Wonder Increases As Speed Decreases — by David Haskell

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Indulge me for a moment: let’s do a short thought experiment. We’ll compare two different mornings. On one, you’ll fly coast-to-coast, a five hour journey. Imagine yourself in the high-backed seat, being flung across hundreds of miles as the hours creep by. What feeling comes to mind? Boredom. The need for distraction is intense: a book, a movie, a crinkly bag of peanuts. Now, imagine another morning. Pick any point along the flight path and spend those same five hours in a stroll across fields, urban neighborhoods, or forests. What mental states come to mind? Not boredom, for sure. Engagement or curiosity, perhaps?

So, wonder increases as speed decreases. As we cover less ground, we uncover more; as we narrow the field of view, our horizons expand. Monks from the East know this: in one breath is Every Thing. Poets from the West know this also: says Blake, “…a World in a Grain of Sand.” But this truth is seen not just by meditators and mystics. Almost all literature is built on the same understanding.

https://www.awakin.org/v2/read/view.php ... o&tid=2567

:bike: :geek:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Wonder Increases As Speed Decreases — by David Haskell

Post by Sandy »

:cheers: Yes! This is wonderful! I did this about 20 years ago for a couple years...The outer world opened up for me as well as something I wasn't expecting...my inner world expanded as well.. In the slow quiet of observation spirit touched my soul. :happy
Thank you Welles. :happy
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.