Mother Trees In A Wood Wide Web — by Suzanne Simard

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Elders fill a special role in any community, having earned the respect of the tribe for their life-long wisdom, knowledge, and teaching. They help link individuals to the broader community as a whole, and connect the past with the future. Not all old individuals are elders, nor are all elders old. In my family, grandmothers and grandfathers usually filled the role of elders, although certain individuals, like my daughters, were born with wisdom beyond their years, connecting the family through the ages.

This wisdom emerges from lives lived before them over many generations.

In my life’s work in the forest, I have learned that elders of many species, including humans, also connect the forest, providing an adaptive genetic scaffolding for change and resilience among the whole community.

https://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2518

:queen:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Mother Trees In A Wood Wide Web — by Suzanne Simard

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Welles for sharing this short article.

I first learned about the "Wood Wide Web" when I read a book a few year ago called, "The Hidden Life of trees."

I can remember one giant old matriarch of the forest I roamed in as a child. She was a huge Oak in the middle of a hundred acre forest that was changing from once being a pasture 50 years. Here she was Queen and there were none that could match her. Obviously her canopy in the day most likely provide shade for livestock but now she was surrounded by " hardwood youngsters" of various descriptions. There was such a beautiful energy there. I'll never forget it or the wonder I felt standing under her branches. Even now when I am feeling a little lost I can sit back up against a tree, any tree, and allow the soothing energies to help me find balance. :happy

:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.