Question about TA and suicide

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Oswald77
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Question about TA and suicide

Post by Oswald77 »

Hello all,

I know there’s probably not an answer for this or at least not one that we know but I gotta ask anyway because I’m concerned about a friend of mine. I know people don’t go to hell for committing suicide like it says in the Bible but what exactly are the repercussions? I remember reading somewhere that they regret it later but it never said why. Are they barred from fusing with their thought adjuster or anything like that? And are different cases handled differently? For example if someone is physically crippled and can no longer provide for themselves and is quite literally out of options in life would that be judged the same way or differently?

Sorry this was a morbid topic thanks for any response in advance. I know there’s probably not an answer for any of these questions but I thought I’d at least ask.

Thanks again,

Oz
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Question about TA and suicide

Post by Sandy »

Hi Oz,
I think this is a subject that all of us have touched at one time or another in our lives... I remember as a young child my mother's cousin, a lovely young woman with a little baby killed herself and the harsh rules of the church at that time, seemingly in my young eyes killed her all over again. A person who commits suicide is not in right mind so I wonder how, if human mental health agencies can grant them such leeway...how can we come to the belief that our God who understands us at a level we can't even know ourselves will fail to forgive us, support us and direct us towards healing or beings who will show us the way. In my own life, I have known people who have ended their life early and caused great heartache to their family...I heard, "How could they do this thing and hurt their family so."Yet imagine how much they must be hurting to consider such a drastic solution to a life that they see as nonredeemable. Still free will is ours and if we feel unworthy in the next realm we remain marred in sadness perhaps for a time until we choose forgiveness etc.. and allow the "self made shackles" to fall away and healing Divine Light to enter.

We cannot always reach someone who is beside themselves in unhappiness that has darkened their life and swallowed up all the light with no hope for a solution. Perhaps there is a solution, most likely somewhere there always is...but it seems unfathomable to a mind rife with despair. Never give up on them, though or your ability to lighten their life with intuited love.

Two years ago I dropped the ball. Someone was hurting and I was caught up in the illness of a loved one and I missed her. ... So like you, I sit and ponder sometimes how they fare. I have as much hope for these souls who have been badly damaged by a horrendous life happening as I do for myself who in many ways would be as imperfect and undeserving of God's mercy as anyone on the planet. I mean why would I with all my array of misdeeds, missteps and array of human frailties be given a free passage and those impaired by a pain too great to bear be punished. Makes no sense.

I suppose it comes down to beliefs though and the relationship we have with our One God... Remember God is the same God, we just see Him/Her with eyes of our own free will. We can decide how we feel about this magnanimous being but is it right to foster our own beliefs be they merciful or hateful on someone else?
It seems sometimes religious views can be quite weaponized, especially towards those with views that they do not understand or accept.

So basically LOL I can only answer your questions from the context of my own beliefs. Be they right or wrong I find comfort in a Loving God in regards to those I have lost tragically. I believe that there will be a healing of these souls and that God in His/Her great wisdom and mercy will provide solace and guidance and a love that will burn through the darkest haze they surround themselves with even as they choose to die a sad, lonely mortal death. This life is not the end but the beginning and new doors of understanding will open for them in time as they slowly heal from the wounds of this mortal world. It is from this healing place they can better choose more clearly the path ahead. The choice is still theirs though and from what Geoff has learned some find it hard for awhile to let go of this Pain self loathing etc. that may have been their earth life.

I think the reason many regret taking their own life is because they can see more clearly the way it truly was, the decisions made differently that might have given them answers and fullness of life. From this lofty place we can see ourselves, our underlying motives , our burdens, and ways of being more clearly. The pain of this can burden us if we forget that God's love and forgiveness is all encompassing.

We are all worthy of God's unconditional love and forgiveness. God's love never fails us.

LOL Gee I rattle on don't I? :oops:

I fervently hope that your friend finds their peace again and that they can see/feel just how much they are loved and always will be.

xxSandy

LOL I was just thinking when you said this...
I know there’s probably not an answer for any of these questions but I thought I’d at least ask.
... that there wasn't a real answer to your questions that any of us can 100 percent give but the answer does lie somewhere in our individual experience... mortal and immortal existence. This is one of those times that you can find peace on this issue by examining your own experience with the God who creates universes.

Welcome to the board Oz. :hithere
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Oz,
Welcome to the boards!

As always I appreciate people asking one of the 'hard questions'. I can only give you my experience concerning this topic. My father committed suicide in 1975 when I was 16. I'm going to briefly tell the story, so you'll have some context.

My dad was not a great person, abusive alcoholic and bi-polar, considered himself the victim(sorry to all those who have heard this before). About ten years ago I had been working diligently for a couple of years to rid myself of the hatred and anger I still felt for him. My siblings and I are still effected by the result of his mistreatment.

Many people in my family have spiritual gifts. I believe my work on ridding myself of the effects of his abuse, 'found' his spirit, so to speak. It led him to me. He was a heavy smoker, so that is what he used as a symbol to get my attention that he was present. Not that I wanted any contact with him. He began to simply make his presence known over and over again. Surprisingly, on a few occasions had shown himself to my daughter as a protector when she was in danger.

One day I felt very fidgety and uncomfortable, weighted down by my emotions. Unable to rid myself of these emotions or pinpoint their origins. I finally asked my daughter if she saw anyone around me. We went outside, sat on the front steps. She said, "Your dad. He's repeating, 'I'm so sorry.'

Sitting there I carefully thought about my own feelings about him and was even a bit surprised at the conclusion. I said, "Dad you need to move on." It was then I could see his form in my minds eye, feel him kneeling in front of me, kind of like a cushion of air pushing against me. He was filled with remorse and guilt.

My daughter continued, “But how can I after all I've done?”

It felt like an actual weight had been lifted from my shoulders as realization hit me. I said, “Because I forgive you... You need to forgive yourself.” He stood dumbfounded! As if a light had switched on in his mind. Christ Michael appeared behind him and held out a hand. Dad looked at me as if not believing his own eyes, took Michael's hand, and they disappeared.

My daughter and I stared at each other in almost the same disbelief! “Did that really happen?”

It took some time, and a lot of spirit help, but my dad learned to overcome that person he was here, forgive himself. Since then he has come to me on several occasions, apologetic, as a messenger, a comforter. His job in spirit is to help and comfort people who are depressed and suicidal. He, along with my mom(never thought those two would connect in spirit!), have come to me several times with warnings of a family member who needed to know they were not alone.

So, to finally answer your question. In my experience, God is love, not a punisher. Our afterlife is created by the words, thoughts, and actions we had while living. We end up with like souls. My dad was stuck in his own personal hell, until he was able to accept the responsibility of his own actions. Spirit help is available to them, but they have to do the work it takes to rise out of those circumstances, believe there is a God and a reason for each of us. I do not believe our TAs will abandon us under any circumstance. We alone make the final decision to continue on... or disappear.

Hope you find this helpful,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Kim. I am moved to tears by your writing. Bless you for sharing your very special understanding of this heart rending subject. I always knew you were one of the kindest and most loving people that I have ever met. Now I know why. :kiss:

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
:loves
Kim

And to all others,
As I have pointed out before, suicide, death, cancer, mental illness,...(lol spiritual experiences), etc. often seem to be taboo subjects to talk about. People NEED AND SHOULD talk about them! Over and over again, until what ever it is it holds no more pain. He was not a great person, sadly we were relieved to no longer be in his foreboding presence, but after my dad's suicide, hardly a word was spoken... ever! It was as if it never happened. Not healthy, for anyone.

love, peace and courage to all,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.