Lost and Found

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
murlin99
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Lost and Found

Post by murlin99 »

Hello Friends,
After a long journey through my mind and corporate America, I have returned to my spiritual family here. A lot has changed since I was last here, some good, some bad, some may be shocking to others.

As I walked through the path of my life and worked through promotion after promotion clawing my way to the top I had a realization that I could not shake. Though I was good at the job I was doing it was draining all of my life and spiritual energy. Working in customer support is a very thankless and draining line of work especially if you feel any empathy at all. This is especially difficult when working with irate, scared, or irrational customers. You absorb everything you can to ease the situation and get everything in order but you are now dealing with all of the emotions you absorbed.

Over time, at least in my case, you get numb. You don't feel about anything, you don't want to feel about anything. Everything becomes dull and numb. No matter how hard I tried to shake this dull numbness of life that I was feeling I never felt like I was myself. Nothing that I liked mattered to me anymore, nothing was fun, I had stopped writing, in general I had stopped caring.

I did this job more or less for 23 years in different aspects of Information Technology from end user email accounts all the way to million dollar corporate accounts. I had worked my way up to a six figure salary with benefits out of this world, and plenty of paid vacation time. But... every time I took vacation I always dreaded having to go back.

But now I have all of the freedom in the world, I resigned from my engineering position and am technically now unemployed working towards self-employed. I am currently in the planning stages as I recharge my life energy and start to look at things in a different light, a younger light, the light I used before I started the 23 year crawl up the corporate ladder.

Some may think I am crazy, some may think this is a great thing. The only thing I can say is this is my thing, it is what I need to do to be the real me, maybe I will go back into engineering at some point, but maybe I will just forge a brand new path.

A bit more detail here in the blogpost I wrote about the same thing https://theinterneteffect.com/2020/10/0 ... y-you-die/

Peace and Happiness,
Bryan
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Lost and Found

Post by Seeker13 »

Brian,
Welcome back! Your choices are your choices, it matters not what others think about them. We're not placed on this world to walk numbly through life,... that's not really living is it?

Embracing change is what The Correcting Time is all about, sounds like you are right where you're supposed to be!

Good luck on the journey,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Welcome back Bryan!

Murlin :bigsmurf:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Bryan. Congratulations on diving into the unknown!

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dear Bryan,
Good for you! What you did took great courage but who knows what wonders you are now free to discover. I hope the "numbness" is wearing off and you are free to feel and enjoy all aspects of life again.
It really made my night to see you on the board. :hithere
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.