Uplifting Music

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Uplifting Music

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Everyone,
My go to when, well almost any time, but especially when life is overwhelming is listening to and singing with MUSIC. Classical is for relieving stress and calming the mind chatter. Today in light of everything surrounding us, I needed something a little more uplifting and this song came to mind.

YouTube is an amazing site!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3dBuySkEdM

My hope is it inspires others as it did me.

Kim

P.S. Do some voice warm ups, because it's almost impossible to not sing along!
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Uplifting Music

Post by happyrain »

thank you kim, it's a great idea and, for posting a song from the prince of egypt soundtrack.

you've sparked a memory, i was heart broken from the song deliver us in that movie...

really struck something deep...
when the mom sings

"Hush now, my baby
Be still, love, don't cry
Sleep as you're rocked by the stream
Sleep and remember my last lullaby
So I'll be with you when you dream"

and the sister,

"Brother, you're safe now
And safe may you stay
For I have a prayer just for you:
Grow, baby brother
Come back someday
Come and deliver us, too..."
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Very touching and powerful words. Caused me to tear up reading them.

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

When You Believe has been playing over and over in my head since posting it here. A few minutes ago when reading a reply of Sandy's to the Group Meditation thread. From a Distance took it's place. I love when spirit speaks to me through song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN4AcFzxtdE

Does this happen to anyone else? Care to share?

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Kim.
After watching that video I sort of feel like I got a hug from God. :happy Some songs just move you into the realm of spirit and that is one of them. I adore Bette Midler and hadn't heard that song in a long time. Thank you for posting it.

This song has always held special meaning for me too. Somewhere Out There https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkI-B2JWSZI

I have great hope for man/womankind kind when I listen to this song. Let's keep dreaming about Love and Peace. We are not alone. :kiss:

((((((hugs)))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
I love that song, thanks for the reminder and link.

Kim

Heavensabove
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Heavensabove »

Sandy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:28 am Hi Kim.
After watching that video I sort of feel like I got a hug from God. :happy Some songs just move you into the realm of spirit and that is one of them. I adore Bette Midler and hadn't heard that song in a long time. Thank you for posting it.

This song has always held special meaning for me too. Somewhere Out There https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkI-B2JWSZI

I have great hope for man/womankind kind when I listen to this song. Let's keep dreaming about Love and Peace. We are not alone. :kiss:

((((((hugs)))))
Sandy
Great song Sandy. :bana:

When I was young I was in love with Linda Ronstadt..lol
She's still got it :sunflower: :sunflower:

Shane.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Yup! A great song to listen to if you have dust in your eyes and they need a good washing out.

KIm

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

LOL Yep it does a good job of clearing the dust. ;)

I used to often feel the "someone Out there" was God. So it could be sort of inspirational...At other times, man, when you're homesick and far from home... It'll rip your heart out. :shock:
Still, had forgotten what a powerful voice Shane's "heart throb", ;) :D has got...perfect for this song.

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Here's another Bette Midler song that always makes me cry.
https://youtu.be/ywlFEGhxm08
It was Wingzie's favourite song. Near the end it gave her great comfort as she interpreted it to be about her TA. You see even though she couldn't walk anymore she flew in spirit on the back of her TA who became a magnificent Eagle.

hugs,
Sandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

a friend shared this with me, please read the lyrics too- it's a poem and i think you will enjoy it.
https://youtu.be/H272focq0Cw

i also feel the urge to connect with the divine mother...
https://youtu.be/K0rU_g7q1lc
i believe the sanskrit salutations is an invocation of the spirit within, her current runs through us all and sanskrit is the universal language.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
It's evident in many of your post you've been thinking of past members of the board, and missing them. May they all be well, both in this life and beyond. Wingzie was and is a special person. I almost added that song too.

Eric,
Both those videos were very inspiring! Watched the first one twice! I should be used to this by now, but would you believe I'd just finished a meditation with Nebadonia before signing in to the boards? I too needed comfort from my Divine Mother. Seeing the image was a little astonishing for me, as it very closely represents my inner vision of Nebadonia. Felt a very strong sensation right in my heart center throughout the song and Nebadonia's symbol signaled for a time at the beginning of the song when I asked her a question.

Thank you both for the additions to this thread! You never know where a song may take you... Maybe dancing with the atoms?!

Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good day!
Once again as problems, both worldly and closer to home threaten. I turn to music to help fortify my personal protection against the onslaught. After going to The River, listening to Aleah and Noah's song, so many gathered there to send healing to George and Sandy this morning. The next song to play was Hallelujah. I'd forgotten exactly what the word meant. Merrium/Webster online reminded me that it is simply, "1-used to express praise, joy or thanks. 2- a shout or praise of thanksgiving." It seemed Hallelujah was the perfect song for me to listen to!

There are many excellent renditions out there, but this one to me is the most beautiful to date. I'm very grateful to have had it presented as a choice for me this morning, finding it both joyful and inspiring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP8d7hhpoQ

When life is overwhelming, music can be a tool used for aiding the healing of our spirits.

Love to all,
Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

awesome!!
agreed, was going to share this last night then decided not to. seeing as you ressurected this great thread, check out this rendition
https://youtu.be/Qe_2uhXcfRw
discovered the artist on souncloud and listened to his music while practicing our group meditation
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Ah, a balm for the soul. What a Wonderful World, lovely song and sentiment to meditate with. Dave and I just finished, listening and singing with Aleah while she played her guitar. We also shared our latest favorite videos with each other. Seemed as if the post of your song was written into the itinerary of our evening! Perfect timing!

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

aw, kim. that's a sweet moment. thank you for sharing as well. my heart is in a better place when you do.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
happyrain wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:15 amaw, kim. that's a sweet moment. thank you for sharing as well. my heart is in a better place when you do.
That's the nicest thing to say! Music has such a special place in the hearts of our family. When I was a kid it was a weekend expectation. My brother would pull out his guitar, we'd automatically gather around. Extended family and friends almost always joined us. You should have seen us at Christmas!

I could tell since she was an infant, Nova, our two-year-old granddaughter, definitely has the music loving gene. :sunflower: I played Aleah's video of the Waiting song to her and five-year-old sister for the first time yesterday. From the beginning of the song she held back tears, so overcome. She whispered, "Grandma, I want to learn to play the guitar." She's repeated this desire to me several times in the past few weeks. Next we viewed the Halleluiah song shared here. She hardly took a breath, mesmerized by the harmony. As it finished wide-eyed she whispered, "A le loo ya." Enough to melt this old music loving grandma's heart it was. Lol! Then there's her sister sighing in exasperation, "Grandma, we already listened to two of your songs!" :lol:

Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

That's wonderful... My grandpa would play Silent Night on the Harmonica. I was always impressed.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Silent night, that warms my heart, would love to hear it.

My oldest brother played the harmonica. He was a really big guy, when he played his foot got to stomping and he started getting into the music playing and dancing. We knew when that foot started stomping, it was time to get out of his way! Our big family holiday gathering was at Thanksgiving. He always got us to sing Christmas carols then. Lol! he even convinced me to make up song books for the occasion! He always had to hear one song for the very last. He'd sit down, expecting we would all get quiet and say, "Aleah give us a song!" She sang Amazing Grace at his funeral four years ago... not a dry eye in the house.

Growing up our family was not a happy one, except when someone started to sing or bring out an instrument. Music bound us all together.

Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good evening everyone!
While thinking of those suffering tonight, this song popped into my head. Haven't thought of this one in... well I can't remember, so probably when it was popular 100 years ago. It seems much slower to me now, but It is my sincere hope that, "When you're battling the raging winds, I Wish You Peace."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq6X7IZouHE

Love to all,
Kim

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hello all,
Needless to say, in lieu of recent events in the U.S.(on top of COVID!), my heart has been deeply saddened. The past few nights I've fallen asleep praying for national unity and healing. Anyone who knows me understands I receive messages from spirit through music. This morning I woke myself up singing this song. I believe it may have been a message I was giving myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyU0P6iqyw4

"You who are on the road must have a code that you can live by. And so become yourself,...because the past is just a goodbye." I'm thinking this is the most pertinent message for me. I must have a code that I can live by... No matter what anyone else says or does. The choices I make, along with the words I choose, especially when hatred and chaos surrounds me, is what I receive back, and what I will ultimately be judged for.

Of course I was singing that song all day. When my granddaughters were having a rough time getting along, I asked the youngest, "Do you want to hear the song I've been singing all day long?" Immediately the air cleared and moods changed. With Nova sitting on my lap we went down the YouTube musical rabbit hole that led us to this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLiWFUDJ95I

Some people might look at this collection of young people and immediately form a judgmental attitude of one thing or another. Personally, I'm blown away by every song they produce, and my spirit sings with glee from the feelings their musical renditions inspire in me! Nova could listen and watch Pentatonix, well probably for hours if I would allow it. If music... any music can bring tears to the eyes of two-year-old(not to mention the phenomenal message of this particular song!)... then even in the wake of the latest negativity and strife, I'm hopeful. Not to mention grateful to my guides and teachers for leading me to the songs that I really need to hear, when I need to hear them.

Sending a musical message of love, peace and courage to everyone,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

WOW! Wow! Wow!

I was all prepared when Pentatonix began (in my "old person" inner voice) to say..."cheeky devils trying to do a Beatles song remake."

Well, they blew it out of the ball park. :shock: That was awesome Kim.
Definitely a much needed message for these very difficult times.

Thank you for sharing it. I must listen to more of their songs. :bana:

hugs,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Pentatonix is known for their rendition of famous cover songs. The only musical instruments involved are their voices.

As George was preparing to pass, I so wanted Aleah and I to sing Amazing Grace for you. Lol, it would would have paled in comparison to this version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obp-9BEZe1c

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Another wow for that amazing version of Amazing Grace.
I am sure that you, and Aleah too, would have amazed and comforted all of us who were already grieving with your soul felt intentions. :kiss:

(((((((HUGS))))))
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Revisited the link to Amazing Grace and this one caught my eye!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

Kim