Into The Chrysalis — by Chris Corrigan

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Chrysalises both inspire and baffle me. The thought that a caterpillar can crawl into a sac made of its own body and dissolve its form and come out as a butterfly is a cliched image of transformation, but holy rubbish. Stop for a moment and really think about that. Does the caterpillar know this is going to happen? If it does that shows some tremendous trust. If it doesn't, then that shows some incredible courage. It just hangs out there, isolating itself from the rest of the world and changing in ways it can never understand.

Does a caterpillar see a butterfly and go "that will be me one day?"

https://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2413
happyrain
Family

Re: Into The Chrysalis — by Chris Corrigan

Post by happyrain »

thanks welles!
reminds me of the saying,
"what the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

While this is probably not the essay's intention, it has me thinking of other miraculous transformations of nature...cicada's, tadpoles/frogs, and even salmon and their amazing road home that changes their physical bodies. Those are the obvious ones...There are so many more miracles that nature produces every single day under our very noses. I'm thinking of the wonders of the Divine who can create such beings from atoms and cells. I mean really ponder the inherent biological mechanisms in such life....in all life. For me Nature is God's greatest cathedral! :cheers:

I am hearing the song, "How Great Thou Art" :happy
This part...

"O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art! "

:loves
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:hithere it left me feeling something similar, wonder for the transformation- a feeling of hope that, no matter what we've held on to or pursued in this life that a transformation is brewing behind the scenes regardless- things naturally fall off of us as we become something else... whether we're aware of it or not, that change is a beautiful result... this article helped me let go of the things i tend to worry to much over. not sure if i explained the feeling correctly but yeah, it's an awesome read. forwarded this one to a friend :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity