Garden Gifts — by Stuart M. Perkins

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Out of nowhere, a robin landed on the concrete fountain. It took a drink, pivoted, and flew over my head towards the dogwood. Wings stirred the air just inches from my face. I felt the rush.

Birdwatching was an added bonus on my frequent trips to public gardens like this one. On lazy Sunday afternoons I would amble down moss-covered brick paths flanked by ancient boxwoods and towering magnolias. I was captivated by blankets of wild roses scrambling over weathered trellises and fragrant lilacs peeking through picket fences along the winding paths. While blissfully lost in contented thought, a bird would always appear to punctuate the scene. Spending time in any garden became the respite I sought more and more often. Gardens promised joy - and birds flew in to seal the deal.
Do you need a joyful little story today? I did.

https://storyshucker.wordpress.com/2023 ... den-gifts/

:loves :sunflower: :loves :sunflower: :loves
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Garden Gifts — by Stuart M. Perkins

Post by Sandy »

OMG This piece brought back so many memories... this was so much like me many years ago as I stared at my bare back yard. I removed more sod then I care to remember, and planned and changed and refined...all on a wee bit of a budget...discovering, too, how nature blesses us when we understand what gifts we are looking for. It became my place of peace and my first introduction to meditation and stillness without actually knowing that is what I was doing. I could sit out in my garden with its winding paths for hours which seemed like minutes.

Thank you for posting this, Welles. :flower:

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.