The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi All,
I bought some White tea called Silver Needles and one called Dragon Pearls.. It is full of anti oxidants and doesn't go bitter tasting like green tea....you can drink as much as you like and it is supposed to be helpful in preventing and helping heal existing bowel cancers, prostate problems..and generally clearing the body and strengthening it. It is quite expensive so I could only get 30grams of each to start with.
Also Gabba tea for anxiety....you can re-use the little leaves over and over, throughout the day, and get lots of cups out of a small amount.
I am being guided now and have absolute faith in the Higher Power. An opportunity has come for me to sing again in the future :D :D :D I have lots to do...with job seeking as well.
Love to you all
lilly xoxox :cheers:
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
memawlaura
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by memawlaura »

Hello from New Mexico, the enchanted land.

The weathers not so enchanting though, its raining. Land as far as you can see and so much beautiful artwork on the roadways. There overpasses have beautiful earth colors with tribal artwork, heck they even have large pottery in the middle of the Interstate, its as tall as me almost. Just a beautiful high energy area. I wish I could have stopped to see my sister but no real time have to get to phoenix. I plan on stopping though at some rock shops and getting some great bargains on some crystals and rocks, its like being a kid in a candy store. I'm very close to Sedona and I will be passing within about 30 or so miles of it so I will being thinking of all of you and your spirits joining me. When doing your meditations join me in spirit.

Good luck Lilly with your abundance with employment.

Gotta Go talk with you later!!!
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi all you lovely people,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello and pick your brains for a little information. Lilly you and PP know a great deal about nutrition and healthful practices don't you? (well this question is open to anyone who can offer some insight and knowledge.) George and I have made a commitment to eating fresh healthy foods... (yes we've turned over another new leaf once again. :roll: but hopefully this time we will stay commited.) So my question is what are the best natural ways to rid your body of accumulated toxins? Hope that question made sense.

Tonight I think I am making Fresh vegetable chop suey. Takes forever to sliver the many fresh vegetables into skiny shreds but it is worth the effort and tastes just as good as any cooked chopped suey I have eaten.

Hope every one is well. Laura, are you and Rob still on the road? If so where are you heading these days? I can't help but think of all of you as I begin meditation and thank God for the blessings of such dear friends who have shown such wisdom, encouragement and love as I continue to find my spiritual footing.

(((Love))) to all of you,
Sandy
Aqua Deb, you are on my mind and in my heart right this moment. Sending love to you and your partner from across the Sea. :kiss:
ssjenn
Busy Bee

HI Sandy

Post by ssjenn »

I just started a 40 day fast today. I was thinking that it might be enlightening and would free my body of toxins. Plus I think I'll save money on toilet paper. Very environmentally friendly.
You are all that you need to be.
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Well i hear the experts say that the most effective way to clear toxins from your body is to simply drink lots of water and get a good nights sleep.....

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey SSJenn,

A forty day fast! :shock: Wow! I don't think I could ever detox quite that much. Got a chuckle from the environmental friendly part of it... :lol: but surely you drink some liquid nurishment of some kind? Hope you do well well and you feel like a million bucks when it is over...( a hungry million bucks but healthy all the same :) ) Please let us know how it is going okay?

Hi Sarah,
Water I can do. :wink: We have slowed down a bit on the coffee with the intention of elimminating it completely in the near future. I have been making a few more fresh veggie juices every day. Sort of getting back into our raw fruit and veggie routine we observed while Beaver was with us.
You like your smoothies don't you? I am sort of embarassed to say that I have never had a smoothie! However, Beaver gave me a powerful little personal blender for my B-day and the recipe booklet that came with it has some great sounding smoothie recipes. So time to find out what everybody is talking about. :wink:

Thanks both of you for your imput!
Love,
Sandy
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Hi Sandy, i used to like my smoothies, my health's out the window now.....

Good luck ssjen with your 40 day fast.... hope you don't suffer too much..

Much love,

Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Sandy,
Lots of water and White tea....excercise and also good breathing acts like a bellows to the fire of digestion. I can be slack myself sometimes and go right off track....lol xox :shock:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Lilly...Even with my intention set, I still have difficulty remembering the water thing. Just need to make it a habit and keep working at it. I think I am so used to being dehydrated I don't even notice the dried out feeling anymore. :(

We took a long walk today. It felt so good the sun on our backs, and afterwards, the knowledge that we did something good for our bodies also seemed to feed our sense of well being as well. I'll sleep like a rock tonight. :thumright:
Hugs,
Sandy
rebir7h
Busy Bee

Post by rebir7h »

i got a question since we're on the health topic-

what are your opinions on the master cleanse? anyone?

www.themastercleanse.org
Bluebelle235
Family

Post by Bluebelle235 »

Here is the link to a 7 day detox plan - very do-able (not that I have done it yet!!) and no starvation!!

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/di ... x/plan.htm

~Blessings~
rebir7h
Busy Bee

Post by rebir7h »

thanks for that link- i'm debating which one to do- cheers! :D
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Hi All!

This from Sandy:
I think I am so used to being dehydrated I don't even notice the dried out feeling anymore.
You know I have arrived at this same conclusion before concerning myself. And I would be willing to bet that it is also true of the majority of adults ( at least in the US).

But on the subject of fasting, I have been doing 2 and 3 day fasts , basically every 3-5 days, for I guess the better part of a month now. In that month I have lost from ~ 228lbs to ~213lbs. EXCELLENT results in my world. I haven't weighed in below 225 in 10 or 15 years, at least! :D

Last Thanksgiving I was at my heaviest, of my life! Tipping the doc's scale at 275lbs. So up to now, cumulative loss of 63lbs and heading well below 200 by late summer or fall!!

I am so glad that I finally decided to exercise my will in this matter. Restoring the proper relationship of body and mind. Mind being in control of body.

BTW, I am feeling better than i think I ever have at any point in my life! To say this at age 36, and really mean it, is simply awesome.
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Ayup Campers!!! I'm in a Yorkshire mood, talkin' all like that, so I am!!

Here's a cool site on healthful foods: WHFoods Worth a ganders?

Well, I haven't been eating crappy foods lately because it's simply too hot to, and therefore I've been drinking liters of water too! Sarah's quite right about drinking next to your body weight in water every day...my skin's glowing. (Or perhaps that's menopausal perspiring, hahahahahaha!!)

My family came and went and I miss them terribly, especially my brother-in-law and nephew. We got on so well than ever before. Sometimes I wish we all didn't live so far apart. Then again, if we all lived in the same street I'd be making plans to move anyway...

Hey Jody (It is Jody isn't it??) That's brilliant. I'm very glad you're losing the pounds and you're looking good my friend!!

Wish I could change my picture. I just can't seem to do it nowadays, and I ain't stoopid when it comes to figuring out how to reduce a pic. This machine seems a bit more updated than the other ones...and I haven't been playing about on it that much since I bought it.
Oh shuddap Pet and get some house work done!! :lol:

LOVE you All, gonna make a big cup of tea. Pet XXXXXXXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
ssjenn
Busy Bee

Fasting Day 4

Post by ssjenn »

It's nice to see that other people are fasting as well and haven't died!

I have asked for help from guides and angels and God with this and so far have had no ill side effects. I did eat about 5 cherries yesterday and 1 the day before so I still consider myself fasting. Lots of water.

Regarding coffee, my intention was never to deprive myself but to check in with my willpower and try to cleanse. I have reduced coffee intake but not eliminated it because it is such a habit. LOVE COFFEE. I have given up wine and beer though. I figure the effects of no food and alcohol would be debilitating.

I had a few headaches the first three days but those are gone and am looking forward to day 40. My son made me promise I would take him for pizza that day.

I have lost 10 oounds so far so that is a pleasant side effect. Its probably all water but I have been drinking water.

Jen
You are all that you need to be.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

hmmmmm,,,,

seems like 'it's a trend',,,,well not really a 'trend',,,

but lots on the path,,,to eat healthier,,,drink more water,,,release more toxins...

replace with healthy living foods...

I've been doing ion detoxing for a couple of people and plan to do a session myself (since I have the machine)...

but wanted to deal with toxin removal the natural way first,,,,more water please....

sometimes I flavour it up with a squirt of lemon,,,,or some mint fresh picked...

eating 'alot' more alive food these days,,,,,more nuts, grains, vegs, fruit and herbs.

experiementing,,,,making my own seasonings and dressings,,,staying away from the 'processed' stuff....

amazing how it empties out the refigerator !!!!!

:lol: :lol: more room for 'fresh' food....

I also built a few drying racks, and have already done a harvest, of tarragon, lemon mint, spearmint, hyssop, basil,

next to go on is, oregano, comfrey and some 'new' nettle...

and I managed to pick St.Johns Wort, Rosemary, Lavender and got them in oil on the window,,,,be done in a couple of months (if we get some sun).

also got two more 5 gal containers of honeycombs ,,,,and that's a chore. but one that can wait,,,,it doesn't go bad....miracle stuff honey is...

it's damp and dull today,,,,only 17 C.....we had 30 C two days ago...
wouldn't mind some nice inbetween temps for a couple of weeks....

can't seem to get caught up on my regular emails,,,, :shock:

talked to Laura yesterday,,,,they had just come out of Dakota and were travelling through Montana,,,,she said the hills were really beautiful,,,but everytime they went down one,,,,we lost connection till they went back up again....it was quite funny really....

just got a phone call so now have to get ready to go meet them,,,they're only in town once a week from up north island,,,and I have to go into town anyway,,,so ta rah for now lovelies...

pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

Hello everyone, I'm almost home driving through Washington as I type this. My poor old body needs some R&R after this time out with the hubby. It seemed everywhere we went rain was sure to follow, it has been extremely strange, like someone was trying to clean me up :lol: Sort of like if your not going to drink water we will put it in your pours :lol: :lol: . In fact its raining right now, yesterday and almost everyday.

Sandy, did you not see my post that I was hovering around Sedona, AZ and collecting rocks along my way. Yes, I've been out with my husband for 7 weeks and I will be taking the same amount of time and getting some dental work done at home. I'm concluding some stuff in Oregon and Rob and I are looking for a new start somewhere, just not sure where. I will be looking for those signs of course. My daughter wants us to move back to Louisiana (talk about rain) and PP wants me to come up her way. I think I will just take sometime to see where I belong.

It seems many know to start eating and being healthier, I'm like you Sandy I'm just beginning to stop certain things. Beef has been the first to go and now I'm working on the next one. I really need to get into food and exercise while I have the chance this next few weeks. I may even go pay PP a visit if I can get my enhanced driver's license to cross the border. I will see how it goes I have much to do this time home to prepare for the changes I expect coming this year.

If your wanting to detox yourself try using some of those foot pads in the stores that removes some toxins, drink plenty of water and avoid new contaminants.

To everyone else sending you much love.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello again everybody...I am a few days behind and there is so much to think about ...Thanks for the links bluebell, turtle, and Pet. I found a lot of good information there as with every one else who posted with detoxing help for this beginner.

I've started with more water and had a wonderful smoothie earlier today. Beaver's machine works like a charm! But I better not say to much about food with our dear fasters on board.
Jody, that is wonderful! You are well on your way to a stronger healthier you!
You said:
I am so glad that I finally decided to exercise my will in this matter. Restoring the proper relationship of body and mind. Mind being in control of body.
It is a matter of setting your will isn't it? That is where I have a bit of trouble because I had an early history of "food abuses." I used to eat I think to escape and find comfort. But it doesn't have to stay that way does it? I am not that chubby little girl anymore and I don't have to think like that anymore. "Mind being in control of body"... everything works out much better when there is harmony between the two ... three with the spirit self.
BTW, I am feeling better than i think I ever have at any point in my life! To say this at age 36, and really mean it, is simply awesome.
You are awesome Jody! ... :cheers:

Jen, How are you doing today? Feeling strong and motivated? I can certainly understand the coffee...I love it too...really think George and I need to cut back on it though. At least he isn't putting sugar in it anymore... Do you like tea as well?

PP, you have been a busy camper! How do you have time to do all that you do? Wonder woman comes to mind! :wink: Still it must feel good seeing all the herbs safely dried and ready to use! What do you do with all that wonderful honey?

I made some healthy homemade dressings from the raw cookbook beaver gave me and you are so right...fresh homemade tastes so much better than the processed dressings and foods. Our food spread out on the conveyer belt at the market looked much different today then usual. And really much to my surprise the prices weren't too bad because it wasn't full of high priced junk food like chips and. ..sigh...cookies. Hmmm better keep remembering what is important here... :roll:

Laura did you and Rob get to connect with PP? I am so happy to hear you will be home for a little bit and that you are going to get the opportunity to have that dental work taken care of. Oh, you mentioned the detox pads... Seems like Anne used some of those a year ago. You know I was thinking about the foot detox that I had last year while at Geoff's. I felt sort of yucky afterwards even though I was drinking the recommended water. It put me off a bit but now I'm thinking it may have all been part of the process as the toxins are being flushed from the body with water. :scratch:

Well anyway...I a'm on my second big ole glass of water since I started typing so I'd better wrap this up. :shock:
Talk to you healthy guys and gals later...
Love,
Sandy
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

Yeah Sandy,
It appears most of all detox causes some changes and discomfort but thats because the poisons have left the building and the body has to adapt to the changes. I plan on doing a few while home one is with juices which is a cleansing to do the 'holies of holy' but it can and most likely will cause some ill affects until my body rids all the toxins and adjusts. Now for your coffee go decaf gives same pleasure with taste and can have 5 cups before it equals one cup.

I will chat some more with you all later, I'm going to read some stuff to the hubby.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Laura,
I was just thinking about your decaf coffee and smiling as I remembered something that happened almost twenty years ago. I used to work at a preschool and the teacher and I took turns every day bringing in a thermos of coffee to share with each other at lunch. About three months into this routine and as the subject of coffee came up one day, I began with much bravado, chest out thumbs in my pockets..."I don't like decaf, just the real stuff!" She looked over at the mug in your hand and said "What do you think you are drinking right now and raving on about?" I guess she had been bringing in decaf all this time and I hadn't noticed any difference... :oops:

Hope everyone is having a good day/evening out there?
Hugs,
Sandy
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sandy she sure got you there didnt she?
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: Yep she sure did..and to this day she still hasn't let me forget it either. :roll: :lol: XX Sandy
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone
I'll put the kettle on right now, This is a cyber coffee house....You can have whatever you like. Cakes, pies, pavlova, chocolate, muffins, :D scones....cornbread... :lol: :lol: :lol: All served with a healthy dose of laughter. :cheers:
Sandy the decaf story is hilarious...lol
Love lilly xoxox
gypsie

Post by gypsie »

Hi everyone just droping in to have a quick cuppa and say hello :hithere
Sandy years ago I did that and from memory the book I used was named Raw Energy. I will see if it's still kicking around the house are you coming to Geoffs Sydney meet up? I could bring the book, a little carrot for you :lol:

Love and hugs to everyone Deb :cheers:
Love is an action and not a word...
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone,

I've been wanting to stop by our cyber coffee house and connect with you all for quite some time now, so I'm going to try it tonight as I wonder once again if I can learn to write a bit shorter posts so that I can post more often even when busy! :lol: It's evident to me that we're all connected and communicating mind-to-mind all the time -- when the discussion on this thread first turned to detoxing and fasting, I just so happened to be reading about and contemplating the very same topics at that time (even though I haven't gotten the chance to write in until now), and still am. Ron and I have gradually drifted away from the Ornish-type diet we were following closely and getting such good weight-loss results from last summer, so I've been rereading his books and preparing to get us organized to shift back more into that mode again. It's basically a very low-fat diet that emphasizes mostly fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes, small amounts of nuts and seeds as the main sources of fat, and fat-free, if any, dairy products. Such a diet seems to cause the body to detox gradually over time, as well as prevent and even reverse lots of different dis-eases.

I've also been reading about supplementing this type of diet with periodic small 3-or-4-day fasts with a combination of juices, vegetable broths and herbal teas, which further speeds up the detox and weight-loss processes. So we're all very much on the same wavelength here! :D Those of you who are fasting and detoxing, I'll be glad to hear updates on what methods you're using, how it's going, and what kind of results you're getting. :D

Our eBay art (ACEO) sales that we started in the beginning of March are doing pretty well, and keeping us pretty busy. I just reached a feedback score of 111 earlier today -- Woo-hoo! :colors: Ron's sales started out a little slower than mine, but seem to be picking up a lot in the last month or so, so we're both optimistic and hoping to keep business growing! One cool thing about it is that we need to keep producing art pretty much daily, so it really is keeping us both constantly in touch with the creative flow, and we are both seeing our skills improving over time as a natural consequence of getting so much constant practice! Plus, it's lots of fun as well! :colors:

Sandy, I was happy that you mentioned thinking of me a few posts back in this thread! :D I haven't been recalling many dreams lately, but I vaguely remembered dreaming I was talking to you and George sometime in the past few weeks, and one night, Laura, I vaguely remembered dreaming I was talking to you as well -- and those are just the dreams I can recall -- like I said earlier, I'm sure we're all communicating mind-to-mind and in dreams much of the time, whether we're consciously aware of it or not! :D

Well, okay, I'm going to stop here for now, while it's still a short post for me! :lol: I love you all, and it's magnificent being a part of this wonderful group and being connected to you all! :colors: :colors: :colors: I hope to write in again sooner this next time around! :D

Love to All LUV2,
Aqua Deb