Happy Valentine's Day

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Happy Valentine's Day

Post by Welles »

:loves
Sandy
Staff

Re: Happy Valentine's Day

Post by Sandy »

Good Morning Welles!

Your Valentine Greeting brings light into my heart.
Thank you! :sunny:
I hope you too are surrounded by love as this special day passes and the year proceeds. :love

Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Valentines Day - An Origin Story

Biography

Saint Valentine was a Catholic priest who had also worked as a doctor. He lived in Italy during the third century AD and served as a priest in Rome.

Historians don’t know much about Valentine’s early life. They pick up Valentine’s story after he began working as a priest. Valentine became famous for marrying couples who were in love but couldn’t get legally married in Rome during the reign of Emperor Claudius II, who outlawed weddings. Claudius wanted to recruit lots of men to be soldiers in his army and thought that marriage would be an obstacle to recruiting new soldiers. He also wanted to prevent his existing soldiers from getting married because he thought that marriage would distract them from their work.

When Emperor Claudius discovered that Valentine was performing weddings, he sent Valentine to jail. Valentine used his time in jail to continue to reach out to people with the love that he said Jesus Christ gave him for others.

He befriended his jailer, Asterious, who became so impressed with Valentine’s wisdom that he asked Valentine to help his daughter, Julia, with her lessons. Julia was blind and needed someone to read material for her to learn it. Valentine became friends with Julia through his work with her when she came to visit him in jail.

Emperor Claudius also came to like Valentine. He offered to pardon Valentine and set him free if Valentine would renounce his Christian faith and agree to worship the Roman gods. Not only did Valentine refuse to leave his faith, he also encouraged Emperor Claudius to place his trust in Christ. Valentine’s faithful choices cost him his life. Emperor Claudius was so enraged at Valentine’s response that he sentenced Valentine to die.

The First Valentine

Before he was killed, Valentine wrote a last note to encourage Julia to stay close to Jesus and to thank her for being his friend. He signed the note: “From your Valentine.” That note inspired people to begin writing their own loving messages to people on Valentine’s Feast Day, February 14th, which is celebrated on the same day on which Valentine was martyred.

Valentine was beaten, stoned, and beheaded on February 14, 270. People who remembered his loving service to many young couples began celebrating his life, and he came to be regarded as a saint through whom God had worked to help people in miraculous ways. By 496, Pope Gelasius designated February 14th as Valentine’s official feast day.

Famous Miracles of Saint Valentine

The most famous miracle attributed to Saint Valentine involved the farewell note that he sent to Julia. Believers say that God miraculously cured Julia of her blindness so that she could personally read Valentine’s note, rather than just have someone else read it to her.

Throughout the years since Valentine died, people have prayed for him to intercede for them before God about their romantic lives. Numerous couples have reported experiencing miraculous improvements in their relationships with boyfriends, girlfriends, and spouses after praying for help from Saint Valentine.

taken from,
https://www.learnreligions.com/st-valen ... ove-124544
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh! That was a wonderful read, Eric! Thank you! I will never look at Valentine's Day the same way again. :happy
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Starwalker
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Starwalker »

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

I’ve been reading some of your essays, Welles. They are fabulous! They go along with some of my own thoughts lately. Thank you!

Eric, I was wondering about the origins of Valentine’s Day today and did some research on it myself. What a coincidence that I would find this post from you. Seems we were thinking along the same lines today as well.

May we all be blessed with wonderful love lives and remember that the greatest Lover resides inside of us all!

”The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.” ~ Arthur C. Clarke
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

It's a great story and gives a little more meaning than what I thought was purely a "corporate holiday." :lol:

Amazing conviction by Saint Valentine. I believe he refused to comply with the Emperor because in his mind, he was already free. That's the level of communion I'd like to achieve with God.

Some days I taste that reality.

Let's anchor the realization in our daily lives. :sunflower:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity