Some Thoughts on Water — by Richard Whittaker

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

As an experiment, a few years ago I began asking friends if they had any memorable experiences with water. I was surprised by the blank looks I got.

“Well, do you remember any experiences of swimming or playing with water when you were a child?” I'd ask.

That question worked a little better.

“Oh, yes! When I was a child my parents always took us to a cabin on a lake on summer vacations. I remember swimming there.”

“So is that still a vivid memory now, thirty years later?” I’d ask.

The answer was always affirmative, and usually in a matter-of-fact tone. Thirty, forty, fifty years had passed. Mostly, people don't think about it, it seems. And yet, we all have a variety of memorable childhood experiences around water.

Why had I started asking people about their deep memories around water? Some years have passed since then and I can’t quite reconstruct it exactly. I can say that out of the blue, some of my own memorable experiences with water began bubbling up. This continued happening long enough that I began to wonder what was going on. I found myself in the grip of a feeling about water, as though a door to something deep had opened. It felt important, but couldn’t quite see what lay underneath

No answers presented themselves until, also out of the blue, an explanation occurred to me. Simple. I was being visited by a water spirit. Somehow that pleased me—a water spirit, a playful notion, but why not?
This rambling thought of Richards ends up with a real zinger of a realization, but don't jump to the end. Read the whole piece and earn it!

https://www.conversations.org/story.php?sid=676

:kiss:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Some Thoughts on Water — by Richard Whittaker

Post by Sandy »

:kiss: Thank you Welles...
I loved every word of this essay.

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.