The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by Sandy »

Hi Laura,
I did the same thing...the "backside word" when I first came here...and it was George who set me straight. :shock: :oops: :lol: It's funny how different words have different connotations in different places...and sometimes we just haven't a clue, huh?
Are you still on the road? :bike:
Please give PP my love when you speak with her. I sure miss her. Would give my eye tooth if it would help her feel better....well a molar at the very least... ;)

Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
CutieKenge
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by CutieKenge »

Hi Clare!
Here I am! :hithere I have been away for weeks! Life has been so hectic, but I have missed being here! Thanks for asking for me! :kiss:

I thought about you all and wanted to stop by and say a quick hello. Baby is doing wonderfully and is growing so big! I'm also getting married next month, plus there are a million other things going on, so I barely have time to check my email! Trying to stay sane in the midst of it all, but the past couple months have been extremely stressful. But I'm hanging in there. Any prayers and light any of you can send my way would be much appreciated. I really could use a boost! lol :D

Gotta run again, but I hope all is well with all of you. Sending much love & hugs to you all. I think of you often.

Love,
Kenge
A wise man once said, "Today, let's try to be grateful for the small things..."
And at that moment, all was okay.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:hithere hi kendra

:loves :kiss: i prayed
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:kiss: Hello Sandy,
It is strange how others cultures perceive a word or in some instances a phrase. So many times I've just been stumped at Pet and her phrases but I guess thats how we get to know one another and transcend those cultures. Yes I'm still riding around with hubby, but beginning my plans for my next step. We are going to request some hometime with the kids and grandkids, if Rob's work cant seem to fit it in than I'm going to pick up my car and sister and go visit on my own than I'm going to go to New Mexico and see where I'm lead from there. I have a million ideas but first I need to get there :lol: The time is growing nearer and I'm getting very excited. If we do go see the kids than hubby and I will be making the trip at the end of August. I'm only behind one year it seems. PP did a reading for me about 1 1/2 yrs ago that said I would be making major changes in my location which I did going riding with my husband but this is the change I really was hoping for to begin a dream I have for helping others. I was just reading a channel from AA Gabriel that stated once we put it in motion it starts flowing from there and I'm a great idea gal but a little bit of a procratinator, but not for much longer.

I just got off the phone with PP and she's plugging along, like you I wish she was feeling better in the physical dept. Hopefully, when I get set up in New Mexico she can come for some much needed rest and get to some warm and dryer weather. I'll take real good care of her and massage those aches right away. In the meantime though we can keep her in our prayers and send some healing her way. Well gotta go so I'll chat again soon.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Laura wrote:
So many times I've just been stumped at Pet and her phrases
:lol:
Well, you wouldn't wanna be around me sister and me when we get going. Someone taped us
once and on listening to it, we fell about laughing...My kid's speak their own kind of dialect; it's
a mixture of Welsh, English, French and teeny bit of Corsican. :lol:

Kennyyyyyyyyy. I was wondering about you; had assumed you were busy and just a tad exhausted?
I remember all of my pregnancies. With the girls I blossomed, bloomed and had heaps of energy.
With the boys not so. Try and drink herbal teas and cut out the caffeine (slowly not abruptly).
Camomile is da bomb for pregnancy...a natural relaxant and it tastes gorgeous with a blob of
good quality honey. Deep breathing stillness etc. I'll be keeping you, and PPin my
thoughts and prayers.

We went to the desert last weekend. Slept out under the stars. There was no artificial light for many
miles and the stars were beyond measure...absolutely stunning. Poor Teeta got multiple mozzie stings
on her eye lid and looked like she'd been in the boxing ring with Tyson! (I dunno where it came from seeing
as we were in the bloomin' (and it sure was) desert. I'll put up a pic ot two?
When we returned, next day she woke up with an even more swollen eye...another mozzie bite on the same
eye! It was swollen shut for over eight hours. She said: "can I go bike riding?" I said: "Not with one eye.....
.....Cyclops!" :lol: :cyclops:
OK, I'll upload ya's some photies shall I?

Mathi and Manny going off to get ready for sleep

Love, Pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

a desert flower.

Panoramic view of the desert du Agriettes
ॐ LOVE Petra
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

happyrain wrote::hithere hi kendra

:loves :kiss: i prayed
Hey Eric! :hithere
Thank you LUV2 :kiss: I hope all is well with you! :sunflower:

Petra Wilson wrote:Kennyyyyyyyyy. I was wondering about you; had assumed you were busy and just a tad exhausted?
Haha that is exactly right!
Petra Wilson wrote:Try and drink herbal teas and cut out the caffeine (slowly not abruptly).
Camomile is da bomb for pregnancy...a natural relaxant and it tastes gorgeous with a blob of
good quality honey. Deep breathing stillness etc
Will do, Dr. Wilson! :mrgreen: Thank goodness I wasn't a big caffine lover pre-pregnancy. (Maybe the very occassional coffee - from Starbucks. hehe) I love tea!! Have been drinking a good amount, plus making my own iced tea! Mmmm, yummy! Haven't had Camomille for awhile yet...maybe i'll have some today...I think I'll need it - the way the day is looking! lol :lol: I do need to make more time for stillness though, so that is a great reminder for me to "get it together" as they say, hehe :lol: Thank you, mama. :love

Well, :baby baby is kicking up a storm...I think he wants me to eat more cereal. :lol: Off I go again!

Love you all,
Kendra
A wise man once said, "Today, let's try to be grateful for the small things..."
And at that moment, all was okay.
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

Pet, I bet you and your sis wondered what you the heck you were going on about :lol: I've just never seen it translated so well in print :lol: You definitely have the gift girl yo do. Those pictures were stunning and well done. So sorry to here about your daughter getting ate up by the mossies as you call them. My daughter always was the one they would get, so in Louisiana they are everywhere in the summer months, so I would put skin so soft and bug spray. One night though they got the bottom of her feet and they must have all had a pint or two because the poor girl couldnt walk for a day or two. I didnt forget to do her feet the next time.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Pet, you take the most gorgeous pictures! The desert is stunning. I am ashamed to admit that I have never slept out under the stars... It's not that I am afraid of bugs..I just can't stand the idea of something crawling on me while I am sound asleep. How silly to miss out on something wonderful because of that... :( Okay..it is on my to do list! :finger:

Hi Kendra, I love coffee and could always tell when I was expecting because all of a sudden I couldn't even stand the smell of the stuff. Werid huh? I take it you are craving cereal? :D At least that is healthy! I couldn't get enough hot dogs...yep, hot dogs! :roll: ..and now I can't stand the site of them...

Laura, Thanks for passing on my thoughts to PP. She phoned me the other day and it was so good to hear her voice. I am praying for both of you that all your dreams come true. Some transitions are coming up but good ones I bet for both of you... :sunflower: Oh my, the mozzies can be awful here during damp weather! I sometimes think they work like a pack of wolves...One gets your attention and draws your "fire" and the others zero in on less protected areas. :shock: Of course you need to keep in mind that we live next to a lake. :scratch: But come to think of it ..it does seem better then in years past. I think opening up the lake to the sea has helped in the "blood sucking bug department".

Hello and love to all of you darlins! :loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Thanks Laura. Mathilda hasn't has any more bites since. We're really lucky to live here, it's situated into a
mountain and probably the only small town that has barely any biting insects. Yet, a few kilometers down to
the coast and it's all rather swampy. Not all that long ago they had malaria here.

Sandy, an outdoorsy gal like you never slept in the wild before?? Who'd'a thunk it? Actually it's totally cool
sleeping under the stars. One is just as likely to get a spider crawling over one's face at home, tee hee, hope
I didn't give you any bad heebie jeebie thoughts there? And you living in Australia and all! :lol: Image (ignore the witchie hat!!)
I remember when I was doing the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme and we had to sleep under a tarpaulin and
nothing else. In the middle of the night, one from my team woke up screaming. The screamer was screaming
at her still sleeping buddy as a snail had crawled (crawled? they don't have feet) into her mouth!!!!! it was just
there on her tongue! I said, "maybe she'd like some garlic butter with it?" No-one was amused except me! :lol:
Anyway, in case you're still interested.........
We took out the snail and sent him on his merry way, closed her mouth and moved her onto her side. Next morning
she complained of a terrible taste in her mouth. "and what's this here?" indicating the snail trail. I told her she'd been
dribbling in the night. She was a very sensitive, easy to cry, get upset girl with a very sensitive gag reflex so we
thought it wise not to tell her....aren't we nice? But someone told her later on and she was sick.

Love, pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Hello my second family! Well, the kids and I finally moved. It was so overwhelming. We're still in the same neighborhood, but now we're renting a townhouse. I used to own my home, but couldn't do it anymore. It's nice to just pay rent and call someone when something breaks! The kids are so happy with the new place, too. Thanks for all your prayers. Kenge, you look great! When is the due date? Sandy and Lola, thanks for all of your beautiful posts. Roxie, Petra, keep on making me laugh! Love all of you!

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi mguys,

Pet..you are in rare form tonight...I just read a couple of your posts so far and you have me rolling in the floor...Oh that poor girl...see!!!! That is why I don't sleep out in the wilds. You wind up with a snail in your mouth if you don't breath through your nose... :shock: I will sleep quite warm and comfortably on my own bed thank you and leave the living in the wilds to you heartier souls... By the way, loved the emoticons...The witches hat fits as I have been in rare form lately! ;)

Clare, it's good to have your sparkly self back on the board. Yep, it is definitely a plus to be able to call the landlord when troubles afoot isn't it? Glad everybody's feeling at home in the new townhouse. :sunflower: Life's a non stop adventure isn't it? :D

Love Yall,
Sandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

I'm really made up for you Clare. So, I'll ease on the prayers then? I'm reading a Stephen King novel
at the moment called Duma key, set in Florida and his descriptions of the place sound marvellous.
We rent...a very low rent too. Unfortunately, but fortunately for us, the landlord kept turning
away Arab's, or making excuses. The place was vacant for over a year. The locals said they would lynch
him if he let them move in. We came along and he asked us before we went through the front door if
we'd sign the papers that day.

Sandy, in the desert....no-one can hear you scream! in case a skorpion decided to take 40 winks next
to you, LOL! Mathilda had a bee nestled in her ear once. Snuggled up, calm as you like IN HER OUTER EAR!!
I always had a huge fear of earwigs. My mom told me they liked nothing better than to nest in your ear.
That's a myth, right?

OK, must dash and have lunch...home made garlic turkey burger with masses of salad. Oh, I do love salad
season.
I read that turkey is a good mood food, so guess who bought the whole shop load? And bananas too. They
contain tryptophan which triggers the release of seratonin, I think...here's a list:
mung beans, lobster, turkey, asparagus, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese, pineapple, tofu, spinach, bananas,
chicken, salmon, sardines, tuna, nuts and oats. Oh, and best of all, dark chocolate, 70% or more!
Apart from the lobster I'm trying the lot on a daily basis...soon I'll be off me knockers with happiness, no?

OK Guys, need a bit of advice: what age would you let your daughter wear a bit of makeup and/or wear nail
polish? Thalia's friend gave her a bottle of almost red and she painted her nails and toes, ( her sister's as well;
would have put a coat on li'l Manny's but he hotly refused and ran away)! I went out and bought a bottle of
removal and made them take it off. But now, I'm thinking, was I a tad harsh? I've noticed a lot of girls in
the school wearing full-on make up, tons of black kohl mostly.
When I was in school matron would have had a fit if any of the girls went to lessons looking like they were
about to go out to a night club, :lol: I SOUND OLD!!! It's started, aaaggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Love you all, Pet XXXX :loves
ॐ LOVE Petra
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Petra, I let my daughter wear nail polish at 10 or 11 BUT it had to be a light color. Makeup at 13 (although she was sneeking it, I think). I also tell her when it looks too much. She actually does a really nice job of it, too. Some people might think that's too young, but I'm trying to "choose my battles". Hope that helps. P.S. How old is Thalia? She seems like an old soul.

Love, Clare
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:kiss: Pet, bless your heart its starting :shock: teeeeeeenagers :finger: its best just to go with the flow and let them experience sparingly like claire said. They cant help but feel left out but you could let them know that makeup is only an enhancer of their own beauty and those dark colors take away from them. Now that should work for awhile and keep them happy, most start wanting to try makeup at preteen years because they are around the older kids at school. By the way I loved your snail story it tickled my fancy, did I say something wrong :oops: .

:sunflower: Claire, it sounds like moving will lighten your load and everyones happy, its just hardwork getting there isnt it.

:loves Sandy, you are not missing anymore than going out at night and looking up at those big beautiful stars that can be done without camping. I think its the camping that interests most and the stars are just there in the sky. So the old saying to each his own. I love camping personally but after a few days the bugs and dirt can wear you down, but its all worth it for the peace and quite that most seek when they go camping. So glad you were able to speak with PP and I'm sure it was great for her to hear from you as well, she's been a busy gal lately and it hasn't helped her feeling physically challenged. I just keep her in my and cant wait to see her one day soon.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

G'Day all you loveies,

I am full as a boot or something like that...It's one of George's sayings and I can't quite understand its' meaning. :scratch: I tried a new soup tonight..called Cheeseburger Soup. It had an assortment of veggies like celery, onions, potatos, carrots, parsley, basil, as well as hamburger (minced beef) milk, cheese and yogurt... It wound up being one of those very rich creamy soups and was good but I had a tough time avoiding the meat in this dish. Will probably pay the price physically as my bod isn't used to that.

I like the sound of the feel good foods you brought home Pet. I should write down that list and eat some of those every day. It has been so much easier for George and I since we started the second raised bed garden. We have been able to stagger plantings a bit so we don't run out of our favorites like green beans, spinach, lettuce as well as silver beet, what we call Swiss Chard in the U.S. If you haven't tried Swiss Chard I highly recommend it. Like its cousin the spinach, it can be eaten either cooked or raw and it seems to have a lovely mild flavor. I have been adding it to soup recipes whether it is called for or not and making vegetable roll ups with the large leaves adding what ever sounds good on the inside before rolling them up and securing with a toothpick.

Oh dear...I had forgotten about earwigs. I too have always been paranoid about them ever since I saw that Star Trek movie. 'The Wrath of Kahn' years ago... I saw some guy probably the expendable extra get an ear wig put in his ear by a sympathetic type bad guy called Kahn. Well it has been at least twenty years since I have seen the movie so forgive me if I mussed up some details. But as you can imagine the thoughts of a critter that resembled our earwig eating through someone's brain sort of did it for me and I always tried to give the little buggers a wide birth.

Yep, Laura, you are right...If I want to see stars I can go into our back yard and sit or lay down on a blanket... Long as I have plenty of mozzie spray. :lol: I used to love camping but we never really roughed it like Pet and the family like to do... always used one of those large camping tents and I would drag along enough paraphanila to make the cooking, eating and dishwashing as comfortable and as modern as possible... What always charmed me about camping was the camp fire in the evening...oh and the yummy treats that one can make from it... :bana: (here I go again talking about food! :roll: )

I'm afraid I won't be much help as I had boys who never wanted to paint their nails or wear make up... and I was a bit of a lazy bone myself and didn't wear much make up even in high school. I did try reshaping my eyebrows once during those impressionable years. :shock: It was a complete disaster and one side of me for awhile tended to look rather surprised while the other side sort of apathetic. :shock: The bottom line, I bet the girls respect your judgement Pet, as you have been fair and haven't steered them wrong thus far. You treat them with respect and fairness and hopefully now is the time when you will reap some of those dividends as they enter this tricky age group. ;)

Okay enough from me...better go...
Love you guys... :loves
Sandy
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

Hi Everyone!

I've not been here for a while again, been very busy. We are moving house (all going well) from the big smoke of London to a quieter pace of life in Yorkshire. We've debated it on and off for years and now just feels like the right time. I hope we're making the right decision, I think so, but obviously it's a BIG life change for us, but I want what's best for the kids and while they're still little (2 and 5) I think now's the time. I got a few 11:11's at certain times that felt like a sign that I was doing the right thing, even though I know 'they' aren't necesarily supposed to guide us or interfere with free will?? Is that true? I think I read you say that somewhere recently Sandy?? They did crop up at very meaningful moments, like the couple who viewed our house, left at 11:11 and I just knew they would want to buy it, and they did....
Also the estate agent (real estate I think in US) that called me at 11:11.

Anyway my husband texted me today to say he had just got an 11:11, but said he still wasn't sure he believed it all. I said just wait and see......hope he starts seeing it too..

Petra, my daughter is not quite 5 and asks me to wear nail varnish ALREADY. I don't wear it, but girls in her class do!"!!! Seemingly nice girls and sensible parents, but to me that sounds way off!! I think another reason to leave LOndon where kids grow up too fast!! Help!!!

Anyway have to rush off, but wanted to stop by and tell you my news, and say hi. Love you guys and hope to speak more soon.

Nicola xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:kiss: Nicola,
It sounds like a great place to be out of London. I think the midwayers were only giving you signs not making your decisions for you. Only rare instances I read will any celestial ever impede your free will. Its rare and from very high if ya know what I mean. It sounds like your just have a little resistance to change go into it as a great adventurer and not resistance and much will open up to you. My husband and I will be off on another adventure in our life and every once in awhile we get worried, but we know we have to do something else other than exist we want to LIVE with much JOY and its not doing what were doing right now.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

petra this image
is beautiful! :)
the sun beckons the soul
amazing
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hiya Everybody, :hithere

I was so happy to see this thread active again. :sunflower:

Nicola! I am so glad you stop in here when you can. You and Your family has been in my thoughts this week as I have been thinking about my 11:11 family. How exciting a move can be. Yes, it can be a little scary especially when leaving what is very comfortable... something you have always known or are accustomed too. But there are so many opportunities to grow with change... many kinds of change for that matter. I must admit i have never really liked change as a whole but I am learning not to view it as "the enemy" at least now... :lol: I still have a long way to go though before I could honestly say I embrace change. I have been getting many 555s. (George too) wonder what is up...and instantly the "old negative Nellie" Sandy kicks in and says..."Uh oh!" :lol:
555 — Buckle your seatbelts. A major life change is upon you. This change should not be viewed as being "positive" or "negative," since all change is but a natural part of life’s flow. Perhaps this change is an answer to your prayers, so continue seeing and feeling yourself being at peace.
But I saw this number many times before I moved to Australia... all is well... "Life's flow"...I like that phrase. It has such a peaceful ring to it don't you think?... ebb and flow...I hope to learn to be at peace with all that life holds some day...

Yes, I think Laura has the right of it... (Hi Laura! :hithere )
I think the midwayers were only giving you signs not making your decisions for you. Only rare instances I read will any celestial ever impede your free will. Its rare and from very high if ya know what I mean.
They're letting you know they are with you and your family whatever you decide, where ever you go.. whatever you do... (Oh I'm hearing a song... in my head... Let me see if I can find it..) Haha this is what I heard... from a song song by Bette Midler... "Wherever We Go"
Wherever we go, whatever we do,
we're gonna go through it together.
We may not go far, but sure as a star,
wherever we are, it's together.

Wherever I go I know he goes.
Wherever I go I know she goes.
No fits, no fights, no feuds
and no egos, Amigos, together!

Through thick and through thin,
all out or all in.
And whether it's win, place or show.
With you for me and me for you,
we'll muddle through whatever we do.
Together, wherever we go.
Laura, I am excited for you too...as you and your hubby strike out on a new adventure. :bana: "We are not alone"... that phrase has always comforted me (when I remember it anyway... :oops: :lol: ) It's a good thing our angels, midwayers and all the "Big Guys" don't forget us, huh? :lol: How's our PP? Has her particular adventure gotten underway yet? Please tell her I love her... Love you too... :kiss:

HP, I also love that photo! The life in it!!!...Wow! It feels like mother earth wove all her many "colors" into that one spot doesn't it? I heard from Pet a couple weeks ago. It was a short little pm letting me know that all is well and they are having computer troubles (she was writing from a computer cafe or something of that nature I think...) I miss her and hope she is back soon.

Love to all my family, :loves
Sandy

Kendra, you are in my thoughts and prayers at this busy busy time, sweetie! Have a great wedding! ..and let the good times roll!!! :bana: :kiss:
angel91124
Family

Post by angel91124 »

I love the Secret, it has changed my life forever and all for the good. It has given me strength I never knew I had, I will forever be grateful for this wonderful "Secret" I pray everyone, everywhere, reads, listens, or watches the Secret and the world will be a much better place for all. Love to all........
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi angel,
I too very much enjoyed The Secret and the very new to me, subject matter a few years ago when Gypsie began this thread. It is interesting, I have read books this past year that were written in the early 1900's and they speak of the things the Secret teaches so as they tout in the book and Dvd it truly isn't a new concept. 8) I am a slow work in progress in this positive thinking department, but I have seen evidence of the Law of attraction and it's outworkings in my Life. So I continue working on in living in the present centered awareness. :D I'm getting there...well hopefully. :finger:
I chuckle at the size of this thread... as you may have noticed we have deviated from time to time from the real reason this thread was started. ;) :lol:
Hugs,
Sandy
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

This is one of my favorite threads. I think, Sandy, you once mentioned it's like being in the kitchen with your friends and having coffee! This is my "comfort" thread! Maybe, that's the "secret"!

Love, Clare
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

That's right Clare! And funnily enough I'm actually in my kitchen now since this is the
room that picks up the ethernet signal best, lol! I got my country chicken in the oven
and it smells gorgeous. the light is nicer here too, facing due south.

We went to Sardinia last week; the inlaws looked after the children well. My father in law,
never one to readily compliment, told Phil on the way to a diy store on their last day, that
our children are simply great. He's not big on kids all that much, loses interest quickly, but
he thoroughly enjoyed their company and told him to keep up the good work!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK??? You're never here mate! :lol: But I didn't mind really.

Love you guys, and I'm sure as heckers glad to be back. Still amazed at how I'm back online
despite no livebox now. Isn't technology just great?

Love, Pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
sammy

Post by sammy »

GOOD Morning all you wonderful people!!!!!

LOVE!!!!!
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John