Three Questions For A Better World — by Charles Gibbs

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

My friends have helped me see the deadly consequences of the growing gap between rich and poor. A wise African religious leader named Jose Chipenda challenged me with a stark perspective on this situation. When I met him Rev. Chipenda was about to retire after two decades of service as head of the All Africa Council of Churches. He listened to my explanation of the United Religions Initiative with the skepticism that many people from the south and east have when they listen to someone from the north and west promoting yet another good idea for how to save the world.

When I finished talking, he said, before I would support this United Religions Initiative, I would have to know what it would do for three groups of people I have come to know in my years in this work.

https://www.awakin.org/v2/read/view.php ... o&tid=2523

:loves
Sandy
Staff

Re: Three Questions For A Better World — by Charles Gibbs

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Welles.

I was curious about what the United Religions Initiative was...
https://www.uri.org/

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

I'm glad you went and found that link, Sandy. I never did... until you provided it. It's funny I had an instant reaction. Enough of organizations already. The real solution isn't to be found in organized collectivism but individual connection via the heart to God. Then each person would have their own solutions based on the immediate circumstances of their lives. That would change the world!

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Welles,

I was glad to read what you said here as I have been getting a little push back from people wanting us to get into the nitty gritty of social circumstances in our list messages. I try to explain that it is the celestials that give us our messages and we do not dictate what that will be. I also explain that by drawing close to our God within and experiencing the love that imbibes us we can be empowered to weather the trials this world throws at us. And even better be proactive making those necessary changes or a happier healthier caring world.
I was sort of doubting myself a little and so it was really good to read your words and confirmation we are still on track.

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.