The Way Knows the Way — by Lyndsey Scott

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

This is a delightful little article about breaking out in song. In it Lyndsey presents her history with singing and takes us on her journey of creating a song, "The Way Knows the Way".
When I was growing up, my mama made up songs for everything. Potty training? Sing about it. Your heart’s deepest longing? In song. I learned: like birds, we sing. Simple plain, because we’re alive. For me Song is a protection mantle, a wise friend, a presence meditation, a comic relief. Song anchors us in our breathing bodies, resonant chambers. Song lives in the crosshairs of Right Here + Right Now.

Turns out there’s an upwelling of folks who need to sing like we need to breathe. We are finding each other and reclaiming our voices as a pathway to Belonging. We bask in the pleasure of harmony and the power of unison. Community singing (simple songs taught call-and-echo in circle form) is a growing movement that honors the relationship between our voices and our hearts, our voices and our grief, & our voices and the path to mutual liberation. Unblocking energy, melting judgment, decomposing scripts of separation, enlisting endorphins . . . . in Singing, we practice the muscle to choose. Wavelengths change things.

https://www.dailygood.org/story/3000/th ... sey-scott/

:loves
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Way Knows the Way — by Lyndsey Scott

Post by Sandy »

That is so good, Welles! ...it feels unbelievably good singing it out loud with the singers on the audio. It is very...releasing for me as I tend to wrest the steering wheel out of the hands of the divine, sometimes with not so great results... Better to let "The way lead the way... :happy

Thank you so much...I needed this tonight... :hithere
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.