How to Do the Things You Keep Avoiding — by David Cain

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

I always enjoy David's points of view. This particular little essay is embellished with simple cartoonish graphics that help to make his point. It's the first time I've seen him do that.

Tasks you’re avoiding never leave your consciousness for long. They hang there like clouds, some distance away, watching you.

They’re big and looming, but they don’t move very quickly, so you can always just move a bit further away. You still feel their presence though, and it feels bad.

Of course you should just deal with them. You already know that. You should pick one, block off an afternoon, and tackle it.

You don’t though, because whenever you get close to a cloud, you see -– or feel – exactly why you’ve been avoiding it. There are so many things that could go wrong. So many cans of worms you’re not ready to have sitting open.

And how are you supposed to get a handle on a cloud, exactly? It’s too billowy and amorphous to deal with it bit by bit like people say. You’re not sure quite how to get started, so you retreat to a comfortable distance again. You can deal it Sunday. If you have time.

https://www.raptitude.com/2021/02/how-t ... -avoiding/

:roll: :roll: :roll:
sammy

Re: How to Do the Things You Keep Avoiding — by David Cain

Post by sammy »

Hi Welles :hithere

Thanks for sharing that, it's an interesting site. I poked around a bit, have you read any of his experiments? I just glanced at them, but his experiments sound interesting. I think you could change a lot of habits if you look at changing your behavior as an experiment ;)

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

sammy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:27 pm I poked around a bit, have you read any of his experiments? I just glanced at them, but his experiments sound interesting.
They are interesting and I read most everything David writes but I seldom follow anybody's path anymore. I've been guided from within for so long that my path has evolved into a relatively unique one.

:bana: :sunflower: :kiss:
sammy

Post by sammy »

I've been guided from within for so long that my path has evolved into a relatively unique one.
I love that! I take a little from here and a little from there and use what feel right for me :loves

LOVE!!!!
Sammyjo
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

sammy wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:08 pm I love that! I take a little from here and a little from there and use what feel right for me :loves
Exactly!

:hithere