I so excited? and couldn't wait to read the thread) is spot on. So 11:11 gang in my meditation I saw you sitting outside at night looking at the stars and having a little puff (as we do) and then two hands appeared it startled me, they were covered in soil. Sandy is right you have to do what you feel is right. You asked if your answer will come in a dream ect but Sandy hit the nail on the head it's right in front of you. I do feel for you it is difficult when we are faced with choices like these, I can be such a people pleaser and at times this gets me into hot water. There is this part of me who wants everyone to like me but it's OK for me not to like everyone. Years of therapy and I still struggle with this issue :roll: I get terrible anxiety if there is any conflict yet if the children are being bullied or excluded I become a warrior woman (Geff please can we have spell check?). All the best with your decision making and know we are all behind you in whatever choice you make...
Cathy
I put this arabic henna through my hair years ago and I looked like a red beakon for years. Yet I had a hairdresser who put a henna pot with brown paper around it and the result was amazing. Do you know if this henna pot system is available to us all? When I was on treatment a few years ago and my hair came out in clumps it grew back but it's really never been as thick, Harry is now in the house silly me the working bee has come to an end :lol: and he's hungry :roll:
love to all Gypsie :loves
Love is an action and not a word...
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Helloo Gypsy-Beds, Sandy, Cathy-Lynn, Renee, EVERYONE, I have to say thank you for your time and great advice and I really mean this: I feel much better now, no longer feeling guilt pangs about friend # 2. Yep, I'm just going to go with the flow of events. Do up this house (we were quite happy not to have central heating.....Spartans that we are, except when it comes to meals, hahaha!! ) then we'll see how events unfold after October.
I fret too easily when it comes to people. Yes Debs, I too used to worry about what folk thought of me, wanting to be liked by everyone. Now however, I don't care at all. I figured it's because I have found you Guys on this Board. I've learnt so much from people's opinions and advice. Can't imagine my life without all you Guys.

Love, Pet XXXX
MichelleP

Post by MichelleP »

Hi Petra,

That's because you love so deeply. Focus on that and the guilt will melt away because everything does happen for a purpose and it did all play out the way it was meant to with your two friends. Great advice everyone.

Michelle
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Michelle, thank you for saying that! I'm a right :evil: too sometimes! Just so's you know, hehehe!

Love to you and All, Pet XXX
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone :hithere ,

Thanks for all your positive comments about my hair! It's begun to calm down and darken a bit now, but is still lighter overall than it was the first time, so it's just about what I was aiming for! :colors:

Sandy, it's great to be back on this thread again after the move; thanks for your prayers and all your warm and caring comments! Back when I had long hair (I've had it at a range of different lengths over the years, from long enough that I could sit on it to as short as it is now), I used to put off haircuts too, often waiting a year or a year and a half in between cuts! Yes, according to the Henna For Hair website, henna is "a natural colorant and strengthener, and has all sorts of other benefits such as the reduction of dandruff, elimination of ringworm and head lice." In addition, says the site, henna contains tannins, which "are slightly astringent and their use will tighten the surface of the scalp and hair follicles, strengthening the follicles’ grasp on each hair. Henna also penetrates the hair shaft, strengthens it, smooths the cuticle, thickens the hair, making your hair more resistant to breakage." So it actually has a lot of benefits.

Yes, if you'd like to try red/auburn hair, I'd definitely recommend the body-art-quality henna -- with your light brown hair, I bet it would come out a really nice auburn just naturally, without needing to do the extra step of bleaching first like I did! While you're still in idea stage, I'd highly recommend looking at the Henna For Hair website (http://www.hennaforhair.com). The woman who started it (and a series of related websites) is doing her PhD dissertation on henna, so her sites are just packed with a wealth of info she's researched. She also sells body-art-quality henna herself (as well as some other natural herbal hair dyes and conditioners, such as indigo and cassia), and has links to other places worldwide who do as well. She also has a really handy chart where you can look up your starting hair color and figure out what combination of henna, cassia and indigo to use to get it anywhere from red to auburn to light brown to dark brown to black or blue-black (http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hairinstructions2.pdf). She also provides a free 54-page e-book on how to henna your hair (http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/), and I also loved looking at the page where different people have sent in examples, with pictures, of the specific henna recipes they used, and the results they got (http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/index.html). I keep meaning to eventually write up and send in my own results, since she'll send you some free henna if you do!

What a cool and creative idea, to decorate an old file cabinet with the imprints of leaves dipped in different colored paints! I'd be interested in seeing it, if you happened to feel like posting a picture of it! I know what you mean about astringent white walls -- nearly all the places we've lived in had that. Except this one has the walls all painted a light sage-like green color called "river rock," that also has little grey gravely specks in it and a slightly rough finish, so that it actually looks a little like rock. This is the most modern house we've rented, and it's evident that someone actually gave some thought to trying to make it match with the outdoor environment. :D

Gypsie Deb and Lynn,

Mmm, a chai tea with whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top, that sounds excellent! Even out here in the woods, much to my delight, we just discovered a really good coffee house in Guerneville, the next biggest little town over, about 4 miles from us. The place has a good-sized pastry and drink selection, as well as an attached used bookstore where you can trade in your old books and get credit toward other books in the store. I tried their chai, and it was very good, seemingly their own unique recipe, more spicy-hot than some; I suspect they put a little extra dose of black pepper in it! Besides chai, my favorite coffee-house drink is a cafe au lait with chocolate (that is, made with hot chocolate instead of plain milk). I love sprinkling extra spices on top too, especially nutmeg, cloves and cardamom! Lynn, I agree with everyone else, your new avvie picture is great! And Gypsie Deb, that God Box sounds like a great idea!

Pet,

Sorry to hear about the dilemma with your two friends and the house! Everyone's already given a lot of great advice here, and I agree, it's best to follow your own excellent heart and intuition. One comforting prayer/affirmation I kind of pieced together over the years from the words of authors like Shakti Gawain and Louise L. Hay (and added a few of my own words to), which I sometimes just recite over and over again whenever there's a seemingly insoluble crisis, and it really seems to help things shift, goes something like this:

"All is well in my world.
I hereby request and proclaim
that this entire situation
is working itself out now
in totally harmonious and satisfying ways
for my highest good, _____'s highest good, (insert relevant name)
and the highest good of all concerned.
Out of this situation only good will come,
only good can come,
and only good is coming now.
I am safe."

I'll bet it's quite possible that the situation will resolve itself eventually in a perfectly harmonious way for everyone's highest good -- perhaps one of the friends will find some other arrangement that would be even better for her, or some equally win-win alternative.

Love and Blessings to All of You LUV2,

Aqua Deb
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi CathyLynn ,

I'd meant also to comment on my own experience with bleaching after applying the henna (before my last post got so long! :roll: ), since you mentioned that some coloring agents don't always come out even with strong bleach. According to the Henna For Hair website, the henna color supposedly gradually washes out the more times you wash your hair, and will fade away after about six weeks and then need to be reapplied. She also says, though, that with repeated applications, the henna color will become more firmly integrated into your hair, so it may depend on some of these different factors, and may indeed be a point worth considering in the case where one may want to change it later.

In my case, when I recently bleached my hair the second time, about four weeks after I first henna-ed it, it lightened up to a light red/strawberry blonde that was so pretty I was initially tempted to leave it at that shade and not henna over it again, but in the end, I decided to stick with a bit darker red/auburn. So I know that bleaching at least lightens it some, but if I had been trying to bleach it all the way to blonde, I'm not sure what would have happened. It does appear that you could always darken it again by adding indigo, but like I said, I'm not sure about lightening it back up to blonde. I suspect a second bleaching might have made it blonde (and perhaps been a little harder than necessary on the hair in the process), but who knows! :scratch:

Love and Blessings,

Aqua Deb
CathyLynn
Old Friend

Post by CathyLynn »

Hello Everyone,

Getting behind on reading this thread, I can't believe how big its gotten!

Gypsie, I haven't heard of the henna pot with brown paper I wonder what it does?Image. Check to see if you have Nioxin products in Australia, it's a professional hair care line for people that experience thinning hair. I use it on a regular basis and at one time I was an educator for the company in my area. They have a web site it's www.nioxin.com.

Deb, your hair still looks great. There's so many different types of henna's on the market. In beauty school we never worked with them and only talked about them briefly. In all my years doing hair I've never applied one. The only experience I had with them is trying to get them out!!!!!!!Image
I'm getting my hair done tomorrow, maybe I'll go red!!!!!

Gatta' run and make Danny's dinner (hubby), ya'll have a blessed evening.

Love
Cathy
The imagination is the place where all things have their beginning!
November
Family

Post by November »

Thank you Cathy! Ever since I 've change my diet, I've lost 40 lbs, but I'm losing quite a few strands of hair. Enough where I'm becoming alarmed. I run my fingers through my hair and keep pulling out more. Thanks for the info on a product.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Jul 24, well gals, I have no idea how I lost my post, but I did something wrong,,,,,(maybe I should have stayed gray, ha ha ha),,,

anyway, a few days late in coming,,,but here it is, as it was....

Jul 20 Hi Gals,,,,,
Do we have any other Reiki Masters out here,,,,I'm one, and sorry, to be so slow on the uptake,,,,,,

so as soon as I post this, with your permission, I will send a Reiki healing to:
Gypsie, for her frozen shoulder, and Pet for her cold.....

also if you gals don't mind,,,,if you do, don't read on....

Louise Hay, has a lovely book called Heal your Body..(The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them)
....she say's and I think we agree, that all our physical symptons, are created from emotional issues that we are avoiding to deal with......(which means we even create these viruses to attack us,,,,,whatever)

when I first looked at this book in relation to what was going on with me personally, I kept saying, No, that's not me, I don't have that, I'm not like that,,,,,(De Nile (denial) isn't the only river in Egypt)

anyway, it took a couple of weeks, before I could do enough serious introspection, and catch just exactly how those symptoms were connected to me.....then I worked on them......only have a couple of symptoms left...

heres Louise's info on these two subjects:

Shoulder: (Probable Cause) - Represent our ability to carry our experiences in life joyously. We make life a burden by our attitude.
(New Thought Pattern - to use) I choose to allow all my experiences to be joyous and loving.

(This next one might be more applicable Gypsie)

Joints (all joints): (Probable Cause) - Represent changes in direction in life and the ease of these movements. (New Thought Pattern - to use)
I easily flow with change. My life is Divinely guided and I am always going in the best direction.

So now dear Pet.....Colds...come under in general firstly as:

Respiratory Ailments - (Probable Cause) - Fear of taking in life fully...
(New Thought Pattern - to use) I am safe. I love my life.

then I went to Colds: (which might be more applicable to you in the moment.

(Probable Cause) - Too much going on at once. Mental confusion, disorder. Small hurts, "I get three colds every winter," type of belief.
(New Thought Pattern - to use) I allow my mind to relax and be at peace. Clarity and harmony are within me and around me. All is well.

Fun huh, don't we just love digging out the 'negativity' and replace it with love....

now some more 'sagely advice' about your dilema Pet....

The Godbox, works wonders, it truly does, but sometimes we just want that answer at little faster, than just waiting to see how it turns out...

one method I use, is I guess you could say a Mental God Box, at night before I go to bed I mull over the whole thing, put it in the GB, and ask for an answer in the a.m. when you wake up you should know how you feel about either one of them.....

then I did this one with a friend one day while we were talking on the phone.....

she had a choice of 4 things to choose from, and couldn't make up her mind, which was best, what did she really want to do....

so I said, ok, write on 4 pieces of paper (in your case two), the names of the things/positions/people however you want to write it.....

then take the 4 slips of paper, put them in a container, and ask for the right one to come out....

before she put her hand in,,,,the thought came to her, but if this one doesn't come out I'll be disappointed.......TA DA!!!! she didn't even have to do it, she got her answer....

so I'd say try it. 2 pices of paper, 2 ladies names and the circumstances for each one.....then put them in a container, then say your prayer or intention, however you want to ask, but ASK....

when you pull one out,,,,,,pay real good attention to how you feel, when you see the name.......you'll have a positive or not reaction,,,,,recognize and go with your gut feeling......it'll be the right one...

like oh, it's so and so,,,,,aw, I wish it was the other one,,,,,well there's your answer,,,,,,

OTHERWISE,,,,,,I'm in agreement with the other ladies here.....I got a positive feel for the horticulturist,,,,,and you did think of her first....
<<<< I thought of my good friend >>>>>

the second lady is the one who was sent to you to put you in confusion, and make you doubt your first intention.....

<<<<<Then I got a call from another friend (we're not close,>>>>>>

now who else did I have to answer with this epistle,,,,,,

oh yes, Renee and the quotes,,,,,I think it must be a computer thingy and I don't even know what we have, as they are separate components, other than I run windows xP,,,,,,all I do is use it....but I have tried all kinds of methods previously suggested and nothing worked, so I use Georges method..... <<<<<paste the quote and>>>>>
works for him, good enough for me....

So now,,,,,on with the Reiki,,,,,

my husband often wrecks his rotator cup in his shoulder, and I can fix that up, until he does it again.....and I've always had a knack for headaches.....

so, Pet, your in the UK and there's a 7 hr time difference, and Gypsie, I think your in AU, and it's a good 17 hrs ahead of me....

so if I send Reiki at 2:30 pm, my time: it'll be 9:30 pm in UK and 7:30 am Sat in AU.

that should work......so Ill do Pet's first for a half hr, (from 9:30 - 10 pm UK time) then at 3:00/8:00 AU am I'll do Deb,,,,,,I could send the both at once, but I'd rather be able to focus the energy for each one individually.....Also I call on AA Raphael and send his emerald green healing rays to surround you.....

I also ask my higher self to connect with your higher self, to ask permission for the healing......if you say no, it will just go to where ever it's needed...

Well now I've got 40 minutes to get ready, time to take the dogs out, jump in the hot tub, do cleansing,,,then I'll be on it.....

Would love to know if you two, see, feel, or hear anything.....

much love to everyone here,,,

Lynn
CathyLynn
Old Friend

Post by CathyLynn »

November, if you need some advice on Nioxin just PM me and we can chat about it! They've changed a lot since I was an educator but the science is still the same!

hugs,
Cathy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Lynn,
You seem to have so much pep in your step! Thanks for the referral of Louise Hay's book. I've been mulling the Reiki healing over for some time now. I know there are several practitioners on this board.

We have chronic allergies in our family and I think it's time to not simply accept them as a part of our lives. I'm finally ready to wrap my brain around the power of positive energy and prayer. Hey, you haven't heard of it working on melting off a few pounds around the middle have you? Well, more than a few would be helpful!

Anyway thanks for the advice!

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Dearest Lynn, I never usually get colds. There's some real beasties doing the rounds here and I caught mine from Thalia. Now usually they last about 3-4 days! Phil is 'suffering' now (and he doesn't 'do' flu's or colds. Infact, I can only remember him being ill once from food poisoning thanks to my poor cooking efforts in the early days.....Chicken...don't ask...awful memories!) Anyway, he's still suffering and mine lasted a day and a bit of the evening. I knew I was receiving some healing, but was unsure who. Thank You so much Lynn

Friend # 2 telephoned me today and told me why the landlord/lady have changed their minds about them staying in the house and I think it's very unfair for them. I've told her straight that I still have no concrete answer because friend # 1 is in Yorkshire dealing with her father's funeral and all that! :cry: I'm still taking each day as it comes. We have arranged a day out to the Wildlife Park with our kids. (She has two older boys but they kind of know my lot and get on well.) I want to help her find a nice place.
House is a tip, what with painting and decorating, replacing skirting boards blah dee blah! Me: "What's a skirting board?" God, I'm thick when it comes to that sort of thing! LOL

Better get on with it. Thank you again Lynn for that healing. (Seems to be an after-effect too, I was positively bouncing off the walls at work.)

Hugs, pet XXXX
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Holy Wow :shock:
This thread's gone bonkers! I promise that I will catch up with you all, proper like soon....

I wanted to share our dear friend Judy's fairy site. http://www.queenoffairiesphotos.com/ I thought this would be a good place to do it, since we've been talking about fairies, elementals etc. It is such a wonder-full site! I'm having fun playing 'where's waldo' only it's more like 'where's the gnome, tree spirit, fairy, sprite' what a blast!

I'm off to do some grocery shopping. Harry Potter has been taking every spare moment I've got.... if you already know the ending... don't tell me!

Big Luvin's to All :cheers:

Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hello my lovlies
Keep this one short and yes MO my house is Harry Potter mad!!!!
Now Lynn (PP) you bowl me over yesterday I went for my lung scan (scary stuff) even took Mum. Well PP you are psycic because I don't have a frozen shoulder, it's amazing you posted Louise Hay's information on lungs (for Petra) and it turns out I have very early
(I mean very early and tiny emphysema :cry: ) have been in a tad of shock but the specialist said if I didn't get the shoulder pain I may have kept smoking and well we all know the rest of that story!!!!!!!
All healings welcome...... :cheers:
So for the first time in years (apart from carrying my babies) I am smoke free :study: reading my 'You Can Heal Your Body' and listening to her healing meditation. Five days off cigarettes and never want to smoke again in my life :thumbdown: I believe if I can clear Hep C with 100% belief in healing this will go as well!
Sandy
Must tell you in my AC you popped out of the lift, I almost fell over and guess what you needed? A hug!!!! (((CYBER HUG TO YOU)))))
much love Gypsie
Love is an action and not a word...
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello All, Mo said:
Harry Potter has been taking every spare moment I've got.... if you already know the ending... don't tell me!
AS IF!!! My friend and colleague read it in one sitting and by the look on her face the next morn, I could tell that it was hardly a happy ending! Another freind/colleague told me the ending and she went ballastic. Said she'd give him a piece of her mind! :? The world's gone Harry Potty! :lol:

Have a blessed day EveryOne XXXX

Pet XXX
Starrlyte
New Friend

Post by Starrlyte »

I finished Harry Potter on Sunday, won't spill, but I'm going to miss the series.....

Gypsie-So sorry about your emphyzema! Good that you are smoke free AND focusing on healing! You CAN do this!!!

Things have been a bit bonkers lately with people's health, both mental and physical. I waiting patiently for this to clear. How are you supposed to stay positive when the world seems to be crashing down around you?? LOL! I do try to stay focused on all the wonderful things I have, but boy sometimes it's just not easy! :)

Mo'-Funny you mention fairies, since I pass under a fairy bridge each and every day on my way to work. I make it a point to say hello and wish them a good day! (It's a beautiful tree canopy over the road, and it just FEELS sacred).

Have a glorious day everyone!

Starr
AJ

Post by AJ »

Please do not put any Harry Potter spoilers in this forum. I am trying to avoid them as much as possible. I was a bit behind on the series and am finishing up Half Blood Prince and then going right into Deathly Hallows. It is so hard to avoid the ending. You should here some of the stories of what some evil evil people have been doing regarding ruining the end for so many. Here is a link to an article on this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... ers-2.html
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Like I said, the world's gone Harry Potty!

That is quite sad. I really hate it when you're about to read an eagerly awaited good book, or watch a film and some wally says: "Ah, that's a great book/film..." and then proceed to reveal the ending...especially if it's on-the-edge-of-one's-seat ending...like that film The Sixth Sense...I got told the ending right at the beginning! Even though I was blocking my ears and going: 'blablablablabla' really loudly. Five mins into the film the 'person' cried out the ending and laughed! GRRRRR! I'm over it now!

Anyway, how's things AJ? I hope all is well and good in your neck of the world!

Pet XXX
CathyLynn
Old Friend

Post by CathyLynn »

Hello All,

Gypsie, so sorry to hear about your illness, I'm soooooo glad you are now smoke free. May I recommend another book for you, it's Donna Eden's Energy Medicine. I go to one of her students and I must say it's doing wonders! My headaches are started to wain a bit.

Well darlings off to water my outside plants, we're in a drought (10 inches below normal) right now. My grass is brown and there's dust blowing everywhere. They're clearing trees on the piece of land next to ours to build a house and the dust is getting inside my house too! Its awful!Image
Have a blessed day,
Cathy
PS just heard thunder......could it be rain maybe????????Image
Thalia
Busy Bee

Post by Thalia »

Dear Mo and Everyone i had a dream last night it was about fairys. There were these fox gloves that were realy wide and i had to put some speciel water in them then i had to put my head in there and then i went to the fairyland. I was flying arond with lots of other fairys and it was all in my own garden. Everything seemed really difrent in my garden becase it was so big and i had to find something. IT WAS REALY EXITING AND COOL... They looked like this in my dream Image
but more like butterflys

LOVE Thalia xxx
CathyLynn
Old Friend

Post by CathyLynn »

Hi Thalia,

Your dream was sooooo special - I loved reading about it, the fairys sound soooo pretty!!!! Next time you have a dream like that invite me!!!!!
:D

Love & Hugs,
CathyImage
MichelleP

Post by MichelleP »

That was indeed a very neat dream.

Michelle
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello All You dear people!

I don't know what happened but somehow I missed all of this. I must have lost track of one of the topic reply notifications or something. Anyway I don't hardly know where to begin I am so behind...so here goes...

Aqua Deb...Thankyou for all the henna information and websites. I am still considering it... I find it interesting that henna is actually good for your hair and helps strengthen your hair follicles. Can't have too much of that at my age. (29) I loved your positive prayer affirmation. I copied it and plan on using it myself. It is just what I needed to read today you dear sweet lady. Thank you very much!

Oh Gypsy I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis of emphazema. But I am so very thankful that it is in the very earliest of stages and that you have quit smoking. I am saying prayers for you. I know you can rid your body of this just as you did hepatitis B.
And Gypsy, thanks for the hug sis...I was having a rough day on Friday...rough several days actually. I try so hard to be positive..but some days for no reason the bottom drops out and I feel the need to with draw for a while. I want you to know it helped and I am feeling top of the world now! As you can tell Starr I struggle with remaining positive too at times. I think we just have to keep reaffirming our intentions. I think anytime we try to change or improve something about ourselves we start out with wonderful expectations but as we go along and life situations whether large or small hit us and throw us off our game...then it is easy to feel a sense of failure on our part. But it isn't failure at all. I really think it is part of the growing and healing proccess and hopefully with each new resolve or restart we become stronger and more determined as well as more positive and faith filled. Man that was wordy! :shock: Hope it made sense ... Oh when I imagine your fairy tree I think of the wonderful Strangler Fig trees they have in this country. I am in complete awe of these wonderful "old giants." If I were a fairy that is where I would live...either there or in Thalia's garden. What a fantastic dream, sweetie! :D That is one you will probably always remember. :happy Do you think you could turn your experience into a story or a poem..or maybe a painting?
Mo I am planning on checking out Judy's Fairy site just as soon as I get off of here. Made the mistake once of trying to check out a URL in the middle of a post and lost the whole darn thing. :( very frustrating!...

Hello AJ, I promise I am not a threat to ruining your book serie's ending because unfortunately, I have missed the whole Harry Potter thing even though I know I would absolutely love the books. (Have certainly enjoyed the films) I always loved books like The Lord of the Rings and the Pern Books by Anne McGaffrey...but it has been awhile since I have done much recreational reading. Maybe it is time to read something fun again. I've been thinking I need a vacation. What better place than at Hogwarts!
Petra, what a shame that the ending was spoiled for you in 'The Sixth Sense.' When I came to the ending I was so shocked and then I couldn't believe that I missed it all along! Looking back at the events in the movie it did make perfect sense after all!
Cathy I do hope you have gotten some drought relief by now and the rain is falling freely, settling the dust in the air. I feel so badly for the wildlife at times like these. As bad as it is for us humans...at least most of us can turn on the tap and still quench our thirst. I feel very badly as I realize that this is not true for many people in some parts of the world. We so often take for granted our clean safe drinking water don't we.
PP, I want to thank you for the reccomendation of Louise Hay's 'Heal Your Body Book' I am sending it to a friend who I think will greatly benefit by it.
Oh Kim, I have just finished reading the Secret book and they do speak of melting off those pounds with the power of attraction and positive thinking. I can't find the page specifically but I think they spoke of holding the thoughts of the way you want to look and the perfect wieght in your mind and then know that it will naturally occur. In other words don't stress over the weight you need to loose but instead concentrate on the way you will look...Believe it to be a fact. I'll keep looking because I know they said more than that...maybe Michelle or Gypsy will recall what it says more clearly... November, loosing forty pounds is quite an accomplishment. Congradulations! :cheers: It is a little disturbing that your hair is falling out though. :scratch: Is your diet eliminating something important in this regard? Does anybody know what vitamins or minerals are important for the strength and health of your hair or what ingested foods will aid this area?

Well I am sorry about this long post. :oops: It is hard when you have missed so much. As it is, I still only said about half as much as I wanted too so count your blessings! :lol:

I love all of you! :loves
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Oh my gosh you guys!
I just love the feeling of friendship weaving through this thread! I want to reach out and hug all of you!

I think it's hilarious so many of us like the Harry Potter series. I can't think of anyone around here except our family who are really into the books. I finished this morning but have kept quiet until Aleah and Kenny are done. J.K. Rowlings is such an inspiration to me. I love to write, and with every book she reminds me what a gift it is to loose yourself in imagination and to expand the boundaries of our senses.

A.J.,
We haven't spoken much, but I too was wondering how you were doing.

Gypsie,
It brought tears to my eyes when you said Sandy came to you in the AC needing a hug. If you can beat Hep C you can surely rid yourself of emphazema, especially with all of us praying for you! Congratulations on quitting smoking, keep it up baby!

Sandy,
If you stop and close your eyes for a moment you will feel many of us giving you a hug!.....Did you sense the love?

I agree with everything you said about trying to improve ourselves... But, maybe we're not suppose to be positive all the time... Maybe part of the process is allowing the negative to overcome us once in awhile so we can learn from it. I think the key is that we are honestly trying to be better, not that we haven't accomplished it yet. It really is all about the journey.

When I look around at all these individuals who are striving for "self-perfection", I only see exhausted people who are missing out on what really matters. Allowing myself permission to embrace doing something frivolous once in awhile keeps my heart singing, mind healthier and refortifies my spirit; so I can be more content with myself when trying to tackle it all again tomorrow.

Mo,
The fairy site left me 'Stupified', ah ha ha I cracked myself up again! I really hope you got the Harry Potter reference in that, otherwise it just sounds kinda stupid. Anyway, are you honestly telling me that those faces and images were not superimposed over those pictures! I have seen faces in things for years, not something I tell everyone on the street! Those photos were mesmerising. This morning I thought I should go and grab my camera from school to photograph the beauty right outside my back door. I swear everything is more gorgeous this year!

Okay, Aleah is done with the book I have to show her that site! Thanks for sharing everyone? Hey, has anyone heard from Memawlaura lately? She just popped into my head.

Love to all!
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Starrlyte
New Friend

Post by Starrlyte »

Thalia-Your dream sounds amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing! :) I agree with Sandy, maybe you can write a story or paint a picture.

Sandy-Each day I try to write down 5 things (minimum) that I am grateful for. In that way I can focus on the positive, and not only on the negative. I find that helps tons! I call it my Gratitude Journal, and it helps keep me sane! LOL! (or at least as sane as any of us are!). It also helps me work through my emotions. I have found that it's really not all about me, or at least not in the way I think. It's been a tough road learning to release those issues that are not mine, and learning that I can not fix everyone, it's not for me to do. I can be the shoulder to lean on, the ear that listens and offers advice, but only others can heal themselves, so by removing myself from the outcome, I have found it easier to release the negative feelings. As to taking a vacation, I do believe that a trip to Hogwarts would be most recreational and enjoyable!!! :) Oh, and as to The Secret, just keep in mind that the book doesn't really go far enough. It explains the part about the Law of attraction, but does not go into actually doing the work to get what you want, and/or how things may get shaken up before things finally fall into place. There are actually six steps to manifesting, I know I have them somewhere, but it's not just the thoughts, it's following through on the thoughts, never an easy thing!!! Manifesting takes work, but in the end it is more than worth it!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the week!!!

Starr