The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
sammy
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by sammy »

WOW T!!! Busy month! House, dog AND job! Sounds like you'll have your hands full!

So good to see you again!

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello T!!!!! Good to see you lady and to catch up a little bit. Wow, you have been busy... but with so many good happenings in your life.

I feel like with your attitude and patience you have nothing to worry about where the job is concerned. You are learning and adapting and gaining experience that will continue to expand and bloosom as the weeks, months and years progress.
I couldn't be happier for you and seeing you posting is like an early christmas present for me... :santa:
We love you, sweetie,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Family

Re: The Secret - Happy New Year!

Post by 555 »

Hello Friends,

Happy New Year.

I have also being away. I am getting in touch I little with my Brazilian Friendas, as I have found several old friends on Facebook. But I am always thinking of you all my loved friends. In fact, I have some news. I am moving out from the place I live now. The landlady had foreclosure e now she received 90 days notice to vacate the house. I am grateful to her for having sheltered me when I most needed. But, it appeared an oportunidade to roomate with a friend and I am taking it. I cannot just let for the last minute to find some place. I would like to go with her where she goes, but my income right now is little, probably not enough to share a full rent with her. So, this friend invited me and I am moving to her apartmente this January 6th. However, it seems I wont' be actually living there for a while, for my son invited me to be in his house for 2 months while his wife will be away, in Philippines, for work reasons. I, sure, accepted, as this give me the opportunity to be closer to him and my grandson... for a while, at least, and the opportunity to help him...
Today, after so much posponing, I must start packing! I am still kind of lazy for that, but I must start today, the last day of the year, so I don't enter the New Year with this lazy feeling!
I am kind without much inspiration these past month. I am, however, writting some articles on Christian theology for my blog, in Portuguese, mostly to promote my online school on Christian theology. It has been good revisiting old themes and put them in perspective with what now I believe. Sure, on this blog, there is no mention of my Urantia beliefs, as it could scare some people out. But I do post some Urantia stuff in my Facebook page, so they know that I believe in it. Recently, I posted an article on the Mind and another on the Personality according the Urantia Book. I didn't have any likes or comments, but also, at least, nobody rised on the oposition. I tried to use some biblical stuff to support some urantia points... which not always is a good combination... but, well, I tried. I have another, on the Soul, in the making... Christian theology is so vague about the soul... That is going to be ineteresting...
Ok, my friends, I think that for now is all.
Again, have you all a very, very Happy New Year.
T, good see you posting again. We've missed you!
Love,
Jose.
When you run away from God, just realize that God runs right there with you.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Happy New Year Jose and all of you dear friends,
I am thankful that new home options are there for you Jose as you prepare to make this change. You have just the very best attitude, so trusting and full of faith as changes happen all around you. I will keep trying as I watch you an others weather changes in their life to follow your example and be more trusting and faith-filled, myself. Your words of late have helped me as I contemplate an upcoming temporary change in abode for a few months. Some day I hope to embrace change and look upon it with excitement. I'm working towards that anyway.

It sounds as if you are a fabulous bridge builder between these two differing schools of spiritual and religious thought. I believe bridge building is essentially building the scaffolding of what is to come in the future as peace, love, caring for each other and our world and the celebrating of human victories of spirit which propel us always closer to Divine understanding... our birth right.
It is an honour and a pleasure to know you and call you my friend, Jose. All of you are priceless. I guess we all are perhaps in God's eyes, anyway. and can we ever ask for anything more? :sunflower:
Love and hugs everybody as I contemplate this New Year of possibilities. :loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Family

Post by 555 »

Hello Friends,
I hope you all are doing fine. As some of you know, I am at my Son's, while his wife is in Philippines for work. It has been a wonderful time, since I get to enjoy my son's and grandson's company in a daily basis. It will be only for two months, but I am thankful for this opportunity.

Work is still little, but, I am sure that soon I will be blessed with some more work... things are projected already, they just have to become reality, and they will!

It seems that I will be also busy writing some stuff for my Christian blogs, both in Portuguese and English.

I have made a new post in English (bad English) that I would like to share with you all.

http://itseminary.wordpress.com/2%200%2 ... -atheists/

Please tell me if I was too harsh on my brothers and sisters atheists... I can always edit those blogs...

As I said it before, I don't have any live contact with anybody I can share my urantia views. So, recently I got to restore my contact with old friends from Brazil, through Facebook, but I can't simply throw on them the Urantia Book teachings... They would block me right the away! So, I figured out that I could write on theological Christian themes and throw in the midst of them some urantia principles, when convenient... And sometimes,I do make some posts directly from the Urantia Book... and they just have to deal with it. On Facebook, people is free to publish what they love, so I do the same...

I have two other English blogs. One in which I report how I am feeling in that particular day, and other where I share things I have learned by experience, usually by try and error, so others can know the stones' way.

Things I have learned:
http://experiencetips.wordpress.com/2%2 ... g-ftp-app/

How I Am Feeling Today:
http://its.zzn.com/zlog/writeblog.asp?U ... tID=121455

If I broke any of this board rules by posting these links, please let me know in a private message... Anyway, these last two are one time mention.

Love,

Jose
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Secret pals,

I hope the New Year isn't coming in toooooo fiercely....I "thought" we might actually miss snow on the Island this year, we've done so good with no snow through November, December and the first half of January, with NO snow.....so that's not bad at all. so here we are with about 8 inches but it's supposed to be raining by Friday...(not unless the temp goes up) and if it does, we'll have the slush to deal with. Not really sure what I like the most, the cold and beautiful snow and having it for a couple of months, or just enough to see the beautiful purity blanket that gently covers everything, and it's gone ....sometimes within hours....but that's when it gets slushy. If rain is in our forecast we'll at least have had the beauty that snow brings for a few days.

We're still showing the house and property every weekend, and through December there's been activity, every weekend, someone just called for an appt to see it on Friday, sure hope they bring their boots...

Jose, it's wonderful that you can spend some time with family, especially through this time of year.

love and blessings, pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Family

Re: The Secret - All is well... and quite quietly!

Post by 555 »

Hello my quiet friends,

How are you all doing? I hope well, because our God takes care of us always.

I see that probably nobody is posting here because there are so many people in the other threads with urgent need, as I saw today, a post on Miscellaneous about "Spiritual Rape". I have heard about this kind of thing once or twice (but when I used to hold different views about the spiritual world), and Geoff, mentioned something about incubus. But really, I don't know what to think about. I believe that the spiritual beings that are around us are good to us and wouldn't inflict such a thing to human beings. To me, only can be some phenomenon of psicological order, some psicossomatic thing... But I really don't know. That is why I didn't reply to the post, but I hope that some of you with more experience in this area, can offer some help to that person.

Well, as for me, I am good, always grateful to the Father and our Creator Son for the blessings he has given to me. I think I am being kept on a short leash though, so I don't get spoiled... It's ok, I know that everything is contributing for my own good and nothing, absolutely nothing can cause me permanent damage, as long as I continue loving and depending on our Father, as I do.

I continue being here, at my Son's, helping them with which I can -- a pleasure to me. Other day he actually complimentedc me about my cooking. This is really impressive, considering that he, as a typical Brazilian, doesn't give away underserved compliments...

I continue also busy with my blogs and facebook. My last article can be reach in the link below, if you have any interest. It is about "Three Sources of Satisfaction in Life"
http://itseminary.wordpress.com/2012/01 ... n-in-life/

Give me your feedback, specially if you see something in which it can be improved, and certainly it can and much!

I wish you all an excellent new week!

Love,

Jose
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by theunim »

Hello everyone!

Finally got my desktop computer set up today, mostly at the insistence of my husband, and a little from my own motivations. We finished the home office painting earlier in the week. With the help of a friend I moved both assembled and unassembled furniture in while Bert was away on a business trip, then when he was back, he set up his new desk. Not all the books are up yet, especially since one of the bookcases may move to the adjacent room, to create both a library and a guest bedroom in that space. I am tempted to bring all of the books in but I have been particular in fixing them according to what kind of genre they fit, what topics they have in common. I suppose deep inside, I like to pretend I'm a librarian. ;)

Jose, I look forward to reading your blog! I am also glad to see that you have time to spend with your son and grandson at this point in time. I think it is good to spend time with family, as much as possible. One just never knows when there's no more time left to be with our loved ones. I miss my parents and my brother, who are back in NYC. For a short time, my father and brother were making plans to come to CA where me and Bert are, but then last minute my father changed his mind and my brother wouldn't have been able to make it out here anyway because of college classes.

PP, your writing of snow made me miss having "real" winter weather. Since we're in the desert, our encounters of snow in this very area are rare and this winter has been very warm. The temperatures seem to come no lower than 30ºF at night and no lower than 60ºF during the day, because most of our days have definitely been those temperatures. Reading of how snow makes beauty makes me miss it, too.

Has there been any luck with offers on your property, PP? I do hope that these next few weeks are going to yield some results for you.

Everyone, have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

With Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Secret - All is well... and quite quietly!

Post by LurkerAbyss »

555 wrote:I see that probably nobody is posting here because there are so many people in the other threads with urgent need, as I saw today, a post on Miscellaneous about "Spiritual Rape". I have heard about this kind of thing once or twice (but when I used to hold different views about the spiritual world), and Geoff, mentioned something about incubus. But really, I don't know what to think about. I believe that the spiritual beings that are around us are good to us and wouldn't inflict such a thing to human beings. To me, only can be some phenomenon of psicological order, some psicossomatic thing... But I really don't know. That is why I didn't reply to the post, but I hope that some of you with more experience in this area, can offer some help to that person.
Hey Jose

The bold is also my personal hunch, but like you said as well, I do not really know. I understand that people's minds and experiences are very personal and fragile, and I do not ever intend to shut them down or cast disbelief on them, but I am also a strong believer in the power of consciousness and the intricate, complicated relationship between mind and matter.

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello family, :hithere

I hope to have more time this week to read and enjoy the essays written on your Theology Blog, Jose. It has been a busy time with little time to think deeply these past couple weeks. I truly did not want to skim your work but instead allow the thought processes and spiritual resonance to combine, leading in directions often unforeseen.

Like "T", I would gladly take some of your snow, PP. Isn't it funny how the "grass" is always greener on the other side. :mrgreen: Still the photos Robert posted...I believe it was a URL in Misc...helps. I have never seen such exquisite snow photos... with a little imagination we can still enjoy a romp in the snow, eh? :roll
I'm so sorry the visit from your Dad and brother have been delayed. I am sure it was something you were looking forward to. Hopefully before another year goes by they will be able to make it over to your warm and scenically different area of the world.

Okay better keep this short. Lots going on today and my daughter-in -law who seems to be the strongest and healthiest expectant mother I have ever seen may need a little help reorganizing some bits and pieces. Less then two weeks till the due date! :bana:
:loves
(((((((((HUGS))))))))
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere

ok, yay! I finally made it,,and it feels like - amazingly- like I have nothing else to do...HA HA HA!!! ok,,,lets just say today, this is the top of the list, :mrgreen:

We've just shown the house for the second time today, and once yesterday.....and the people from last Nov, are still really interested, they are waiting for their house to sell,
actually, every weekend we have had 2 - 3 couples viewing....perhaps lookie lou-ing, might be a better description, but their is interest...if anyone wants to take a boo, go to www.fsbo-homeon10acres.ilandwyte.com or click on my web site link under my picture.

Strange as it is,,,,this year is the ONLY year that I didn't take a snow picture...not a one! We went next door to an outdoor bbq in the snow though, and it was a gorgeous night. Our Island snow this year, was one week only...it was a wicked little storm,,,we got about 16 inches,,,and it was gone by the end of the week.....I have to say I am very grateful it was a short winter.....we have almost run out of firewood and Allan isn't in a mood to go find wood ready to cut up, and I'm in no mood to buy any,,,$300 for 2 cords.....hydro is cheaper than that!!!

and for us....spring is,,just around the corner.....after 'really' paying attention to weather off the Island this year, we have decided to keep roots on the Island, a place to hang our hats so to speak, between journeys. Probably just a nice small mobile in a trailer park would do just fine....people around while we're away....no snow to shovel, hahahahahahahaha....cuz you can go anywhere to enjoy the snow!!!, but my snowshoeing days are over,,,and yes,,,we do have snow shoes!!! we'll leave them with the house!!!

So I'm almost on to my last pre-packing...I brought up boxes and a huge roll of paper to pack away the rest of the china cabinets...just haven't put forth much effort to it.

I still can't really carry any weight but the 'pain' is changing for the better (on the sacrum area) so that's a good thing...I pack...Allan carries.

Sandy.....you're expecting !!!!! (a grandchild of course)...yahooooo, yay,,,and hip hip hooray!!! awesome....aren't you the lucky one....blessings, blessings!!!

Miss T, glad to hear you're getting settled....I enjoyed my husbands military career,,,,and I kind of miss the 'family',,,however, when we get travelling, we plan to go see the ones that we've kept in touch with, over all these years...and did you say you had a really warm winter so far??? hmmm I be looking for warm places to go in the winter, I hope I'll have the opportunity to pop by....I just want to get going.....

the time of year it is now though, means that if we can order the RV by the end of Feb...it will be ready for spring travel....which will be alot better than trying to drive it across N.Dakota et all from Iowa....spring be a good time!!!

well,,,now I'm stumped for talk,,,,no news is good news ?????? and time to tackle the rest of the list...

talk to y'all later on...

love and blessings pp :loves
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good morning!

Just saying hello as I wander around the message board and this overly quiet house. (My son and daughter-in-law are off to work for the day and I am keeping house along with two snoozing kitties. Yes, is very peaceful here today. :happy

I just wanted to tell Jose that I enjoyed his latest essay on happiness and will give it more thought in stillness in a little while. I wonder sometimes if happiness isn't sitting right there before us, unnoticed because our minds are either residing in the past or the future. :)

PP you sound perky and happy and that lifts me as well. I am wondering though if winter may have a little more umph yet...but perhaps in gorgeous Vancouver Island it is usually short lived. Here on the border of the plains states, sometimes February produces the heaviest snows. I am hoping for at least one more so I too can experience all the fun of shoveling snow and walking as if on a tightrope to keep ones balance. :shock: :lol: I guess I am one of those children that never grew up and enjoy the sledding, snowman building, and yes even snow shoveling (better than a day at the gym) then most my age. Well here's to the young at heart may our bones withstand our "flights of fancy! :mrgreen:

Love you all, :kiss:
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Sandy,

you can keep your last little umph of winter, right there where you are...I think of Allan shovelling our driveway, then a 1,000 sq foot deck....that's a recipe for laying a person up for awhile.. :mrgreen: not mentioning the 'walk of balance' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well here's to the young at heart may our bones withstand our "flights of fancy!
oh thank goodness you said that,,,I 'almost thought you were serious.. :shock:

we've had a slow and steady rain,,with moments of grey skies a bit more rain this week, then SUN, SUN, SUN. I just may venture out to count the spring flowers coming up,,snowdrops and the like....

Those buyers who oooed and awed about our place decided we didn't have enough rooms....oh well.....but the first buyers (whose sale on their place fell through) have contacted us again....so we're in the process of flying ideas back and forth.... :finger:

Allan has just driven up the driveway,,back from town, with milk and a brownie mix...oh dear, did I say mix :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

talk later...

pp xoxoxo :loves
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey PP, Yes, I can't blame you in the least for enjoying this warmish and nearly snow less winter... not with a driveway like the two of you must negotiate. I forget how tricky even the slightest dips and elevations can make driving nearly impossible at slow speeds on slippery surfaces.

It is sunny and cool here today too. I haven't ventured out yet.... have this silly fear that if I do I will manage to lock myself out since I have no key to my children's home while they are away at work. It may not be cold but I do not relish sitting outside for the several hours till they return.

I hope this couple can find a way to sale their own home and purchase your place. I suspect it would be in good hands with them. :sunflower:

Hope "Springs" eternal, eh? :flower:

Love,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Sandy,

Already that week of snow is waaaay in the past.. :mrgreen: it was raining pretty steady this morning for awhile but we have a nice clearing coming and some sunny days ahead..

I did want to comment though on something you said earlier,, dang, I can't find it....but it had something to do with living in the here and now...

well, best I don't say what I'm thinking.....cuz I know you already know it... :mrgreen:

sorry,,,gotta go...

pp :loves
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi PP,
I chuckled when I read this...
I did want to comment though on something you said earlier,, dang, I can't find it....but it had something to do with living in the here and now...

well, best I don't say what I'm thinking.....cuz I know you already know it... :mrgreen:
I know it but need much work in the practicing of it. :mrgreen: Oh well, practice makes perfect, eh? :roll
(((HUGS)))
Sandy
:flower:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

hey Sandy,,,

and don't we all and all of the time... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

loves, pp :loves
Daily Affirmation:
Family

Re: The Secret - Send some good energies

Post by 555 »

Send some good energies! I am need them... I need more work...
Thanks, my friends,

Love,

Jose.
sammy

Post by sammy »

On the way my friend!

I said a little prayer and a smile came to my face...a knowing...that just the right job...a job where you will be of perfect help is being orchestrated.

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi there Jose,,,,

I hope something comes your way soon

Blessings, pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dear family,
I just wanted to apologize for being absent so much the past weeks. I have been quite busy helping my children with the ravenous new addition to our family. I would love to go into all the wonderful details of my experience with my 3 week old grandson, Eli, but unfortunately,y tonight, I have some pressing news. George has been rushed to the hospital earlier today in critical condition. As you all may know, he had been hospitalized the week before last with heart related problems (rythym problems) He had been doing so well and even got an email a earlier in the day saying he was feeling fair but it was hot down there in OZ. The doctors think it is possible it is a drug reaction problem but they will not know more until some tests are run.
Please pray for him ..for his welfare, peace and comfort. I need you all so much right now. :kiss:
(((((((HUGS)))))))
Sandy
Family

Re: The Secret - George

Post by 555 »

Yes, Sandy he certainly will be in our prayers and always in our hearts, wrapped wiith much love.
We also pray for you, so you also have peace in Him. We love a God of perfect love, so we trust in Him for all we need.
Be in peace, my sister,

Love,

Jose.
Family

Re: The Secret - Gratitude

Post by 555 »

My loved friends,

Thank you for your prayers about my need of work, earlier. What happened was that my current client's daughter came to visit him and they wouldn't need me but one day a week, at least for this week and next. But my God came in my succur and my boss gave me more work for the weekend that will be enough to cover my rent and internet bill, my only bills right now, besides my meds. I am so glad! I prayed, you prayed and He listened. I am set for this month, please thank Him with me. God is so good and I am so happy that I know Him the way I know him -- my Provider!

Thank you, my friend, for your good energies!

Get well wishes to George!

Love,

Jose.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hello Jose,,,,so good to hear your prayers were answered,,,,and everything is set for a month..

Sandy dearest,

Just remember we are aLL WITH YOU...every minute of every day...I'm keeping you both in my heart, and praying for a good healing for George...

Perhaps this will be the wake up call for George to 'slow down'
Bless His Heart and yours too,,

blessings pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello dear friends,
Jose, I am so happy to hear how brilliantly go answered your prayers. Your faith is and has always been an inspiration to me.
...and PP to know that you all are with us helps me to find that peaceful place within. :kiss: Thank you both! :kiss:
Love,
Sandy