The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
aqualeaf
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi again Sandy,

On the Abraham stuff, I'm still very much in learning mode, and this stuff is sinking in more and more over time, so let me see if I can articulate it in a way that makes sense:

What I believe Abraham means by "focus" is "to think about, and to give your energy and attention to," which can also be done by visualizing. In an attraction-based universe, Abraham says, there is no such thing as "No." Therefore, if you are focusing on something you want, you are attracting it into your experience. But likewise, if you are focusing on something you don't want, you are also attracting it into your experience. Therefore, Abraham says, it is very important to focus on only what you do want, on what makes you feel good.

By "doing-based effort," I mean taking concrete action in order to try to create things in your experience. Abraham says that if you could hold a pure positive focus on your desire for as little as 17 seconds, this would accomplish as much as 2000 hours (or a full year of 40 hours per week!) of taking concrete action to manifest your desire.

By "pure positive focus on" or "being in vibrational alignment with," what you desire, I believe Abraham means feeling only positive feelings, like anticipation and certainty that what you want to manifest is on its way, without any resistance or contradictory vibration (that is, without the negative emotions caused by focusing on the lack of what you desire, allowing doubts to creep in, and so on), often trickier for us than it sounds - often we think we're focusing on what we want, when we're actually focusing the lack of it, without even realizing it -- therefore, we have to become very aware of our emotions in order to discern the difference -- The better we feel, it is an indication that we are focusing positively on what we want, and therefore attracting to us what we desire. The worse we feel, it is an indication that we are focusing negatively on the lack of what we want, and the more we are resisting it, or blocking it from coming to us. Therefore, the very most important thing we can do, is to feel good.

As soon as you have a desire, says Abraham, it is already broadcast into the Universe, has in fact already manifested for you, and is being held for you in your "vibrational escrow" until you can achieve vibrational alignment with it, at which point, according to the Law of Attraction, it must manifest in your direct experience.

Abraham categorizes all emotions on an "Emotional Guidance Scale" from positive to negative, from #1 at the top of the list, the most positive,"Joy/Knowledge/Empowerment/Freedom/Love/Appreciation, to #22 at the bottom of the list, the most negative, "Fear/Grief/Depression/Despair/Powerlessness. Your "vibrational setpoint" is the point along this spectrum where your emotions tend to reside, on average, over time. Over time, by absorbing these types of teachings and practicing the various exercises they provide, you can raise your vibrational setpoint, and the higher your setpoint, the more quickly and easily you can manifest your desires.

They give specific exercises that you can do when you're feeling badly about a specific subject, that can raise your vibrational energy, which will immediately make you feel better in the now, as well as helping to raise your overall vibrational setpoint over time. These exercises are the "Processes" that have been mentioned earlier on this thread.

Whew, I hope that made at least some sense! :shock: Of course, this is only a fraction of all that Abraham explains (and much better than I can explain it) -- the best way to learn more about all of this is of course to get it directly from Abraham's books, tapes and videos, but as a start, here's one pretty informative website that explains a lot of Abraham's teachings and several of Abraham's processes: http://whatanicewebsite.com/Connee/Lessons.htm . And here's a link from that site to more information on the "17 seconds" discussion above in particular: http://whatanicewebsite.com/Connee/17seconds.htm .

Love and Blessings Everyone LUV2 ,

Debbie/Aqua Deb
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello All!
I've been on vacation! We stayed in Stein Eriksen's Lodge in Park City Utah for 5 days.... it was totally awesome :shock:

Bing, you may want to check out thier menu at the Glitretind Restaurant the food was absolutely fabulous 8)

Well I'm receiving prompts like gang-busters :thumright: My hubby got a wonder-full promotion to a manager!

Well, no way I can catch up on this thread now-a-days :wink:

Warm Hugs :cheers: and Sunshine :sunny: to All !!!!!!!

Love
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello All,
I missed these posts :oops: Sorry dear friends.

Aqualeaf,
Gai and Mo, judging from the great picture and your descriptions, it sounds like you had a truly magical visit! Your money stories are amusing! And prompts non-stop -- that's wonderful!
It really was wonder-full to finally meet Gai. Hopefully, we will all meet one day :cheers:

Sandy,
Hi there Mo. I am afraid I am no help in the "candelooney" department as I'm afraid I have never heard of that before. Same thing has happened to me with the post here too. You don't think anybody has posted and all at once a whole page worth has happened. Of course than you are hopelessly behind. I chuckle as I see Gai has followed through with her threats to send the money back!
It is actually something like cavrones... it means 'little stinker' as near as Gai could translate. Speaking of sending back that money! You can see why her husband calls her a cavrone (spl?) she is one stubborn stinker he! he! But one of the sweetest stinkers I know :albino:

AJ,
Hey Mo and Gai...

That was awesome that you got to spend time together. It is an amazing feeling when two 11'ers collide. I too hope we can all get together some day. I could not even imagine the love and happieness that would be felt from such a meeting. There would be so much energy in that place it would be unreal!!!

Til that day comes!!!! Right!!!!

Can't wait to hear more stories of the two of you together.

When I had met Meghan from New York, the prompts were unreal. We would just point them out to one another and laugh. I think our celestial friends really do love to show off when two of us are together.

Much love you two!
Aren't those prompts amazing :shock: It was non stop! There is no way that a person could miss the message that something very special was happening and that they were celebrating with us.

We took a jeep tour over the back roads of Canyon lands then traveled down the Colorado River past Dead Horse Point, Island in the Sky etc. it was soo beautiful... but alas too short. Next time we will spend more time just talking and relaxing! Hopefully we will meet you one day soon, that would be soo awesome! Meghan is such an amazing person too, we are so blessed to be able to meet up here and eventually meet in person.

I have wondered about the people you've mentioned.... glad to hear that all is well. In my case, I have met so many dear people here, you never out of my heart... regardless of how long til my next post.

With Love and Best Wishes to All LUV2
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello EveryOne, I'm in the library and my hour is up, (I managed to persuade the librarian to let me on another half hour).
Nice to hear from you Mo, we miss your posts, well, I sure do!

AquaDeb, you'll have to change your avvie when you go red! Did you receive my emails?

Bing, I could not find that post anywhere so could you send it again please? Thanks!!

Phil and I have been having serious talks! He's quite depressed here in Wales so we have been seriously talking about moving to France. I'm not entirely happy, but when we approached the kid's with it, they were keen to leave. They wanna be Frenchies again!! Who'm I to bar the way huh? This is quite a time for me. But hey, I'll have a computer!! We shall see!

I hope you are all doing great and that the sun is shining in your neck o' the woods!

Ohh, Ms-Battleaxe-Librarian is on her way over with 'the look!' (She yells you know!! Most embarrassing!!)

LOVE always, Pet XXX
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello everyone,

Petra wrote:
Me too! Mo, you are always in our hearts as well!

Petra,
Well, France could be nice...but I was hoping for Australia! :( Truly I just want all of you to be happy. And that includes you! You deserve to have your feelings taken into consideration as well, don't you think. :?

I thank you Aqua deb for explaining a few tid bits from the Abraham teachings in greater detail. I copied it to send to my dear daughter-in-law who is also reading the Secret right now. We just had a wonderful conversation last night (wee hours of this morning actually) on some of the things you covered. Thanks for the help! So glad you enjoyed your time in Occidental and Sebastopal. Oh I could go for a mug (not just a mere 6 oz.) of that hot cocoa you described. I'm freezing tonight! (What a complainer huh? :oops: )

"Chilly" hugs for all of you!
(sorry that's the best I can do tonight! :lol:)
Love,
Sandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey, "freezy-Feet" said:
but I was hoping for Australia!
Me too! :roll: I can't speak French. Just your usual: "Un grand verre du vin rouge, s'il vous plait?"
Image hehehe!

Checking that Australia site out now!! I am....Image There I go!!
daysee
New Friend

I'm back toooooo!!!

Post by daysee »

Hey everyone, gosh it has been a long time......i I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope its ok here.its great to come back to the board and see familar faces...and feel right at home again....been going through some BIG changes and adjustments in my life.....I thank God for them and all the lessons I learned and still am learning from them,,,,but boy oh boy so much at one time....and the ironic thing about it all is it all started when I started the AC cd......anyway....its good to be back "Home" here with all these good people...!!! :lol: :D :D :D
Love to you all
Daysee
When old things seem to be breaking up...new things are breaking through....
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Daysee,

You to see you around again.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Daysee!!!!!!! :sunflower:

Hello old friend! (Well not old....you know what I mean..I'm sure you have plenty of great years left!) :lol: Gosh I've missed you! Glad you popped on to this whopper of a thread.

I know what you have been through! You inspire me girl! It is truly beautiful. In many ways it took an act of faith on your part for a positive outcome, huh?... and a sort of knowing that God's plan is perfect. I need to remember that. At times I have a tendency to question His designs. (Every Celestial within a hundred mile radius probably just nodded their heads in agreement! :D )

Hey Petra,

I know only one line of French after three years of French class. (I truly didn't pay attention in class) :( But anyway it is the words of a onetime popular song and isn't polite to say in public. :lol:
My moneys on Australia! :bana:

j'aime vous deux
(trying to say I love you both!)
"Freezy-feet"
Last edited by Sandy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hey Petra and Sandy, you two sweeties!
Me too! Mo, you are always in our hearts as well!
Thank you for your loving kindness, it means alot to me LUV2

It is good to see you out and about again Daysee :hithere

Oh and before I forget, Petra I LOVE your avatar picty! You look fabulous 8)

Spreading Love all Around !
Mo'
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Mo!
Oh and before I forget, Petra I LOVE your avatar picty! You look fabulous
She does doesn't she! Very chic! 8)

Hi AquaDeb,
I spoke with my daughter-in-law this morning and she is finding what you wrote very helpful with what she is reading in the Secret right now!
So I am passing along her thanks! (Mine too!)

Love,
Sandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Sandy said:
But anyway it is the words of a onetime popular song and isn't polite to say in public.
Frére Jaques?? :? :lol:

Actually, I remember that song and also remembered those words. Every time I met a French person I said it...like some greeting!! Why couldn't I have said the usual formal, Bon jour, 'Allo", even??
Naaahh! I have to go and say...: "Oh hello! Voulez Vous cooshay avec......!" shuttup ya tart!!
Luckily Phil speaks both languages with no accent, so I didn't even know he was French till 3 days later!!

Pet XXX
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone! :hithere

It's great to connect with all of you once again! I'll keep this post shorter than usual tonight, since it's getting late and I'm tired and kind of spaced out after packing boxes all day!

Mo, nice to hear from you! Your vacation sounds lovely; there is some beautiful country in Utah! I remember visiting Arches several years back, and it was really beautiful!

Pet, I'm still impatiently awaiting the arrival of the henna in the mail, but once I go red, I'll change my "avvie" to reflect that! Yes, I got your emails; all of them are very funny! Thank you, and Bing too, for sharing them! (Sorry, Bing, to hear that you've been having trouble posting on these boards lately!) Pet, I agree with Mo and Sandy, your "avvie" looks great; I keep imagining that you must be dressed in fine riding clothes and riding a horse if we could see a wider-angle shot of the picture! I studied a lot of French many years ago, and could read, write and speak it semi-well at one time, but it's now been many years. As usual, your posts crack me up! Hee-hee, that line you mentioned, I've seen at least one movie in which a male American tourist traveling in France says that to a girl he runs into on the street and she slaps him in the face! :lol:

Well, regarding France, on the bright side, from a gourmet-food standpoint (as we've all been so fond of discussing on this thread!), France could be a pretty interesting place to live! Of course, Australia would be great too!

Sandy("Freezy-Feet), I'm so glad to hear that the Abraham information has been helpful to both you and your daughter-in-law; you're quite welcome! Ron and I are fairly immersed in their teachings at present, watching bits of the DVD's every night before bedtime, then reading two or three pages from their books together right before falling asleep. I also recently happened across an interesting ten-minute video on YouTube of Esther Hicks channeling Abraham at a workshop and explaining, in response to an audience member's question, the whole story of why there are two versions of The Secret, one with them in it, and one where their footage was edited out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFp-iPSPplE

That's right, it's approaching winter in the southern hemisphere, isn't it? Keep warm out there! :sunny:

Daysee, nice to meet you and to have you join us on this thread! :D

Well, I'm tired and it's time to go watch a bit of Abraham, then get some sleep!

I don't know how to make accents on my keyboard, but at any rate, Bonne nuit a tous (Goodnight everyone),

Aqua Deb
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Aqua Deb,

You did sound a little worn out in your last post. I have a feeling you will have more days like that as you near the day you move to a new home.
I hope you take some time out from your busy schedule to relax and soak in some of the natural beauty that is so bountiful in your area of the world.

Yesterday I finally got a chance to look up the UTube URL that you just posted. Thank you so much! I enjoyed the clip you had in mind, as well as the other Abraham-Hicks clips you could reach from the site. The Well being One I found particularly inspiring. I finally realized the best way to watch them though is to let them download first and then replay them. That way I do not have the constant stops and breaks every few seconds.

Are you a red head Yet? I guess I will just have to wait and see when your Avatar changes.

You know what is awful about that song? It gets in your head, and before you know it you are humming and singing it in mixed company!!! Yikes! (Maybe I am just a prude though. At least I haven't been slapped by anybody yet. :wink: )

Love to all of you,
Sandy
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Sandy,

Yes, we seem to have entered into "full transition mode" now, where all of our routines have been disrupted and destabilized enough by the upcoming move that we're no longer really in our old familiar, comfortable day-to-day reality, nor are we yet established in the new situation. :roll :compress: These kinds of life changes, which we seem to have been making frequently in the last few years, serve to keep us ever awake, growing and changing, which is healthy, even though they can also be kind of exhausting at times! :shock: We are checking the newspapers and on-line resources several times a day to look at new places coming up for rent in and around the Sebastopol area. Fortunately, there are several available -- we're going to go back down there again later this week to look at some of them, plus whatever suitable new ones come up in the meantime. I've been packing a little every day, and there are now boxes everywhere around the house. (Gee, it's amazing how much of our stuff we don't use often enough to miss even if it's boxed up a whole month in advance! :lol: ) I think your intuition is correct -- we'll most likely be having more "worn out" days coming up as the move approaches! I should in fact take the time to go sit overlooking the ocean, like I used to do almost daily when we first moved here, but currently haven't done for a couple of weeks. I used to always write in my journal there -- perhaps I'll do that later on today!

As for the red-head progress, the henna just arrived yesterday, and I mixed it with lemon juice and am letting it sit overnight so it will release its dye molecules. :colors: In the meantime, yesterday I bleached my hair up to a lighter reddish brown (or is it now brownish red? :scratch: ), so that it'll be a little lighter to begin with when I henna over it, which I intend to do later today. So even my hair is going through a transition as well! :geek: In fact, I'm so hyped up due to all the ongoing changes that I can't sleep :bounce: (it's going on 5:40am or so here), so I figured I may as well get up early and at least make productive use of the time! Here's a picture, by the way, of my hair in this intermediate state -- I'll wait until I've completed the whole process to change my "avvie":

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Abraham videos on YouTube and found them inspiring! We have several DVDs now of theirs, but I haven't actually watched the other ones that are on YouTube besides that one on the Secret. It sounds like there are a lot of good ones there, and probably footage we haven't seen yet; I'll have to watch them too!

Hee-hee, after all the posts about it, I had that song running through my head yesterday myself, and was humming it yesterday while packing boxes! :lol:

Love and Blessings to All LUV2,
Debbie
AJ

Post by AJ »

Good to hear from you Mo!

I have been pretty busy myself these days and have not been able to spend too much time here.

Just popping in to say hi to everyone and wish you all the best!!!!

Much Love my friends!!!!

:love
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello AJ,

It is always good to see your avie out and about on the thread. I am sending you and your family love on this beautiful Tuesday! :happy (Well in th U.S. anyway...we are just into Wednesday now.)

Hey Aqua Deb,

I have always loved the hair color you are sporting in the new picture on your post! Can't wait to see the red headed Deb though. I just looked at myself today in the mirror (It didn't crack or anything! :lol: ) and I am stunned by the gray that is showing up on a daily basis! Is that normal!!!! Yikes!

You have such a wonderful attitude towards moving and change in general. As one who has never appreciated change in the past I have found that by practicing many of the suggestions on positive thinking from the Secret (Still want to delve deeper someday with the Abraham-Hicks tapes) I am beginning to view changes a little more positively. I feel so good, happy, optomistic even! (Who is this strange woman :lol: )
Well, most of the time anyway...

Have a great time while looking for your new home! I just know you'll find the perfect place!

Hugs for all you guys,
xxxx Sandy oooo
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone :hithere ,

A quick update: I finally "hennarized my bonce" today (as Pet would say :D ), and it came out a bright coppery auburn that I'm pretty happy with! Whew! :cheers: I've updated my avatar to show the new color (it actually is a little brighter than this right now, depending on how the light is shining on it, but it is supposed to continue oxidizing and darkening some in the next four days or so, so it'll be interesting to see how it ultimately ends up :D ).

Well, I haven't got much time at the moment, so I'll write in more detail again later (as usual :lol: ). As always, it's great connecting with all of you! :colors:

Love and Blessings to You All LUV2 ,

AquaDeb
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Aqua Deb,

Oh my, it turned out gorgeous!!!! Your bravery certainly paid off! :thumright:

Love,
Sandy
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Oh Debbie that is such a lovely colour, thats my favourite colour, i usually have my hair in that shade too, you cant get a better red than with Henna, the only problem with Henna is that it fades out too quickly, so get those supplies in :) ....Looking good... :wink: :D

Love Sarah xxx
AJ

Post by AJ »

Thanks Sandy!

I am always lurking but just not always posting!!!!

Much love to you Sis!!!
"Hesitate no longer to become love!" - Our Divine Mother
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello All!

Aqualeaf,
Your hair looks marvelous 8) P'raps it's time that I do something different with my own :D Arches is soo beautiful and mysterious ... of course all of the red rock country really resonates with me :wink: Have you ever visited Muir Woods near San Francisco/Oakland? That is one place that I would truly love to visit.... that and the red wood forests :shock: I have such respect for John Muir and his efforts to save the forests. I agree, change keeps our lives exciting and alive.. I admire your sense of adventure!

Hey AJ!
Sounds like life is humming along quite nicely for you! Serves ya right :wink: How's that sweet wifey of yours doin?

I've recently watched/purchased a new DVD documentary called ONE, it is beautiful and thought provoking!

All Love to You Dear Friends!
Mo'
RebornFalcon
New Friend

Post by RebornFalcon »

hi aqualeaf
i said before that i loved your lovely dark hair BUT i must say this red henna is really rather quite extraordinary!!!!!! love it
sorry my space key is dead
i can't really write much til i get a new one ahhhh
-renee
hello to all
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi.Renee!

I.must.say.that.this.would.take.some.getting.used.to... I.tried.it.just.to.see.what.it.was.like,.and. between.that.and.my.usual.typos.it.would.drive. me.bonkers!!!. :geek: Hang.in.there!

Love,
Sandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Guys, Debs, I do like that colour, it's really shiney too. I've been colouring my hair all the shades under the sun since I turned 14 and now I reckon's the time for a rest don'y ya think? hehehe. It's amazing I still have a head of hair at all! I liked your dark brown locks too.

Aw Renee, that happened to me and I didn't think to use fullstops in between words...next time p'raps?

I hope you're all happy, healthy and being good! Image as am I....sort of! :happy

Love Petra xxx