Conscious Completion — by Rosie Bell

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Youth is peppered with conspicuous firsts. And unless we’re really trying, life's lasts can tend to sneak past, unnoticed. Your last cigarette may have warranted some ceremony. But what about the last swing you’ll ever sit on? The last pear you’ll eat? The last time you’ll watch [your favorite movie] with any real enthusiasm? [...] What about the last time you read your favorite book? How lovingly will you peel your last carrot?

We often take a hierarchical approach to love and meaning – from the inner to the outer circles of the heart, allocating significance to our experiences accordingly. Yet when I imagine seeing the man who repairs my boots for the very last time, what pathos the occasion takes on. I might feed a horse, pat her velvety nose and wander off – but what if I knew she was the last horse I’d ever see? There’s something in my eye, just imagining it. Perhaps proximity to ‘lasts’ affords us an important glimpse of how unsettlingly marvelous it is to be doing or seeing anything at all. Conscious completion allows us to look back across the finite set of moments and realize that each was as significant as the other – that is to say, absolutely, fundamentally significant. “These are the days of our lives”, a very clever man once said. Boy did he really, really know what he was telling us.

https://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2522

:hithere
Sandy
Staff

Re: Conscious Completion — by Rosie Bell

Post by Sandy »

Thank you for posting this Welles.

This is something I have experienced first hand this long year without my George.
In my experience, these likewise will fade all too quickly. If you live long enough, people you love – perhaps people who are too young to die – will die. When this happens, the intense preciousness of mundane, normal old life will become so painfully clear that you know you will never forget again.
All the things we once did together that I once thought mundane have become precious to me and full of life and vibrancy. With that I have often forget that lesson in the present when it is now just me sitting with my laptop. Life is still precious and if I am having trouble seeing that maybe I can look just a little more carefully with eyes attuned to the tiny miracles around me every day. I hope it is sustainable but dang, I am a very human human. ;) :D
Practice makes perfect...

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Re: Conscious Completion — by Rosie Bell

Post by Welles »

Sandy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:23 am I am a very human human. ;) :D

It's a club we are all a part of.
:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: