An Ode To Low Expectations — by James Parker

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

o there i was, staring at my mug of tea.

It was 1993. I was sitting over a plate of eggs in the New Piccadilly Café in Soho, London. Things were not going well. As a man, as a person, as a unit of society, I was barely functioning. More acutely, I was having panic attacks, in an era when people didn’t yet say “panic attack.” They just said Oh, dear. As far as I was concerned, I was going insane.

I took a despairing slurp from my mug, then put it back down. As I did so, the side of my hand touched the Formica tabletop, and I felt the radiant heat from where the mug had been resting a second before. Or, more accurately, I registered it. Through my private cerebral drizzle—the continuous, joy-canceling brain-rain that was my mental reality at the time—I noted it: energy, life, jiggling molecules, the world. A message from the fire of generosity at the heart of the universe. And the message was this: One day, you’ll be able to simply appreciate what’s in front of you. The tea, the café, London, the little lens of warmth on the table. One day, this will be enough.
This is the first half of a great little piece of writing.

https://www.awakin.org/v2/read/view.php ... o&tid=2487

:)
:!:
:idea:
:roll:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: An Ode To Low Expectations — by James Parker

Post by Sandy »

:sunflower:
You know...I love that! It isn't what most of us are used to hearing but... it helps...it really does.

Thank you, Welles!

:loves
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.