The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
~*Star_Struck*~
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

Sandy wrote:Good morning or I guess now afternoon Star...
I caught up with some visiting family, which was nice.. sometimes you don't realise how much you'd missed a person until you see them.. then you don't want them to leave..
I know what you mean. I have always dreaded those tearful good byes after a visit with loved ones. Seems all my life I have inadvertantly always lived far away from my family. Don't think I can get much further than I am now and still be on planet earth.
:lol: Yup, know what that's like. ALL of my family (except for mum, dad & two sisters) reside in the UK. I wish i had more family here, i really do.

'Twas my partner's twin brother who visited on the weekend. The three of us are very close and it made me feel so good to see him again, even if he had been gone just three weeks! He is my boyf's brother, but in many ways, he is my brother too.

Hope your day has been excellent

Love
Star
Now i know the answer to the question:
Do dreams come true?
Still staring at the world
Through my rear view.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Sandy and everyone,

me too Sandy,,
Seems all my life I have inadvertantly always lived far away from my family. Don't think I can get much further than I am now and still be on planet earth.

I used to love the Christmas season, but now...I'll just be glad when it is over..December is a hard month for me. (Time to spend some time with my head on God's shoulder I think...

my sentiments exactly.....I often wonder,,,why do I still do all this decorating,,,until I realized it's the way I enjoy my Christmas with Spirit...

if it makes you feel good....do it.... so I still am decorating....

Laura and her husband had a run in with a rather negative policeman at a weigh in station.....she said,,,,he was going to 'arrest' Robert on a compliancy charge.....for being too compliant !!!

she just kept telling hubby to 'breathe' and she was sending love and blessings....

they got away without even a warning....in the end....but it sounded pretty scary....

send her lots of love while they're road tripping.....they are now headed back out to New Jersey,,,,,and aren't really sure if they're going to get to go south....so let's keep positive thoughts going for them to get south...

love and light to everyone,,,

pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everyone...Felt like decorating for christmas! Image
Thanks PP for your understanding. I am listening to a Luciano Pavarotti christmas Cd as I type this. Gosh I am always brought to tears when I hear his maginificent voice. (In a good way :) Without a doubt he is my all time favorite tenor. Music helps..I forget that sometimes...Next on my list, some of my peppy Christmas favorites. Image
send her lots of love while they're road tripping.....they are now headed back out to New Jersey,,,,,and aren't really sure if they're going to get to go south....so let's keep positive thoughts going for them to get south...
I will PP and I will pray that she and her very patient hubby...(so wonderful the way he and Laura handled the negative policeman :D ) get to be with her family down south as Christmas approaches. I remember how badly Laura wants to see her Grandson.

Image I am glad you gort to visit with your 'brother " again Star. I understand completely the way you feel about him. I feel like that about so many people...you included on this board. It is hard for people who have never experienced the connectedness to understand how we can love and so completely understand to the point of sometimes feeling what they are feeling, people we have never met. I guess I am thinking of a short conversation I had with my sister this morning. She worries about me sometimes..that I have no friends and no activities that fulfill the need for human communication in my life. :lol: Bless her loving heart. I was trying to help her understand...the connectivity of spirit..not sure I explained it very well. I love her to pieces...She's one of my human heros and an amazing light worker although she hasn't a clue that she is...

Hope everyone is having a nice morning afernoon or evening. ...Image
Love you all..my dear siblings all over the world

Image XXSandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Everybody! Oh Sandy, your last post cheered me up no end!

I dunno if you read on the Mod forum that my email to you disappeared just before I sent it! It seems to only occur with your mails! :cry:
I just uploaded some new photies on my Facebook, so I'll paste you the link if you like?
My sister's the same, she frets that I must be going mad up here with no friends, family or anything. But I have Phil & the kids and that's fine for me.
Least I'm still on the same continent though? Sending you lots of loving thoughts at this oft depressing time of the year!
Beaver will be there soon, no?

Love to you all, Pet xxx

[/quote]
ॐ LOVE Petra
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

KUDOS TO YOU SANDY

congratulations,,,,your smileys and decorating is WONDERFUL

you have really figured it out,,,,,and I'm just really too lazy to try,,,actually I just get too frustrated to keep trying...

OMG :shock: :shock:

I just had a flash idea and tried it,,,and looky here,,,i managed to put in your Christmas tree...whooooo whooooo!!!

can't believe it,,,,,now how do I save it ????

oh this is cool....

thanks Sandy,,,,the best Christmas present ever....

much love to you and everyone....

pp xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
~*Star_Struck*~

Morning everyone :D
Hope you're all having a wonderful day.

Today is Paul's pay day.. which means i'll probably come home to a houseful of swords and xbox games. :x :sword: :duh Men! Then again, he probably feels the same way about my shoes. I just hope he gets his christmas shopping done too!

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
Sher
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Sher »

Today was the day of our Soroptimist Christmas Luncheon and my first turkey. It came out fine. We served between 250 & 300 people, pretty good for a small town. At $10 a ticket it was quite a fund raiser for our chapter. We should be able to do a lot for women and girls in the next year with the proceeds.

I'm exhausted now. I arrived at the church at 8 am and didn't stop until after 4:30. (I'm a night person, 2 AM is my usual bedtime) It was a great day.

Next week, putting together 400 food baskets for the food bank give away.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! :santa:
Intolerance is Intolerable.

Only those willing to risk going too far can find out how far they can go.
- T.S. Eliot
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Bless Your Heart Sher for doing such a wonderful service...

Glad to hear the turkey turned out great...

I'm sure it was well appreciated....

love and blessings
pp
Daily Affirmation:
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi all you Beauty-Beings :hithere,

Finally, a chance to sit down and do some semblance of catching up on this thread! :shock: :D First, I'll just update you all on what's been going on with me, then I'll respond to your posts in a separate post to try to keep the length manageable. :roll: :lol:

I think I'm finally finished with most of the Christmas shopping and holiday mailing and so on -- I've been spreading it out over three months now, and it's been fun to see the pile under our tiny Christmas tree, on its tiny table, gradually growing and spreading out to the floor and surrounding surfaces! :lol: We had a fun Thanksgiving week of feasting -- I spent two or three days straight making low-fat, gluten-free versions of everything so that we could stay on our eating plan as much as possible, while at the same time denying ourselves nothing! :D

In addition to the traditional turkey, stuffing, candied yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, green-bean casserole and cranberry sauce, I also made the traditional pumpkin pie (Ron's favorite) and a cherry pie, and served it with fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, which passes well enough for ice cream! :D The particular combination of gluten-free flours I ended up using to make the pie crust based on whatever I happened to have on hand ended up making a batter too soft to roll out :roll:, so I ended up just spreading it in the bottom of the pie pans with a spatula, then just dropping blobs of it over the top (for the cherry pie) :lol:, and, to my surprise, it actually turned out pretty well :shock:, and without all the work of using the rolling pin! -- I accidentally discovered a new shortcut! :D :lol: I'll probably make most of the same things again for Christmas, maybe just changing a couple of dishes for variety. This time, I think I may try making an apricot pie in place of cherry. :colors:

I've continued "priming my creativity pump" again (after what seems to have been a long "fallow period" for our art, following our rather exhausting move over the summer) by doing the ATCs (artist trading cards) that I mentioned last time! :D Just in the past week or so, I've begun receiving other people's cards from the swaps I've joined, and it's been such fun, since each person's style is so unique, and each card is so different from everyone else's! :D It's been really fun joining these ATCs groups and beginning swapping ATCs this time of year, because it's like getting bunches of wonderful little Christmas gifts in the mail all month long! :colors: I'm continually adding new ATC photos to my website as I'm making them, at http://www.aquadeb.com/artgallery.html#atc (new ones are added at the bottom of the ATC section, so keep scrolling down!); feel free to check back from time to time to see what I've been up to! :D

I haven't been doing any more silk painting again yet, though I'll probably be doing so soon -- the chaotic and stormy artists' co-op we left behind when we moved this summer (as you all no doubt remember from my posts back then! :roll:), where we ended up keeping some of our stuff on consignment, ended up closing down (after a bit more drama, which we were thankfully mostly spared! :roll:), and later reopening a new gallery in a new building in the next town over, with a new name, and without the worst offenders from the previous group :thumleft:, so things are apparently going much better now. :colors: They just had their opening day last week, sold some of our stuff, and have asked us to make six more scarves :D, so that'll conveniently give me a little push to get me re-started on the silk painting again too! :thumleft:

This week is the annual "Molé Week" at our favorite gourmet Mexican restaurant, so we've gone there to eat multiple times this week, and been fruit-smoothie fasting the rest of the time to make up for it :lol: -- a strategy that's actually been working pretty well so far! :colors: My favorite of the subtly, complexly-flavored molés (sauces) so far, served over chicken, had almonds, peanuts and hazelnuts in it! :colors: It's a great extra holiday festivity to have it occur in December as well! :D Here in the U.S., where Thanksgiving is such a major holiday and occurs so close to Christmas, it kind of makes that holiday feeling last for that entire month in between! :colors:

Well, okay, this first post is plenty long enough :lol:, so I'll stop here for now, then respond to you all in my next post! :D

Lots of love to you all LUV2,
Aqua Deb
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Okay Everyone, though it's hard to catch up on every detail on this increasingly massive thread :shock:, after a couple of interruptions this evening, I can now sit down and respond to your posts as well, so here goes :D ...

Pet, I love the photie of Manny with the 111 prompt he landed next to after falling out of a tree, and what a great prompt story too! :D As others have said, I, too, have been enjoying all your well-told stories of your life in Germany and all these other exotic (to me) places, as well as all your other great family photies! :D

PP, thanks for passing along updates on Laura's adventures, and thanks too for the link to scribd.com; it looks like there's a lot of great stuff on there; I'll have to browse through it at length sometime! I've also been enjoying your and everyone else's Christmas-decorating stories! You and Sandy have both been doing great decorating this thread with all those fun festive smilies as well! :D I sort of stopped my holiday decorating with just the little Christmas tree and our two stockings on the wall above it, and have just been hanging/propping up ATC's all around the tree area for extra decoration as I receive them in the mail from all the swaps I've been doing! :D

Sandy, thanks a bunch for your positive feedback on my ATCs! :D I'm sorry that December is a tough time for you, being far away from family in the States. :cry: But it is good that you are still connected to them mind-to-mind and heart-to-heart, and to all your extensive spiritual family of both mortals and Invisibles as well :kiss: -- I loved your quote:
Sandy wrote:It is hard for people who have never experienced the connectedness to understand how we can love and so completely understand to the point of sometimes feeling what they are feeling, people we have never met.

That's beautiful and uplifting, and really captures the beauty of what it's like being a part of this wonderful 11:11 family! :sunny: No matter where we are in the world, or how physically isolated it may seem, none of us are ever alone, and I always find that very comforting! :colors:

Gloria, what a cool synchronicity that you are about to start creating ATC's/ACEO's as well; you are in for some fun! :colors: I'll warn you, it's kind of addictive! :lol: Keep us updated on your progress with them, if you feel so inclined! :D

Lilly, I love your latest avvie (and the one before that where you were wearing the hat as well). As others have said, you're beautiful, and I love your hair too! :D Glad to hear that you're picking yourself up and getting back on track after those ups and downs that we all face at various times. That's the spirit! :thumleft: Your grandson sounds very artistic and talented, making board games from scratch! What fun! :D

Sher, glad to hear your turkey cooking went well, and it sounds like the Soroptomist Christmas luncheon fundraiser was a great success! How wonderful that you're putting together all those food baskets as well -- that will positively impact so many folks' lives! :D

Star, I've enjoyed watching your transformation in your various avvies as I've been following this thread! I agree with everyone else, you are beautiful :D, and I loved your hair when it was blonde, but I also love it now that it's red! :D I too love red hair -- My natural hair color is dark brown, and a year and a half or two years ago, something like that, I started experimenting for the first time with henna as a natural, herbal way to dye it red/auburn. Way, way back in this thread I discussed this whole process in detail over several posts! :lol: It worked pretty well, except, since my hair is so naturally dark, in order to get my hair red instead of just a reddish brown, I had to actually bleach my hair first, then henna over it to get the effect I wanted. My scalp always itched too right after dyeing it, but I think it's from the bleaching and not so much the henna, since the henna itself is supposed to condition and strengthen the hair, and be soothing to the scalp. Your blonde hair seems like an ideal starting color for changing it to any other color! Dark brown or black seems to be the least ideal color, since you kind of have to bleach it to get it any lighter in order to change it to any other color! :roll: :D

Right now my hair is two-toned (as you can probably tell from my avvie), with about three or four inches of dark brown on top :lol:, and the rest still red/auburn. I haven't henna-ed it again since we moved, since the place we moved into this summer has all old formica countertops and such, from the 70's, and stains very easily. The tub/shower also seems to be made of a similar material, so I'm afraid of permanently staining it if I try washing out the henna in it! :roll: :lol:. I also have always had naturally thick, strong, healthy hair, and didn't really like the weakening effect that the bleaching seemed to have on it, so I'm currently kind of undecided -- I may eventually henna it again but without bleaching it, so that it'll eventually be a uniform dark brown but with a red tint. I'll probably just keep thinking about it for a while, but at any rate, it's always fun experimenting! :colors:

I think we can all identify with the bikini dilemma you described! :roll: I haven't worn one either since my gawky teenage years, when I was skinny as a rail, 5' 6.5" (about 169 cm) tall and weighed only 99 pounds (about 45 kg)! Back then, I thought there was no way I would ever gain weight; turns out I was in for a surprise in later years! :shock: :lol:

I have been enjoying everyone's comments on white pants, glaring white legs (I've got 'em too! :lol:), tanning gel and the like! :lol: I remember my mom having some of that tanning gel when we were kids, but she wouldn't let us near it, for whatever reason -- although she never explained why, I suspect it was because she once had one of those "going all orange" experiences herself, and just would never admit to it! :lol:

Sandy, I can identify with your "prudish pod" comments too! I've always been a jeans-and-T-shirts type of person as well, and not very comfortable with wearing the revealing women's clothing that's in vogue these days. Especially here in Santa Cruz, since it's such a beach town, these styles are even more prevalent than in other places I've lived, plus the colors and fabrics of women's fashions here are overall lighter, brighter, more pastel and more feminine than I've been accustomed to. In order to fit in a bit more here fashion-wise, at the very least, I may eventually get myself some jeans and t-shirts with a bit more feminine cut, instead of the kind of shapeless sweatpants and men's t-shirts I've been wearing around the house lately (or the mountain-woman flannel shirts, bulky sweaters, hiking boots, and men's button-fly Levi's type of styles I used to wear in back in Colorado! :lol:). Since I haven't had what folks would call a "real job" in a few years now, I haven't really bothered much with fashion lately! :roll: :lol: I haven't worn make-up in years, plus, I've let my hair go two-toned and my haircut's way overgrown to boot! :shock: :lol: I'll have quite a few fashion adjustments to make if I eventually begin interfacing with the "real world" a bit more again one of these days! :roll: :lol:

Well, it's getting pretty late here, so I'd best go get some sleep for now! Greetings also to everyone here who I didn't mention by name! :D

Lots of love to you all LUV2,
Aqua Deb
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Debs,
So nice to hear from you,,,,I love reading your posts,,,,

you sound just so 'full of life' energetic, happy, and very much loved...

that's good news about your 'old' group,,,changing places and getting started again,,,they will always be an outlet for your creativity....

I'm not too much in the christmassy mood yet...I've got 'some' decorating done....however I can't find the tote or plain brown box yet, that has my garland in it....and I think it's still up in the crawl space that I'm not sure if I really want to attempt to climb up there....but there's still lots I can do - if I'd get at it....

we had our first snowfall on the Island this year,,,,about an hrs drive north they got 10 inches,,,,,but I happened to be in town when it started, and I just kept saying,,,rain, rain, rain.....

my vehicle was in getting repaired,,,and the power went out at their shop,,,so at closing,,,there was my vehicle still up on the hoist,,so they had to give me a service car to come home in.....there was no snow till about 1 kilometer away from my house then the road started getting a bit slushy,,,and I could see maybe an inch of snow on the ground....

thankfully,,,no more fell here during the night,,,,,since I have to drive back to town to get my own 4 x 4 vehicle,,,,the one they gave me isn't...
then I'll feel better about driving on messy roads....actually, I think it's time to make sure I'm stocked up on 'necessities' food wise....that is...

The woods stacked for a three week usage in the garage,,,and there's a good 6 cords down in the shed.....gas cans filled for the genny in case the power goes out and lots of candles....oh yes,,and the cell phone,,as long as I remember to keep it charged....

and lots of good books to read.....so I'm ready for whatever Mr. Winter decides to bring us.....(rain, rain, rain)....please....

there's been many a year that we only had a touch of snow in late Jan or early Feb....which would rain off before the week was out,,,,and I think after the past couple of years that we're due for a normal one for the Island.....last year at this time we already had more than a foot of it dumped on us which lasted for 3 wks.....so we managed to get by that stretch.....

well it's almost time to go pick up my vehicle,,,and I think I'll take some decorations into the shop to do my 'space' and a little bit more out into a waiting area....we're having a dinner next Sat and that area needs some Christmas deco's...

Laura and Robert had to head back towards N.J. and I haven't called in about a week,,,,but I'll touch base with her soon and pass your msg to her.....

Sandy,,,,,A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you,,,,,now you have two home countries.....(according to earth rules) what a joyous occaission for you...
and a drivers license to boot.....whaaazooooo!!!!

to everyone a big hug and kisses,,,,

loves pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
~*Star_Struck*~

*sing song voice* Good morning, good morning! :D :D
Hello everyone :loves

I had a very relaxing weekend sleeping until 12 and then napping in the afternoons. :oops: :D It was too hot to do much else. I wanted to go to the beach but could find no one with a car and there was no way i was catching the train in the heat.

AquaDeb wrote:In addition to the traditional turkey, stuffing, candied yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, green-bean casserole and cranberry sauce, I also made the traditional pumpkin pie (Ron's favorite) and a cherry pie, and served it with fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, which passes well enough for ice cream
*DROOL* That sounds like the bomb.

You are all such an absolute pleasure..

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
~*Star_Struck*~

PS. It's been a week and a half and my tan is starting to come off in the shower. Must remember to exfoliate or else i will look patchy. *sigh* why can't they last forever...

:(
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
~*Star_Struck*~

Does anyone believe in the kraken? (Giant squid, miles in diameter).
I have a ferocious imagination and i think many things exist that we cannot imagine.. if we can't get past a certain depth due to pressure.. who's to say what can't come up because they need the pressure?

Here is a link to a picture of the mighty "kraken". I am a little bit obsessed with sea monsters. Many ships may have been attacked and sunk... who knows?

http://beatledude.files.wordpress.com/2 ... kraken.jpg

:shock:

"The Kraken

Probably no legendary sea monster was as horrifying as the Kraken. According to stories this huge, many armed, creature could reach as high as the top of a sailing ship's main mast. A kraken would attack a ship by wrapping their arms around the hull and capsizing it. The crew would drown or be eaten by the monster. What's amazing about the kraken stories is that, of all the sea monster tales we have, we have the best evidence that this creature was based on something real.

Tales of a huge, many armed, headed or horned sea creatures exist from ancient times. The Greek legend of the Scylla, a monster with six heads that Odysseus must sail past during his travels, is an example of this tradition. In 1555 Olaus Magnus wrote of a sea creature with "sharp and long Horns round about, like a Tree root up by the Roots: They are ten or twelve cubits long, very black, and with huge eyes..."

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... :wink:

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello all you lovely people, :hithere

Star, I too have been facinated with kraken ever since as a litle girl watching a good ole "B" movie about a giant kracken or Octopus...Not sure what it was now... I saw a documentary once where they attached a camera to a smallish squid with the expectation that it too has the ability to go down great depths and perhaps it would interact with something far larger. Sure enough in no time they got what they were hoping for and saw an enormous Kracken. (Not nearly as big as the one in the painting but quite big by my standards and they are pretty big! :wink:

Sorry about you tan washing away. My goodness it didn't last all that long did it? Well pale legs are rather flashy I think and exhibit a rather midevil charm... :lol: (That's what i keep telling myself anyway! :wink: )We are still experiencing mostly mild and comfortable temps over here on the far side of Australia in the Illawarra. Wouldn't bother me if it stayed that way.

Hi Aqua Deb You Thanksgiving dinner sounded good! M sister-in-law is on a gluten free diet and she and her mother have tweeked through trial and error, a lot of those recipes in gluten free cookbooks to make them better. Baked goods are a little tricky from my understanding. They figured out how to make some wonderful pies and pie crust as well as cakes and cookies recipes for this time of year. If you want I will ask her for some of their best holiday baking recipes.

Hey Sher, I was glad to hear that your turkey turned out wonderful and that the thanksgiving fund raiser was such a great success. So many people will benefit from the work you do. Truly I think that is what the holidays signify. Giving of yourself to others. and you are lady, in a big and fabulous way! :happy

Hi PP, I got the biggest smile from your brilliant "smiling"....a few days back.. Good on you, lady! You figured it out! Honestly I struggle with these things too. Petra gave me the easiest smiley site URL. I put it in my favorites and when I have time I use it just for fun. Be prepared though, there are some pretty rude ones there as well. :shock:

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/index.htm

For the message board click on the URL beside each picture. For email click on and copy the picture itself.

Glad you got your 4 wheel drive back. Sounds like you definitely need it to navigate those snow covered roads. Please be careful as winter sets in.
And thanks sweetie, for the warm congrats... It has been a long time coming this permanent residency visa! George and I are still grinning like banshees every time we think about it. (Hmm but do banshees really grin :scratch: grinning and wailing don't really seem to go together. :roll:

Okay believe it or not this is a quick one. :lol: Ready to go to bed since it is almost 2:30am. Got a lovely 222 a few minutes ago and it made me feel tons better.

Love and sleepy hugs,
Sandy Image
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone,
I was sure I posted something congratulating Sandy on her new residency. I must be going batty.. Congratulations Sandy...
AquaDeb,
You really are a ray of sunshine..... :sunny: all of you are just the best...
I've been finding it hard to stay focused on anything....after using a new hair product my scalp is all inflamed and itchy....driving me nuts...the doctor gave me cortisone lotion which I'm reluctant to use...any ideas on a natural cure....before I have to resort to using it.
Actually I feel acutely sensitive to everything....Help!! Lol :roll Ego thinking...
pp,
Thankyou for all the emails you've sent. Star, it's a shame the tans have to fade off, especially if you like it. Deep beneath the ocean always intrigues me..wondering what wonders are yet to be found there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just popped a few laughs on here to make myself feel better....
Love lilly xoxoxox :kiss:
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
~*Star_Struck*~

Sandy wrote:Star, I too have been facinated with kraken ever since as a litle girl watching a good ole "B" movie about a giant kracken or Octopus...Not sure what it was now... I saw a documentary once where they attached a camera to a smallish squid with the expectation that it too has the ability to go down great depths and perhaps it would interact with something far larger. Sure enough in no time they got what they were hoping for and saw an enormous Kracken. (Not nearly as big as the one in the painting but quite big by my standards and they are pretty big! :wink:
Yep, the oceans are absolutely amazing. I am very, very inquisitive by nature and i just want to know things. The endless possibilites that reside in the ocean boggle my brain. :lol: I would love if a kraken was discovered (then my close friends could eat their doubtful words- they've all had a good laugh at my imagination) but at the same time i really hope it isn't as no doubt it would be captured and suffer some awful fate.
Sandy wrote:Sorry about you tan washing away. My goodness it didn't last all that long did it? Well pale legs are rather flashy I think and exhibit a rather midevil charm... :lol: (That's what i keep telling myself anyway! :wink: )We are still experiencing mostly mild and comfortable temps over here on the far side of Australia in the Illawarra. Wouldn't bother me if it stayed that way.
Haha, i'm back to albino. Oh well, i can always get it done again. The difficult thing is getting home after the tan because you have to wear very loose clothing.. i wear a sarong with nothing underneath, and then dread the wind as soon as i step outside :lol: i am definitely not catching the bus in a full body sarong that threatens to fall off at any second :shock:
I don't know how to drive.. *sigh*.

We are experiencing quite nice weather over on the west end. It's starting to warm up.. was very hot on the weekend (reached 38 Celsius on Sunday), has cooled down a bit now, and is a pleasant 28 degrees or so.
We've just entered summer and it's definitely going to be a hot one this year. *sigh* Christmas wouldn't be christmas without the bbq and swatting away the flies, i guess. But just one year, i would love a white christmas.. one day.

Anyhoo it's 8:20am and i am just starting my day. It's going to be a good one. I hope you enjoy yours too.

Love you all
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
Sher
Busy Bee

Post by Sher »

I can't remember how much I've shared so if I repeat myself, please, forgive me.

Gordon and I are in the process of setting up an in-home recording studio. We are hoping to find a place in a downtown area where we can buy a store front building, have the studio downstairs and live upstairs.

This past weekend we were discussing how moving our plans to Modesto, CA, instead of Pleasanton would be much more cost effective and decided it was worth investigating.

I was in Modesto today on other business and decided I'd drive through downtown and take a look around.

I drove by a beautiful building with realtor signs all over it. It was right across the street from the Gallo Center of the Arts. The realty company was, get this, 1111istreet.com. :shock: The building address was 1111 on the corner of 11th and I Streets. I'm almost afraid to believe this is a sign but just as afraid not to!!!!! :roll

I decided if this is where we're supposed to be, God will provide the down payment. That's how we'll know. OOHHH but OMG, I hope it is,:shock: it would be soooo exciting. Patience is not a virtue of mine. :lol:

Anyway, just had to share. Hope you all are having a great week so far.

Much, much love,
Sher :santa:
Intolerance is Intolerable.

Only those willing to risk going too far can find out how far they can go.
- T.S. Eliot
~*Star_Struck*~

Sher wrote:I can't remember how much I've shared so if I repeat myself, please, forgive me.

Gordon and I are in the process of setting up an in-home recording studio. We are hoping to find a place in a downtown area where we can buy a store front building, have the studio downstairs and live upstairs.

This past weekend we were discussing how moving our plans to Modesto, CA, instead of Pleasanton would be much more cost effective and decided it was worth investigating.

I was in Modesto today on other business and decided I'd drive through downtown and take a look around.

I drove by a beautiful building with realtor signs all over it. It was right across the street from the Gallo Center of the Arts. The realty company was, get this, 1111istreet.com. :shock: The building address was 1111 on the corner of 11th and I Streets. I'm almost afraid to believe this is a sign but just as afraid not to!!!!! :roll

I decided if this is where we're supposed to be, God will provide the down payment. That's how we'll know. OOHHH but OMG, I hope it is,:shock: it would be soooo exciting. Patience is not a virtue of mine. :lol:

Much, much love,
Hi Sher :hithere
That is fantastic news! It definitely sounds me like that is where you are meant to be! It's amazing that not only do they listen to our plans for the future, but they take steps to help us achieve this, or guide us in our path. We are very, very lucky. They love you Sher. :loves

I had a similar experience when i was 18- i had nowhere to live and was feeling panicked and increasingly desperate, when i spotted listing number 11 in the newspaper.. a small, 2 bedroom apartment.. i looked for the realtor's phone number, which ended in 1111. I then went to view the apartment, and was shocked to see that it was apartment number 11. Needless to say, i took it and have been very, very happy there :D

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
~*Star_Struck*~

~*Star_Struck*~ wrote:
Sher wrote:I can't remember how much I've shared so if I repeat myself, please, forgive me.

Much, much love,
Hi Sher :hithere
That is fantastic news! It definitely sounds me like that is where you are meant to be! It's amazing that not only do they listen to our plans for the future, but they take steps to help us achieve this, or guide us in our path. We are very, very lucky. They love you Sher. :loves

I had a similar experience when i was 18- i had nowhere to live and was feeling panicked and increasingly desperate, when i spotted listing number 11 in the newspaper.. a small, 2 bedroom apartment.. i looked for the realtor's phone number, which ended in 1111. I then went to view the apartment, and was shocked to see that it was apartment number 11. Needless to say, i took it and have been very, very happy there :D

Love
Star
PS. I just mentally thanked them again for finding my apartment for me.. and got hit with an instant 1:11 prompt, the message came through loud and clear "you are most welcome." :cheers:
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone,
Hope you're all getting into the Christmas spirit. Judging by the decorating going on here you must be. I've been absent minded lately.....going through so many adjustments and changes internally. I ask out loud at night for help to correct my thoughts. Keep me moving in the right direction and making the best of what is.
I'd like to thank you all very much for your love and kindness during the year when at times I felt so low it was scarey. So much going on.....
I'll go and meditate, sending you all my love. What a lovely family you are.
lilly xoxox :kiss:
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone!

PP, best of luck with the wintry weather up there! :shaking: Your talk of snow, and roads beginning to get slushy, and needing 4x4's brings back memories of when we lived in Colorado -- I was always feeling really lucky if we managed to get past a certain time of year before the first snow, the first arctic cold front, the first blizzard, etc., of the winter season. This past week, I heard on the news that they had sub-zero morning temperatures in the Denver area :shaking: (which tends not to usually happen there 'till January/February), and was so glad to be here instead! :D

This past week or so, we have been having a lot of rain, and it's been significantly colder here than it's been since we first moved here (though mild compared to Colorado :D), down around freezing sometimes during the night, and in the low-to-mid 50's F (about 11 C) and cloudy during the day. Since we live in the bottom floor of a duplex, behind the shared carport, we get only limited sunlight coming into our part of the house, so it's always cold, and when it gets this cold outside, we have to run the heater pretty much continuously :roll:, as well as space heaters in the back rooms. I think it's supposed to keep raining next week, but fortunately, according to the weather, "the Pacific jet stream will shift farther south...tapping into sub-tropical moisture." it's supposed to get a little warmer :D (though it is supposed to rain harder :roll: :lol:).

Star
, it's funny amidst the wintry weather here reading in your post about how it's too hot over there to do much of anything but sleep, and your associations of Christmas to "the bbq and swatting away the flies"! And here I am relieved to finally be living somewhere in the U.S. where there's very little chance a white Christmas! :lol: It's really interesting how the seasons are reversed between the northern and southern hemispheres of our planet, isn't it? :scratch: :D

I'm sorry to hear about your tan beginning to wash off -- it sounded so cool to have "olive skin" and all! But your skin will look lovely either way! :D

Regarding creatures like the kraken, I recently read a book called "Enchantment of the Faerie Realm," by Ted Andrews. He talks about fairies and all sorts of other mythical creatures, like mermaids, griffins, unicorns, dragons and such (it's given me tons of cool ideas for my art! :colors:). He maintains that such creatures are real (he's communicated with various ones of them frequently), and that, in cases where such creatures are such a big part of our folklore in so many different cultures, that's a sign that there must be some truth to it on some level. Another thing he notes is that our culture often brands some of these creatures (such as dragons) as malevolent, when they really aren't. One quote of his from this book that I really like is, "Remember, imagination is not the same thing as unreality." :colors:

Sandy, big congratulations on getting your Aussie permanent residency visa! That sure did take a long time, so it must sure be a big relief to finally have some closure on the whole process! :D

Baked goods indeed seem to be among the trickiest to successfully make gluten-free. Yes, I would love it if you could pass along your sister-in-law's best recipes for really good gluten-free pies, pie crusts, cakes and cookies -- That would be fantastic; thanks! :D

Lilly, sorry about your itchy scalp -- that can indeed be very distracting :roll:! I just looked it up online, and found out that vinegar is supposed to easy itching of the scalp. Of course, you have probably already found some kind of resolution to the problem by now, just out of sheer necessity!

That "high sensitivity to everything" that you mention is pretty common among lightworkers at one time or another, I think. Here are some more laughs to help you just keep on feeling better and better!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sher, WOW :shock:, the building with the address of 1111 on the corner of 11th and I streets, that sounds like quite a major sign! :colors: At the very least, it sounds like you'd be going in the right direction to look into it, and then I'm sure they'll continue to provide you more signs step-by-step to guide you from there! :colors:

Star, that's a really cool story about finding your apartment number 11 too! :D

A bit ago, as I was finishing up this message, I got a pop-up that I just got an email message that's a notification that someone else has posted to this thread -- so, whoever it is, I haven't seen your email yet, but I will once I post this one! :D

--Edited this once, to fix a typo in a smiley that was making it not show up! :lol:

Love to you all,
Aqua Deb
Last edited by aqualeaf on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Lilly, I see you're the one that posted in the middle of when I was writing my post! :D Thanks for all the love and appreciation you always share with us all, and have a wonderful meditation! :D

Love,
AquaDeb
~*Star_Struck*~

aqualeaf wrote:
Star
, it's funny amidst the wintry weather here reading in your post about how it's too hot over there to do much of anything but sleep, and your associations of Christmas to "the bbq and swatting away the flies"! And here I am relieved to finally be living somewhere in the U.S. where there's very little chance a white Christmas! :lol: It's really interesting how the seasons are reversed between the northern and southern hemispheres of our planet, isn't it? :scratch: :D
:lol: Yep, it amazes me to hear songs like "i'm dreaming of a white christmas" because christmas has always been a very sunny event for me, swimming, drinking, and having a BBQ. I have often dreamt of a white christmas.. it would be wonderful.. so magical, with all that snow.. i have never played in the snow, and i think i'd do it with the reckless abandon of an 8 year old.
aqualeaf wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your tan beginning to wash off -- it sounded so cool to have "olive skin" and all! But your skin will look lovely either way! :D
Thanks, i'm having it done again in a few weeks though :wink: Want to be brown for summer without all that harmful tanning!
aqualeaf wrote:Regarding creatures like the kraken, I recently read a book called "Enchantment of the Faerie Realm," by Ted Andrews. He talks about fairies and all sorts of other mythical creatures, like mermaids, griffins, unicorns, dragons and such (it's given me tons of cool ideas for my art! :colors:). He maintains that such creatures are real (he's communicated with various ones of them frequently), and that, in cases where such creatures are such a big part of our folklore in so many different cultures, that's a sign that there must be some truth to it on some level. Another thing he notes is that our culture often brands some of these creatures (such as dragons) as malevolent, when they really aren't. One quote of his from this book that I really like is, "Remember, imagination is not the same thing as unreality." :colors:
:shock: Isn't the world funny with all of its puzzlements? I believe in fairies. But i would keep that one quiet :lol: I get weird enough looks for talking about the kraken. Fascinating stuff.

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.