The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

Hi Bing... :hithere

:roll: Sorry i asked, you are so hilarious.... :lol:

I was gonna ask you were you a chef, you cant have that much enthusiasm for food for no good reason....

Bing:
So as I am explaining these decadent desserts their eyes usually start to get bigger. It is fun to watch the child in them start to come out and take a peek. The "victim" usually says something like "Gee, I'd really like to have a small piece of that ___ cake. This is when I say, in my most gentlemanly and professional fashion, "Well madam let me serve you." and I take their plate and put the biggest slice on it. "Oh Horrors!!! :shock: I can't eat all of that" ( she was secretly looking at it all along) :lol: " What will my friends back at the table think". To which I smilingly reply," Just tell them that I served you."( Who can resist being personally served by a Chef and then say no ) "Besides, you don't have to eat it all. You can always leave some on the plate" as I then add two house chocolates to share with her friends . She then says, with that "little girl" smile, " Yes, you're right, thank you Chef". She then goes back to the table and
...... gorges on it.... :roll: Yeah thats what us women folk are like arent we girls... :) We pick at our food in public, with dainty fingers...when were at home we shovel it in, until weve blocked our wind pipes... :lol: :lol:... my mums the worst she can eat a whole half a sandwich in one bite.... :shock: :lol:

Thanks Bing for those recipes and the funny stories..... :loves

Love Sarah xxx
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

I am hopelessly behind on this thread :shock: I'm not even going to attempt to catch up!

Last night we had scones with strawberry jam and English Clotted Cream!

Pure Heaven :wink:

Hugs and Winks to all of you Positive Folk!
Love
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

re the secret

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Pinecone,
A couple of yrs ago, I read a book called 'Ask and It is Given" by Esther and Jerry Hicks, with our development group. We studied it rather extensively.....and now out comes "The Secret", which was based on their book, It's a pretty good movie, and gives alot of insight into 'The Law of Attraction' because that's what it's all about....

The only problem is, that they really don't take you through the steps that you need to learn, and you can only find that in "Ask and It Is Given', (Well, that of course isn't the only place to learn about the Law of Attraction) One of the ladies in our class just told me the other day, that she came across a book called "Excuse Me - Your Life is Waiting, by Lynn Grabhorn(e) not sure about the (e),,,,anyway, it was the book that made "Ask and It is Given" understandable to her....she said she had a way of driving the points in, whereas Esther (channelling Abraham), just states the facts, and there are lots of them.....

and you can't just read it or see it and expect it to happen, it takes some practice. Just like our AC meditation, it takes practise....

I think the secret has come out in this movie, manner, to open eyes, and hopefully get people to investigate it further, ask around, you might find some like minded people that are delving into it, and it's alot of fun with a group....

love pp
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi all you guys!

PP and Jennifer I am so glad that you guys decided to jump into this thread as well! Pine cone several pages back I think there were some places to download the movie in four parts for free if you think you are interested in seeing it. I would like to get the book sometime. I just gave it to my daughter-in-law just a few weeks ago for her birthday and I was so hoping that she would like it and appreciate it :finger: Come to find out later, it was something she was wanting after listening to a coworker discuss it at work. :D I have heard of the book you mentioned PP, "Excuse Me - Your Life is Waiting, by Lynn Grabhorn. someone else some time ago, I think it was Festivecore, Jemma recommended it to me and just last week I was trying to remember the name of it. So Thank you. :) Oh I wanted to tell you something else. I had a dream a few days ago and you were in it. George and I had this great big old (very old sort of delapidated actually) house out in the country someplace where people dropped in whenever they wanted and meditated or took classes. Many people came and went I did not recognize them, but I did see you in the kitchen making yourself a cup of tea. :D Well that was about it hahaha not hardly worth mentioning huh?

I have to tell you Sarah that I just about fell off my chair laughing so hard when I saw what you wrote our dear friend Bing last night! You too Brenda! Scratch and snif moniter! :lol: Don't worry Bing. You explained your way out of it very nicely...you know distracting us with the names and visions of all those sweets. I think I gained five pounds just reading your post! I just love your enthusiam for life and the happiness you share with all who cross your path. This sort of sums it up for all of us...
"If I was any happier I'd have to be twins".

I know what you mean Mo. You miss a day on this thread sometimes and you are hopelessly behind! I have never had clotted cream before. May I ask what in the world is it?

Aqua Deb thanks for the info on herbs for house smudging. I am learning so much from all you guys! And I am absolutely amazed that you have been jornaling since you were ten years old! That is fantastic and what a gift you will give your granchildren and great grandkids someday! I too kept my measily journals (Just a few years worth) with me on the plane, the really special ones in my carry on and the others in my suitcases or I would still be very depressed over the loss of my books. Not that they are all that exciting. Some days it was no more than a weather report with entries like,..."Well, it is clear and cold today. The dogs were quiet. The clock was loud. I'm getting hungry could use some chow! (See why I don't post in the poetry section! :oops: )
Okay embarassed myself enough for one day.

Love and hugs all around!
Sandy
mrscbvet
Old Friend

Post by mrscbvet »

Sandy said:
And I am absolutely amazed that you have been jornaling since you were ten years old! That is fantastic and what a gift you will give your granchildren and great grandkids someday!
Oh Sandy, you're so right!
Deb, you must keep those journals safe and pass them along when it's time. My mother passed away when I was 8 years old. I barely knew her. I was a kid!!... I knew very little more than mud pies and puppies. Some 30 years later my sister finally showed me a journal/diary that my mother had kept while she was pregnant with me through about my first year of life. It was so awesome to feel like I knew something about her. You definitely must make sure they get passed on to the kids and grandkids.
I gave my journals a "viking funeral" about 10 years ago. It was kind of liberating to let them go. I wrote them for theraputic reasons rather than as an account of my life.
Mo' it's so good to see you around and about!!!
Sarah said:
Yeah thats what us women folk are like arent we girls... Smile We pick at our food in public, with dainty fingers...when were at home we shovel it in, until weve blocked our wind pipes...
Oh MY!!!! YES... and Sarah, thank you for leaving out the part about cramming cookies 2 at a time, eating peanut butter and fluff right out the jars with a spoon, and pulling a chair up to the open refrigerator... HEHEHE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I knew a lady who broke the locks on her husbands briefcase so she could get to his stash of junk food.... WE WILL STOP AT NOTHING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love you guys!!!
Brenda 8)
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Oh Guys...I was about to go to bed as it's late and I got work, but I got hooked into this thread!
Bing said:
Petra I am not surprised that you can sell anything! Like myself, you are a Sagittarian and we just love people. I think the reason that we are so good at sales is that we believe in what we are selling and wish to make people's lives better by informing them of the product
Yeahh, right!! I have come to realise I am good at communicating with folk, but I simply can't flog them that useless rubbish. And I don't! Unless I believe in it...that's different.

Today a lad of 11, or thereabouts came up to my till; it was just him and me. He stood there with no purchases and I looked at him, he looked at me...after a bit he finally asked: "Can I have a £10 Virgin?" (A Mobile phone Virgin top-up).
I did a mock double-take and replied: " A ten pound virgin? Does your mother know about this request? What do you want her for? A sacrifice? Other than that, what do you think this place is? A knocking-shop??"
We stared at each other for about 6 seconds before he laughed his head off and then asked: "Why did they call it Virgin?"
"Ask Mr. Branson!" I told him.
As I gave him his change I laughed out loud suddenly and said: "Good thing you're not with Orange?? Imagine asking me for a ten pound orange??" It was a nice moment, albeit I was doing most of the laughing!!
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hi Sandy!
I know what you mean Mo. You miss a day on this thread sometimes and you are hopelessly behind! I have never had clotted cream before. May I ask what in the world is it?
Well, it reminds me of butter, it is very creamy! I've discovered a gorcery story that has different isles that represent different countries... I'm having fun exploring different foods! Clotted Cream is an English thang.. sounds a bit odd I know but it's yummy :wink: Bing would love it... it promises to make people fat!

I know there is alot of really good stuff in this thread.. I plan to read through it more thoroughly when I have the time :wink:

Hi Brenda!
It is good to talk with you! I'm loving your posts!

Hugs to All you Beautiful People!
Love
Mo'
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Clotted cream is cream thats.... clotted.. :roll: :lol: no, im being silly, its cream that has almost turned into butter.... its easy to make butter, have you tried, just put some double cream in a jar and shake the life out of it... turns to yummy butter, but yes very fatttening, i use olive oil these days for everything....

Okay i best go

Love Sarah xxx
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hi Sarah!
I remember doing that in elementary school. The teacher put cream in a mason jar and then we passed it around to each student and they would shake it up abit... until it turned to butter and then we all had it on home made bread with jam! I think we were learning about the pioneers and how they lived and what they ate..... I was a bit surprised to find it outside of the refrigerated dairy section at the grocery store.

I also bought some "Taylors of Harrogate, Yorkshire Gold Tea" said to be the very best tea, blended in the Yorkshire Dales. Have you ever heard of it? The very mention of Yorkshire and the Dales had me champing at the bit to try it :shock: It has a funny aftertaste me thinks tho :P

Ahh well, it's fun to try new things.

Hugs and a Cupp'a Tea!
Love U
Mo'
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Dear Mo, might I butt in here, that tea is indeed very nice, but in my opinion not as good as Twinings Organic. (Fair trade, of course!!) Image Do you drink black tea with milk?

In our local supermarkt (must stop going there) they stopped selling clotted cream! Initially I was annoyed, until the weight dropped off.
I love the colour of it, all creamy light yellow! Like sun. But it's indeed so sinful!! Take it away!! I've used Greek yoghurt on my scones but it's not the same.

Talking of food, I must go replenish my fat reserves! hehe

Pet XXX
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Yeah you are right Mo, Yorkshire tea does leave a bitter taste in your mouth, my sister loves it, im not so fond.... I prefer PG tips... :lol: I bet you drink that tea in the States, i cant remember the name, but it is in a yellow box... sorry im making no sense... Ive never tried Twinings Pet, i must try.... i like to drink tea with cardoman, ginger and cinnamon in it, you know Indian tea, very relaxing... but it only tastes nice with lots of sugar and i dont really take sugar in drinks...

Love Sarah xxx
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

i like to drink tea with cardoman, ginger and cinnamon in it, you know Indian tea, very relaxing..
...until you go and put all that sugar in it!! Is it white by any chance? Even better!! NOT! :lol:
I pick leaves from the garden and drink that! Very relaxing too...sage, nettle (put on gloves) lemon balm, lavander, rosemary, rosehip, marjoram, hawthorn leaves and blossom, peppermint, spearmint, a grassy thing which smelled nice, some pink flowers from a bush, dandelion leaf and root and two bags of green tea...Phew!! Potent! 100 years ago I'd have been dunked in the Teifi!!
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello All!

Hi Petra!
Your welcome to butt in any time :wink: I'll have to check out the Twinings one... fair trade excellent choice! We have that here me thinks... the Bigelow brand is quite nice too. Yes, I like black tea with milk... but I don't like herbal teas with milk :P Your garden tea sounds like one serious concoction :shock: I'm sure it's good for whatever ails ya :D

Sarah,
My husbands all time fav is Constant Comment by Bigelow it has orange, cinnamon, and cardoman... it is very good and requires no sweetener. PG tips... I don't think we have that here. The Indian Tea sounds yum!

The clotted cream is to die for... literally :lol: I don't think I'll make it a daily thing :wink: My husband and son teased me mercilessly over the name.. I was relieved to find that it tasted soo good.. then I teased them and told them.. they couldn't have any :lol:

Here's to Scones, Tea and Good Company!
Love
Mo'
peacockplume

Tea, Food, and anything fattening it seems

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Girls,
Took me a couple of days to reply here, geez doesn't it irritate you when LIFE intervenes, although sometimes it's a deserved break from the puter...

Thanks Pet for the garden assortment for tea, I have everything you mentioned, although I wouldn't have thought of the Hawthorn addition, and there's lots of that around, but just to go out and pick it has a much nicer vibration to it than going to the store and buying it.... the ones I do buy here are Celestial Seasonings, no additives, lovely organics, I usually get 4 or 5 boxes of different ones and make a huge brown betty, with a nice mixture of each of them.....especially the medicinal ones for bronchitis, they need additions...

Even the Indian "Chi" tea, once you have the ingredients, if you make it the Indian way, it's even better.....

Traditionally, in India, you take the milk from the cow and put it in a pot and bring it to a boil (for obvious reasons hey, nothing pasturized or homogenized over there),,,
so, boil milk, then just let it slowly simmer while you add your black tea, as it steeps, you see the colour change to a very lovely creamy brown, then keep adding your other ingrediets, like, cardoman, ginger, cinnamon, maybe even a splash of mace/nutmeg, sometimes I even throw in a pinch of garam masala, not necessary as it contains most of the above ingredients, but for a spash of romance, grind up abit of star anise....
for sweetner, I use honey, or stevia, I think they used a kind of brown sugar....

Clotted Cream!!!! two seconds on the lips,,,,ten yrs on the hips.....

Hey Sandy, I saw myself in that kitchen....real comfy feeling....

Remember Bing talking about POUTINE, well, I'm about to go make it...
mmmmmmmm....
talk later gals...
pp
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello everyone,

All this talk of tea is making me thirsty. My sister used to love Constant comment tea too, Mo. I'll have to look for the bigelow brand here. I know you can find twinnings. I love Celestial Seasoning tea too PP. I think I got it initially because I couldn't resist the beautiful packaging. I found a box of it in the grocery store just a couple wekks ago and snatched it right up! There was just one box on the shelf, Sleepytime it is called and it has the cutest picture of a little bear snoozing in a rocking chair before a roaring fire. (I have always been a sucker for attractive packaging.) or for that matter free things included in the box. I think healthy cereal should follow the kiddie cereal example and put free items in their boxes as well. You know costume jewlry or a chocolate bar, flower seeds or something...

I am going to make some of that Indian Chi tea PP. Thanks for the recipe. I have most of the ingredients except the cardamon and the star anise.

Well I'm off to make some vegetable soup for supper tonight. Hope everyone's well and happy today or tonight, which ever it may be.

Love to all of you.
Sandy
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Awe its no good without the cardoman Sandy, thats the main ingredient, i drink it the African way, they dont use alot of milk, they boil water with a splash of milk in a pan with all the spices (ginger, cardoman and cinnamon sticks), and sugar for some reason you have to boil the sugar ??, not the tea yet, boil for ages until the water is fragranced then add the tea bags, :lol: im common, i use tea bags.. :roll: :lol: It has to be served piping hot... my favourite tea.... Or you can cheat and buy the fragranced tea bags from the shop like i do lately..... :)

Take care, im off to cook some meat balls now in a ratatoulle (spelt wrong) sauce, but my meat balls usually break up and we end up eating spagetti bolognaise ... :? :)

Love Sarah xxx
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Sarah!

Looks like the Indian tea will have to wait until Wednesday when we hope to do our shopping. We are down to some funny combinations for meals as I stretch out the week. Tonight I made a very strange but surprisingly somewhat tasty soup. (If you use your imagination :wink: ) I was gonna make vegetable soup but frankly did not have enough fresh vegetables on hand so I used some leftover cabbage and some frozen mixed vegetables, chopped onion and lots of sliced mushrooms, a package of ramein noodles and a pkg of cream of chicken soup mix along with a half a can of Coconut cream, some hot curry powder, salt, pepper, parsley and chives. Probably not the healthiest of suppers, but it filled us up. On the other hand, your meatballs and ratatoulle sauce (I like that spelling myself..wouldn't know the proper spelling anyway! :lol: ) sound delicious! I am always oowhing and aawhing over Petra's meaty dishes...it is hard to believe that I am a vegetarian. Not a very good one after that cream of chicken addition to that soup previously mentioned. Oh well, what is the worst that could happen anyway! :shaking:
Meatballs Ratatouulle or spaghetti bolognaise, either one is a win /win meal in my book! Are your girls easy to please? My boys would eat just about anything I would fix, give or take a few odd vegetables here and there which made it pretty easy for me. Gee all this food talk is making me hungry all over again and it is the middle of the night!

Love,
Sandy
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Hi Sandy...

No... :cry: ... Dinner was a disaster... :? For some reason, my cooking has taken a turn for the worst lately, the ratatooeey thingy was lovely but it doesnt go well with meatballs does it.. :roll: :lol: My girls insisted that i made gravy for the meat balls, and some mash potatoes... so i slaved over the cooker for nothing... never mind i can eat the ratatooi my self, like you i dont eat meat very often, i used to be a veggie, but eat a little meat rarely.

Your vegetable soup sounds delicious. When im short of money i live off canned tuna, its amazing what you can do with a tin of tuna, so many concoctions, much tastier than meat.

I didnt know that you had children Sandy, do they live with you in Australia or the US... being nosey.. :)

With love

Sarah xxx
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

PeacockPlume said:
Clotted Cream!!!! two seconds on the lips,,,,ten yrs on the hips.....
:lol: :lol: yeah but who cares unless you're very self-conscious!! Scoff yerselves silly on it, indulge now and then with whatever you love, right??? Or are we just a bunch of stick-like wimps? I love my shape!
Mo wrote:
Your garden tea sounds like one serious concoction
I didn't plant a thing except a rosemary plant and some lettuces! You shoulda seen the garden when we moved in!! Straight out of Home & Country. I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but hey... within 2 years it looked more like straight out of National Geographic! Some forsety Tundra, with a multitude of wild flowers and weeds!! Then Phil's parents came to visit and sorted it out. Horticulturists, so they know what they're doing!! It looks splendid today, just needs mowing!
But I can recognise a weed from a rose bush at least!!

PP said:
although I wouldn't have thought of the Hawthorn addition,
Hawthorn is especially good for the heart, joints and concerntration, but especially the heart!! I used to love it when I was preggers for some reason. But the mere whiff of it now makes me run away!! Still, I use it in me pot!!

Sarah said:
i drink it the African way,
When Phil lived in Kenya, he told me the only time he enjoyed any tea was when the Kenyans made one for him!! He made it just the way they used to make it for me once and it tasted.....strange! But pretty good, but Phil complained that he hadn't quite got the technique right! I guessed it was because the environment was all wrong! If we were in the Serengeti, with lions on the horizon, wilderbeese cavorting about and the odd...deer-looking creatures with the funny horns, the tea might have tasted muuuuch better!! :lol:

Sandy said:
I am always oowhing and aawhing over Petra's meaty dishes...it is hard to believe that I am a vegetarian.
Yeah, and I'm doing exactly the same over your vegetarian dishes! What d'ya think I was scoffing while Phil and the kid's were away??? Spinach and legumes, that's what!!!
{Shh, but I have to be honest and say, soon as I made brekkie the next morn, it was bacon, sausage, chops and I almost cooked up some kidneys, but I gave 'em to the cats and dog instead!!} Salivating over the aromas, I piled the largest portion on my plate and after two bites, pushed away the plate and mentally pictured stir-fried greens and creamed spinach!! :oops:

Petra xxx
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Sandy, Sarah, Mo and Pet
Ha!!! quite the culinary group we have here... You are totally right Sarah, wouldn't be Chi without cardoman, so make sure it's on the top of your list Sandy...Sleepytime is one that's always in my cupboard...I don't like the straight chamomille....gotta doctor up that stuff....

Ok, hope this doesn't gross out the vegetarians, has anyone had kidney??

It is not on my food list, but we bought a home raised cow last year, It came wrapped and frozen, and just went into the freezer, LOTS of hamburger, and all the usual good steaks, but there were these packages of organ meats, and I'm saying, oh gross!!! to my husband, if you want to eat this stuff,, you're cooking it....

I had a friend (meat eater) over last week, and was digging around in the freezer and said do you like kidney??? thinking "oh good" I can make this for her and hubby, and get rid of some....so one thing let to another and we found a Kidney Stew recipe (that I changed, of course), but you cut up the kidney (friend had to do it, not me handling that stuff), put water on it and cook it an hr, (oh I just can't describe the next bit, it was gross), however, lets say that you end up with strained juice and the kidney pieces.....then the fun began....well, I don't have this, so I'll add this, etc,
I ended up with onion, tomatoes, chick peas and kidney beans, it almost turned into a soup, so I added some potatoes, plus whatever seasonings I could lay my hands on,,,,,so definitely to taste...

well, shiver me timbers but they both liked it. (and I have to admit, I tasted the juice and thought it was ok) So when hubby made up his night work meal, there was still stuff left over, so I got out a marg container and put the rest in it and sent it home with my friend....she was really happy.....now I just have to figure out what to do with the "LIVER" so if there's any comfort Liver recipies out there,,,,,help!!!

I had Greek Salad,,,,traditionally Greek, tomatoes, cucs, onion and FETA cheese,,,, olives optional,,,,but I'm always stuffed afterwards, so I don't miss the meat meals at all....

Oh yes, gotta say, we had POUTINE last night,,,,,hmmm mmm mmm!!

Beautiful sunny day, for a change,,,,gotta run.
love ya all.
pp
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

You just reminded me Petra, i remember some time ago, i had some visitors from Ethiopia, extended family... They bought me a gift of camels meat.... :? A jar of coffee with cardamon, and a jar of mixed spice that you cook with meat dishes, called i think berbere sauce, cant remember the name. They asked me to put the coffee on for them, so i boiled it in a pan, and served to all the guests, little did i know that i had served them all boiled meat spice mix, rather than coffee... so embarrasing, they drank it though... :lol:

Love Sarah xxx
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Dear PP, I like kidney, don't get me wrong there hun!! I'm not even squeamish about preparing offal. I've eaten trotters and brains...heck, go to a fancy French restaurant and you can eat anything you like and it's delectable!
JUST ENSURE THAT THE MEAT YOU EAT WAS ETHICALLY REARED!! If you have to eat meat that is! Which I do!

K, lightly douse your livers in cornflour, chop a large onion and fry in a large pan, add a bit more fat/oil/butter, (I prefer goose/pork fat) add the floured livers and lightly fry till sealed. (About 10 mins at the most) Add a tin or two (depending how many are eating this) of chopped tomatoes and stir gently. Add salt, pepper, pinch of cumin, and half teaspoon of sugar. Gently cook for no more than 20-25 mins, serve with any carbo's you fancy and make sure you add a blob of sour cream (or plain cream) to the livers before serving! A small of fresh baked onion bread wouldn't go amiss either! (Ooops, I forgot, 3 cloves of garlic to the liver whilst gently frying!!)
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Dear PP, I like kidney, don't get me wrong there hun!! I'm not even squeamish about preparing offal. I've eaten trotters and brains...heck, go to a fancy French restaurant and you can eat anything you like and it's delectable!
JUST ENSURE THAT THE MEAT YOU EAT WAS ETHICALLY REARED!! If you have to eat meat that is! Which I do!

K, lightly douse your livers in cornflour, chop a large onion and fry in a large pan, add a bit more fat/oil/butter, (I prefer goose/pork fat) add the floured livers and lightly fry till sealed. (About 10 mins at the most) Add a tin or two (depending how many are eating this) of chopped tomatoes and stir gently. Add salt, pepper, pinch of cumin, and half teaspoon of sugar. Gently cook for no more than 20-25 mins, serve with any carbo's you fancy and make sure you add a blob of sour cream (or plain cream) to the livers before serving! A small loaf of fresh baked onion bread wouldn't go amiss either! (Ooops, I forgot, 3 cloves of garlic to the liver whilst gently frying!!)
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

K, lightly douse your livers in cornflour, chop a large onion and fry in a large pan, add a bit more fat/oil/butter, (I prefer goose/pork fat) add the floured livers and lightly fry till sealed. (About 10 mins at the most) Add a tin or two (depending how many are eating this) of chopped tomatoes and stir gently. Add salt, pepper, pinch of cumin, and half teaspoon of sugar. Gently cook for no more than 20-25 mins, serve with any carbo's you fancy and make sure you add a blob of sour cream (or plain cream) to the livers before serving! A small loaf of fresh baked onion bread wouldn't go amiss either! (Ooops, I forgot, 3 cloves of garlic to the liver whilst gently frying!!)
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »