Questions 'About Mind Control'

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Questions 'About Mind Control'

Post by happyrain »

Why do we get in the way of our own Progress? Sometimes I throw away the desire for self mastery- is it because what I believe in is unachievable? Is it because our way of life caters to instant gratification and laziness? Why do we have warring ideas in our mind, one that wants to excel and another that wants to indulge? Or am I alone here- but if not, how have you harmonized these two influences... And why do you think they're in such contrast anyways?
“About Mind Control.” - Thought Adjuster
Thought Adjuster: “One of the most important requisites for the eventual achievement of fusion with the divine mind – the Thought Adjuster (TA) – is self-mastery. This certainly has a physical component but few human beings pay attention to their intellectual life – the thoughts they entertain in their minds. This is the most subtle area and therefore the area most frequently overlooked at the beginning of the spiritual progress journey.
https://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30940
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: Questions 'About Mind Control'

Post by Sandy »

Why do we get in the way of our own Progress?
Hi Eric... I'd say it is inevitable for most of us that at some point and in some ways we put the breaks on progress. In all honesty though I think this is a natural progress which keeps us from running "gung hoe" off a cliff (figuratively) I think it is in our genes to be cautious at times and at others to let loose like there is no tomorrow. And I guarantee that you are not the only one who struggles with this issue and our own choices...

Sometimes and this is from my own self evaluation we/I wish to distract myself from something difficult, so determining the difficult thing we wish NOT to consider and evaluate (perhaps culminating in a way of being that is not helpful) is a way of confronting a response that is part of a cycle that can be destructive preventing the inner progress we all desire.

It is never helpful to condemn ourselves though as this has the opposite effect and will create a sense of hopelessness in relation to our desired spiritual journey.

If we can be gentle with ourselves we will find the path ahead easier. Imagine ourselves as our inner child. Most of us would never intentionally hurt a child would we? But in the way that counts the most we do this to our own inner selves. We may look like grown ups on the outside and sound and act like grown ups most of the time...but in fact we are just beginning our spiritual journey and there is more for us to learn and experience then we can possibly imagine with human minds...We can think of ourselves as pre-schoolers and our human parents speaking about University study that some day may be our experience. We do not have a clue what that entails only that the goal is before us. That path for a human child is varied and confused with our own decisions and opportunities veering off in many side paths and a future in the making. So imagine the opportunities we have in spirit as we slowly learn the base lessons and build in ways eternity-lasting. WOW there's lots of side paths and exploration as we develop into unique spirit beings with a most amazing never ending adventure. All of them producing experience and this experience, even the bad stuff, can provide us with important lessons and new directions that we may not have discovered any other way.

Anyway, I certainly struggle a bit with this myself, Eric. I think the best thing we can do is try... just try and when we fail or fall we pick ourselves up and try again. :roll: I know it is never that simple... well it is but we make it so complicated. LOL If we have to do this a zillion times we do it a zillion times...We have eternity after all...we've got a wee bit of time to fill, eh? :love

:sunny: Be happy!
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

We live in a world that tries to drive your attention to the material through manipulating us with fears. To strive for inspired values is a noble pursuit. Sometimes it becomes wearying so we take a break. But after a while the true seeker is prompted to resume the task once again. "Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life".

:kiss:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

"Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life".
:cheers:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.