6 Simple Acts to Make the World a Better Place — by Rabbi Daniel Cohen

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

That warm Wednesday afternoon in January, my grandparents and I spent the morning at the pool. We were just coming back when we received a call that would change my life forever: My mother had suffered a brain aneurysm.

She was just forty-four years old. How could this be happening? Just yesterday we spoke, she laughed, and now, within forty-eight hours, she’d passed away, leaving her parents, a husband, and six children, ages eight to twenty-one, to mourn her loss.

My world—our world—was turned upside down in an instant.

We don’t like to think about it, but the truth is our lives can change in an instant, as I discovered so powerfully back then. Reading this now is no guarantee that you will be here tomorrow. The question is whether or not we are doing the utmost today with the time we have left. No one on their death bed is asking for more money; they’re asking for more meaning.

In the words of Bob Marley, “Live for yourself and you will live in vain, live for others and you will live again.”

Our actions affect others. “What will be your legacy?” is a question for all of us to reflect upon. It’s a chance to consider past and present actions and vow to make positive changes that will affect not only ourselves and our current families, but possibly future generations. The seeds, whether positive or negative, that we plant today can make an enormous difference.

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/6-simple-wa ... ter-place/