Anyone play an instrument?

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
sammy
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Anyone play an instrument?

Post by sammy »

I have another odd thing going on.

I haven't played my piano in almost 30 years, and about 4 months ago decided to re-train myself. It's not like riding a bike at all! Anyway the poor old thing is severely out of tune but fine for what I'm doing. I practice almost every day.

As you know, I've recently started meditating, today I woke up filled with such love, it was oozing out of me :lol:

I sat down to practice my piano a little while ago and had such trouble because the notes sounded different. Not bad or anything, just different, maybe like I was playing the song in a different key (but I wasn't).

Could it be something like I'm at a different level of vibration than usual so things sound different? Hmm...that said I haven't noticed that anything else sound different.

Any thought?

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
sammy
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Anyone play an instrument?

Post by sammy »

Well, I guess it was not my vibration...My son's GF came home and I asked her to play the piano and she thought it sounded different too...More in tune! I wonder if barometer changes could have tuned my piano a bit.
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Anyone play an instrument?

Post by Seeker13 »

Sammy,
sammy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:47 pmtoday I woke up filled with such love, it was oozing out of me
I love those mornings!

Yay for going back to your piano! :bana:

sammy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:47 pmI sat down to practice my piano a little while ago and had such trouble because the notes sounded different. Not bad or anything, just different, maybe like I was playing the song in a different key (but I wasn't).

Could it be something like I'm at a different level of vibration than usual so things sound different? Hmm...that said I haven't noticed that anything else sound different.
If your piano hasn't been tuned since then, then yes it would probably sound different. Moisture, temperature, and time can all affect tone. As we get progressively older some higher tones are beyond our range of hearing. I know this because our kids test and tease my husband and I on this periodically.

Speaking to your vibration being different, that sounds plausible also. As our vibration changes, our perceptions change. I've noticed music I used to be intolerant of doesn't make me feel the same way as it used to. That also goes for me being more intolerant of certain musical tones as well.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.