The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by Sandy »

Okay I am a little hungry right now so this will most likely be all about food! And Pet, I must say, you certainly know how to make a person's mouth water. Yum!!! Homemade potato crisps! How do you cook them in a skillet in oil or a pot? Do they need to be covered in oil or do you flip them? Honestly, I have never done this before. Well I've made potato French fries but not from scratch.

You know, I think I've seen something like those digestive biscuits on the store shelf here. I especially liked the looks of the chocolate coated ones in that URL you posted... :mrgreen:
They sound like they might actually be a little good for you unlike the cookies and biscuits I generally make. It is raining here today and you know what that means...I am fighting a desire to bake something sweet. :roll:

Sammy you nailed it!
Was it little shop of horrors?
Yes that was it! :bana: :bana: Thank you! The alien plant costume they used was amazing. It had actually been made for the production of this musical at some college in Pittsburgh (I think) and they either loan it or rent it to schools and production companies who are doing this play. The woman I worked with... her daughter was the plant! She did a great job too!
I loved it when the plants are supposedly taking over the planet. Kids hidden in the darkened balcony dropped artificial vines and plants (nothing heavy)on the unsuspecting audience. Some people were startled and couldn't help but shriek and so it added to the fun. :flower:

I am relieved to hear that Thalia is looking forward to school in Lycee. You know I think the same thing happens for some of the bush kids in Australia. They need to go to a boarding school to complete their education as the kids are scattered so much in their areas.
Do the parents get any help with the expense of boarding their children in this kind of situation? Gee, I was just the opposite. My parents had to pry me out of their house. :lol: They still do when I go back for a visit. :oops: Some things never change. :roll:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere :hithere :hithere :sorry: :hithere :hithere :hithere :hithere

at this moment, I can't think of one reason why I've been away so long.......but I actually just found myself sitting on the couch,,,(wonder where I came back from)...realizing that ...at the moment, I actually had nothing to do :shock:

and guess what popped up.....you guys :kiss:

so I went back, just a couple of pages,,,,and my heart just about burst.....seeing all you guys,,,catching bits of the conversations here and there...it was/is just wonderful....

well,,,,yes, I guess you could say I've been pre-occupied,,,,just getting all the ducks lined up in a row, tidying up loose ends so that when we leave here for a warm winter...I won't be worrying about anything. I'm actually almost living out of a suitcase,,I just did the last clean out of my closet, and now it's getting filled up with rubbermaid totes for storage...

It's been a whole year of recycling, packing, donating and just plain throwing away.....which I guess I didn't do too badly, considering I just finished what I call my first year of healing....

me and Memaw....what a pair....I guess we both had some huge lessons to learn which entailed both of us being put in one place (too bad there was 3,000 miles between us) wellllll, it was probably a good thing....we would have had just too much fun instead of all the internal housekeeping we did.

Mind you, we both got the chance to get together about 3 months ago for 6 days, her in a wheel chair and me pushing a walker.....but did we have a good time or what!!!!!!YOU BETCHA !!!!! :bana: :sunflower: :bike: :sunflower: :bana: (her poor husband took care of both of us - I have no idea how he made it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

The last project is almost done,,,,disassembling the greenhouse and getting it all cleaned up.....no, I'm not doing any of it....just as well, or I'd be wanting to save this or that...I went out there yesterday and came across a little pink ceramic pot that I made back in 78...even initialled...so I snuck that back to the house....it's the kind that has little pockets around it, for growing some trailing plants...perhaps I'll take it with me. :roll:

It's so nice to see you all again.....I didn't realize how much I missed everyone, till tonight,,,,now I'm going to take some time reading and really see what everyone's been up to....

love you always...pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hiya PP, sis! :bana: Welcome Home! :hithere

I was just about to turn off my computer last night and realized I had yet to change your email as you requested in your profile so I did that and sent you some love while I was at it.
It was really rather simple and I am pleased that so far, with one more week to go before Geoff's return from vacation, I haven't crashed the board or anything! :mrgreen: ... always a good thing! ;)
I was thinking about your little pink pot from 78 and thinking, "Yes!!! bring it! :D Can you tell I'm a pack rat... you may also need the ratty brown chipped on e in the corner too. ;) See what I mean... If George and I ever move I may be in trouble...sorting and eliminating is very foreign to me. :roll:

Awhh well, if it wasn't for us "pack rats" collectors wouldn't have anything to collect. See we are stabalizing an entire industry. ;)

Okay tonight it is lovely white cupcakes with pink frosting I'm sharing... you know, the icing kind of hardens... sort of fudgey but isn't chocolate? Well anyway... enjoy! And on the healthy side, I'm serving mugs of Raspberry tea. Have a good night/day everybody! :hithere
:loves
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: :hithere

oh boy, that was good timing Sis...just as I got here, you pulled those delicious goodies out of the oven,,,,,a not so quick icing swipe, and I devoured 3...(nobody else was around) :batman:

it's 5:30 am your time, so I'm being quiet... :mrgreen: ,,, but at 11 am, I'll be connecting with you...that'll give you another few hrs to wake up.. WHIST

I did get a little reading done last night,and I send belated condolences to Pet....we had a favourite Aunt and Uncle leave us last January....and it's still odd to think of them not being here...but someday... :happy :happy

I loved all your posts,,,so filled with love and fun, interspersed with difficult things too.....just to remind us that in all things there is balance.

HMMM,,,that was some interruption.....it's now 1:30 in the afternoon your time.....

I had some emails for the site,,,,and threw in a blog ( noticed Allan wasn't on the computer, so it gave me a chance to get a couple of things done....

It kept raining most of the day, so not very good for an Open House...nobody came... :cry:

then it was meditation time,,,,,then suppertime.....gee am I time oriented or what!!! :roll

I did get some time though to make some notes,,,so I wouldn't need to jump around while on the mb,, I remembered how frustrating it was to write a huge post and lose it :grrr .....not any more !!!

Sammy :hithere , I sooo hear you on not gardening anymore,,,and not for lack of wanting to.

It's funny how that gardening bug goes.....sometimes you have it all your life....or it comes early and leaves for awhile,,,,,or you finally get to do it and wonder why you didn't do it before.... :roll:

The herbs were always my favourite too....and yes Sandy, I am going to smuggle that little pink pot into the RV.....(which we don't have YET! - but it's going to manifest SOONEST.....how about NOW!!! :finger:
(talk about a depressed market) :?

I could grow little herbs in it for 6 mo in Canada, then 6 mo in the US....I just can't take them across the border.... :bike:
I think it was Kim who said this,,,,,,
Gardening doesn't have to take a lot of time, space, or a horticultural degree. Anyone can do it anywhere if they take the time to know their plants, the benefits are very emotionally and physically satisfying.
So if I just take on real little stuff, where I won't have to bend down,,,I'll enjoy it once again. :flower:

Oh yes, you (all) were talking about Stevia,,,it is good,,,,when my plants died, I reverted to liquid,,,but at least that's easy to travel with. :bike:

well guys,,,special hugs to you all.. :loves ...Lilly it was awesome to see your smiling face again :love and your hair looks great....personally I think straight hair is easier to mess up with,,,,curls and waves hide alot of mistakes.... :geek: (mine)

Clare... :love ...and Kimm,,,,, :love yahoooooo, I tell ya, it really felt like old home week :love

Jose....we haven't met yet....so... :hithere ,,,,it's nice to meet you,,,I caught up on your travels of your wonderful trip to see your family and glad you came back safely :cheers: ....(I'll just have to throw you a kiss....you have an awesome heart) :love

Borders!!!!! I'm all for abolishment.....(so is Memaw) :sword:

Sandy, only in your eyes would you think slugs are cute...oh sorry about that...you did say snails....well I think snails are great to eat,,,,smothered in butter garlic parmesan cheese and broiled nicely!!!

but I haven't had any in about 15 years...

I really loved the lizard story,,,,I'll tell one of our silent 11rs about it.....she rescued one (her vet pleaded with her) it's now 5 ft long and lives in her bathroom...his name is Iggy....I dunno about that.....I think it's something like kids....have them while your young and they grow on you.....

and then..............they go to boarding school at 15 ??? Pet...good thing you'll be kept busy with your young'uns....Woa...hope it's not too hard on you....come to think of it though,,,15????? I just might have enjoyed a boarding school...ever adventurous I was..

Nice meeting you too Sharon.....God Shots hey!!! uh huh! that is a good one!

OK darlins....ooops....Allan's back on the computer...that was good timing....

loves yo you all.....pp :kiss: ho ho ho! I was having fun with the smilies and almost lost my post......so the last part of the msg is just danged ole plain.....xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello you lot, Hey PP! Long time no see, eh? I wasn't very sorry about my aunt's passing.
My relatives called me cruel and heartless and I didn't even care, because I know I'm not.
I didn't bother explaining myself; my aunt was very old and she lost a son who had an accident
in a tank and was buried very close by to my father in Hannover Germany. She often told
me she couldn't wait to meet him again. It's young people, like my vivacious friend, whom I
cry for. Her sons are only 16 and 13.

The weather is still hot here and I fear we'll have practically no autumn, but I mustn't grumble,
at least I'm saving a fortune on heating bills.
Thalia is excited about Lycee (which the state pay for) but I have a feeling she'll be fed up
very quickly and want to be home every evening, she'll be nagging us to move to where the
school is I bet. You see, *whispers* she's ever so untidy and the rules are strict in the Lycee, :lol:
And not to be a bragger but the food isn't all that great either and she's become a fussy eater...
well, fussy as in, "can my portion have plastic cheese on it!" (Those individually wrapped cheeses
like you get in a burger bar.) :D

I just heard the guys on BBC radio 2 say my name. I don't ever hear my name out loud, they're
talking about a Blue Peter dog. :D

Right, I'm gunner put on a big lunch, roast pork, fresh apple sauce, cabbage and potats, Mmmm!
Oh Sandy, I fry the crisps in the deep fat frier...it's better to make it in lard or pig/duck/goose fat.
In oil they still crisp but not as crispy as fat...Mmmmmm!

Love to you all, as always, Pet xxx :love
ॐ LOVE Petra
Family

Post by 555 »

Hello my friends!
I am back, not only from Philippines, but also to the board.
I refrained myself to post in the past weeks because I was not in a good mood. I thought I had lost my job because my boss weren't calling me with new appointments, but thanks God, she started called me last week with an assignment and another in this weekend. They are not permanent, in one of them I was only covering for other caregiver and in the other is not steady. But I was happy, because even though was little, it was something and helps me at least put some money into my rent.
I have yet to make a good report from Philippines. But I don't have the time now because I am preparing to go to work. I am making a very crazy commuting in order to make this little money. But, it is better than stay in home and making no money at all.
You know sometimes, it seems I am alone. But I know I am not. When things are getting too scary, I always have the help of my invisible friends. My Adusjuster already told me that is not with easy that we got in the way of perfection, our way to Paradise is known by being the "striving" way. So, they know that and only help me according to what my Adjuster has planned to me. It seems he doesn't want me have a easy life, in which I could lean back and not learning the essentials. Although I cry during the difficult moments, I am thankful that I am cared for.
I want to thank you all that have sent good energies on my way with your prayers, good thoughs and friendship. I hope I can resume my life and continue with my goals, let us see how everythigng works out. I don't have other friends to whom I can share my utmost beliefs but you, so you are very important to me!
Much love,
Jose.
When you run away from God, just realize that God runs right there with you.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello everybody! :hithere

Jose! I am so glad to see you again! I was so hoping that any day now we would hear from you. Oh how I have been wishing that things would fall into place again for you, job wise...Well life-wise too. :) That latter one goes without saying, I suppose, as your previous post indicated you are learning much as you head Paradise-ward. My heart breaks at the thought of you having a tough time, though. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all right but then I suppose the lessons would be obsolite then and we wouldn't have the experience of a strengthened faith and a knowing we are made of stern stuff.
I hope I can resume my life and continue with my goals, let us see how everythigng works out.

I hope so too! :finger:
I don't have other friends to whom I can share my utmost beliefs but you, so you are very important to me!
You are important to this family too! We're much better when you are among us...It Goes for the rest of you too and all who read this...we are one! Oh that has me thinking of our beautiful Tanis who we haven't seen in a while. :)

How are the children of your friend, Pet? Bless their hearts. You of all people understand their pain don't you? :kiss: I remember PP talking about death in the good light you mentioned in your post where your Aunt was concerned. We are so conditioned to look at death as a complete loss in our sorrow over the separation. I cannot say much, as I still cry when I think of wingzie. I miss her...can't wait to see her again some day.

Oh you lunch sounded good...George would love eating at your place... ;) I made him a couple meat pies tonight. You know the kind you buy frozen and pop into the oven for a little while. As for me, I got to enjoy, for the third day in a row, some diet vegetable soup. :roll: I have been combing the house, looking for some chocolate... (Hince the reason I am not loosing any weight :( but thankfully none can be found!)
I agree with you and have the same feeling that Thalia will miss home and her Mum's good cooking. Hmmm maybe close to Lycee would be a good place to build your home... Especially seeing how you will have two more heading that direction someday as well. Oh dear... lets not hurry that. :(

PP, I am still loosing big posts from time to time too. But not nearly so often since my old computer went kapoot. This one will occasionally shut off at inopportune times... I always wondered if it was the electricity because normally if it needs to shut down say...to complete a program update...it warns me and gives me time to put things away safely.

Just this morning I was looking at my sad little dirt garden and noticed all these little circles of about four inches in diameter on the surface. Sort of like little shallow craters and I couldn't figure out what in the world that was all about. Then this afternoon I saw a flock of little sparrow enjoying a dust bath there...flapping their little wings and twirling around in the dirt. They were so cute I couldn't get mad.. :lol: So If it's not the kitty next door thinking this is a pretty terrific litter box...it is the birds thinking its their personal bathtub. :roll: But, yep, gardening is in my blood...Well trying to garden is in my blood, anyway. ;) I'm glad to hear you are taking little "pinkie with you. ;) just in case you need to "smuggle " something over those borders! ;)
I'm with you and Memaw! Away with borders! :sword: ( Now I'm hearing the old song..."why can't we be friends." ) :roll:

The fact that your friends lizard is five foot long makes me suspect she adopted herself an Iguanna. I love Igunnas but some of them can be a real handful. We had a big one once brought to us by the local volunteer fire department. They were terrified of it but didn't want it to be harmed so they gave it to us to look after for a few days in the hopes that the owner could be found. They never showed up so we found it a good home with our reptile man. Luckily this little darlin was a real sweetheart.

Okay I am getting off here for now.
Bunches of love for each of you! :kiss:
Sandy
sammy

Post by sammy »

(((((JOSE))))) (BIG HUG!) Welcome home!

Jose wrote:
I thought I had lost my job because my boss weren't calling me with new appointments, but thanks God, she started called me last week with an assignment and another in this weekend. They are not permanent, in one of them I was only covering for other caregiver and in the other is not steady.
It's funny, when I read this I had a very vague image in my mind of a Midwayer calling around setting up these jobs. I can't really explain beyond that, but it's kind of like these jobs you are getting are tied to your (or perhaps those you are caring for) spiritual growth.

Sandy - Birds bathing in dirt :lol: Only you could find joy in these creatures of God trashing you garden! :kiss:

Pet - if I were rich I'd fly you out here to be my personal chef!

LOVE!!!!
SAmmy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere hi there y'all...

wow, I can't believe I got caught up ??? well sort of....there's no sense even trying to catch up,,,too much water under the bridge....had a problem coping with it all, lots of good changes, like better meditation, understanding a lot more things....so I'll just flow along with ya's all...

thanks Pet...nice to see you again too...(I actually wonder who's going to break first, you or Thalia :roll:

Welcome home Jose, glad to hear you made it both ways and the jobs are starting to come in...we all need to keep busy,,except when in meditation....hmmm on second thought, we can often be kept busy there!!

Sandy your dry bird bath reminded me of one of our fawns this spring....we caught one up on her tippy toes, neck stretched to get a bit of water in the bird bath....they might as well drink from it,,,the birds never bathed in it.....Yes my friend Margaret's pet is an Iguana,,I guess that's why she calls him Iggy...heh heh

well, I didn't get my nap today, and I'm tired....haven't done much except try to answer the posts,,,,and it's taken me all day long...it's been very enjoyable though...

I love hearing from and seeing you all again...

luvs for now...pp xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Guys,

I'm a little slow off the starting blocks today ...can't put two words together and they make any sense... so I may lay a little low and go meditate in a little while.
Sending love and hugs to all where ever you are in your day and evening. :)
:loves
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Sandy I was just thinking the same thing,,,and I just got up...

have to say though, my sacrum and tailbone feel alot better today...it's been 4 days on a heating pad and a donut ring.... :lol:

I'm going to see if some food will brighten me up...

otherwise....move over...

that's what we need at this coffee place......a couple of nice lounges,,,table side service.....a pool sized hot tub.....and a big pool to keep the kids busy,,,make it a wave pool, they all love that...

oh yes,,,and some SUN....

see y'all later on... pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
sammy

Post by sammy »

PP...Don't forget the donut ring!

And it must be something in the air...I've been low on energy off and on for a few days.

LOVE!!!
Sammy
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

OOOOH sitting in the sun sounds lovely today! It is warm, sunny and bright outside. :sunny: I'm still sluggish today too and I am wondering if it is my lack of B complex vitamins. Been out of them for a week now and think they are important for vegetarians... :scratch:

Glad you poor little backside is feeling better, PP. Hmmm a hot tub in the cafe... not a bad idea. :mrgreen:
PP...Don't forget the donut ring!
All this donut talk is making me crave...you got it! DOUHGNUTS! :bana: Bring it on! Especially the cake doughnuts with pink strawberry icing and sprinkles! :sunflower:
ENJOY!!!
Love,
Bubba :pig:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

funny thing is,,,,,just the other day I was looking for a doughnut recipie.....and I couldn't find one...

for the ole fashioned sugar ones,,,,with a bit of nutmeg.....I found one for drop donuts....be like rough robin's bits...or donut holes they call'em..

did I tell you, that we have a young great horned owl, who has claimed his territory here.....he's really funny...

he flew passed my hot tub and landed on a baby fir tree behind the house....the top bent waaay over, but he hung on....then pounce....

one less snake......then he flew down to the shed with his dinner...

he was so intent on this snake though that he didn't bat an eye with us on the back deck taking his picture,,,about 10 ft away....he didn't care....he had his eye on dinner!

yes, that was a good idea to put a hot tub here...I might have gotten a dip today...

I went out to mine, opened the lid....and what!!!! :grrr the heater had clicked off.....and I decided to top it up,,,so the temp ended up being down to 62 F.....ahhhhhh!

then I forgot I had the hose in it,,,,,,oh yeah,,,overflowed it....well all I can say about that is,,, it gave it a good flush....just opened the drain for about 15 min...

It's only lukewarm now....so I might as well forget about it till morning now. :(

loves, pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Family

Post by 555 »

Hello friends,
Here it is something I was thinking about this night:
Since I know myself as a person, I always was attracted to information and entertainment through media. When still a child, I used to look at the fat newspapers of Sundays and wonder how could somebody read all that stuff in only one day. Well, in fact, in two days, since at that time, in Brazil, newspapers didn’t run on Mondays. But, even so, it was too much stuff to be read in only two days. One thing that used to intrigue me was the letters that would come after the name of the city, before the actual news: London (UPI) or Chicago (AP). Only today I know that they stand for the names of News Agencies : United Press International and Associated Press.

Well, probably this piece of information is not going to be counter-parted by my Adjuster and will not make part of my ascension. But, the thrill of the discovery certainly will. Once when I was a pastor in a small church in a small city in Brazil, I was running a radio show for the church and I decided to do something really new. I asked people to send their song requests and I promised that I would make my message based on the song’s message. That was a risk business, because I didn’t know what people would ask and could be that somebody would request a song with an objectionable lyrics to my view. But I did anyways, because I believed that from any communication you can extract something useful. I still believe on this, you can learn even from the perpetration of evil; if nothing else, at least how not following the example of the evildoer. In the time I kept the radio show, people who sent the songs requests were all of a religious sort and the songs requested were, thankfully, good material for my messages.

After discovering the Book of Urantia, I came across with an impressive teaching: the importance of the scaffolds. Certain decisions we take in our lives, have temporary value. They are the means that lead us to those decisions of permanent value. Consider for example a trivial thing like to watch a police television show as, Castle, on ABC., or The Mentalist on CBS, just to mention two on primetime. Some years from now, I will probably not remember even the name of these shows, as it happened to several other shows that were cancelled. But the spiritual experience I had many times on watching these shows, that impressed me as truth, goodness and beauty, even in a fictional, but very humane scenario, those feelings that many times bring me to tears and make me to praise God for the enchantment they caused in me, these feelings so known of me, these certainly will come with me to eternity.

We, that were enlightened with the taste of superior revelations, and know how relative the mores can be, not only from person to person and culture to culture in our world, but even more from world to world, we might be able to be less permeable to behavior formulas of the kind “do that”, “don’t do that”. Wisdom is, in fact, accumulated knowledge plus personal discernment of what is worth of being translated into actions and what is not. And that varies from person to person. The fact that even the Ancient of Days, do not decree annihilation of personality unless the very individual agrees with such a decision, shows that our own “principles” are , in the end, the basis for our survival or extinction. That is why one of the mota philosophically correlated is “Do not give advice unless asked for”, because we have no right to dictate other’s people actions, since each will respond for him or herself.

Sharing experiences, even knowledge, is commendable and enjoyable in many aspects, but as we recently read in a transmit from One Without Name or Number, only in Paradise, wisdom will be imparted by osmosis. For now, we can only impart the intellectual concept of it, but not the value of experience that makes wisdom really wisdom. That finished wisdom, each one of us has to acquire personally.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Jose wrote:
For now, we can only impart the intellectual concept of it, but not the value of experience that makes wisdom really wisdom. That finished wisdom, each one of us has to acquire personally.
And this would be why our kids don't listen to us. They need to experience it for themselves for true wisdom to develop. (Now, I just need to remember this everyday for the rest of my life!)

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Jose....

very wise advice indeed....interesting about your radio show and the interpretation of the songs...

I appreciated this very much...
one of the mota philosophically correlated is “Do not give advice unless asked for”, because we have no right to dictate other’s people actions, since each will respond for him or herself.
Even though we may think we know exactly what another should do or think....sometimes even when asked,,,we should refrain....only in the last yr or so, have I found myself more able to guide someone to find the answer within...

blessings, pp
Daily Affirmation:
Family

Post by 555 »

Well, you can imagine, I see prompts all the time, specially 555 and 333. But interestingly, they have a special meaning to me. When I am prompted with 555 I bet my friend Thomas is around, as he has been for some years, even before I was Urantia Book reader -- now I know. 333, for me, diferently than for George, means that our friend Sharmon is around. I think that we have this little convention. I also have other things, for example, when my left ear start to tingle too much, I always suppose that my friend 555 is around. If it is the right one, it might be Sharmon or other. I have noticed that these sensations usually happen when I am doing something spiritually related, or sometimes in stillness.
Today, when was coming back to home from work, I noticed two prompts in two buldings in a sequence. First 999, and I thought with me "Perhaps 1111 comes just in the next building." It was not in the next, but in next after that, there it was, big numbers in the warehouse bulding: 1111. I feel so good when I see these prompts. It means to me that I am not alone, somebody notices me and say Hi!
For example, right now while I writing this, I have a strong tingling on my left ear even to my left eye. My friend 555 certainly is around. And I am glad he makes me company sometimes.

In my stillnes practice now, I am experimenting with several things, like pushing my thoughts deep in my mind. I don't know to explain that. But I have learned something about the brain waves cycles, and I want to be able to work at the level of the sub-consciousness/uncounsciousness. Sammy, remember when you shared with us that when in stillness, you lost track of time, sometimes for two hours? I was thinking, could you being operating on the deep subcounscious/uncounsciousness level? It seems that when "mediums" operate in that level, they can't remember what they say, see or listen to. That is why many of them use a recorder to have it played later.

In the past, even before being enlightned as now, I had some experiences of out of the body... But I was afraid to go on too deep, I was afraid not be able to come back to my body. Well, now that Ican situate this kind of experience better, it is not happening anymore. I tried to induce it sometimes, but it didn't work.

What I have had are some flash visions. They have me helped with my ministry when I was in Philippines... for I could interpret their meaning for they would happen within a prayer context for something or somebody. But now they happen in my stillness. Sometimes-- this is interesting -- a little window opens before me, like a really small screen and I see figures and actions within it, but I really don't know what they mean .

Also, I have discovered that some "visions" I have during stillnes, specially in the beginning, are images I have seen during the day. Specially if I could classify these images as not so "good ones" as something I see on the computer or TV, usually involving violence and such. So, I was thinking about that and it seems that my mind is doing a "dumping", throwing out all garbage, so I can get some reall good stuff.

So I am experimenting with my stillnes.. I have not gone too much to my Akashic Library. I want to learn to acquire a deeper level of connection so I can use my Akashic Library better.

I am in the processing of application to a Doctors Degree in a Online School. It is a Christian Conservative School from the Third World, but it will be mostly free for me, so I am willing to do it. So if I am accepted I will have to write a lot of papers. And will have to be a real gimnastic-person to satisfy them, even not thinking like they do. But I think I will be able to do it, without lie or being a hypocrite, because I learned how to say things that can be easily taken in two ways, as when you don't want to lie and don't want to volunteer a truth that can be pontentially a source for contention with the people you love.

Sometimes, my mind wants to think the old way, such, thinking on revenge, taking advantage of others, selfishness, pride , etc. But most of times, I am capable to interrupt these old lines of thinking and correct my course to the better way of love, compassion and consideration. Sometimes is hard for me because I do have some love deficiency in my life history and that makes me to think suspiciously about people. But I have corrected these kind of thinking by letting people to be what they are and have their own choices and respect them, even if they hurt me sometimes. Well, if somebody doesn't want to refer me to the Doctorate Program, it is ok, their choice, what I am going to do?
Ok people, I talked too much tonight and my tv shows already started.

Bye,

Love,

Jose.
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by theunim »

Hallo Everyone,

Finally can catch up again with you all. :) Glad to see PP and Jose are in! Jose, a belated welcome back from your trip and the temporary troubles you faced- glad to hear that you're looking into a degree program, I hope you will be able to do it! Sometimes I feel like it is easier to be acting in a pattern that I'm already used to, myself, but I know that personally, I need to also get over what caused trouble in my life history to progress. :) I like how you think, Jose- I feel that it is not only about turning to your other cheek, but considering with love and kindness the other person in the process, sounds like an extra step that is always worth taking, even if the results are not always in our favor.

Bert and I finished almost all of our paperwork, so now we have to wait and see if there's anything else that needs to be done, besides getting the appraiser into the house. Tentative closing date is the 21st, but we could end up extending that past and if that's the case, well, we still have a place to stay. Our landlord is okay with us staying and renting out the place by the number of days we remain into November. I'm crossing my fingers that we don't hit anymore snags other than timing of the services provided.

I also have good additional news! We have a baby beagle we promptly named Bagel! He will turn eleven weeks old on Thursday. :) There are pictures, but I need to upload them somewhere first. Instead, they're either all on the phone or the camera's memory card, as well as in e-mails instead of folders on the computers.

It's a bit early (haha) in the night but I'm already feeling tired and still trying to catch up to many posts, so I'll stop by again later on. ;) I hope everyone is doing splendid today.

Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello family,

I understand about being busy... This has been a busy time for me too as I've been working through paperwork myself...nothing fun at the end of it like a new Home T.. just taxes. But oh how happy I am to hear that the house paperwork is pretty much finished and it is looking good for you and Bert to be moved in by Thanksgiving! :sunflower: What an exciting time...and with a new furry family member to boot. I cannot wait to see photos of Bagel the Beagle when you have a few spare moments. Love that name Bagel..and actually it is making me rather hungry for a pineapple bagel with cream cheese! :lol:

Jose you have shared two such wonderful teaching posts. I have found important aspects in both to contemplate and add to my own meditation. I love it when you speak about your life experiences... You have been so brave and so full of faith...and this is just one small example...
I asked people to send their song requests and I promised that I would make my message based on the song’s message. That was a risk business, because I didn’t know what people would ask and could be that somebody would request a song with an objectionable lyrics to my view. But I did anyways, because I believed that from any communication you can extract something useful.
I find that interesting and something to ponder as we contemplate the individuals we meet who arrive from different aspects of religion, spirituality, science and math. It is so easily to feel the gulf between us... We each come armed to the teeth with our experiences, knowledge and beliefs... all seemingly solid and built on grounds of our choosing depending on our own comfort level I suppose. I wonder why must any of us feel the need to dash another's beliefs on the rocks of our "so called" knowledge... to what point the end I wonder? Perhaps, we feel we are justified...after all... we believe it and have proven it to ourselves, in some instances wise men proclaim it... wise beings teach it and so it must be absolute truth. :) I have fallen into this trap from time to time... and I smile at myself now. With the Universe so big and so vast, full of infinitesimal creations, wonders and colors that my own limited human mind cannot begin to rationalize...how can I possibly judge another's rationale... tell them the right of it? All I can really do is follow my own life's callings and leanings, dictated by faith's experience... where without a shred of doubt I know I have been led as I enjoy the awakening of soul's pictures... one by one...gentle lesson by gentle Teachers of spirit..... one soul experience after another. How does one explain these things? I have tried and failed as there is no way...one must simply experience it themselves...find their own way amid the countless paths that lead "out there ...somewhere"...

Oh how I love the bridges you build between us, Jose. Bridges of the soul that encourage and enlighten rather then destroy for no real purpose but to be proven right in ones own mind...
How many times we seem to face the clash of beliefs, spirituality and science...all part of the same whole with members of the various camps armed to the teeth and ready to defend their positions to the end. :)
I am in the processing of application to a Doctors Degree in a Online School. It is a Christian Conservative School from the Third World, but it will be mostly free for me, so I am willing to do it. So if I am accepted I will have to write a lot of papers. And will have to be a real gimnastic-person to satisfy them, even not thinking like they do. But I think I will be able to do it, without lie or being a hypocrite, because I learned how to say things that can be easily taken in two ways, as when you don't want to lie and don't want to volunteer a truth that can be potentially a source for contention with the people you love.
I suspect you will excel in these studies and manage quite beautifully as you have so many times in the past... to explain truth as you know, feel and see it in such away as to not offend those wise brothers and sisters of another yet similar calling... You own path expanding in leaps and bounds... is there anything more gratifying then to grow in spirit and soul and be of service along the way... :happy

Okay dear friends...it is getting late here and I will soon be in my warm bed. I hope each of you have a day overflowing with blessings of the heart! :kiss:
((((HUGS))))
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Miss T, Sandy and Jose....

Miss T, it's wonderful to see you and Bert and Bagle, almost ready to begin another adventure, and Jose too.

I'm just trying to look at it as everyday is a new adventure...Thanksgiving was on Monday here, we drove out to Lake Cowichan and had dinner with Allan's sister and parents came down from Nanaimo...it was a good day,,,

we no sooner got home though and it started to rain,,,more of a downpour, and it just stopped awhile ago, about a 36 hr downpour, but that's the westcoast fall...now today it's beautiful and sunny and I said I'd go take pictures of the changing colours,,,we don't have alot of reds to make it real pretty, but alot of oranges and yellows....and the odd purple from a smoke bush tree...

I've had about 5 days of no pain...at all , just being a sort of strange stiffness, sort of like the bones were fusing,,,it wasn't muscle stiffness. :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:
but this am, the stiffness came back, not with alot of pain, but enough to show me the pattern.

My Aunt from Ontario just phoned and they've had the last couple of weeks in the high 80's.....I should have gone for a visit...but alas they are in the fall rain too now....hmmmmm

sandy...
I wonder why must any of us feel the need to dash another's beliefs on the rocks of our "so called" knowledge... to what point the end I wonder?

sometimes I feel that it's not so much that we really have a premeditated desire to crush others ideals....but that we don't consider that everyone does have the right to think and feel exactly how they do....we forget that everyone is on their own journey..even if we do end up at the same place (or not)....

what I think it is,,,,,is our own individual ego, which is still trying to maintain superiority, and not wanting to let go of control, as our own spirit comes more and more into our being.....dear ego, can't get rid of it, it's too important to our survival,,,,it's just taking a bit of adjustment in giving up the controlling reins.....so I think it's a wonderful thing when we really start to allow Spirit to guide us,,,and especially as ego realizes that this is a good thing. And our personal life changes....

well,,,for me,,,,,it's just awesome....(perhaps it's the elder age that I'm just entering)....ones perspective changes, and as long as one is open and not resisting the changes (no matter at what age actually),,,,it's ...well....very pleasant....very nice and joyful...

No matter what is going on 'outside',,,it's the inside that matters...

Now it's time, for me to get a little warmer....Allan has just gone out.....so it's a perfect time for stillnes....

see you xoxoxo pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
MasterOfMyself
Busy Bee

Post by MasterOfMyself »

There must be limitations inherent to this theory. For example, what if the thing or event which you seek to attract in to your life runs counter to another person's will? Does it become a battle of who possesses the stronger ability to attract what is desired? Or do they cancel one another out? I remember when uber-skeptic Bill Maher once asked if one person could out-pray another? It's a fair question.

I adore Anna Kournikova. I could focus on drawing her in to my life 24 hours a day and it would be futile. She could have anyone. The law of attraction seems to favor the exceptionally attractive. :)
"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."
sammy

Post by sammy »

Hi All!

I'm busy this week too...and not much in a mood to type :oops: BUT...

I wanted to jump in with another thought about "dashing beliefs"...I think there are lots of reasons for this...but for me (not that I dash anyone's belief)...but for example in the thread started by "Confirmation Bias", I found myself defending my beliefs...but typically when I speak of my beliefs it is in hopes of finding yet another that can share in my beliefs.

MOM (Master of myself) -
The law of attraction seems to favor the exceptionally attractive.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: SO very true!

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

HIya everybody,
Sammy I was just thinking about what you just said...
I think there are lots of reasons for this...but for me (not that I dash anyone's belief)...but for example in the thread started by "Confirmation Bias", I found myself defending my beliefs...but typically when I speak of my beliefs it is in hopes of finding yet another that can share in my beliefs.
Do you think it has to do with "intentions..the difference between dashing and sharing or describing one's beliefs...

PP did the pain come back with the stiffness? It would be wonderful if you could get some relief after these last two long years! I was just admiring the fall color from photos a former neighbor of mine sent me. I could almost smell those drying leaves...soooo nice! Good things here too..flowers everywhere! And I have a new friend in this little Willie Wagtail that follows me around when I am out in the yard much like those birds riding on the backs of cows looking for insects they stir up in their movements...too cute...

I will try to remember this...
No matter what is going on 'outside',,,it's the inside that matters...
... a warm welcome to this monster thread... MOM
The law of attraction seems to favor the exceptionally attractive.
:lol:
I haven't really thought much about these things in some time. But it seems that in all matters ones will should not impede on someone else's free will decision making either... but now suppose this Anna Kournikova who seems to have everything a person could want...but deep inside her heart she longs for a person just like you. Why shouldn't it be you and why shouldn't the universe place the pieces of your life so as to intertwine. I suppose in a far off crazy way it could be possible if a little unlikely from this glass empty kind of girl... But of course, if she is fantastically happy in the way things are it would seem you will certainly be left holding an empty flower vase. I must admit I am quite limited in knowledge of this law... too busy trying to learn the simplest of life's lessons over and over again... :) It does seem that Geoff was discussing this within the last 6 months somewhere though... Do you remember that Sammy? Maybe in the book department... I'll see if I can find it.

Love,
Sandy
sammy

Post by sammy »

It does seem that Geoff was discussing this within the last 6 months somewhere though... Do you remember that Sammy? Maybe in the book department... I'll see if I can find it.
Hmmmm....thinking.....thinking.....STILL thinking......

I recall him talking about different spiritual laws, is this what you are talking about?

http://new-birth.net/laws.htm

LOVE!!!!
Sammy