The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
CutieKenge
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Secret

Post by CutieKenge »

LoL You ladies are so great. This thread just makes me smile so much! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AquaDeb - Your great grandmother sounds like such a sweetie pie! My mom thought I was a boy all the way up until I was born, also. She said I kicked so hard all the time she thought for sure I was a boy. lol :lol:
aqualeaf wrote:Kenge, when reading through people's posts just now, I got the image of "Nubbs" as an adult writing her/his biography, and telling the story of how (s)he got that nickname! :lol:
LoL Hey, maybe my baby will be a great writer someday! :D

Sandy - Hopefully baby will love the nickname as much as we do! lol :kiss: I am very blessed to have you all!

Nicola - (I have ALWAYS loved that name BTW!) Very nice to meet you, too! I have seen you around for quite some time now, but don't think I've ever given an official hello! When I first came one board, I vaguely remember reading some posts you had written before you had your baby and I remember thinking how special this board was. A place so full of support and love!

Clare - so funny you say that you think it's a boy. So many people lately have been randomly saying the same thing you have. lol. We have had a girl's name that we loved for a few years now - and last week we finally came up with a boy's name that we love (which will be a surprise til closer to baby's debut!) And once I started saying the name...I started to feel like the baby IS going to be a boy! It was very strange feeling. :lol: One more month til we find out (hopefully!)

Sorry to be off of the thread's topic, but I am enjoying this coffee (or tea!) house with you all! LUV2

Lots of love,
Kenge
A wise man once said, "Today, let's try to be grateful for the small things..."
And at that moment, all was okay.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello and good evening to all you guys,

Just a quick hello. I need to read the second chapter in Louise Hay's book "You can Heal Your Life and write my thoughts as My daughter-in-law and I are having a discussion ..well, more like working through it together. When I read the first chapter I kept nodding my head up and down...thinking..."Yes...yes...I forgot about that." Isn't it funny as life moves rapidly past and as you go about the business of survival how easy it is to drift into "forgetfulness" again. I guess the powerful habits I've long nurtured most my life are rather tenacious.. :? But I will prevail! (she says with her hands raised high. ;) Oh I can't say that without thinking about Meg Ryan in the movie French Kiss when she was so bound and determined to win her unfaithful boyfriend back from a "French hussy" (her words not mine... :lol: )

Anyway... AquaDeb I must say I have never heard of the "AeroGarden," before but it sounds like a nifty little invention! Basil... Oh, I love Basil! It is my favorite herb... that along with lemon thyme. Have you tried the Basil lemonade yet? I have been busy this past week putting together a new raised garden. Hopefully it will allow us to grow more veggies year round and save us money at the grocery store. This way too I can control what goes into my veggies and what is used to deter insect pests. We tend to have a natural approach in this area.

I was so thrilled to find that George had a small juicer under the cabinet when I came here years ago. It is a small and a probably a cheapie, but it does a dandy job juicing about anything I put into it. We have had a bumper crop of radishes... So we decided to add a few to the veggie juice to give it an interesting kick. I had never thought of radish seeds sprouts but I bet they are delicious... I'll have to see what seeds I can find around here. :thumright:

I haven't forgotten my Mathew story. I'll get to it soon... :D I certainloy need to get better organized. :roll:

Hiya Kenge. How are you feeling sweetie? You said you are about four months along so I hope you are past some of the unpleasantness that some of us experience during the first trimester. Poor Nicola you had a time didn't you sweetie? Are you feeling good, Kenge? Hope so!
I love what Aqua Deb said to you here...
when reading through people's posts just now, I got the image of "Nubbs" as an adult writing her/his biography, and telling the story of how (s)he got that nickname!
LoL Hey, maybe my baby will be a great writer someday!
How wonderful!!! a writer... 8) The world will be his/her Oyster! :sunflower:

Nicola, How are you feeling? Been thinking of you and hoping your pluersy is no more. :finger:

Clare, been thinking of you too. Hows the packing and moving getting on?

Okay better get at good ole chapter 2... :hithere
Love and {{{HUGS}}}
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Hey Sandy,
I can't wait to grow my own veggies, too! I can't do so where I live now, but as soon as I can do so, I will. I hate buying certain conventional fruits and veggies at the store - as you say, this way you can control what is sprayed on them and what they are treated with! I hate the thought of eating anything with harmful pesticides on it. Yuck. I'm glad the farmers market will be back soon. But I have seen the AeroGarden in the store, so that may be a great idea to at least get started!

(Also, I LOVE "You Can Heal Your Life". Funny you mentioned it, because I have been thinking about picking it back up, myself. I have the book and DVD. Great stuff in there!)

Yes, I'm doing very well. I'm doing my best to enjoy this trimester, because I've heard the 3rd brings some of the uncomfortableness back plus some. :) Plus it will be smack in the middle of summer so...haha we'll see. :roll

But I can say this pregnancy has truly been a blessing thus far. I really didn't suffer from any crazy symptoms in the beginning. A little nausea, tiredness, (slight mood swings? lol), but nothing too terrible. Feeling great now. Energy is back, only nausea if I need to eat something, and mood swings aren't affecting me terribly. Although, I see I can still be sensitive to certain things.

For example, a couple days ago, I caught a random show on TV called "I Shouldn't be Alive" and the episode was about a young married couple (21 y.o.'s) who were got caught in a awful blizzard in the middle of nowhere-mountain-country for almost 11 days! No food, no water, no where near the right protective clothing - and to top it off they had their tiny 5 m.o baby with them. :(

Anyway, I was fine the entire show, just amazed at how they made it though - but in the end, when they finally saved the mother and baby (after being out there 9 days, the father had left them to go find help), the rescue driver had an orange in his lunch bag and gave it to the woman and the baby. And when she put that orange up to the baby lips, just trying to give the baby anything she could :baby - I burst out into tears! lol (Im even tearing up thinking about it! :lol: :lol: lol.) I'm a big softy anyway, so pregnancy just amplifies my emotions sometimes, hehe. The story was incredibly touching, though.

Woops! Look at me - typing a novel here! You just asked how I was feeling and I go off on a tangent! lol. :mrgreen: Haha. ;) Guess the baby will have a heads up in the writing department! :lol:
16th week appointment next week, so I will check back and let you know how it goes!

How are you doing??? Anything new and exciting on your end???

Lots of love!!!!
Kendra
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Kendra darling....Here's a bit of fun for you.

Wives tales on determining the sex of your unborn baby...

If your left breast is bigger than the right during pregnancy, you're having a girl. If the right is bigger, it'll be a boy. If they are the same size, you're in for a surprise!

If you carry the baby out front (others can’t see your pregnancy from behind) then you will have a boy. If others can tell that you are pregnant when looking at you from behind, then you will have a girl. Well, IMO this is not true. If you've seen my pics of me on Facebook, there's one of me from behind looking out of the balcony window. I was 8 months with Thalia, hehe!

If the mother's age at conception and the year of conception are both even or both odd, the baby is a girl. If one is even and one is odd, the baby is a boy.

Hang a gold pendant (preferably one the mother wears often) over the palm of the mother’s hand. If the pendant moves in a circular motion, it will be a girl. If it swings back and forth, a boy is on the way.

If you dream of girls, you will have a boy. If you dream of boys, you will have a girl.

If you suffer from acne during pregnancy, you will have a girl.

I feel as though you're carrying a girl. I've always got it right except once, hehe! Oh I dunno, you'll find out soon enough anyway.

Love to All, Pet
ॐ LOVE Petra
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Sandy, Kenge...guess what? I am reading You Can Heal Your Life right now!!!!!! And, I'm on Chapter 3.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Cooool, Petra! I have never heard of most of those.Thanks, love. According to those tales, looks like things are pointing to a girl! (I could answer 4 that indicated a girl, and only 1 for boy.) So maybe you are indeed correct. Another loooong month to go until I find out... :kiss:

Clare, thats so funny! It's great how to books we need come can come to us at just the perfect time. :sunflower:
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

.... Another loooong month to go until I find out... :kiss:

:sunflower:
The flow of time is definitely relative, would you say? :kiss: :baby :loves
:mrgreen:
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi everybody! :hithere
Clare, I am astounded that you are on chapter three too! :shock: 8) That is the chapter I worked on yesterday and wow did it knock me for a loop! (In a good productive way of course.) but getting down to some of those core issues within can be painful. :( Still I will be better for it... I feel a slow healing...I have just begun letting go... letting go is hard for me.. whew...still have my work cut out for me. But getting there and feeling better... a little clearer inside if that makes any sense?
Kendra, I would be sniffling myself at the show you were watching... It sounds heart wrenching in places, but thankfully it had a happy ending. I seem to be more sensitive lately, little things touch my heart and bring tears to my eyes, like the smiles of the precious children and adults in Vivians photos taken from her medical mission in Haiti. If you haven't seen them you can view them in the prayer forum http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/cre ... 1237545774 Hmm hope the link works. :scratch:

Petra where did you find all those great old wives tails regarding the sex of a baby. How funny..but sometimes these things can be fairly accurate, right?

Jodi! Good to see you on the thread! Hey, have I told you lately how much I enjoy seeing that smiling "mug" of yours on the board? You have this fabulous twinkle in your eye that easily comes through in your photo avatars and makes me smile everytime...Its your personality, bud. You know how to lighten and enrich lives, Jodi style. :thumright:

Hope everybody's well! :loves

Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

I love this thread....I sit and have my coffee and feel the love! :loves

Yes, I hope everyone is well! Kenge, keep us posted on our little "niece or nephew"!!!

Love, Clare
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

jfarris wrote:The flow of time is definitely relative, would you say? :kiss: :baby :loves
:mrgreen:
KNOK LoL That is true, most definitely! :love
Sandy wrote:Hmm hope the link works.
Awww it didn't work, but I would love to check them out. I'll check out the prayer forum. :sunflower:
luvinlife wrote:Kenge, keep us posted on our little "niece or nephew"!!!
16th wk appmnt today! I'll keep you posted.

Lots of love to you all,
Kenge
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone

Lovely to connect with you all again....cup of tea in hand...well almost..lol In regards to telling the sex of a baby I have no idea...I remember my mother in law holding a gold chain with a ring on it over my stomach....she received a zing up her arm and the chain went all stiff like a solid piece of wire.... ..... She said, "I don't think someone wants me to know"
So glad you are all well and happy. :kiss:

Love lilly xox :hithere
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Hi Lilly!
Great to see you again. Hope you are well! :sunflower:
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Hello Aunties (and Uncles!)
Told you I'd give you an update:

Appoinment went well. Baby's heart beat is very strong and he/she loves to move around! :baby It's always so exciting.
Also, I get to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks! So I don't have to wait a month after all. Yay! So...we'll see! Talk about suspense!

Gotta run! We're hungry! :lol:

Love,
Kendra
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

Oh Kenge,
You are making me BROODY!!!!!!! Ha ha. That is not good. We're stopping at 2 children......... Got to stop watching those maternity hospital documentaries, i am in floods of tears, while my husband looks sideways at me with a combination of amusement and concern that I might want to do it all over again!!!

In a hurry, got to take Lily to school. Speak later all you lovely people!!

Nicola xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Kenge, you must tell us what you're having!!!! I can't take the suspense! I love all of you! Have a great weekend!

Love, Clare
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good Evening! :lol: I had to laugh because just as I said that I heard Vincent Prices voice saying that in his wonderful deep voice... :shock: Anyway, my heart has been soaring all day, ever since I saw that our Lilly is posting...Lilly you have no idea how much we love you lady... :kiss:

Oh and I got the biggest chuckle out of the story you told of your mother-in-law getting a zinger when she tried to determine whether you were a girl or a boy... :lol: Bet she wasn't expecting that. 8)

Kendra...this is fabulous news!...
Appoinment went well. Baby's heart beat is very strong and he/she loves to move around! It's always so exciting.
Also, I get to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks! So I don't have to wait a month after all. Yay! So...we'll see! Talk about suspense!
I'm with Clare and dying of suspense...Two weeks huh?...okay we can do this ...All us Aunties and Uncles will just keep ourselves busy while we wait. But its hard :lol: so I can just imagine how excited and anxious you guys are. :bounce:

Nicola...this cracked me up!
You are making me BROODY!!!!!!! Ha ha.
:lol:

I am sort of like that too but rather with Grandchildren in mind. :mrgreen: :lol:

I'm sending all you darlins lots of love tonight! {{{Hugs}}}
Love, :kiss:
Sandy
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Nicolaco wrote:Oh Kenge,
You are making me BROODY!!!!!!! Ha ha. That is not good. We're stopping at 2 children......... Got to stop watching those maternity hospital documentaries, i am in floods of tears, while my husband looks sideways at me with a combination of amusement and concern that I might want to do it all over again!!!

In a hurry, got to take Lily to school. Speak later all you lovely people!!

Nicola xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LoL Nicola.Well, you never know! Sometimes they decide on their own when it's time to experience the earth plane! lol :lol:
I used to watch Wedding shows non-stop. Now it's baby shows! (And books, and websites, stores...LoL)
Your children are beautiful! (Seeing from your Avi) But they do grow fast, don't they?? That's both happy and sad, as my mom always said. You enjoy seeing them grow with each stage of life...but you do miss the baby years.That's how I feel about my nephews. They are almost 3 now! (I still can't believe that.) This is my first baby but I already see how fast things are going!
luvinlife wrote:Kenge, you must tell us what you're having!!!! I can't take the suspense!
Sandy wrote:I'm with Clare and dying of suspense...Two weeks huh?...okay we can do this ...All us Aunties and Uncles will just keep ourselves busy while we wait. But its hard so I can just imagine how excited and anxious you guys are.
Haha, yes! :bana: Anxious is definitely the correct word. He can't wait for the baby to be born already! :lol:
Plus I see all these cute clothes and baby things...and have no idea which gender to buy for! haha. But we did buy our first baby item a few days ago! They are very adorable newborn shoes. Saw them and fell in love. We coudln't resist! They can go either way, so it was a good buy.

But there I go again. I just have babies on the brain! I can't help it! hehe :sunflower:

Love & Hugs,
Kenge & Nubbs
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Guys! GUESS WHAT??? You'll never guess........

Phil...........wants.............to...........try............for...........another...........baby!!!
I said: "It's Spring! You're always feeling broody in Spring!" (Surprised we don't have any Winter kids!)
He's babbling on about names, like Maximus and the like! and we haven't even...ya know??? done it yet!
But the thought crossed my mind once or twice. I had a dream, a baby dolphin sprang from the ocean
plopped into my lap (i was on a boat) and it felt like it was my baby! WEIRD!

The clocks went forward and it's funny, but I feel so much lighter and calmer than in a long time.
I've been getting my artistic urges back...told everyone on my Facebook I'm gonna
rustle up a pic of Jack Nicholson and I'm still on the pooter...Lilly? Maybe tomorrow, hahaha! If I
don't start the Wilbur Smith novel Phil keeps telling me to read. Been nagging me for weeks.

I wrote on another thread, some of the wily charachters in the town asked Phil to volunteer to be
Jesus this year and carry the heavy cross all around Cervione. Each year the town ask a "sinner" and a man
to boot, to take up this role. Phil wasn't impressed, but I was. I laughed my head off.
"D'ya have to wear a loin cloth, like yer man last year?" I wanted to know!
"Pretty much!" he cried. Then flexing his newly built up muscles, due to his work, he said:
"I reckon I could whip that cross around the town TWICE, and holding up aloft; not on my back!"
Seriously. He said a cool thing to the men who'd asked. Told them he reckoned Jesus would probably prefer
to see man being loving to one another, rather than re-enacting his way to Calvary. "Besides," he said. "I'm
not a Catholic!" Apparently it doesn't matter. Oh well!! I'd better git...there's a blank piece of paper behind me
crying: "Draw on me mistress! Pleeeeease!"

Love to you All, my lovely gorgeous 11:11 family! Pet XXXXXXXXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

OH I am SO excited at the very idea Petra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon God thinks you two are such wonderful parents that it's time to place another soul in you care, and he's been quietly plugging the idea to you both. What a weird but brilliant dream about the dolphin! I reckon you've got a lot to answer for KENGE aswell!!!! HA ha.

How old is Manny? Is he the youngest? How do you feel about starting all over again??

Ha ha, I think I'm going to live this vicariously through you, I'm stupidly excited. Think these 11:11 guys are slipping something into our water.....all this baby talk..... broodiness.....think they're speeding this correcting time along by popping out as many 11ers as possible.

I'll have to calm myself down with a camomile tea! Who am I kidding I can't stand the stuff!!! Black coffee, two sugars. That's more like it.

Love and peace to you all.
So happy.
Nicola xxxxxxxxxxx
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

I just absolutely adore this thread! Petra, I'm glad things are going "okay" for you! I'm too old for another...and my two teenagers are draining me (love them so much)....but I'm at that in between mom and grandma stage!

Love, Clare
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

luvinlife wrote:I just absolutely adore this thread! Petra, I'm glad things are going "okay" for you! I'm too old for another...and my two teenagers are draining me (love them so much)....but I'm at that in between mom and grandma stage!

Love, Clare
Go on Clare, you don't look to old to me, have another.......nothin to it ;) ;)

I tried this one on my wife in our mid forties and mine were teenagers then. First she said
after laughing, " sure, bring me a man capable of doing the deed." But, honey , I can
get this reversed, after which I was told" go to H E two sticks." I'm guessing that (hell)
would mean heleven . :lol: :lol:
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Roxie, said it earlier, so I'll say it again, you're hilarious.

I am deffo too old to have another child. 42! But both my grans had their 6 children that went full term
and when they had their last, they were both in their 40's. This would be my 6th child.
My oldest is almost 23. Manny is 9, 10 in July.
Phil said: "After Maximus is born, we'll have to have another...can't have the child growing up without
a play mate!!!" Is he for real??? Obviously he doesn't know ANYTHING about PAIN except to be one! :lol:
The girls said to me: "Oh pleeease do have one mum,we'll look after it!" I'm like, "It's not a dolly!
Or a Tamagotchi! These things poop, puke and make noise!" :lol:
Initially I wasn't much impressed with Phil's comment yesterday: "Ah Pet, you were born to have children!"
That all? :( But there again, what greater thing is there than having a child of God? What will be, will be!

Clare? I've been thinking of you a lot lately...I hope all's well.

Kendra, will you find out the sex earlier then? I'll make a bet! I bet 5 dancing bananas it will be a girl, hehe

Love you all so much, Pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Image Holey doley! Image
Petra wrote:
Phil...........wants.............to...........try............for...........another...........baby!!!
:sunflower: Oh Wow! Babies everywhere! I love it! :sunflower:

I'm with Clare and Nicola though, and I'm afraid my "broodiness" at age 50 will just have to go unheeded! :mrgreen: sigh...But I had to laugh in thinking back about the way I found out about my nephew's upcoming baby. My Dad was talking to me on skype (speakerphone) with mom sitting in an easy chair just behind him (video cam ;) ) Anyway, Dad says..." Oh by the way, I just found out we're gonna have a *********(static on the net waves).... baby! (should have been "great grand baby" :roll: ) Image For just a split second, I thought I was gonna have a baby sister or brother which would be quite a feat since Mom and Dad are in their middle seventies...Image Oh but it was so good to hear the roar of laughter from my mother when she realized the direction my thoughts had gone. I love to hear her laugh like that... :loves
Love,
Sandy
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Petra Wilson wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Roxie, said it earlier, so I'll say it again, you're hilarious.

I am deffo too old to have another child. 42! But both my grans had their 6 children that went full term
and when they had their last, they were both in their 40's. This would be my 6th child.
My oldest is almost 23. Manny is 9, 10 in July.
Phil said: "After Maximus is born, we'll have to have another...can't have the child growing up without
a play mate!!!" Is he for real??? Obviously he doesn't know ANYTHING about PAIN except to be one! :lol:
The girls said to me: "Oh pleeease do have one mum,we'll look after it!" I'm like, "It's not a dolly!
Or a Tamagotchi! These things poop, puke and make noise!" :lol:
Initially I wasn't much impressed with Phil's comment yesterday: "Ah Pet, you were born to have children!"
That all? :( But there again, what greater thing is there than having a child of God? What will be, will be!

Clare? I've been thinking of you a lot lately...I hope all's well.

Kendra, will you find out the sex earlier then? I'll make a bet! I bet 5 dancing bananas it will be a girl, hehe

Love you all so much, Pet xxx
Only 42! Nah, your good for another two or three ;) Pain......apparently..... yea. My older sister often uses
this simile when describing child birth. "Have you ever tried to pull your lips around a football?" :shock: :shock:

My oldest son would have been 23 in Aug of this year . I have a Son 20 and a daughter 18, both of whom are in
university. I would have loved to have another two or three, but this is too difficult for two working parents .
Bring on the Grand Children :bana: :bana:
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

I have my boy, I have my girl....I'm DONE! Sandy, that was so funny about your parents! P.S. Roxie, I'm way past babymaking days! Born in 1957, yes indeed.

Love, Clare