The Most Famous Swami Vivekananda Quotes: The “15 Laws of Life”

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

The Most Famous Swami Vivekananda Quotes: The “15 Laws of Life”

Post by Welles »

Born in 1863, Swami Vivekananda was one of India’s most prolific spiritual leaders. Dubbed ‘the one who awakened India’, the one who ‘saved Hinduism, saved India’ and ‘the maker of modern India’, his life was a testament to the power that one awakened individual can have. While there’s no shortage of Swami Vivekananada quotes out there, non are more famous or more referred to than his ’15 Laws of Life’.

1) Love is the Law of Life

All love is expansion, all selfishness is contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore, love for love’s sake, because it is a law of life, just as you breathe to live.

2) It is Your Outlook That Matters

It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.

3) Life is Beautiful

First, believe in this world – that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the right light. Throw the burden on yourselves!

4) It is The Way You Feel

Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.

5) Set Yourself Free

The moment I have realised God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him – that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.
Don't stop now. There are ten more to go!

The Most Famous Swami Vivekananda Quotes: The “15 Laws of Life” — from Wisdom Pills

https://www.wisdompills.com/swami-vivek ... s-of-life/

happyrain
Family

Re: The Most Famous Swami Vivekananda Quotes: The “15 Laws of Life”

Post by happyrain »

thanks welles, this aligns with the teachings of universal sufism.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: The Most Famous Swami Vivekananda Quotes: The “15 Laws of Life”

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Welles. I was just thinking how beneficial it would be to take each one of those and take a week (just as an example) to examine one in particular...allowing the words and meaning to become real in your life before moving on to the next. What a happy, peaceful place our souls would be.

If I had to pick a favourite or else :shock: I suppose it would be this one.... :happy
All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
Thanks again..
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.