Only Stillness Can Change Us — by Jean Klein

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Your real self, your true nature is what is closest to you: it is yourself. Each step taken to reach it moves you further away from there. Attention is not inside nor outside, so you can never go to meditation. When you try to meditate you create a state, you have a goal you are trying to achieve. Meditation is not a reduction, not a kind of interiorization. So that when there is still even the slightest anticipation of going somewhere, or achieving something you go away – because meditation is your natural state, presence IS. The mind can be still from time to time, but the nature of the mind is activity, is function. Your body can be empty, relaxed from time to time, but your body is also function. It is therefore a violence against nature to attempt to stop the mind or body functions.

The mind must come to a state of silence, completely empty of fear, longing and all images.

https://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2369

:roll:
Sandy
Staff

Re: Only Stillness Can Change Us — by Jean Klein

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Welles!
I'm still working on this one... :)
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Welles,
This last line sums it all up, "In this silence change takes place of its own accord, the problem is resolved and duality ends."

It's been true for me. After learning everything I could from books and other materials... I remained in a state of fearfulness, ... unrest. Coming to this board and learning to meditate from George's CD made all the difference in both my material and spiritual life. Meditation truly began the merging of those two aspects of me. Who knows maybe in a couple thousand years(or more) the process will be complete! Regardless of that outcome, because of learning to meditate, 'becoming', has been a much more enjoyable process.

Thanks Welles,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Agreed Kim!

Applying Will and the journey it self is extremely enjoyable!!

:hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
:loves
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.