It Is Life That Asks The Questions Of Us — by Viktor Frankl

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

It Is Life That Asks The Questions Of Us — by Viktor Frankl

Post by Welles »

The question can no longer be “What can I expect from life?” but can now only be “What does life expect of me?” What task in life is waiting for me?

Now we also understand how, in the final analysis, the question of the meaning of life is not asked in the right way, if asked in the way it is generally asked: it is not we who are permitted to ask about the meaning of life — it is life that asks the questions, directs questions at us… We are the ones who must answer, must give answers to the constant, hourly question of life, to the essential “life questions.” Living itself means nothing other than being questioned; our whole act of being is nothing more than responding to — of being responsible toward — life. With this mental standpoint nothing can scare us anymore, no future, no apparent lack of a future. Because now the present is everything as it holds the eternally new question of life for us.

The question life asks us, and in answering which we can realize the meaning of the present moment, does not only change from hour to hour but also changes from person to person: the question is entirely different in each moment for every individual.
It Is Life That Asks The Questions Of Us— by Viktor Frankl

https://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2423

:hithere :bana: :hithere :bana: