Doing Corn — by Stuart Perkins

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

This is a world I want to live in.

https://storyshucker.wordpress.com/2020 ... oing-corn/

Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Doing Corn — by Stuart Perkins

Post by Seeker13 »

Welles,
Boy, does this piece bring up memories! No one harvested corn like in the story. My grandma had EXTENSIVE veggie and flower gardens(I'm talking massive), prompting my love of gardening today. Grandpa C on my dad's side of the family grew enough corn to eat corn on the cob, and dry and feed the pig and chickens for the next year. There was a corn shucker mounted right outside the chicken coop( haven't seen one like it since). You'd put an ear of dried corn in the top, spin the handle, and like magic the corn kernels fell out the bottom into a bucket! Then it was time to feed the chickens and collect the eggs. He didn't have corn, but oh did he have a field of potatoes! Makes me hot and tired just thinking about it.

Thanks for posting this story allowing me a chance to reminisce on some of my favorite memories.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Kim and Welles.

Kim, your grandma and mine must have been cut from the same cloth. :D My Mamaw's garden was HUGE and so gorgeous with everything just perfect. The aunties gathered together and put the vegetables away much like in this wonderful essay. Unfortunately, we lived in another state so I personally can't attest to the methods. But, as a kid, all the mom's and dads in our neighbourhood had gardens in those days and all the children became group children as we were loaned out between families. LOL I know it sounds terrible, like slave labour, but it was fun with a real feeling of camaraderie as we shared the green bean stringing and snapping, the corn shucking, the and peach and apple peeling. They were the best times of my life and this essay brings it all back so vividly. :sunflower:

Welles, thank you for the wonderful distraction from the scary world tonight. Those memories from Sherwood Road are just the ticket tonight. :happy
love ,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Cut from the same cloth indeed! Think I've shared this story before. Grandma had a big old farm with acres of rolling hills covered in wild strawberries. Even at four or five she'd send me out with a little basket to fill. It would take me all day, singing to myself, picking(eating mostly) sweet little delicacies, laying in the clover watching the clouds roll by, smelling wild roses, hair tousled by the wind. No matter how many berries I came home with, it was always just enough to make a batch of freezer jam. "Mmmm," can almost taste it now slathered on a big old hunk of homemade brown bread, washed down with a tall cold glass of milk.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Meghan
New Friend

Post by Meghan »

hello to Sandy and George after a very long (15 year?) absence. I've never left this board in spirit. I didn't want to start another thread. I sought one that could be transparent about the current and quick unfolding in the US and world. after 30 years (in my 47 year old existence), we've arrived into Correcting Time, haven't we? I flipped to Joseph E Jean-Phillippe's, The Correcting Time today and it landed perfectly (as pages do) talking about the division that's taking place. Is there a thread on the board I can be directed toward to hear the thoughts of the board on the matter? Hello and love to you all -
"The mind is of God's very essence and is not separated off from God's essentiality, but is united unto it as light to sun."
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hello meghan and welcome back!
i hope someone is able to provide you with exactly what you're looking for...
here are my thoughts, after listening to a himalayan monk describe the events unfolding today. i hope it helps, maybe it relates to the correcting time?

swami vidyadhishananda has said the thing to do during these times is to practice fortitude as a spiritual practice and on the family level. the momentum and the collective karma is such that real reform won't be seen until 2034. between now and then we can expect at least one more major movement in consciousness(like we're witnessing today). the prediction is 2025-2026... by 2029 things will calm as the younger generation will have more compassion than what the current generation is currently able to demonstrate. while we endure the transitions, time and time again we will be faced with the decision to respond to life with love or hate. the best medicine is nature, to disconnect from the fear-peddled news. i do believe these times are allowing people to embrace their individual responsibility more, take the desired paths for how they choose to live their life. freedom will be found in the connections with those closest to them. the potential is there at least. lastly, i'd like to add that there were other masters and monks who have in the past accurately described the times we are faced with today. some of the things to note that stood out to me, communication with extraterrestrials will be common place. there will be a movement from systems to consciousness. population will be decreased. despite the chaos, find peace within and learn to glide across the water. swami has also said it isn't enough to be earnest, these times require dutiful action. so let your expression be your service for those in your immediate life. you will find joy in these moments. i sincerely believe this as a type of heavenly response, cosmic rays of energy that presently effect us all, it is transcendent and very positive in nature. the chaos, both manufactured and real, comes from the shaking of a crumbling foundation.

cheers!
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Meghan,
You are not going to believe this but I was thinking of you this past week. We joined at nearly the same time and it was your thread I first posted on. But that wasn't excactly why I was thinking about you. I remember you fondly and in one of your pms years ago you wee speaking to me about colon health and colonics. (sp.?) Of course I didn't have a clue and now fifteen years later it has come around again. LOL

I hope you are well. :finger: :)

Last night I tried to find a suitable thread for your discussion, but to be honest, it has been awhile since a discussion on The Correcting Time has officially come up. Please feel free to start a new thread on this important topic and if you would, please add the URL you mentioned of Joseph E Jean-Phillippe's, The Correcting Time today.I tried to find it but kept coming up empty.

I believe we have been in the correcting Time since about 1984 or so... We are all part of it and do not have to be a practising leader or guru to contribute mightily to changing this world and bringing about the Era of peace and Love worldwide often called, the Era of Light an Life. I suspect you are contributing a I speak. :bana: I suspect we must hang on tight as there is a bit of turmoil to come but there is something better coming...I can sort of feel it when I quiet the sometimes present fear from the latest challenge. :)

Anyway, I have to go for now...George has not been well and the days are a little topsy turvey.

I can't tell you how good it is to see you again, though. :sunflower:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.