To Be Continually Thrown Out Of The Nest — by Pema Chodron

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

We think that if we just meditated enough or jogged enough or ate perfect food, everything would be perfect. But from the point of view of someone who is awake, that's death. Seeking security or perfection, rejoicing in feeling confirmed and whole, self-contained and comfortable, is some kind of death. It doesn't have any fresh air. There's no room for something to come in and interrupt all that. We are killing the moment by controlling our experience. Doing this is setting ourselves up for failure, because sooner or later, we're going to have an experience we can't control: our house is going to burn down, someone we love is going to die, we're going to find out we have cancer, a brick is going to fall out of the sky and hit us on the head, somebody's going to spill tomato juice all over our white suit, or we're going to arrive at our favorite restaurant and discover that no one ordered produce and seven hundred people are coming for lunch.

https://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2436

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
happyrain
Family

Re: To Be Continually Thrown Out Of The Nest — by Pema Chodron

Post by happyrain »

hi welles,

i really like this one.
i want to add a perspective to this that was shared with me. my reaction is the same as seeing an 1111 prompt in the middle of a seemingly 'chaotic event.' that is, to know that i'm in the right place at the right time.

the philosophy is amor fati
love fate
https://youtu.be/5DmQlKcVcJc
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: To Be Continually Thrown Out Of The Nest — by Pema Chodron

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Welles. I like this one too.

hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.