The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Star,

It looks absolutely stunning beautiful,,,,

not what I'd imagined at all,,,,probably had in mind what your boyfriend was thinking...hee hee :lol: :lol:

thanks for the new photo,,,,and it does suit you,,,,very well indeedy...

love pp
xoxoxo

Hi Sandy,,,,did you say two piece ??? I never could wear those either...

and a bikini !!! HA!!! :shock: :shock: i NEVER could wear those either,,,,

I must just be toooooo old fashioned....

my sister and all my nieces do the bikini thing,,,very well too...I always said,,,no thanks,,,,you guys can do it,,,and I won't have to...

sorry I haven't been around much,,,,just doing alot of studying,,,,

we have our angel group back together,,,,so we're studying madly to learn how to use these incredible healing oils and tuning forks...

and I'm slowly decorating too....and reading alot....

try www.scribd.com

tons of books that you can download for free.....really cool...

love you all
pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Guys, thanks Sandra and Star, for saying that about my story's! Writing one at the moment: fiction though, a right swash-buckler with a couple of gypsies thrown in! hehe!

I stopped dying and colouring my hair, and it's now a dull, dishwater blond, haha! No, it's still got corn coloured streaks from the hot sun in the summer.

PP, you & me both with the bikini. I wore one once when I was a buxom 14 year old and my dad almost had a conory! He said nothing and I was quite oblivious to the attention on the Italian beaches, till a good-looking young man asked me on a date! Only, he wasn't looking at my face, if you know what I mean! Luckily dad was snorkling, but brother Glyn clocked him and came and stood right in front of him with a menacing scowl on his features! Then turned to me and said: "Haven't you got another costume?" I think my innocence faded from that day, as in, my awareness of my body. I wore baggy sweats more often than not after that! oh well!!!

Sorry, went on on another story there, hehe!

Pet xxxxx
Last edited by Petra Wilson on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ॐ LOVE Petra
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hey everyone...
Pet...I must admit I did wear a two piece swimsuit once in my life... it was a lovely white satiny one. Looked lovely in the store but unfortunately when it got wet was a totally different story! :shock: I found this out the hard way at the public swiming pool. :oops: (I'm still trying to let go of the humiliation.) Since that day it is sporty little (dark) one pieces for me. I have discovered in later years, what I call the "two piece one pieces" which cover everything like the one piece but are much more comfortable and convienient to wear. I think you would love them PP.

Your latest story sounds great! Manny would love all that swashbuckling! I can't see anything with pirates without thinking of that little fella of yours!

I just started to browse the website you posted PP wow...it is huge! Thanks!
Star..your hair looks lovely! That shade is perfect with your complexion. Has the itching gotten any better? :)

Hugs..Take care everyone... :sunny:
Sandy
~*Star_Struck*~

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

Sandy wrote:Star..your hair looks lovely! That shade is perfect with your complexion. Has the itching gotten any better? :)
Thanks Sandy and PP :D It still itches a little bit, but it's better than it was. My complexion will be slightly different tomorrow, because i'm getting a spray tan tonight. It's summer here now and i want to look appropriately brown without the natural tanning.. i work in an office and don't get to the beach that much. Doing some chrissy shopping tonight, too.

Love
Star
Now i know the answer to the question:
Do dreams come true?
Still staring at the world
Through my rear view.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Sandy,
Oh yes, now I know what you mean,,,,I actually wear those tops to replace the old b_a.....these are much more comfortable and you can wear them just as tops too...over jeans, shorts,,,whatever...without the other undergarment....it's already put in there for you...then just a small shirt or sweater or whatever that will cover your arms when you need it.

sort of makes you look like your dressed,,,(when really you're not),,,

gotta love these kids today for showing me how to dress alot easier...

way, way, more comfortable....

although I do remember my Grandmother asking me once why I liked to wear long skirts and shawls.....she thought I was much too young at 17...

seems I never got out of the habit... I still have the first shawl I got,,,it's from Kandahar Afghanistan,,,,never got there,,,but I was pretty close...

and later on traded somethiing with someone for it....

this last summer I went to the NAIG Games (North American Indigenous Games).....and found a booth that had poncho's and shawls, made by the Ecuadorian Mayans....I think made with Lama wool....ones a light summer one,,,and the other is a winter one....it's huge though,,,but I can certainly see why,,,if I was riding a Lama it would make a nice tent over me....

well, no Lama riding nowadays,,,,and our weather is still favouring us with rain and not the S --- word.... so I am still wearing the light summer one,,,,it's a dark blue with a black mayan pattern on the edges and fringed...

the winter one is a dark blue also,,,just a different shade with white lamas woven into the length of the edges.... and I've only worn it once so far.....not cold enough,,,

but that's good,,,,the lighter one is easier to wear,,,as a shawl....the other one is a poncho and I really don't like throwing it over my head all the time,,,so I may open it up down the front and have the same style shawl/poncho as the light one...

wow,,,sorry about that,,,,just rambled off there....

White bathing suit Sandy ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yes,,,I remember a pair of white pants once,,,,and ok,,,,we won't go there....

Hey Pet,,,I love your stories too,,,,I can often see you acting them out...
don't forget to include the Italian beach buddies....(Dad's tend to have those sort of fits,,,no matter how innocent you are - at that age)...

good on your Bro !!! protecting his little sis !!! right on :thumright:

ok ladies,,,will talk again later...

loves to you all...

pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
Thankyou for the emails... some of them were stuck because my security wasn't letting anything in or out....it's fixed now.. much appreciated.
Love lilly xxxx :D
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi yall,

PP wrote:
White bathing suit Sandy ???? yes,,,I remember a pair of white pants once,,,,and ok,,,,we won't go there....
I was young and unsophisticated :lol: all I thought about was..."Wow...this will really show off my tan!" (It did too... among other things! :roll: )

Your ponchos sound beautiful, PP. The heavy one might feel warmer this winter if left uncut. But I can certainly see your point...if you go out, say to a restaurant or something, it is ackward to be pulling it over the of of your head. Rough on a tricky hair style too.
We went to the Ohio State Fair one year and were just in time to watch a lama judging. Not sure what they were basing the scores on but it was very entertaining.

Star, when you talked about getting your spray tan..I couldn't help but think of a funny episode of "Friends" where one of the characters went for a spray tan and kept missing the cue to turn so his back half would also get sprayed. He kept going back trying to fix it and kept getting messed up so that his front half just got darker and darker. I can't believe I can't remember his name now...hasn't been that long since I saw the show. :scratch:
Enjoy your evening...Sounds like it is gonna be a good one. :hithere
Love,
Sandy
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

PP:
although I do remember my Grandmother asking me once why I liked to wear long skirts and shawls.....she thought I was much too young at 17...
I had something similar...because mum always called me Fatty, I bought myself a corset (age 19), and liked wearing kilts and twinsets! My friend's Granny said to me: "There's something not right with you Petra! You dress like me! Why aren't you in a boob tube and hotpants? AND WHAT'S WITH THE CORSET?" I never was one for being a la Mode!
As for ponchoes!!! They are my favourite! One can't be depresed wearing a poncho! When I wear my Mexican poncho, I can't help dancing the rumba, the cha cha and generally making a nuisance of myself in public! hehe!

These days, when I go for a swim, I just go in the water in my underwear! And if the old ladies are running about topless, I usually join 'em! (Best way to clear a beach, hahahaha!)

I remember that episode of 'Friends' Sandy!
When self-tanning lotions came on the market, I had to have a go, and slapped it on like there's no tomorrow! After 15 minutes, I thought: "Whassis rubbish!" (Of course I didn't read the instructions!!) and repeated the whole thing all over again...twice! Still nothing after a further 15 minutes, so I went to bed and forgot all about it, smelling rather odd! The next morning, getting up for work, I looked in the mirror, having forgotten all about the cream, and actually screamed! Phil got up thinking I was being attacked, and when he clocked my BRIGHT ORANGE face, laughed so hard, I thought he was going to choke to death.
I still went to work and made every single person in Croydon, who came in, or passed me in the high street, laugh their heads off! Which made it all worth the while!

Had to share that one with ya's! Love, Petra XXXXXXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Oh dear Pet,,,
that brought me some memories of Spain and alot of laughs,,,,and actually some scary memories.... I'll never forget the 'sight' I saw once in Lloret de Mar....we happened on one of those 'totally free' beaches,,,
and OMG :shock: :shock: noooooooo you'll never see me exposing all to the sun and whoever walks by......

orange tanning gels,,,,seems to me I remember seeing someone going all orange......was that you ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: I think my sister did it, just her legs though,,,as I remember her or whover it was wearing long pants all summer,,,,or however long it took for it to disappear....

I think the stuff they have out nowadays is much better as far as the tan goes....but I keep thinking of the chemicals that seep into the tissue....

I think if I had that beautiful alabaster looking skin,,,I'd keep it that way,,,

and STAR,,,,please note,,,,none of these comments are a hit on you,,,,these are just personal feelings and comments,,,,of what I don't give myself the 'freedom' to do.....

you do what you want to do,,,,for how it makes you feel....for that's what's important,,,,not what 'others' (like me) do or not....

you are young and full of life,,,,experimenting, exploring,,,still discovering who you are.....

I'm alot older,,,,,probably old enough to be your granny at least.....and am still working on getting rid of 'old, opinionated thoughts'....

it's a matter of perspective....

Lilly, glad to hear your security thing is fixed now,,,I'll send you some more....like your new avi too,,,,,sitting at your computer....it reminds me of the time you shared your paintings with me....we should do that again ... it was fun....

OH,,,good thing I remembered....

Laura is ON THE ROAD AGAIN....this last week they just went through Chicago and a bad storm....and are now headed towards Reno Nevada, and heading down south,,,,she expects they'll be around Louisianne near her daughter for Christmas...

love to everyone....
pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone,
I like being white and the fake tanning...well...I've heard that the spray on chemicals do go into the body and it's such a large area as well. Star, someone told me it's ok to do it now and then but not constantly. You can buy some which are pretty safe to use. Those tanning beds in salons are a worry too. I'm not meaning to sound negative... just concerned for you, sweetie.
Pet, you are a scream....orange face....two of the girls I worked with had it done and one of them looked ridiculous....the girl was practising on them and around her eyes went a dark orange....she still came to work...Lol
pp, I love the story about your sister's orange legs....oh dear, the things we do.
Love lilly xx :D
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Ahhh, No no no, I wasn't putting Star off, I'm sure the chemicals are much better these days!! And safer! The old stuff in the early 90's were not as good as today's stuff, I'm sure.
Nowadays I don't even have a beauty regime, (not that I ever had one)! It's just a case of a daily shower with a bar of Dove, and Nivea shampoo and condish, then a thorough dry with a rough clean towel, and put on my clean sweater and jogging trousers! Very sexy!
Actually, I would like to dress up again one day soon....
Show a bit of cleavage, perfume and a flattering skirt?? It's been a long time.
All me bits are hidden under a massive XXL pullover, shirt, t.shirt, and occasionally a shawl!!

xxxxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
~*Star_Struck*~

Sandy wrote:Star, when you talked about getting your spray tan..I couldn't help but think of a funny episode of "Friends" where one of the characters went for a spray tan and kept missing the cue to turn so his back half would also get sprayed. He kept going back trying to fix it and kept getting messed up so that his front half just got darker and darker. I can't believe I can't remember his name now...hasn't been that long since I saw the show. :scratch:
:lol: Yeah, that was Ross. He messed up the timing by counting "one mississippi, two mississippi" and so on instead of just "one two three four five". :wink: That's one of my favourite episodes.

Spray tan went swimmingly. I stripped down to my underwear and the nice lady gave me an all over spray.. it looks healthy and natural. I didn't go very dark because i am so fair. Spray tans are 100% safe i believe, i would never dream of using a solarium.

I got my chrissy shopping done, and ended up picking up a few things for myself too :D Even managed to wolf down a kebab (my favourite) while i was there.

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
~*Star_Struck*~

Petra Wilson wrote:Nowadays I don't even have a beauty regime, (not that I ever had one)! It's just a case of a daily shower with a bar of Dove, and Nivea shampoo and condish, then a thorough dry with a rough clean towel, and put on my clean sweater and jogging trousers! Very sexy!
Hi Petra
I wish i could say the same, i have a regular routine of pedicures, waxes, exfoliating, moisturising & tweezing. I use firming creams, night creams, body butter, and i'm very fussy about my cleansing regime at night- i use ProActiv products to keep my skin clear. Sometimes it takes me a little while to get into bed. They're all things that sometimes i don't feel like doing but make me feel good.

Now that i have braces i have to brush my teeth three to four times a day. *sigh* It's very irritating. But i'm thankful for the nice teeth i'm going to have.

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Pet,
I know you weren't trying to put Star off her tanning treatment. My sources must be wrong....just shows you shouldn't believe everything you hear...Lol Sorry Star.
Love lilly xoxox 8)
~*Star_Struck*~

lilly wrote:Pet,
I know you weren't trying to put Star off her tanning treatment. My sources must be wrong....just shows you shouldn't believe everything you hear...Lol Sorry Star.
Love lilly xoxox 8)
That's ok Lilly :love I think it must look natural because i was just downstairs and a lady said "you have beautiful olive skin". :lol: Then it took a few minutes for her to believe me that it was a spray tan.
No one has ever said my name and the word olive in a sentence.. not even by mistake. :wink:

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
lilly

Post by lilly »

You look lovely with your new hair colour... and you really do have a wonderful personality.... very wise and witty. Have a nice weekend looking all tanned and beautiful..
Love lilly xxoxox :kiss:
~*Star_Struck*~

lilly wrote:You look lovely with your new hair colour... and you really do have a wonderful personality.... very wise and witty. Have a nice weekend looking all tanned and beautiful..
Love lilly xxoxox :kiss:
:oops: Thank you, you are quite wonderful yourself. :D

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Star, what a lovely name? Olive! I'll carry on calling you Star though, ne?

Love to EveryOne! INCLUDING LAURA!!! Miss you XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey all you lovely people...I am getting a kick reading what I have missed. Been off the board a couple days...packing orders to be mailed. I was in for a surprise because leaning over this table has really done a number on my back...Weird because I have done some pretty tough yard work this month and nothing...back was fine! :scratch:

PP wrote... ...
I'll never forget the 'sight' I saw once in Lloret de Mar....we happened on one of those 'totally free' beaches,,,
and OMG noooooooo you'll never see me exposing all to the sun and whoever walks by......
:lol: PP, you and I seem to have sprung out of the same "prudish pod." :wink:
Pet your comments about showing off your clevage again ... why you go you gorgeous girl!... it made me think of the lovely auzzie ladies who always seem to look so lovely in their figure flattering tops and skirts... I tried one day and gave up just didn't feel comfortable. (Course didn't help that I had nothing to show off in the first place. :lol: ah well... I am a jeans and teeshirt girl from way back... (I am secretly hoping to be able to wear my favorite pair of "stretch" denim jeans to the mansion world some day. :wink: )

I too tried some of that quick tanning stuff, think it was called QT, way back in the seventies. My efforts produced a nice orange glow clear into October and what an asset during the Halloween season... :roll: :lol: They did warn you to wash it off your hands and be careful, only applying one thin layer to places like your knees and your feet... I didn't listen (as always) and I swear I had dark knees and feet for years afterwards...

Oh Wingzie has a "goodie" to tell about these quick tans. :) She used one of those temporary bronzing foams once before a first date a few years ago. All was fine and she looked great, but later on, she and her date were having a lovely walk out on the beach when along came a sudden rain storm. When they breathlessly arrived to the closest dry place her friend took one horrified look at her and said, "You're melting!" :shock: All her lovely color was rolling down her legs :lol: Oh, I just love Wingzie and think about her and that story everytime I am tempted to pause and look at a bottle of quick tanning solution. (gosh, I have the whitest of legs...they don't tan or burn..blinding white they are...Seems I was born in the totally wrong era. Would have fit in nicely in the renaissance era with the "meaty boned pale skinned ladies"...Hmmm but they still seemed to have had more pizazz then me, with their low cut form fitting atire ..gee, I am right back where I started from again aren't I...sorry guys... :oops:

Hey we all look good no matter what we wear! Our inner light blinds everybody we meet anyway. :wink: :lol:

Love you guys! :loves
Sandy
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Pet wrote:
Love to EveryOne! INCLUDING LAURA!!! Miss you XXX
Me too! MISS YOU LAURA! :love Have fun "bee-bopping" around on that big truck! :bike:
Hugs,
Sandy
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Sandy,
It's lovely to see you, always love reading your posts....I'm white too...my torso and arms go brown but my legs stubbornly stay white unless I persevere....face goes red in the really hot weather.......haha what a combination. These days it doesn't bother me....Wingsie's story is funny...
Once my sister went to the pictures with her new boyfriend....resting her head on his shoulder....She looked down and saw one of her false eye lashes on his shirt...Lol Remember those really long black ones in the sixties and seventies...
Laura will be enjoying travelling and getting to see her family in Louisiana.
She is a very loving person with good advice and a good mind. Will look forward to hearing about her travels...
Well, it's past my bedtime.....Goodnight dear friend....Love you very much.
lilly xoxox :kiss:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Lilly, :D
Remember those really long black ones in the sixties and seventies...
Oh I sure do...You could barely see the eyes for the dark lashes. :lol: Your poor sis! :shock: So in a situation like that what do you do? Non chalantly sneak off the other one or excuse yourself to the ladies room for a quick repair?... It certainly gives you and close family members something to chuckle about years later. :lol:

Good night and sleep well Sis. :kiss:
Thank you for brightening my night. :D
XXSandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Sandy, Lilly, Pet, Star, Sher,,,and everyone else who is reading...

yes, Sandy, I think you got it,,,,we were hatched from the prudish pod,
another pp abbreviation for me to ponder,,,along with patience and perseverance.... :lol: :lol:

lilly, I remember those eyelashes,,,I had a friend back in 71 who wore them,,,,now I wear coloured ones for Hallowe'en....well,,,I did one year anyway....I never had to wear false eyelashes when I was young,,,but like everything else as you 'wear it out' they're getting thinner too...

I'll pass those lovely messages along to Laura,,,she can't get on the mb while she's driving (from her phone)...and I should give her a jingle right now....

so hang on everyone....

oh I'm still talking to her, will tell you about it in awhile...

love pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
~*Star_Struck*~

Good morning everyone :D i hope you all had a lovely weekend. I caught up with some visiting family, which was nice.. sometimes you don't realise how much you'd missed a person until you see them.. then you don't want them to leave.. :( Anyhoo i'm looking forward to christmas now that the frenzied, panic-inducing gift shopping is out of the way.

Love
Star
Do dreams come true?
Through my rear view.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good morning or I guess now afternoon Star...
I caught up with some visiting family, which was nice.. sometimes you don't realise how much you'd missed a person until you see them.. then you don't want them to leave..
I know what you mean. I have always dreaded those tearful good byes after a visit with loved ones. Seems all my life I have inadvertantly always lived far away from my family. Don't think I can get much further than I am now and still be on planet earth.

I used to love the Christmas season, but now...I'll just be glad when it is over..December is a hard month for me. (Time to spend some time with my head on God's shoulder I think... :) ) with that thought in mind...we are never without family are we? :happy

Love,
Sandy