Trail of Light — a movie about Deathwalker, Aralyn Doiron

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

This beautifully moving film features Aralyn Doiron, a delightful woman who has trained to be a Death Walker, someone who values a relationship with death and someone who values life. She suggests that it is only when we acknowledge that we are going to die one day, that we can truly start to live. The fact that many of us are separated from death is a disconnect from our humanity. She encourages having normal conversations about death, something we don't usually talk about, bringing death more into our lives in an enlivening way. Death teaches us about impermanence and about valuing what we have in the moment.

https://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=8662

Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Trail of Light — a movie about Deathwalker, Aralyn Doiron

Post by Seeker13 »

Welles,
I'm really glad you found and shared this link. What she says is so very important. People have become so frightened of everything concerning death, that important conversations and and chances to help the dying put their fears aside are missed. Then after a loved on has died, other's are afraid to talk to the grieving, which is usually the very thing they need.

I believe the way we view and deal with death is suppose to be so much different. Perhaps when our world transitions into light and life, it will be different.

Thanks again,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Hi Kim,

I loved the trail of light reference that Aralyn made toward the end of her movie. I recently heard another wonderful perspective from a doctor who opines that we have two births; once when we enter this universe and the second when we enter the next. I love the two birth concept (as opposed to birth and death).

In the last couple of days I prepaid for a cremation package to make dealing with my physical remains seamless. It made sense to me as I'm getting on toward my last dance here on earth... The Mortal Coil Shuffle. I've had a great life here but I'm looking forward with keen interest my birth into the Mansion Worlds.

Meanwhile I'll keep muddling through here on good old Dirt.
:bana:
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Welles,
Welles wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:01 amI recently heard another wonderful perspective from a doctor who opines that we have two births; once when we enter this universe and the second when we enter the next.
This is a wonderful perspective!

Seems like you have a great attitude towards both homes of your birth. I find we always have lessons to learn right up to the point of our 'rebirth'. Planning ahead is a good lesson for all of us, no matter our age or physical circumstances. It's that... incompleteness of what our loved one intended that makes it so much harder on those left behind.

I was blessed at being at both my mother-in-law's, and mom's 'death'. At my mother-in-law's I was terrified, to the point of putting off for days my last visit with her. I knew she was going to die while I was there. In the end forced myself to go. After only a few minutes my fear suddenly abated into understanding, realizing her last gift to me was overcoming my fear of death. After a deep calm entered my being I said, "It's okay Joan, you can go now, I'm not scared anymore," and she did.

Her passing prepared me for my mom's two years later. We knew death was not far off, she'd had cancer for several years and was on Hospice. On my way home one day, I prayed someone would come to abate her fear. It was her choice to stop treatment, but as the end approached, fear of the unknown of death was setting in. By the time of arriving home my sister called jumping up and down, saying that a troop of children angels were bouncing around mom's room! For the next week and a half she told of happy visits with her parents, sister's and celestials. The sharing of her visits added to our own spiritual awakening. Of course my heart was still broken, but felt so much better about where she was going, wrote a poem shared at her funeral, "Death is not a passing, it's a passage."

Anyway, especially with the state of the world today, we are in great need of positive interjections that your links add to the board. Thanks again Welles!

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.